Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Darmos HUD System

Status
Not open for further replies.
iron-man-3-you-can-always-count-on-billionaire-genius-tony-stark-to-have-the-coolest-new-user-interfaces-and-his-new-iron-man-suit-lives-up-to-the-challenge-with-a-helmet-ui-thats-pretty-incredible.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: A personal HUD for Urwin Darmos to be used in his engineering work.
  • Image Source: Sfsgate
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: (Please link and cite the sources which you are modifying for your use in your submission.)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Urwin Darmos
  • Model: Darmos HUD System
  • Affiliation: Urwin Darmos
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Duraplast and Sensors
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Directly connects to comms link, allowing for the sending, recieving, and displaying of data and communications.
  • Is implanted into the brain, and is also controlled by neural messages/thoughts.
  • Comes with various sensors that can be turned on or off depending on what is needed.
  • Can display data like diagnostics for anything from armor, to ships, to vehicles.
It includes:
Environmental sensors that can measure/detect things like gas, heat, etc.
HUD
GPS
Radar
Strengths:
  • The HUD can analyze ship, vehicle, armor, etc systems and calculate things like diagnostics and repair methods.
  • In combat situations, which should rarely happen in Urwin's life, it can analyze the situation and come up with strategies to ensure survival.
  • The HUD is able to show communications as well as send them, allowing for very smooth and easy responding/recieving.
  • The system is always recording what the user sees, allowing for the user to go back and review situations/scan objects or people in the situation.
Weaknesses:
  • The system can be overwhelming at times if too many scans are attempted or too much data is loaded.
  • The communications has a maximum range, which makes the system not able to recieve communications from outside the user's sector.
  • The system powers itself through the users body nutrients, meaning extra nutrition/food is necessary and it cannot function properly if the user is hurt or low on nutrition.
  • The body can at times react to the system implant as if it is an enemy and attack it. The system will usually find ways to suppress these bodily reactions, but they can still cause issues.
DESCRIPTION
The idea comes from the fact that I believe if I am going to claim Urwin is a good engineer who is experienced, he should have some tech for himself, created by himself. He's not the type of guy to go on to create big weapons for himself, but more something to help him in his work. A HUD implant that can do many things to help with this is exactly what he would want. I've taken some inspiration from other HUD systems, and made heavy editing to make sure it fit my needs. I did my best to supply many limitations to the HUD system in terms of weaknesses to make sure it couldn't be used in a way that wasn't involved in engineering. It's not a very PvP oriented technology, and is more for Urwin's work.

The system is a cybernetic implant that connects to the brain, using the brain stem to register the user's thoughts. This is why the system runs off of the body's nutrients rather than an external power source, and makes it more dependent on the user.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Urwin Darmos"]

Hi there! This submission looks pretty good to me, although I just have one little question regarding this:
Urwin Darmos said:
The system powers itself through the users body nutrients, meaning extra nutrition/food is necessary and it cannot function properly if the user is hurt or low on nutrition.

I'm just a little curious about this line. Is this supposed to be similar to a cybernetic implant? If so, please annotate this and describe it within the description field. If this is to be an external augmentation, something Darmos is going to be wearing then I'd like some details to be added to the description as well.

Suggestion: The Description field is typically used to provide some in-depth detail in regards to the submission in question. What you've currently placed there seems to be more of a postscript OOC note, which is perfectly fine, but adding a fleshed out description of at least a paragraph or two will surely help other writers understand what exactly your cool tech can and cannot do. I would wholeheartedly appreciate a nice description, but this is a mere suggestion on my part and you're free to take that as you will.

Feel free to tag me when edits have been made. Thanks!

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Urwin Darmos"]

A neural HUD system purposed primarily for utility functions. Looks very fun to roleplay with and has no outrageous strengths or weaknesses. Looks good to me.

Awesome. Pending Secondary Approval. Thanks! [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom