Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darkness Withers

He stood there. His mask obscured his face. As he looked up at the entrance, which was at the top of the long stairs, flashes of the past began to fill his vision. This was the place where his journey started so long ago. This tomb. This tomb where he started his quest of knowledge and power. Where he met @[member="Darren Shaw"] and started a long time friendship that ultimately lead him to his current state as a cyborg.

This tomb...

For so long, Onyx hid from the galaxy. Hiding and waiting for the correct moment to reemerge. He knew about the current tension between Mandalorian, Republic, and Sith Empire. He knew it was the perfect time to continue his quest.

His armor and mask were both worn and old. He didn't care. It was a symbol, his mark on the galaxy. But before he did anything, he needed to remind himself of his quest. So there he stood, at the tomb that started everything. Taking a deep breath he started up the stairs.

Upon reaching the entrance he let another breath go. "So we begin," he whispered to himself. Stepping into the tomb, he had both lightsabers ready for anything that might appear.

Cold metal clanked against the ground. A raspy breathing echoed throughout the tomb. Sadrion stood at the entrance, his masked face scanning the inside. If what he felt was right, this was the tomb of a very powerful force user. As soon as he set foot inside, his suspicions were proven right as he felt a sudden surge in the force. Whoever it was, they had awakened. Cold determination drove him forward, and he set off to meet the source of the energy.

@[member="The Onyx"]

Onyx walked down the long halls, again flashes of the past filled his vision. He couldn't help but remember it. Suddenly Onyx felt the presence of another. Like the first time he was here, he was suspicious. Turning around he stopped and activated his red and blue lightsabers.

Moving back down where he came he saw a figure. They were cloaked and their face was hidden. "I've been itching to kill," Onyx said with a deep raspy voice, "So don't make me angry."

@[member="Sadrion"]

On Korriban where I had once been an Apprentice so many years ago, I stood. Taking everything in. I dressed in my Rune armor. Once used for my name as a Sith. It was short lived. Still, I had fallen. and three years after my last bout with my friend Onyx. Who I had killed with the engine of his ship. If anyone asked about that day, I would have told them that I hated the man. He threatened to kill my mother. I stared off into the distance with a Holo in my hand. A voice broke through, and seemed to Echo in my mind.

"So we begin,"

My heart skipped a beat. Almost blowing my head up from the force that surged at me. I covered my ears. Sending back a message, "Once more.... Brother of Chaos." I dropped the holo from my hand and slowly straightened my self to stand back up. I knew where he was. I could feel him. His anger, his hate, his life. My armor burst into shades of Blue as the runes lit up on my armor. My chest opened up as I breathed in forcing my heart to beat faster as adrenaline pumped into my body. There was only one way to begin once more. Turning to the South. I faced the trail that would lead to the Ruins of a Tomb that we had once met.

My mind flashed back my entire life to that point where he handed me a Holocron on how to make a Sithsword made of Cortosis. Now that I no longer had the blade as it was from the use of to many battles. I took a single step forwards. The single step that would send me on a thousand more. I would return to my Brother of Chaos and welcome him to the Galaxy once more.

@[member="The Onyx"], @[member="Sadrion"].

As he saw the armor, Sadrion felt a surge of memory. Wincing behind the mask, he watched as Xardus internally remembered the man, one who had trained him so long ago. A thin smile crossed his face as he began to relay thoughts to the man. 'Welcome back to the galaxy, Onyx. It is good to meet your... acquaintance. Or do you remember what lies inside me?', he asked, referring to the slumbering soul of Xardus Folidaar.

@[member="The Onyx"] @[member="Darren Shaw"]

Onyx gave a chuckle as the figure spoke. He deactivated his lightsabers before speaking. "Xardus." Onyx could feel his soul within this new creation. "And you are..." Before he could go farther with his speaking, he suddenly heard the voice of someone familiar. Looking at Xardus, or the new soul that had his body, he nodded.

"Follow me."

Onyx lead him back out the tomb. At the top of the stairs he looked down and saw him. The figure moved fast towards the tomb. Feeling his mind move with the force, he knew that he became stronger. @[member="Darren Shaw"] was powerful. Onyx knew this better then anyone. But he hadn't seen him in so long and the last time they met Darren believed he killed him.

Now they were about to be reunited for the first time. Onyx couldn't help but laugh at the situation. His closest friend and greatest enemy was moving towards them. He was ready.

@[member="Sadrion"]

I moved fairly fast for a human. Even walking with my long strides carried my body many times more than anyone under my height of 6'9" Almost two and a third meters, I was huge compared to others. Looking down at the tombs that were arrayed out of the former Sith lords that once roamed the Galaxy, I could see in the distance the tomb that both of us had entered as apprentices. Standing there, I could see the form of Darren Onyx. Standing next to him was another person. I slowed my pace down as I could now clearly see the Mask that covered Onyx's face.

Using the force as my hands I stretched out my mind to see who was there. Sadrion. I smiled as he still believed that he was in control of Xardus' body. Soon he would learn. I continued to walk forwards until we were 10 meters apart. The open wind blowing at my sleeveless cloak, as well as Onyx's. I stopped. My four eyes glowed a blue from my HUD of the helmet being brighter. "I see that you are alive Brother." I yelled out from the distance. I was pointing out the obvious at this point.

I pulled my sabers from my waist. One a brilliant gold that once belonged to my father, and the white one that in it's grace would be my own weapon of choice. With the emitters facing in the Sith Shien I moved my body to the stance that I had taken what seemed such a long time ago. And with a flick of my thumbs the saber lit up, The gold revealing it's Icy blue blade, and the white showing off the Crimson blade. With Jar'kai in my mind, I smiled, as it was very apparent in my voice. "I believe that we have unfinished business."

If Sadrion did not move out of the way, then I would fight him as well, but right now, my sights were on Darren Onyx.

@[member="The Onyx"]

Onyx wasn't phased. Activated both his lightsaber he smirked under his mask. "It seems so."

Launching himself forward, he brought his two sabers down hard. He would, after the initial contact, launch several strikes. One saber, the red one, would strike the upper half of his body and his other saber, the blue, would strike the lower body. He knew that Darren was strong so he would have to move quick if he wanted to have any chance of winning.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

Sadrion did not expect such a warm welcome, and it took him by surprise. He was about to onject when he felt yet another strong presence.An interesting occurrence, as none other than Darren Shaw show up. Two of Xardus's masters in one room. It would be funny, if Sadrion didn't want to get involved with the other again. His mind whispering across the distance, he adressed him, but also continued to relay his thoughts to Onyx. 'I am here to fight him, not you Darren. I wish to face him alone.' His only desire was to test his skills, and he had already done so against Darren. Once was enough. However, by the time he ignited hislightsaber, Onyx had already charged at his Chaos Brother. A growl escaped Sadrion's throat and he also charged into the fray.

Onyx didn't see Xardus' attack coming. Quickly he raised one blade to block his strike while continuously striking at Darren. Using some momentum he built up, Onyx pushed both away just slightly. Deactivating one saber he took his hand and smashed it into the ground. The force push would knock them both away from him.

"Stop it!" Onyx shouted. "This fighting is pointless! We are all equally matched. Sure Xardus isn't as experienced as you and I Darren, but he is a fast learner." Onyx hoped the two would listen to his reasoning. "Why fight when the three of us have the same motives?"

@Sadrion @Darren Shaw

A smile broke my lips as Onyx launched himself at me. I followed suit Swinging bot of my blades up in an uppercut, it came to block the downwards attack, and with the quick flury of attack from Onyx, I once again brought my saber up with a wide arc that moved the blue blade off target, and continued to push with the force. Making my only red saber to deflect both of Onyx's attacks. With Sadrion joining in very shortly after, I brought my icy blue blade up to attack when Onyx moved between us. This was the second time that Onyx would do this, and so expecting it, I slammed both of my sabers into the ground as the force wave washed over me.

I moved a few inches, as it could be told from the holes in the ground. With Onyx displaying that kind of power right off the bat, I smiled. he must have been continuing his force powers since we last met. With his words he asked why we fought even when we had the same thoughts. I knew why I was fighting. He threatened my mother, but that was such a long time ago. And mainly I thought he was dead.

"I thought I had killed you back on Kashyyyk, Onyx. And all you did was go into hiding. when you could have come to me and said that you were still breathing." And partly I wanted to know why he didn't send me any cards.

@[member="The Onyx"], @[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion was intent on landing a blow. He raised his saber at Darren, ready to strike, when the one called Onyx stopped the skirmish. He mentioned the three of them having the same goal, which was far from true, and he spoke his host's name. Cringing, he let his anger flare out. 'I am not to be called by that name again. Xardus is an insolent weakling, and I am his commander now.' Satisfied that he got his point across, he let the two catch up. Though he knew them both through Xardus, he had no clue as to what had transpired between them. He figured the best thing to do at this point was to let them work out whatever differences they had. They were both a great deal more powerful than him anyway, and he wouldn't like to be pummeled, or worse, killed, by a team-up.

@[member="Darren Shaw"] @[member="The Onyx"]

Onyx smirked under his mask. Looking at Darren he shook his head. "I could have done that. But the scars you left me with forced my hand...." Onyx reached up to his face. Putting his hood down and taking off his mask he revealed his scared face. His skin was pale. One eye was the distinct yellow it always was while the other was a bright blue- cybernetics. His neck was all wiring and metal. His hair was messy and patches of metal dotted it. Onyx wasn't human anymore.

Shifting his vision to Xardus he spoke, "I sense you are still there Xardus... but I was talking to your outer, newer host."

Moving back to face both of them he put his hood and mask back on. "Listen here... The Empire is the enemy. They are the reason we three are corrupt and broken." Onyx's raspy voice became deeper and darker. He hoped these two old friends would listen to him and his reasoning. "I seek only one thing; their end." Onyx moved and directed towards Darren, "The ones who have hunted you for your life and threatened you," then he turned to Xardus' host, "The reason this 'dark side' exists and why it now eats at your very essence!"

Again he moved back to face them both. "You both know they are the enemy. And we three, with our combined knowledge of the force and adept lightsaber abilities, can defeat them.... but we must work together...." Onyx brought his tone back down a bit. "I have a plan. All we need is to help each other out..."

@[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Darren Shaw"]

With the speech that Onyx had given I smiled under my helm. With him now being almost completely cybernetic. I nodded and spoke only a sentence, "I am with you Brother."

@[member="The Onyx"], @[member="Sadrion"]

Onyx gave a chuckle. "You are not my brother... You will have to earn that privilege back..."

Turning to Xardus he sighed. "You know me as Onyx... what is your name?"

@[member="Darren Shaw"] @[member="Sadrion"]

After brief conversation, Onyx addressed Sadrion, asking what he was called. 'I am Sadrion, the dark force from inside Xardus's soul. When he found his father's killer after so many years, I drove him to kill him. His rage released me. He fights back from time to time, but I embrace his darkness, therefore I am stronger. Darren helped to craft this blade.' He raised up his weapon, igniting it's yellow blade. 'And although you may have a valid point, my battle is not against the Sith. The Jedi wronged Xardus long ago, my fight lies with them.'

Onyx nodded. "You are still a young knight Sadrion. The sith are the reason why the jedi exist... but I won't ponder you."

He started to walk away from him and towards Darren but he stopped. "But know that if you aren't with me you are my enemy. I will not hesitate to kill you the next we meet."

@[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Darren Shaw"]

A feeling of amusement rushed through Sadrion as he heard the words. 'Very well, Onyx. I'm sure we'll meet again. And Darren-' His thoughts cut off for a second, and his eyes briefly flashed to forest green. 'Take care, friend.' Shivering, Sadrion began to exit the tomb to the red planet outside.

@[member="Darren Shaw"] @[member="The Onyx"]

I smiled at Onyx as he said that I needed to earn that title back. I knew that I would. With the things that I have done without Onyx, with him we would be hard pressed to stop. Even as Knights, I remember when we were running and after facing so many. I began to walk after Onyx as Sadrion left. Apparently he did not want to be here. Putting my sabers away I let my armor recede to be from blue runes, to just faint grey lines on the armor. "Time for the end of an Era."

@[member="Sadrion"], @[member="The Onyx"]

Onyx chuckled as Darren said the words. "Before we start...." Onyx turned towards the tomb. "We still have this old tomb..."

Onyx turned and started to walk in. Again memories filled his head. He stopped a few feet in. "The end begins where it all started." The words echoed down through the halls of the tomb. Onyx started walking again. He hoped Darren would join him so the two could relive the day they first met.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom