Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Darkness Begets Night

Dathomir l Nightsister Stronghold

Medical Center

Serrin
Darkness, it was like an all consuming fire that had no end in sight. There are those that say, darkness is merely the absence of light, but they had never seen eternal darkness... they had never seen the one that was darkness incarnate. Her body float freely within the sensory deprivation chamber that healed her broken body-- the many years of malnourished agony and untreated cuts and wounds had taken their toll on the young woman — but that wasn’t what nearly took her life. She had been a tool, an instrument for a being of perpetual darkness, she had served him faithfully — she had given everything and was cast out like a plaything. This was not the will of Typhojem, nor was it the will of the Father of all Darkenss, Bogans. This man that cast her aside saw in Adilya strength, and a depth of vessel that exceeded his own, and like any coward, like any truly weak and desperate individual… she was struck down unaware before she had the chance to discover what potential lie within… but what happened next took even her by surprise, for her sight may have been physically gone, but, she was not blind. Lying there on the precipice between life and death, whispers of a Dark Mother began flooding her being, resonating to her very soul — and those whispers forced her to hang on, which then led her saviors to their new boon.

Beep -- Beep -- Beep -- Beep -- Beep

Several nurses began to make their way over to the tank as it's shell opened with a hiss. Upon fully opening, there lie a fully rejuvenated Adilya... no longer did her body look as frail as it once had. The staff now moved rather quickly, covering her immodest form, beginning to check her vitals... Adi all the while tossing and thrashing as they removed lines and the tubes that helped her breath, coughing and moaning heard as her ears rung violently from the full sensory input she was now receiving, she was trying to grasp where she was and how she’d gotten there. Several members of staff began injecting her body with several vial's and hyposprays to ensure she received the nutrients she'd not received for sometime. As her head moved, her mind reaching out in an attempt to anchor herself here she heard a soft yet firm voice.

"Hi...can you hear me? Your safe, I know you can’t see me, but your safe. Now, I’m afraid I need more than just a grunt, do you have a name? Can you tell us that?"

Annoyance hid just at the edge of her thoughts as Adi grabbed the side of her head, too many things crowding her mind as she tried to quiet them. “A —….” A loud and aggressive cough escaping her throat as vomit followed, her head moving to the side of the bed. The nurse that addressed her prior simply rubbing her back as Adi slowed her breathing, her voice now clawing its way out of her throat.
“A— Adilya.”
Her throat felt like a white hot brand had been shoved down it, her delicate hand making its way up to her neck, the other one finding her eyes as she tried her best to cover them.

“You don’t need to be ashamed of your eyes, but your eye coverings had to be removed while we accessed damage… now, we were able to heal most of the recent damage to your body… but, I won’t lie, you look like you’ve been through some kinda hell girl.” She paused as she wiped Adi’s mouth off and the. pulled the blankets up closer to so she’d be comfortable. “Now that being said, Serrin, our Night Bearer will be in shortly to discuss some things with you. We normally don’t take in outsiders so count yourself lucky.” With that, the orderly departed leaving Adi to her thoughts.

Lucky? Adilya in this moment did not feel lucky. Years of strife, years of devout faithfulness, she clenched her chest with both hands as she bowed her head tears brimming in her scar filled eyes. Why? — the most overpowering question in her mind, and then had she lost favor? Whenever Adi felt lost, uncentered, she knew to seek, pray and meditate. Pushing through her own mental block, she spoke softly and to the dark.
"In Darkness, I find the Path — In my Path, I find Revelation." Whispers now began to fill the room, caressing and comforting the hurting young woman, bringing her strength and new resolve as she continued to speak, her voice becoming more clear in the quiet room. "With Revelation, I Find Purpose - and - In Purpose, I Find Truth.” Her hands gripped the sheets as her teeth clenched, words spewing from her mouth like venom — Anger, no loathing unbridled as her mind reeled on the events past… but still she continued to speak trying to push past the emotions she felt. “The Truth shall guide my Destiny, speak Bogan, for I will follo— … ” She froze as the whispers became clearer. This voice she was not familiar with, but somehow it drew her, and captivated her so much more clearly than the two before, but what was different? That was when revelation over took her - and in this her demeanor was over come with a reverence, chills overtook her. Adilya jostled around in that moment on her medbay, moving now onto her knees, her body relaxing and her hands coming together as if she were praying, but now speaking with a reverence not heard yet. “In my darkness I knew the father, but in my Night I hear the Mother, for in my wanderings i was undone, but you found me and made me whole. Teach me your ways for I am but a vessel, show me your bidding and allow me to carry it out. Help me to know you, and help me to find you always my Dark Mother….”

Last edited:

Serrin

S
Serrin entered the medical station, she wore the markings and horned tiara as she approached this newcomer who was free of the tank. Normally the sisters would have preformed a healing using the powers of the Night, however, subjecting a non-Nightsister or Nightbrother to the Ichor was anathema except in special circumstances. So they relied on the technology of healing, which was familiar to most. Serrin joined the assessment of Adilya Solveig Adilya Solveig to which the sisters informed her of her health status and namesake.

Very good.. ensure that she continues to receive care.

The Night Bearer approached Adi who was chanting, something about a Father and Night Mother. Most curious because she was not a Night Sister she recognized. More than that she felt that cold presence, the Dark Power that was the devotion of The Sith. Serrin drew near, her tiara jiggling as she approached and felt ripples in the invisible pool beneath her boots. She drew closer to the Girl, who looked riven in the flesh as much as she seemed in the spirit. Serrin could feel the pulse as the words came forth from Adi. The Night Sister decided not to interrupt, to allow this prayer, if it was one, to flow.

Serrin waited till she said “..help me to find you always my Dark Mother.” Her words were poetic, and revealed she was a dedicated daughter of the Dark. The Night Bearer had come to fear those who possessed a connection to the Darkness, despite the fact that the Magicks she wielded was considered dark magic. Were they much different? Was it a imaginary line that she placed between Magic and The Force? Serrin had always been unusual, her Sisters had been hardened and dark, while she sunshine. Sometimes she wondered if she had been meant to be a Jedi, her heart being so full of warmth and compassion. But she could not leave her sisters for long, even when she went afar in her adventures. For better or worse, she was a thread in a tapestry of Dathomir, and now a newcomer who coukd be a threat, bit unlike Nightmothers of old who choose to see enemies in every form, she took a different approach, kindness.

The Nicesister came close to Adi,
Welcome to Dathomir. I am Serrin.

She looked at her damaged eyes, and she looked at the scars, and her heart grieved. This One had been through much.

Forgive me, I overheard you speak of a Dark Mother. Is this what you call the flow enveloping us? Or did you mean a Night Mother?

Serrin was able to prob into minds but she respected the sanctity of memory and would not violate that unless absolutely necessary. She preferred to converse than navigate the cobwebs of the mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom