Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark of Heart, Black of Wing - Saega

Qhorin Solas

Q

@[member="Saega 001"]​
_________________________​

______________________________________________​

I pressed 'play' on the recording, then stepped away to the recesses of the interrogation room. A pair of Interrogator's had brought 'Saega' to the Citadel, blindfolded, in a Force-restricting collar and bindings before chaining her to a table and leaving her in my possession. The files had her listed as an 'assassin', and the Interrogator's had treated her as such, fearful beings that they were. I was merely intrigued. I summoned the Force and with a subtle twist, the collar, bindings, and chains snapped apart, falling to the ultrachrome floor.

The hologram recording flared to life, casting a pale cyan glow across the walls.

A mysterious dark haired woman appears, and proceeds to speak.

"It is simple, you are a Force-user. A weapon. Weapons must be either controlled, or eliminated. That is the choice you have. Either become an Inquisitor and swear complete loyalty to Atrisia and the Inquisition, or die." Her gaze narrowed upon you. "This is no game. The choice is simple, if you wish to live, you will be one of us. I want you to understand this, Inquisitors, do not retire. They do not get reassigned. This will be your life till the day you die. Failures are harshly punished. Incur my wrath and I will end you myself. Is that clear?"

She waited again, but only just. "Good. Say good bye to your family, for you will never see them again. Speak of the Inquisition, to anyone, one word uttered and your life is forfeit. Our lives and the lives of our brethren depend on such. Something I will not repeat. Cross that line and your life is mine."

The recording ended, and the hologram faded away. The overhead lights flickered on, brightening the once dark room. I stepped away from the corner of the room to stand before 'Saega'. She was in interesting specimen, to say the least.

"I am Inquisitor Cronos, and I will assist you in acclimating to the Inquisition. Do you have any questions, before we begin?"

Saega 001

Flawed Perfection
Saega remained completely emotionless through the whole ordeal. She had said nothing to her interrogators, despite their attempts to force an answer from her. Her face remained blank as she watched the recording of the woman. And now, as Inquisitor Cronos spoke to her, she shifted her bright lime green eyes in his direction, holding his gaze. She was perfectly calm. She did not open her mouth, but instead spoke through the Force. I understood the risk when I came to this place. I believe giving myself a purpose other than to kill for money is a logical solution to my current work. But I will ask this. Why did you choose to assist me?
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Saega 001"]​
______________________​
She caught my gaze when I stepped over, bright green eyes boring into mine. She was young; I could see it in her eyes, behind the intense green. When she spoke, it was directly into my mind.

I understood the risk when I came to this place. I believe giving myself a purpose other than to kill for money is a logical solution to my current work. But I will ask this. Why did you choose to assist me?
This girl... she reminded me of myself. She was an experiment, born and bred to kill. I too, had been created. I could empathize with her plight, with her journey for purpose...

But I didn't tell her that. It wasn't for her to know... not yet.

Why not choose to assist you? I replied instead, studying her with calm eyes. Training her to be an Inquisitor would be easy. She had great emotional control, and she already knew how to access the Force.

She was already a killer. I needed only to indoctrinate her into the ways of the Inquisition.

Saega 001

Flawed Perfection
Saega tilted her head, her gaze still holding his. Because I am not a worthy student, perhaps? Because I am not perfect in anything, other than taking the life of another without guilt nor pleasure? Those would be adequate reasons why anyone would not want me. With these reasons in mind, however, you chose me nonetheless. So, what I am asking is, why, out of every other initiate in this facility, and ones that weren't treated as prisoners I might add, did you choose me? Her eyes were bright, intense. Her face was unnervingly calm...
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Saega 001"]​
________________________​
Because I am not a worthy student, perhaps? Because I am not perfect in anything, other than taking the life of another without guilt nor pleasure? Those would be adequate reasons why anyone would not want me. With these reasons in mind, however, you chose me nonetheless. So, what I am asking is, why, out of every other initiate in this facility, and ones that weren't treated as prisoners I might add, did you choose me?
My smile, when it came, was suitably grim. She was everything I'd been told she was, but that didn't make it any easier to witness. You think very little of yourself. I circled the table, studying her all the while. That will change, in time. I waved a hand, summoning a chair from the recesses of the room. As it settled beside the table - beside Saega - I lowered myself onto the cold metal. You want to know why I chose you? What does the Force tell you?

Saega 001

Flawed Perfection
Saega studied him for a moment. Her eyes grew distant for a while, staring at him, but then, not staring at him. Finally, she returned. You chose me, because you feel that, in a way, we are alike. We are both different in a way that most others cannot comprehend. You feel that because we share such a difference, you should be the one to help me. Because you believe that you understand.............. Saega blinked, tilting her head in speculation. In a sense, you do. But there are still many things about me that elude you, and that only greater peak your interest. Eventually, you will ask me to share my entire past without pause, and threaten to probe it from my head should I refuse. This, of course, would prove difficult, seeing as how I am skilled at blocking my mind from the Force. You know this. And even now, you are planning ways in which you can infiltrate my mind. Or, in your words, "lower my walls".......
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Saega 001"]​
___________________​

I didn't bother hiding my grin. She was very interesting -- a bit presumptuous -- but interesting all the same. It wouldn't be terribly difficult, taking the information from your head. I leaned forward, studying the angles of her face, the almost aquiline tilt to her nose. Her file said that she was part avian -- I could see it in her facial structure, but only just barely. But I'd rather not. You'll tell me of your volition, when the time comes. I stood up and extended a hand for her to take. You'll tell me everything I want to know. Now come.

I led her out of the interrogation room, down a long, narrow corridor and up into the Citadel proper. We had been in a room in one of the Citadel's many sub-basements: there was a maze of them beneath the complex.

I walked her to the balcony on the second floor, up the spiraling stairs that dominated the center of the Citadel. Outside, the sky was clear, the air was warm, and the wind rose in gentle waves.

If you had to choose between the two, I began, glancing back at Saega, between peace or passion, which would you choose?

Saega 001

Flawed Perfection
When Saega went out to the balcony, she tilted his head slightly to the sky. She closed her eyes, the breeze weaving its way between the feathers of her large black wings. She looked over at Cronos. If I had ever been given a choice in my life, I would have chose passion. It is something that has always fascinated me. The way it affects others is astounding. A strength that is difficult to ignore between two people, and difficult to break. She had never experienced such a feeling before, though she understood its basic concept.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Saega 001"]​
__________________​
They way it affects others... but not yourself? Her past ordeals, I realized, had emotionally crippled her; or maybe she had been made that way? Only time could discern the truth, if she could truly feel or not. I couldn't imagine never knowing the warmth of passion -- for battle, for women, for life. Without passion, without feeling, life was meaningless; meaningless and hollow, a mere shell of what it should be. You asked why I wanted to teach you.... I turned to face her, eyes riveted to the wings at her back. What do you want to learn?

Saega 001

Flawed Perfection
Saega thought for a moment. "My reason for existence," she said simply. That was the only real thing that she wanted to know. Despite everything she had been through and encountered, her existence was the only question that was never answered. Why was she created? What was her reason for being? She didn't expect Cronos to know. But he might have a theory....
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Saega 001"]​
__________________​
I can't tell you your reason for existence. No one can.

I had asked myself that question once. I still asked myself that question, and a year after my 'birth', I wasn't much closer to an answer. I knew why I had been created, but I didn't choose my life -- it was chosen for me. Saega, at least in this instance, had had a choice.

I can't tell you your reason for existence, I said again, but I can help you find it. I walked to the railing at the edge of the balcony, gazing down at the rolling hills descending into the city beyond. The capital was quieter than usual by this time of the day, and I could just hear the faint ringing echo of a loudspeaker intermingled with the myriad of sounds wafting out from the city. Probably more propaganda being spewed over the holonet. You mentioned that you know how to shield your mind from intrusion. I turned to face her. What else can you do?

Saega 001

Flawed Perfection
Saega continued to look at the sky, almost in longing to stretch out her wings and feel the wind beneath them. "I can speak to you through my thoughts. I can push and pull things. I can use the Force to calm myself, and others. I can use the force to power my battle tactics. That is the extent of my knowledge thusfar."
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
@[member="Saega 001"]​
________________​
Good. Show me.

Whoever had trained her to kill had been thorough. It wasn't often that Force-adepts joined the Inquisition with such a breadth of knowledge; such an event was even rarer than willing initiates. There was still more she could learn -- there would always be more to learn -- but to be an Inquisitor, she already knew much of what she needed to know.

And tell me... what do you feel when you fly? I hadn't come out here to enjoy the breeze. I'd have been a fool not to notice the great black wings arching from her shoulder blades. Men walk the earth, I thought to myself, fish swim the seas, and birds soar the skies. I wondered what it would be like to fly, to ride the thermals, completely and utterly free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom