Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

991b3acd0c1839e47ced3f12850d8982.jpg

The Plains
Bastion, Sartinaynian system

The landscape looked like it had been parted by the Force itself.

Two giant were bent either side of the quiet late which ran straight through large stone banks on either side. From high up in small cliff-faces, natural water cascaded down to the ground and over a small waterfall into the lake that headed through the planet.

Night-time was drawing in and a gentle breeze tickled the tops of the trees here and there.

Connor sat on the bank, alone, reflecting. Something he hadn’t done for weeks now since returning to the galaxy a changed man. He’d travelled here and there, heard opinions and thoughts of former allies and enemies and now found his skills aligned with the Sith.

They called themselves an Empire, and for a time they would be, but time would tell if they could survive long enough to be seen as a true Empire. The darkness inside Connor had been born to serve the Dark Side of the Force. Currently, that was shared with the Sith Empire. If, or when, they fell, he would continue to serve.

But he still had to form a foundation to thrive on. Investigating a place for the Shadows to train was underway with [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and her resources, and bringing in fresh blood to serve the Sith was also taking off. But there were many personal matters still to attend to.

Who WERE his allies? What WAS his identity? Where DID he see himself among these faces? When WOULD he achieve his goal? There was no longing for a life once lived, not at all, because he could not remember the journey that had led him to the operating tables of [member="Matsu Xiangu"] and her ‘artists’ that stitched him back together and allowed the seed to blossom. He really should actually try and see his...creator...again.

He looked at his black cybernetic arm. The second one lost part of their humanity to be replaced by a machine, they ceased to be human at all. How long would it be before he was more machine than man?

Instead, he just had to find a way forward and take what he wanted for himself. Lots of faces, visions and thoughts of the past popped in his head now and then. Yet it was nothing that really made sense to this new dark entity. Tilting his head, he scratched under his chin and sighed gently. It was a peaceful night on Bastion that was for sure.

[member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

Connor Harrison had joined the Empire Kaalia supported.

The news wasn't shocking, but it was yet another example of why the galaxy was so much smaller than it seemed. Chance encounters had almost become the norm when it came to so many people she knew that she almost started believing none of it was coincidence anymore. How she had met and connected with her beloved [member='Ishana Pavanos'], how she had kept running into [member='Aria Vale'] and became sisters in arms with the Valkyries, her encounters with [member='Dax Fyre'], it was a long list of names. This encounter was very much intended, the woman had sought him out specifically, but the fact he was on Bastion was coincidence enough.

The day Kaalia met Connor had become a slightly hazy memory. It was back during the time she worked for the First Order government and lived in Avalonia, Dosuun, but the details of their meeting were blurred. It was in a park, Connor was jogging, and they discussed the ball that had taken place the night before. Beyond that she simply couldn't seem to remember. That mattered little however. Kaalia's only ties with the First Order she had left since quitting her job there was through Ishana, but visiting their territory was something she had not done in a long time. She had no wish to do so, either.

Their last encounter was in that same park, days before the redhead had quit her job. She grinned at the fact they had never figured out her Sith identity while she had worked there. She well and truly lived a double life, but when the Sith Empire had formed she saw no reason to keep that going. Now she had no reason to hide her power any longer and not long after that change she had found herself amongst the other Lords and Ladies of the Ascendant Circle. Now she was Darth Avacyn, Lady of Defiance.

Her outfit consisted of a jacket manufactured by Kova Apparel, the company she and the other Valkyries had created, dark blue jeans and a pair of black boots. The jacket had quickly become one of her clothing items of choice, even if she rarely wore it for the fact it was blasterproof.

Through the Force the Sith Lady navigated the plains, her destination the man that she once again would meet. It did not take long for her to find him sitting on a stone bank. There was no doubt in her mind he had sensed her approach, but that did not matter. Her approach was calm, not a single hint of surprise present. She knew he was here, otherwise she had not visited this place at this hour. "And so we meet again, mister Harrison."

[member="Connor Harrison"]

At the sound of her voice, Connor turned and looked up the see the redhead walking across the boulders nonchalantly. He offered her a smile. With the man finding it hard to adjust to a galaxy at putrid as this early on, he was starting to understand. To feel normal. To feel semi-human.

"Kaalia Voldaren. I would say this is a great coincidence, but I don’t believe in them. However, it’s a long way from Dosuun!"

She looked and felt different. Nothing surprising, not at all, but it was something he could note from last time they had a tepid introduction. Now she dressed a little more self-assured, didn’t seem to conflicted or…split.

He turned over and pushed up with his leg to stand, brushing down some grit from his torn cowl.

"I hear echoes that congratulations are in order, Lord Voldaren." He lowered his head a little. "By staying your course, by knowing where your heart lies, you’ve eclipsed everything he wanted to be himself. And look at you. Standing where you belong. I am pleased for you."

He held his hands together in front of him, resting on his torso.

"I’m glad you made the right choice after all. The Ren could never contain you and nor should they have. How are you faring within the Empire?"

The smile was surprising, but that did not change Kaalia's reaction. She returned the smile and nodded, looking Connor over. Things were clearer in his mind. There still were questions to be answered, fog to be cleared, but he was slowly putting the pieces to his personal puzzle together. It seemed he had found the place he was looking for and it turned out to be the same place the woman had ended up in. A blooming empire brought together by a common goal. "That it is," she answered as she came to a halt a few meters from the bank where he was getting up. "I like this side of the galaxy a lot more, though. I don't think I need to explain why."

The redhead offered her hand to shake, a gesture only reserved for her allies. "But that's in the past now. It seems you have found your way towards the Sith yourself. That's good to see." Standing there silently for a moment, she looked him over again, intently this time around. "You have changed, much like you said you have. I must be honest, I was not entirely sure before, but it seems that doubt was misplaced." Another smile was sent the Sith Knight's way. It was one of the few times she was glad to be proven wrong. "You truly have shed yourself of your weakness." Where the title of 'former Jedi Master' used to be accurate, it was not any longer.

At the mentioning of 'Lord Voldaren' Kaalia looked even more confident. It was a title she had seized herself, something she had achieved on nothing but her own strength. There was no doubt in her mind that she had earned it, that she had earned her place among the Circle. "Those echoes were not mistaken. Thank you." Her growth had been noticed by so many around her, but she constantly told herself to not stagnate. Her journey was still far from over. There was always more to learn, to see.

"In my business with the Sith I carry the name Darth Avacyn. Kaalia Voldaren is for more... personal matters," the woman then explained. "So, if you are intent on continuing to refer to me with my title, perhaps Lady Avacyn would be more fitting." It was a simple separation between two lives, ones she did not look to intermingle too much. "I definitely see nothing wrong with just Kaalia, though. When not directly dealing with Sith business, of course."

When Connor mentioned the term Ren however, Kaalia pulled a confused face. "I am among the Ascendant Circle, like the other Lords and Ladies of the empire. So I would say I am faring quite well. I am afraid I do not entirely understand what you mean with 'the Ren', much less them containing me or holding me down however. Am I missing something?"

Her hand offered first was welcoming. It had been always he forcing the greeting, and often received with an uncertain glance or mistrusting eye. As it was offered, he took her palm in his and shook once.

"You have worked hard. You have earned the title. Lady Avacyn it is. Avacyn?" He cast her a curious turn of the head, releasing her hand. "What, or where, does the name Avacyn stem from may I ask? I am seeking my identity even now. Millennia of former Lords and Ladies, meanings and myth that people take inspiration from yet I can't quite find my calling. It's the last few pieces of the puzzle to fit for me at least."

But something else struck him. Not just the open warmth from her and the fact she seemed to welcome him around her, but the last part.

Her reference of the Ren. The last time they spoke, Connor and Kaalia had that shaky common ground, and she knew very well what he meant by the terms used. Now, she didn't. There was a little glint of confusion in her eye and an innocent air of wonder. Just what HAD they done to make this girl the lady she had now become?

"Forgive me, Lady Avacyn. It is nothing to be concerned about."

Connor turned and looked towards the waterfall. How interesting.

"There was just a time when I knew you in the First Order. Their cult had a grip over you at one time. Filled your head. Tried to enslave you. But it was a long time ago and certainly not something you need worry about now. Come." He guestered along the bank. "Tell me what peace you have found at last."

Perhaps there was more to Kaalia's time with the First Order than she remembered, if Connor was right. It did not concern her much however, even if she was pulled into a cult at one point. It was in the past now. "Worry about it I will not. The past is the past, the present and the future are still unfolding. The past can only be learned from." She would tell him what peace she had found, but not after telling the story behind her chosen name.

The name Avacyn indeed had a story behind it. It was something not even [member='Krest'] had asked about, but it did not bother her much. If one asked however, she would gladly tell the story. Where it came from, what it meant, everything. "Often times have I dug through book after book in libraries all over the galaxy looking for anything about the planet on which I was born and my parents likely still live, but I did not grow up on." She walked over to the stone bank and went to sit down, looking out in front of her. "I am of Kro Varian heritage. The planet is under control of the Galactic Alliance and as such visiting it is not the easiest thing to do, especially considering my previous ties to the First Order. It is why I take heavily to my Shaping abilities, as a way to remind myself of where I came from. A place I was never able to explore."

Leaning forward, the woman picked up a loose pebble and played with it in her hand. "One of the things I found was an ancient myth about a guardian angel named Avacyn. She was created by the Force itself, a creature of the Light, tasked with the protection of the innocent from the dangers of Kro Var." It was comparable to how Kaalia was raised as a child, travelling with a Jedi Master from planet to planet. "Although Avacyn was able to protect those people at first, it started impacting everything around her. The ones she protected became meek, complacent. They relied on her to protect them. Yet the dangers grew stronger. They looked to destroy the guardian angel and if she did not do anything they would succeed. They planted doubt into Avacyn's mind, was the Light truly powerful enough to ward off the Darkness?" For a moment she looked over to the waterfall. "She contemplated, she thought, struggled to find what was needed to do what she was created for. The dangers started getting the better of her as they grew too powerful to contain. That was when Avacyn found the answer. In order to protect them, they needed to be able to protect themselves. No longer would she intervene, instead she would let them learn the lessons they should have learned the moment she was created. Villages burned, people died, but they became strong. Eventually they destroyed the dangers themselves." The Sith Lady threw the pebble, which landed in the water in front of her. "The Light kept the people weak, kept Avacyn weak. By embracing the truth of the Dark side they shed themselves of that weakness. Avacyn was freed of the tyranny of the Light and brought glory to the people of Kro Var. Through the Dark side they discovered elemental shaping, the Force abilities they practice to this day."

Looking over to Connor, she continued talking. "In a way I have walked a similar path as Avacyn's. I found peace through realizing what had to be done and doing so without looking back or backing away from it. I could no longer stay where I was, I had to embrace the fact I am Sith fully. So I did."

Connor stayed still as Kaalia talked. He was interested in myth and lore, and the history that shaped the galaxy and how it rippled across the years to shape people today. This was no different, and a wonderful little bedtime story indeed.

It was near perfect - a beginning, middle and end. A myth from her home world taken into reality by one wanting to do just as much impact for her people as the angel did. His eyes flicked to the pebble as it 'slooshed' into the dark water.

"Hm."

He gave a satisfied nod.

"I like it. Thank you for sharing. I shall take it with my and find my identity, because it's doing nothing but holding me back. When people talk about Connor Harrison they talk about a Jedi who walked a dangerous path, but who was flawed. Who made choices to suit the greater good at the expense of his own selfless wants. I can't be in the shadow of that man. My homeworld is the planet Maena, but I know nothing of it. Never mind, it will come in time."

Now he took a few steps forward, arms folded and watching his stepping.

"The First Order will be my next stop. There are a few people I need to see in order to wipe the slate clean from his past. I am glad you have moved away from their grasp because I see nothing but a slow end to their pursuit of the real Force. They serve a blind leader and have made it very clear their Ren are not true believers. They are young, desperate followers. Force knows why he felt a place there."

Connor shrugged.

"Anyway. Tell me, Lady Avacyn, how is your service to the Sith going? I told you I would be an ally, and now I feel that will come of something rather soon. In the scheme of things, you out-rank me. Can't deny that now can I."

A little smile formed. Connor of old would be envious and jealous. Connor of new was nothing but accepting.

Kaalia nodded thoughtfully as she walked alongside Connor, hoping her story behind the name she carried would help in at least some way. They were allies after all, and powerful allies were much more desirable. "Remember that it is only a story. I found what I was looking for by looking back, to explore my roots that were unknown for the majority of my life. Different people find it in different ways, however. Maybe finding closure will help you, it is indeed likely, but do make sure to keep looking forward as well. Don't let the past get in the way." She hoped he would indeed find his way to power, whatever that way was. He was an ally after all, and a powerful ally was much more useful.

Whatever business Connor had with the Ren, it was not the redhead's business. If he wanted to return to First Order space to tie up loose ends then that was his right. The fact he seemed to have been with them was surprising, however. "So you were a part of those Ren yourself, then?" Kaalia shook her head to purge the question from her mind immediately afterwards, however. It was of no consequence now. "We both stand as Sith now. Whoever they are it does not matter, whether they truly are misguided and doomed to fall as you allude to or not. The Sith are the heirs to the Dark side, not them." Perhaps in the future she would encounter one of their numbers, but until then she let the matter rest. It was no priority.

"That is indeed true," Kaalia replied to Connor's remark about outranking him, letting out a slight chuckle. "Although I am certain that if you keep your eyes in your growth and not let your past stand in front of you there will be nothing that stops you from becoming my equal, no matter how long it takes." The question he had asked though was worded in a way that was slightly curious to her. The Sith had banded together with a singular goal as a brotherhood, the group she herself had joined, to eclipse the Light once more. Fusing with the Sith Ascendancy had created the Empire, but the Lords and Ladies still worked together as equals. There was a Dark Lord, but only to streamline their efforts. Despite this she did not comment on his choice of words. "I have banded together with other Sith to breathe new life into an ancient Sith order called the Valkyries. They seek out the worthy on the battlefield and allow them to see the truth of the Dark side and cut down the rest with no mercy." She had founded the group together with [member='Aria Vale'] and [member='Darth Imperia'], the ones she had brought to the ancient Valkyrie temple on Selvaris. "But yes, I think you are right. We will see how soon our alliance comes into play exactly."

”Forward is the only way for me. Be it a journey at breakneck speed or one as slow as a Bantha, there is no turning back. There is nothing to accomplish by going backwards. There are faces and emotions pertaining to a past life, but as you know, what is the point of opening up cracks to be exploited? They are not here in the present, so they must have meant nothing in the past. And that is where they will stay."

He ambled along beside Kaalia across the slightly damp bank of boulders and large rock, spray from the late settling on their feet occasionally.

”And, you say it was a story, of your name, but it was important to you. And yes, the Ren were a group Connor sided with for a while when he had nothing except the eye of a Knight called Ara Ren. Again, a weakness exposed and a crack left open to widen with bitter emotion and feelings. While the First Order are strong allies and command a powerful dark force, the Ren are a weakness they should cut." He was talking about the unstable acts of many in their ranks, and how blind devotion to a leader would pull them apart. ”But, as you say, they are not my concern and they at least know the purest side of the Force to stand beside, regardless how they act. They keep our enemies on their toes and out of our hair for now. That is enough."

He inhaled gently for a few seconds, taking in the fresh evening air.

”Hmm. Valkyries, eh?" In relation to her closing comment. ”The fabled beings who choose who may live or die in battle, and bring those slain to become single warriors ruled by their Gods. You bring them to serve the Dark Side and become a warrior." A little laugh followed. ”I do hope you ride atop a herd of Reek into battle. That would be a sight."

It seemed both were involved with what Connor called the Ren at one point or another and his opinions on them were strong. It was never smart to take things from a single person, but remember it Kaalia would. Perhaps she would be able to fit in more puzzle pieces about them in the future. "There is always potential in a collective of those powerful in the Force. If they enslave them to a person's will like they tried with me according to you, it could easily be they are willing to die for that cause. They would do anything and those kind of people are dangerous. That combined with the fact they embrace the Dark side means in time they could become a force to be reckoned with." This was all speculation of course. She had never seen them in person. Or perhaps...

"I may have recently met with one of their numbers. I cannot say for absolute certain, but it would make sense." Perhaps Connor knew this person, but even if he didn't he could perhaps shed light on what had transpired. "There was a man who had tracked me down on Mygeeto. Well, if you could still call him a man. He was half-machine." Flashes of their duel went through her mind, recalling what had happened. "To him, I was a heretic and a traitor. Perhaps he simply sees all Sith as heretics, a misguided belief, but I do not remember anything about a betrayal. Still, you said the Ren had a grip over me. Although I do not remember anything of the sort, it could be connected." It left many more questions, but no way of answering them. Part of her memories seemed to be missing somehow and that confused her. It was the past however, it would not affect her future. She simply wouldn't let it. "Perhaps in time I will connect the dots. I will let it rest for now."

The mental image of the Valkyries riding Reek into battle solicited a chuckle from the woman, joining Connor's laugh. "That would be a sight indeed. We will keep our feet on the ground for now, though. Unless I ride Jund into battle instead." Jund was a gift given to her when she joined the circle of Lords and Ladies, but not before she dominated the creature's mind herself. It had doubled as a test, the fact she walked next to Connor at that moment proof she had passed it. "Jund is my dearest Sithspawn mount. Perhaps your wish will be granted after all."

”A Sithspawn mount?" Connor stopped and looked up into the night sky, picturing just such a thing with a satisfied nod. ”That will certainly help with a dramatic entrance."

The light over his face faded at the amusing thought as he went back to Kaalia’s views, thoughts and encounters with the Ren. Hearing the view of another on their religion was interesting, because it confirmed all that Connor imagined them to be. Only by meeting another one of their own would the picture be clear.

”I think I know who you mean. And he deserves to die."

He walked beside her, the water trickling beside the bank.

”It’s always nice to muse this with another who sees clearly. Do they think the Ren stems from the Dark Side? They are nothing but children who have anger issues who want to use the Dark Side of the Force as a tool to get revenge on those who wronged them. Easily led, easily twisted. And he called you a heretic?"

An amused smirk crossed his face.

”The Dark Side is a religion now, is it? The fool. I don’t need to tell you what the Force is. It’s embarrassing that is their mind-set. And a traitor? Traitor to what? The next Supreme Leader who follows the current? Simply passing the baton to the next. Even the Dark Lord himself falls into that category, but at least his foundations are that of ones laid millennia before us, by the ones who moulded the Sith and the Dark Side to repel the Light."

A frustrated sigh escaped his lips and he looked over at the red-head.

”Forgive me. Hearing these sort of things infuriate me. Gives me more reason to go back to their capital world and put the past to bed when Connor fought alongside them. It’s something I will not be associated with. The First Order? I see their potential as servants of the greater Sith; foot-soldiers and enforcers and political powers. The Ren?" A sharp shake of the head. ”No."

Kaalia shrugged in something that wasn't quite indifference, but a concession that she did not care enough to give the Ren what he deserved. "What he deserves doesn't really matter. He crosses the Sith again, he will pay with his blood. Until then it's a waste of time even thinking about him." There were more important things that occupied her mind.

Listening to Connor caused Kaalia to smirk alongside him. He spoke with passion as he voiced his displeasure, clearly of the opinion that the Sith were superior. "No need to apologize." The Kro Varian agreed with him, she carried the title for a reason, but who she was and what she stood for went above everything. The Sith way aligned with those views, but if they ever drifted apart she knew what to keep and what to cut off. "At the very least the one I encountered was a capable warrior, and beliefs don't matter much when you get skewered by a lightsaber. What they think doesn't affect me though, so they can call me a traitor or heretic all they want if it brings them any sense of satisfaction."

If there was one thing Kaalia felt when it came to the Ren, it wasn't hate. Direct attempts at her life had been met by her fury, but those emotions were for battle. Outside of it, she felt differently. It seemed the only thing they lived for was to serve, something she wouldn't ever want herself. To her such a life felt like no life at all, the concept of free choice completely stripped from them for a goal that seemed unattainable to the redhead. No nation lasted forever, but perhaps they believed the First Order would indeed do so. The galaxy simply didn't work that way. History has shown time and again that no nation lasted, that peace and order could never be attained forever. These were lessons she had taken to heart. "I doubt the First Order would ever serve the Sith, they would rather die. It seems everyone who lives in the territory is enthralled by their leader and have unwavering loyalty towards him. To the Empire they could be useful allies however, but I don't think I should be the one spearheading those talks would they ever happen." A slight chuckle followed. "And with the Dark Lord evicted from his home of Panatha things are probably a bit complicated at the moment." The woman had made a habit of staying out of anything political, preferring to keep her voice merely for advice whenever necessary.

"I doubt they will stop their attempts at assassinating me anytime soon, considering I likely betrayed them in some way despite not remembering. Perhaps those encounters will put more pieces of the puzzle in place." Another shrug. "But enough about that. What have you been up to since the last time we met? What caused you to join forces with the Sith Empire?"

Connor nodded at everything she said, and when they came to the end of the bank, opening up into the larger lagoon where the waterfall cascaded down, he took a moment, looked around and then sat down, propping his feet on a boulder below rising from the water.

”You talk sense, Lady Avacyn. Don’t lose sight of that."

He placed his hands on bended knee and looked up at the waterfall, it’s noise powerful but it’s serenity peaceful at the same time.

”Since Maena, I’ve taken to finding all those I can attached to the memories of Harrison and the Jedi. Places and faces, I guess. Just to understand what sort of person he was, what legacy he made and then lost, where he went wrong, but where he went right. I’ve seen both sides of the Force through his eyes and I’m on my way to seeing just the right side. The Dark Side, the side of passion, strength and victory."

He began gently tapping his fingers, cybernetic and human digits moving in time.

”The Sith Empire came to be through names passed down to me from the Sorceress who gave me my second chance. A lifeline almost, but one that is proving more difficult to grasp. I know why, of course, and it’s why I am doing what I am doing. Who would want to welcome a former Silver Jedi who aligned himself as a Knight of Ren to then fall even more from grace to arrive at their door?"

Run-ins charted by Connor with the former Sith Ascendancy had led to hostile conversations and clashes with the likes of the one known as Tirdarius. It had been a hard road to walk and broken the spirt of Connor more and more. So, here he was again at the bottom of the dark ladder. He knew the ones who loathed him and had no time for his return, and he in turn had no time for them on this voyage of discovery.

”The Sith transcends any current Dark Lord, evicted from a home or not. It transcends any figure with a title and with power. It is a group serving the Dark Side. Will my time with the Empire flourish? I do not know. His legacy has made it difficult to say. Hence why I am doing what I am doing. Understanding. Exploring. Questioning. After this I will return to First Order space and wipe the slate clean, as I know Connor Harrison is a wanted man, and I refuse to be linked to his crimes. Faces who knew us both I’m sure will have choice words."

Noting he hadn’t looked away from the waterfall, he blinked back to reality and turned for Kaalia.

”It’s a hard path making a new identity in the shadow of such a complex one, but I will get there. In time. And it will be worth it."

After admiring the waterfall for a second Kaalia sat down next to Connor in a meditative position. Such was her habit when not sitting down in chairs, something she had picked up early in her life. It came naturally to her and was done without thinking, taught to her by her Jedi master from a previous life. Most would shed absolutely everything they learned from those times and discard it, but the fact some habits had stuck did no bother the woman in the slightest. She was still herself, the small mannerisms and habits did not dictate her connection to the Force in any way. Some claim to become a different person after embracing the Darkness, but if you asked her she merely became more herself.

Connors explanation of what he had been been up to solicited an affirming nod. "Those who wish to become truly strong in the Dark side must know what the Light is. Not to follow it, but to truly know its flaws. What I have learned as a Jedi many years ago has been more valuable than a good amount of lessons I have learned from the Sith purely because I know not only my enemy, but also how to not fall into the pitfalls followers of the Light tumble into." Learning the lessons of where the Jedi Connor Harrison went wrong was invaluable and a wise thing to do. "Despite what people think of you due to your past, you are turning that same thing into a strength. Very good." This new Connor showed much promise and the woman hoped it would stay this way. "Not many people here know how the Jedi teachings can suck one in. Know that I will never hold that past against you. Or anyone who walked the Jedi path in the past."

It was clear the man was still figuring out his exact place in the galaxy, but he was well on his way. "I wonder what they will have to say about me. Not enough to be tempted to go back though. I wish you luck for when you go."

Whomever this girl was before, she certainly wasn't that person now. She had....grown up? Connor looked to her, nodded slowly, and then looked back to the waterfall, the pair sat in their positions atop the large smooth boulders.

”Your words are very much appreciated. Thank you, Lady Avacyn. Rest assured, if your name comes up, I will speak nothing of your past to them. This is not your issue, but I certainly will tell you how they react."

He scratched his chin.

”Everyone learns lessons, it's a non-stop process, but as you say, living the lie and feeling the pressure of the Light is the only way to elevate us above those who say they understand. They don't. They never will unless they have lived, breathed and suffered at their hands. It certainly has made an impact on the future, that's for certain."

The water babbled before them, and he inhaled slowly.

”Where next for you. What aspirations do you have next in your sight?"

To Kaalia it was good to see that Connor offered to keep things that concerned her to himself, a thoughtful notion. There were clear differences in their interactions between the last time they met and now, where their conversation was teetering on the edge between alliance and hostility before there was mutual respect now. It was still odd to hear anyone call her lady, especially someone like Connor, but it simply was something she had to get used to it. The woman was still growing into her new position but time was all she needed. "I do not worry about my past even with the knowledge you have given me. It is likely they know everything already, so if they bring me up my past is an open book."

At the question of what her aspirations were the redhead turned her head towards the waterfall, watching it somewhat mindlessly. "What I aspire to has always been two things. Freedom and happiness. Now that I have found those things I look to make sure it cannot be ripped away from me. It is what drives me." She had found freedom with the Sith over time, her claim to the title of Sith Lady being a monumental step. There was never time to rest on one's laurels however and she would always keep moving forward, as it was at the core of the ideology she followed. Stagnation was death. Happiness however was found not within the Force, let alone the Sith. To her happiness was synonymous to Ishana and she would put her life on the line for her at a moment's notice. Perhaps her significant other was indeed a weakness as many claimed any bond to others to be, but that was a message that rung hollow to the Kro Varian. Ishana made her life complete and she would let nobody take that away from her. "That is why I aspire to destroy those who oppose the Sith. But simply burning their temple grounds to ashes and slaughtering them is only temporary. A crude method that brings no real results." Kaalia's head tilted upwards to the sky. "But turning them to your cause, that is far from temporary. Those who are weak should not survive, but when you convert the strong not only do you bolster your own numbers but also demoralize the enemy. I want the Valkyries to become the force that wipes out the Light for as long as I live."

Connor slowly sighed and looked up into the twinkling stars starting to come out from the night sky.

”Freedom and happiness." There was a little frown forming. ”I remember those things, and to be honest, at one point, he had them all. He had them in the palm of his hand and then lost it because of his foolishness. A foolishness to be something he wasn't ready to be."

He shook his head and clenched his fist a few times to let go of the frustration swirling inside his gut. There was still time to get it back.

”Your idea is sound, and realistic. What sort of Sith think they can purge the galaxy of Jedi in their lifetime? Those who do need to look in the mirror and question what they are out for. Take them apart, piece by piece, slowly. That is the key in leaving a lasting mark that will ripple for generations. The actions you make today in breaking down Jedi will last for decades and shape the future."

The trip to Lok was on the cards if he survived the trip to Dosuun first. Extreme measures, but ones that had to be taken to finally become the man he wanted to be. And that meant, that just maybe, the faces he saw now would be gone in weeks from his mind. Kaalia Voldaren - Avacyn - was a face who had been witih Connor since his early days in the shadow of darkness and the First Order. It would be a shame to lose the connection. With that, he turned to her.

”If I don't return, it is of little solace I know and not something you need to hear, but I am proud of you for taking the journey you have and coming through the right way. I thank you for your support and the chances to talk when I needed them. I only hope one day we will unite again and take to the battlefield side by side, when this dark entity is finally released."

"Yet, you still breathe. You had those things once, and if you truly desire to regain them, you know how to seize them. And when you do, you will when you are ready. Otherwise you simply will not get it." There was a small pause. "Perhaps he believed he had it all but if he let it slip through his fingers so easily, perhaps he never truly had it."

A smile formed at Connor's words on defeating the Jedi, as if Kaalia had been gauging his answer. There was a simple way of knowing a Sith's intelligence. The question of how a collective of enemies should be taken down could be answered in different ways, and it spoke volumes about the person who answered it. "Brute force is a blunt tool. Sometimes such a thing is necessary, but the scalpel is far superior, yet sadly undervalued option in this ever-present battle. Sticks and stone may break their bones, but they will recover. Cut out their vitals, and the body will simply cease to function."

The redhead's tone suddently shifted a bit. "I should get going, someone's waiting for me." She had gazed up in much a similar way as Connor, realizing she was leaving Ishana waiting back home. Wherever home was at the time, anyway. The Blue Star was pretty much their place of residence whenever the brunette wasn't on duty, and with the fact it was an old One Sith TIE Fighter came another one in that it never was stuck in one place. Multiple trips with public transport under multiple aliases, to make absolutely sure she kept her two lives separated, would bring her to the planet her significant other was currently at. Even if anyone knew about the fact there was someone in her life, she would make sure they would never know the details.

The woman got up after sending a nod Connor's way, dusting off the parts of her jeans that she had sat on. "I do not doubt we will see each other again. Whether it is as allies of the Empire or another way. Until then I will bid you farewell, Connor Harrison." She started walking away, but paused after a few steps and turned around one more time. "I never thanked you. For what you did on the day we met." It was an important lesson she had learned, one that allowed her to be where she was now. "You knew the truth even back then, even if you weren't able to follow it yourself. But you showed me it nontheless. Without that lesson it was likely I would have still been chained to the Light, or more likely dead. I won't forget that." With that Kaalia started moving once more, saying two more words before disappearing into the forest.

"Thank you."

[member="Raijin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom