Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dark Favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To submit one of Laertia's ranged weapons

sawed_off_shotgun_by_zergisdead-dc5a027.png

Image Source: https://www.deviantart.com/zergisdead/art/Sawed-Off-Shotgun-734458831

Canon Link: N/A

Primary Source: None

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Unknown

Affiliation: Laertia Io

Model: None

Modularity: Yes. (ammo)

Production: Unique

Material: Chemically treated Durasteel, Wood.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Sawn off shotgun

Size: Small

Weight: Average

Ammunition Type: Shotshells, slug shotshells, incendiary shotshells, acid shotshells, cryo shotshells. Electric shotshells.

Ammunition Capacity: Very Low (Two.)

Reload Speed: Fast

Effective Range: Personal

Rate of Fire: Very Low

Stopping Power: Very High

Recoil: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES

Sawn off shotgun for use at close ranges.

Can take many types of ammunition

Concealable.

Cannot be held by Dark Adepts.

Enables user to better sense Dark Beings, even if concealing their presence

When used in conjunction with Force Light, increases damage of shotgun against Dark Beings

Strengths:

Holy: The shotgun has been immersed in a Force Nexus of light. In addition to its fantastic damage against normal organics, it cannot be held by dark siders. It will even help the user sense dark beings slightly above nothing at all if said dark beings are concealing themselves in the Force, though said dark beings will still be very difficult to sense, and may be impossible to sense if they are masters of Force Stealth or are using False Aura. However, to an ordinary non force sensitive it will be nothing more than a sawn off shotgun. Lastly, if used in conjunction with Force Light, can influence the rounds to do more damage to dark sided characters. However, even if the wielder is Force sensitive, the wielder must know Force Light to actually be able to use that feature. Only functions with standard or slug ammo though.

Besides, the sheer power of it just being a sawed off shotgun means it can potentially knock down even heavily armored enemies

Multi-ammo: Able to take acid, incendiary, cryo, electric, and slug shotshells.

Concealable: Can be concealed in large jackets with proper sizes pockets.

Both barrels: Flicking a small switch means both barrels can be fired at once

Fast reload: Loads and unloads easily.

Weaknesses:

Short range: Half that of a blaster pistol

Limited ammo: Only two shells at a time

Slow fire rate: Only two shots every few seconds.

Void vulnerable: In a Force void, its damage drops to that of an ordinary lupara. That said, its a lupara still, which means you should never want to be on the business end to start with...

Decisions, decisions...:The ammo for shotguns is large, meaning one must be strategic about how much ammo for it they can carry and what kind.

Morality: If Laertia turns to the dark, she'll never be able to hold the shotgun again.

Not invincible: It is not a product of alkahest, simply blessed with a light side aura. It can be destroyed easily with the right weapons

High recoil: Due to her immense physical strength, she can keep the weapon on target one handed, absorbing the recoil better than others could and easily hit whatever she aims at in its limited range. That said, it still takes her immense strength to fire such a weapon and keep it on target, so she won't use it casually. In the hands of anyone else, it's recoil would require both hands.

DESCRIPTION

And while the Wicked of The Gulag Plague

Frolicked 'cross the stars unrestrained

And made unholy writs and baubles from the flesh and bones of the virgins and the virtuous

And the voices of the Innocent cried out for the punishment of their tormentors

So did Holy Ashla fashion for its champions The Dark Favor

And the champions of the Innocent pitted The Dark Favor against the Wicked, and their lamentation against the holy shotgun was immense

For Dark Favor loved only the screams of the Wicked as balance was brought, and Champion after Champion unleashed Dark Favor's wrath

And the blood of the Wicked flowed across a hundred ravaged worlds as Dark Favor passed through them, chewing into their flesh with blessed buckshot and the hands of the virtuous who held it to its holy purpose.

And it is said to pass through the hands of the virtuous still...

--Translated from two clay tablets written in Mandalorian Commando Verse

Dark Favor is a holy shotgun, plunged into a sacred lake long ago and left to be altered by the light, though in the end it is only a sawn off shotgun, it has passed through countless hands, and has been the end of countless dark beings long before Laertia found it in a pawn shop on Nar Shaddaa as a young teen, and it has been her side arm of choice ever since, taking it into battle her entire time as a Jedi and afterward. There are few weapons beyond her lightsaber that she knows as well as this one.

[member="Laertia Io"],

I have been reading over this, talking with a few of my other associates, and mulling this over for a bit. With the new changes that recently came to the factory, just about everything can be easily approved, unless it goes against rules, or goes against the idea of Star Wars.

Sadly, I will need you to edit some stuff on this to pass through.

Laertia Io said:
Image Source: https://www.pinteres...89882255452446/
Pintrest is not considered a suitable source for images. If you could provide another, that would be great.

Laertia Io said:
All ammunition loaded does more damage to dark-aligned creatures and beings. Cannot be held by Dark Adepts.
You are free to have the ability for Dark sided individuals to not be able to hold this weapon. However, I will need the wording of the first ability to be different. Currently as it stands, This shotgun is giving you a force ability, without any downside to you using the force. It does not drain your abilities, it does massive damage to just about any remotely Dark sided character, and its as easy as pulling a trigger. So here is what I would like you to at the very least, do.

Reword this ability to be something along the lines of "When fired, and the wielder uses Force Light in conjunction, can influence the rounds fired to do more damage to Dark sided characters." In essence, instead of outright giving you the ability with no real downside, you will still have the desired effect, but require the Force user to have 1) Knowledge of Force Light, and its applications, and 2) Require the user to actively use the force power itself in conjunction with the shotgun.

Secondary too this, I would like you to add the weakness that comes from this that is somewhere along the lines of "The shotgun does not replace the usage of force light, it only allows the wielder to use the shotgun as a conduit of the power when appropriately focused, and used." Additionally, Another weakness of "Requires the Force user to actively apply the application or usage of the Force Light power, and have knowledge of its uses." Because of both of these, "Any Non-force user cannot use the abilities. To them, it is just a sawn-off double barrel shotgun"

Laertia Io said:
Low recoil: In Laertia's hands, at least. Due to her immense physical strength, she can keep the weapon on target one handed, absorbing the recoil better than others could and easily hit whatever she aims at in its limited range.
I am not sure if you have ever actually fired a Shotgun like this IRL, but these things do have a hell of a kick. Enough that there are MANY videos on the internet where someone doesn't hold it right and gets smacked in the face with the barrel, or injures their hand. If you could please remove this, As well as increase the recoil to "Average."

While your character yourself could easily use this, Anyone else who attempted to use this and was of "normal strength" would have to still deal with the recoil. For this reason alone, I would ask that you change this.

Laertia Io said:
Enables user to better sense Dark Beings, even if concealing their presence
Laertia Io said:
Holy: The shotgun has been immersed in a Force Nexus of light. In addition to its fantastic damage against normal organics, its does immense damage against Dark beings, inflicting immense pain to them, be they created or otherwise. This means that if alternative ammo is loaded it will also do more damage than normal against a dark being. Its stopping power is such that even those in heavy armor risk being knocked down at point blank ranges. It cannot be held by dark siders. It will even help the user sense dark beings slightly above nothing at all if said dark beings are concealing themselves in the Force, though said dark beings will still be very difficult to sense.
I would like for these to be edited so that they are more clearly defined.

Firstly, While it can allow the user to more easily sense Dark sided beings, I would like you to mention in the strength that Master Level users of Stealth, or False Aura could potentially evade your own ability to sense them. This can help supplement your own natural Affinity for the force, but cannot replace it.

Secondly, If you can word the Damage of the shotgun at point blank range to "Potentially knock back enemies..." instead of the always scenario that you have presented.

As an aside, I very much like the idea of the shotgun, and enjoy the read. I myself have attempted to create something in the past like this myself, and so I am glad to see others around with like minds. However, Usage of the force can never be replaced by a relic, artifact, weapon, or armor. It can aid your usage in it, or act as a conduit for your powers, but cannot have powers of its own.

Let me know when you have done these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom