Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Dreams

Imahalayan

He woke up in a sweat, breathing heavily a look of pain and horror torn across his face. Avin ran his hands over his face and sat up on the bed. He turned to look at the women next to him, what did he call her? Master? Lover? Whatever he was going to call her wasn't the reason to cause his nightmare.

He slid his feet out of the bedsheets before dropping his head into his hands, the images of horror, bloodshed, and death still fresh in his mind. He continued to pant for no more than two or three seconds but the nightmarish events seemed to stay with him for what felt like an eternity. His bruised and scarred torso glistened with a veil of perspiration lining the angular shapes of his muscular build. Sitting up again Avin climbed out of bed, grabbing a shirt from the bedside table and pacing out of the bedroom to make his way back into the kitchen.

He slid the shirt over his shoulders and walked out into the cold night’s air. The chilling breezes comforted his body yet did nothing to save his mind from the harshness and brutality of his visions. He had seen dreams like this before. He had seen them before his mother's death. He had seen them before his ship went down he remembered seeing his friends burn the night before they met their ends. Now he dreamed of those now most dear to him, those whom he loved being killed because he was not powerful enough to stop it. Just as he had let them down before he would let them down again due to his weakness. Avin stepped back and gazed out over the fields, a dark feeling drawing deep within his stomach. His pain, anger, and sadness all pulling together like a hook in his mind. He shut his eyes once more and leaned against the open door frame. His mind reached out to the ever-shifting waves of the force. He felt the dark and cold ripples gather around him and penetrate into his mind. After a slow exhalation of frosty winters, air Avin let his mind settle again.

"I won't fail you..." He muttered under his breath. "Not this time."

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

Her eyes bolted open, she had felt movement in the too m and looked to the spot beside he seeing him gone. She slowly say up as she calmed herself and got dressed as she hopped out of bed

She felt something colder around the house , the dark side for some reason seemed morw...gathered rather then balanced out like it usually was. She stopped and peeked into he rsoms room seeing him asleep as she nodded and started further Rom out to the slightly cracked door, ahe pushed it open gently and stepped out closing it as she let a breath out seeing it as she smiled

wonderful night sky huh...terrible to be alone under such a sky...but I sense you are troubled Avin

She said as she turned to him and lightly smiled, if he wanted to talk she knew he would if not...well sometimes you needed to figure out what needed to be said before speaking

[member="Avin Starfire"]

His words seemed to drift into the air and linger for a moment before flowing away into the breezey night. He hadnt sensed her wake or move through to him in his period of reflection. Her words were quiet and soft to his ear, they worked their way through to Avin's almost meditive state. A few seconds passed as he processed the simple and endearing words yet his mind had been miles away with other thoughts and reflections. He turned to face her with a perturbed look of brooding before meeting her eyeline and shifting to a lighter forced smile. He replied to her in a volume similar to her own yet his tone was lower with a sense of drowsiness and an undertone of consternation.

"Yeah, I haven't seen a sky this bright for months maybe even years... I remember sleeping out under skies like this during some of my smuggler days. Though the skies would normally swirl away into darkness once the alcohol took over my mind. Back then I was alone, truly alone not a single person that cared for me and not a person that I cared for."

He shifted his timbre up-pitch and ushered a hand towards the window beside him before turning to run his walnut coloured eyes out over the rolling landscapes that blessedly surrounded Stardust's house and home. He awaited her to join him in the open space before returning to his story.

"It's funny as most people would idolize that life, a life of absolute freedom with all the women, money or drugs that one could consume. A freedom to go anywhere and do anything. Yet with every woman or drunken sprawl, I found myself staring up at the night with I never felt whole. I never felt happy."

He turned to look at her again his eyes studying the Twi'lek's features and smiling before his gaze sombered once more.

"For the first time in as long as I can truly remember I am happy here. I am whole with purpose and grasp of mind. Yet..." His face shifted once more the emotional exuberance of pain and Disturbia overtook him. "Yet I have been plagued by dreams, or no, nightmares. The things I have seen the images and horror is something more than I can bear. At first, I thought nothing of it, but it has persisted every night when I sleep it infects my mind and lingers darkness in my mind. When I meditate my visions are clouded by pain and suffering. I... I don't know what to do..."

The sky so bright only moments before had started to dim with cloud cover intercepting the gifts of hundreds of stars to allow light on the bitterly cold winters night.

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She looked forward and hummed gently as she listened to him, all to often many have these issues stemming from the past. She thought for a minute as she looked forward at the cloud covering the many many stars that always covered the sky

sins of the past will cling to the future, it it hard to break away from all you've done and in your mind your still fearing and living them

She said and tapped her head as she looked up seeing the clouds moving again to reveal the stars above

hmmmm...face these you must, I believe a trip to dagaboh is in order. There I myself have faced my past and faced the darker side of me....you won't be alone in this howev3r to will go with you to help

She smiled lightly and turned taking his hands and nodded

we shall banish these evils

He felt her grasp on his hands and for a moment as they made eye contact Avin seemed to lose the feeling of murky shadow swelling inside of him.

"Okay, that sounds like a start. I haven't been to Dagobah for a long time..."

He let his eyes shut as he held her hands and reached out into the force. Feeling a blazing shadow surrounding dagobah. Perhaps it was a good sign. Though Avin had his doubts.

"Yes Banish them we must or I sense they will only grow."

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She nodded and smiled slightly seeing that murky shadow hide away, she never called herself a beacon of light no she was far from it...but even a fire casted light into the dark and threw shadows on the wall

we shall in due time, we will leave first thing tomrrow afternoon, but we shall first sleep...you will need the rest for dagaboh. Trust me on this

She said and gave a soft smile as she led him back inside and closed the window while looking outside as she thought for a second and then nodded before turning back

The force was interesting and many knew little about it...but Stardust knew it had some plan...they just had to follow it carefully

The rest of the night slipped by with the uneasy drifting between states of consciousness for Avin. Images faded from his mind but to be replaced by the dark blur of fatigue from unrest and a cold sweat ridden nightshirt. Hours drifted by and as the light pushed its invasive fingers in through the window his peace was disturbed once more. The mattress shifting next to him and the following pull to complete his morning routine. The slog through washing and dressing left his mind half awake dwelling on his visions.

After ensuring they had both gathered the required equipment for their journey ahead as well as taking the correct child care precautions, Avin was joined by his master and partner for the journey down to the royal dock. The mid-morning rush of workers and trade markets blaring a blast of illuminative colors throughout the capital city. The speeder stopping itself front of the once shimmering shuttle complex now still a grand site yet astringent of the war still scarring the brick and glass much like everyone and everything else on this planet.

The pre-informed ship crew stood awaiting the arrival ushering the pair through security to the shuttle before briefing them on ship analytics and repairs and eventually the engines roared pushing the ship and its two passengers out into lower orbit a streak of light across the untainted blue sky.

Avin plotted the hyperspace route to Dagobah before walking back into the crew compartment where his partner sat.

"Well that's it, we are on our way. The droid will let us know when we are in sublight range."

[member="Avin Starfire"]

It was all a blur, she didn't sleep much at all. Then again she didn't need it much she knew how to handle little sleep, sshe looked over to avin as she wondered how she could help them...she looked outside seeing the wind blow gently as she looked to her hands before closing her eyes. What demons would she face there? Everyone had their demons, Stardust especially teetering on the fine line between dark and light both sides whispered their words trying to pull her one way or another

Dawn came and she was up early handing her child off to a caretaker and ensuring everything was packed for their little trip. Rations, tents, water filters, radios, and everything needed...she knew not how long they would be staying in this planet...but she was ready

Boarding she got in and sat down as she meditated, she felt the ship rise and shoot off into space as she hummed to herself and opened her eyes when avin entered

sit avin...much has to be said

She said as she would wait and meditate again

He sat facing her on command, his legs crossed in the area now seemingly empty and peaceful in contrast to the noises that had screamed at him either beeping of consoles in the cockpit or the static like scrambled voices of planetery airspace control. The Air back here sat still and steady.

His eyes fell shut in coordination with his hands finding their ways into rest on the top of either knee. His mind plagued from the visions slipping off into a balanced state feeding on the atmosphere of the room. Bowing his head before speaking.

"Not many things scare me Star but this is nothing I have dealt with before, I have always been aware of the darkness but so much and so sudden what does it mean?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom