Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Devices

c768f1ee-04ca-4062-bf96-5ec3fd0996d3.jpg
Region: Outer Rim
Sector: Kathol Sector
System: Ott System
Planet: Gandle Ott
e8cf4c97-4a5d-4c87-ad90-179255416b61.jpg

"Where is it?" The Rodian asked, his blaster pistol caressing the young woman's face. "Illdon will be displeased to here you lost a finger or two. Now tell me where it is!" The Rodian's voice grew louder. His wide, buggy eyes observed the young lady in disgust.

His orange vest made him stick out in the streets of Gandaria. With green skin and a sudden grunt he tilted his head waiting for the answer. The woman began to sob, frightened at the thought of being shot. Nothing about the Rodian was particularly scary, other than the barrel of the gun pressing against her head. In a panic she pushed the attacker away and ran for the open area, a street crowded with thousands of people. Screaming she ran, her white dress fluttering behind her.

The dark and polluted city was filled with sentient beings from all across the galaxy, a true city that never sleeps. The commotion of the constant fast paced lifestyle wasn't for everyone. The weak were born for other places, places like quiet and peaceful planets that offered normality. Here, on Gandle Ott the darkness reigned. Hutts and rotten organizations had been brutally at war for years and still were. This was only one of the many things that plagued the city. From corrupt leaders to illegal spice, Grandaria had it all. Although the city was out of hand, the police force was no joke. Even the do-gooders had power here, even if they were in tight spaces. Skyscrapers filled the city, neon lights marking the way to the nearest entertainment.

All the city had to offer was perfect for Xain, not only did it provide for him to cleanse the awful infestation of potential criminals, but also allowed him to be one. Xain wasn't a man that cared for killing, however, being cursed refused to allow him to go without. Murder to him was the worst kind of sin and in order to live he had to perfect it. Being caught or even spotted at a scene could become more problematic then he would have liked. This mattered not, the real reason he ended up here was to find a lead on a missing person. Regardless of the particulars he took the job, being low on credits was the first of his problems. Without money, he couldn't get where and what he needed.

The scream reached him, the low hum of the neon sign above phased out. Looking up he shook his head. Out the corner of his eye he spotted the frantic, white dressed woman. The resounding beam from the Rodian's gun hissed through the air. It was time for Xain to do what he did best, save someone. He ran as the trench coat weaved its way through the thick air behind him. A trail of smoke flowing out from the side buildings he passed. Jumping he dove forward, tackling the woman to safety as the beam of blue energy zipped by and slammed into a metal pole.

Crashing to the ground he looked at her, she was beautiful and smelled even better than the perfume Miri used to wear. Almost blushing he was thrown backwards, the Rodian snatching him upright until he let go.

"Oh it’s you?" The Rodian Sounded like he knew him.

"Krog? What the hell are you doing? Shooting at a woman like that!" Xain yelled, worried that Krog had become as tainted as the city.

"I work for Lex now, so move and let me do my job. The last thing I need is him barking down my throat because of you. Now scram, Sykes." Krog let him have it, clearly unaware of what was soon to come.

"Tell you what, if you can shoot your pistol before I can unsheathe my blade and disarm you, I'll let you have the lady." Xain turned to look at the young girl, she was breathing heavily, more scared of his silver eyes. They were a trait from his initial birth, nothing much more to it than that.

Krog stepped back and looked around, a crowd started to form around them as the stared, even small kids lined up to see the affair. The sun began to fall in the back drop of the tall buildings, the worst was yet to come.

"Sykes, you'll be dead before you pull that off. I hate to do this, but man. You asked for it." Krog's voice was confident.

Xain smiled, he turned back around to face Krog. Xain's silver hair flowed through the wind, things were going to get interesting. The vambraces he wore shimmered for a short moment revealing a snake eating its own tail. A small kid pointed at it and lightly whispered to the other kid next to him, Xain was able to hear it.

"An, ouroboros....what an odd thingy to put on your armor." The kid said.

Xain carefully placed his hand on his side, waiting for Krog to ready himself. The thought of using his blade after all these years made Xain yearn for more action, his pride showing through. The sound of a ghostly voice reached his mind. It made him tingle for a short moment, until Krog lifted his arm ready to fire. The voice called out to him, Xain blindingly steadfast, unsheathed the blade. The sharp metal rang through the ether, the crowd cheering as the trigger was pulled. The sudden illuminating light from the blaster bolt made Xain chant.

"Imbuement." Xain's voice was smooth and low enough for the spell to take effect.

The steel blade twisted slightly, the wide centerfold of it deflecting the bolt just in the nick of time. Xain's wrist gyrated back and forth. The sword met it's mark, Krog's hand falling to the ground, severed from his left arm. Falling to his knees the Rodian squealed, the power that came with Lex's band of criminals had brought him his fate. As fast as the blade released int the air and saved his life, it was just as quickly sheathed. Safe and annoyed Xain turned away from the Rodian to check on the original victim.

"Miss?" The young girl fainted, the sight of the small quarrel made her pass out.

Picking her up he knew exactly where to to take her, The Florence Inn. Just around the corner he knew she would be safe there. The city was already dangerous during the day, but at night not even a Sith could feel safe. Whistling as he carried the woman he smiled, the Rodian still bellowing in the distance.

[member="Juliana Darkmourn"], [member="Kaine"], [member="Lady Sovereign"]

Watching the commotion in the street under the neon lights, Juliana was intrigued about the circumstances that instigated it. Bringing a sword to a gun fight was never a good idea, but somehow this man was able to win. Observing the man referred to as "Sykes," Juliana noticed that the strange man said an incantation. So. He's a witch. The crowds were gazing in wonder at the spectacle before them. The woman who was saved from the gang member was in tears at the beginning. Now, her body laid there motionless. The stranger picked the girl up and started moving towards the Florence Inn. I think I'll follow him. Maybe there is more than what I have just witnessed.

The young woman began to slowly walk along the cemented path. The crowd started to die down, moving back to their respected areas of interest. The Florence Inn was a giant among the the building that surrounded it. It had a large lobby that was furnished with long crimson velvet coaches. Two stair cases occupied the left and right side walls with the lobby's main desk sitting neatly in the middle of them. The view blow Juliana's mind as she walked through the entrance. And I thought the Pillar of Ascension was incredible, this is just too much. This was all new to the young witch, wearing a long black cloak with a nicely knitted cloth outfit. It was different from her usual battle armor but she didn't want to look conspicuous.

"Can I help you madam?" A man standing at the desk asked her in a calm demeanor.

"Hello. I would like to rent a room please. Just one." Juliana said with a grin.

"Okay. How long will your stay be?" The man seemed to be captivated by her appearance.

"Just for tonight."

"Alrighty miss that will be six hundred credits."

Juliana waved her hand, "But its free for you pretty lady."

"But its free for you pretty lady." The man repeated.

Grabbing the key from the man, Juliana thought it wise to walk to her room. Waiting to see if there was anything more this "Sykes" would do.

[member="Xain 'Cruor' Sykes"]

Whispers about the selfless hero reached Kaine as he sat in the lobby of the Florence Inn. A tale of a towering pale man reached his ears as the crowd in the lobby recalled the heroics they had witnessed moments ago. Kai simply observed and took in his surroundings, from the couch where he resided, he could see two staircases that encircled the desk. The wooden desk was hand crafted and stood as tall as his chest. The walls held a slight beige hue as they were accented by the maroon curtains, it was clear red was the theme set for the lobby.

Kai was not the average Inn occupant, he would spend most of his time observing the clientele. Kai channeled his false light side aura as he searched for new leads on power artifacts. The Jedi had recently started relocating their hidden dark relics for safe keeping. A few of these objects had already fell into his hands, but it was not enough. He needed to hide who he really was to be able to get close enough to these convoys to obtain these antiques. So far his effort provided little to no results as he chased many false leads in the past few days. The news of this "hero with extraordinary abilities" provided a new opportunity, one he would not simply pass up.

Kai rested back into the couch, his dark blue pullover hugged his upper body revealing his toned chest. His lean body was pale, which was accented by his light green eyes. This was an affect from his false light side aura as his eyes were naturally orange, the closest color to orange that still presented light side attributed was a faint green. Black strands rested just over his eyes and hid the back of his neck. This shaggy look was something he had grown quite fond of after letting his hair grow during his days mentoring under Mirdan. His legs were concealed beneath his black pants, his left leg crossed over the opposite knee, he could not be more comfortable.

He listened as feint murmurs could be heard in the backdrop, a woman asked for a single nights stay in one of the available rooms. This was something that Kai heard hundreds of times over and over as he occupied the lobby, though this time the conversation took a different turn.

"Alrighty miss that will be six hundred credits."

The woman waved her hand, "But its free for you pretty lady."

"But its free for you pretty lady." The man repeated.

His eyes shifted to watch as this woman reached for her key and made her way up the stairs. A force user, this could be a possible lead, though unlikely due to her lack of discretion, even if only he had noticed. He would remember to follow up on her. The lobby began to clap, Kaine turned his gaze to mimic the crowd's as they thanked the town hero, he walked through the front doors of the Inn carrying the woman he had saved.

This could be my lucky day after all.

[member="Juliana Darkmourn"]
[member="Lady Sovereign"]

"Oi, you saved the pretty little girl, eh?" The wiry accent stuck out. "I tell ya, wicked karking scumbags, they always go for ye young ones. That there is Vanessa' best be careful when her Pa comes a'looking." The stout man informed the hero as he walked in, out of the whole crowd he was the only one Xain listened to. The applause wasn't necessary as Xain made his way through the lavishing lobby. The floors were a artistic spread, clean tiles laid tightly adjacent to one another, forming the luxurious look of the Inn.

Looking to the only useful, wiry man, Xain acknowledged him with a simple nod. He wasn't comfortable in front of all these people. All it would take is for the voices to come back, like they always did. The bright, glowing lights of the gold chandeliers gyrated in a smooth spinning motion above. The chandeliers particular turning caused the shiny speckles of the marble below to glisten back. The smell the inn had was strong, strong enough to realize that the scents they had been using were an assortment of berries. In such a immaculate inn, a dead person had no right. At least Xain felt this way. Being brought back to life and not understanding why, was the worst. Gripping at the young woman's shoulders he reached the front desk. His belt shifting as he walked to make a tiny 'Ching' sound.

"Can I help you today sir?"

"A room for her please...." The receptionist gave him and odd look. "And no I will not be staying with her, just give me the key."

"Right, um, that'll be Seven hundred credits."

Handing the woman a firm stiff, card he struggled reaching the counter, the unconscious woman in his hands making it difficult. She wasn't heavy the general action that required to get the card and hand it off was the hard part. It made him realize his gift of life didn't come without its perks. Normally Xain would have been skinny, bones and all. Now after the resurrection, he was in the best shape of his life. Muscular and strong, even in the calf areas. Waiting for his card to be approved he stood there like a lump. Sticking out like a sore thumb, his black outfit screamed dangerous, but his actions spoke hero. Something the city had very few of.

"There you go sir, you are all set." The receptionist seemed unsure about Xain's intentions, skittishly handing him his key. The card he had given her was from a local club, gambling was something he took enjoyment in. Having a debit card with Ruckus Nightclub meant cash flow, but it wasn't enough for the things he needed. That's why he was looking for the missing person, a man rather. The job had good pay, but no leads led to anything promising. Instead he was stuck saving the teenage girl in his arms.

Snatching the key from under the backside of the hunched over body in his arms he smiled at the receptionist one last time and winked. Turning away he found two red couches, maroon drapes in the back set of everything. One couch seemed occupied by a curious fellow, while the other seemed vacant. Xain walked between the two couches and made way toward the room. The curving stair case was made of wood, deep dark mahogany to be exact. Over them rested a bright red carpet, nicely meandering its way around the edges of the steps. Ascending up them Xain's gear rattled, his sheathed blade shifting with his hips as he stepped upward. Reaching the top he turned the corner, looking for the numbers along the doors. The hallway was wide, dressed with dark wooden tables in odd open ended wall spaces to the sides. Like the steps, the hallway had a red carpet as well leading the guests to their desired lofts.

Sighing, he slipped the key into the correct door number, Forty-Three. Turning the knob the door opened a small creak making itself present as it slowly swung inward. Quickly stepping in he left the door ajar. Stopping at the hem of the bed he set the young girl named, Vanessa down. Her black hair spreading across the blue and gold comforter. Tucking her in he shifted his eyes to her feet, bruised and bloody. Black spots tainting her beauty, her toenails ripped from their rightful places, leaving just skin. If she had a dad like the man in the lobby said, he clearly had no care for her. it was a sign of poverty, or slaves. Xain only knew this because of his past, he too was a slave to a clan of Sisters. His toenails were full, however, he remembered when they were no longer. it seemed the tradition stuck with a few generations after his death. To think that marking a living being even eight hundred or so years after his demise, that slave traders were still doing such a mutilating thing.

Wiping the thought from his mind he left the room. Slipping the key into his inner trench coat he grinned, the force called out to him. a quick flash of the man he spotted on the couch reached out to him. A warming light enticing him to find answers.

A Jedi? Here?

Xain locked the door and walked fast to the top of the steps, looking over the balcony he locked eyes onto the source of the disturbance. His magic flared inside him. Meeting a Jedi now could prove interesting. Only Xain wasn't sure if the killings around the northern part of the city had finally caught up to him. It wasn't fair, it's not like he chose to be cursed or even be back alive. Only the reality of it all is he was and he had to kill to survive. Blood seemed to be the only thing that kept him going and it had to be from a living vein. he tried the medic bays, getting a supply of blood bags from places like that didn't work. His body rejected them, like filth to the rich. There was no other way, grabbing onto the banister he slowly walked down the steps. Confused and ready to take everything head on, Xain found himself in a pickle. Stepping onto the lobby floor he froze.

Another force signature? It's darker. Is there a bounty on my head? No. I've been disposing of the evidence too well. This is sick, why can't I just have a normal life. Stop it. Think Xain, what are they both here for?

His mind was stirred, looking to his right he saw a bald human with a suit case heading for the elevator area. Then to his left, he spotted the darker source of his intuitive magical clairvoyance. A woman persuading the clerk with magic. it was obvious something was about to happen. Tensing up, Xain stayed still, waiting for something he knew would be disastrous unfold. Unless he was being paranoid...

[member="Juliana Darkmourn"]
[member="Kaine"]

The room was small but elegant in a way. The tightly knit bed was centered in the middle of the room up against the north wall, with a bathroom close to the door to the east of the bed. A table set with two chairs loomed in the south end, decorated with flowers in a silver vase. Juliana wasn't use to this, it wasn't as nice as her quarters on the Pillar of Ascension but it was something. Laying on the bed, she looked to the ceiling. The glow of the lamp cased a shadow upon the ceiling, causing the pale white paint to become duller.

The city was buzzing out side the window, vehicles speeding to new destinations and people yelling at others to get out of the way. This place is too loud for my taste. Juliana was a simple woman, temples and old crypts were more relaxing. Research and exploring made her feel at home, the city life was a catastrophe. Noises of unrelenting people made her want to electrocute them all. She contained her annoyance with meditation. Looking to the teachings of her old master, she centered herself and calmed down.

It was lively in the Inn tonight, people were all celebrating the brave hero's success outside. Sykes had caused a commotion that would soon take notice, at least that's what Juliana suspected. If the man he defeated outside was a bounty hunter or a gang member, there is a chance that more would follow. Bounty Hunters usually ran solo, but not if they were in league with the Hutts. In a city like this, a Hutt was slithering around somewhere. The snake like creatures disgusted the young witch. Stories of how they enslave woman and use them as trophies made Juliana want to slice off their heads with her saber. Their slimy tongues were the real cause to her hatred for them. The Hutts loved to like their lips and it was excruciating to watch. Her mind was wondering and making her sick from the thoughts.

Hearing rustling from down the hall, Juliana became curious if it was Sykes. The sounds of stomping feet up the stairs could signify, a huge man or someone who is carrying weight they are not use too. Picking something up is easy, walking up stairs with said weight, is very straining. Perhaps he was lugging around the girl's body, maybe to a room? Must be trying to get some action in before she wakes up. The young witch became angry. She has been around men with evil intent towards a woman and that would not stand if it was the case. Moving towards the door, she examined herself. If she was correct in her thinking, the incantation outside was a saber spell. The art of making a plain old sword as useful as a lightsaber was very powerful magic. Better think wisely before going all gung-ho on him. Making absolutely sure she was ready, mind and weaponry, Juliana opened the door.

Upon exiting her chamber, her gaze fell on Sykes' back. He was walking towards the balcony near the stairs. As Juliana moved, the male witch's pace quickened. He knows? Increasing her pace to catch up to him, she rested her back against the archway at the end of the hall. Peeking out, she saw Sykes standing there, then moving down the stairs. Where in the nine rings of Hell is he going? The anger was rising, Juliana was ready to shot bolts of lightning into his back, but she refrained from making a scene. Realizing that the girl from earlier was no longer with him, Juliana figured he must have already dropped the body off in a room. Maybe he is getting a drink before he ravishes himself? I think not.

When I catch you, you're so done.

[member="Kaine"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom