Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dark Angel - Tri-barreled Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
CerberusC.jpg

cerberus2.png

Source: Vincent Valentine’s Cerberus Tri-barreled pistol
Intent: To create a sidearm for Nickolas that can use against the likes of Force users. As well as a general firearm. Since not very many people will have a tri-barrel gun, it can be a daunting aspect.
Development Thread: No, will do one if necessary.
Manufacturer:
Model: Dark Angel
Affiliation: Independent/Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-unique (1 + 1 backup)
Materials: Durasteel, Resin wood.
Classification: Slugthrower pistol
Size: handheld
Lengths:
  • Barrels – 30 cm
  • Total – 39 cm
Weight: 1.8 kgs
Ammunition: Slugthrower - .500 S&W magnum. 6 rounds (per cylinder)
Effective Range: Point blank - 92 meters
Max Range: 150 meters
Rate of fire: As fast as you can pull the trigger. (Within reason)
Strengths:
  • Heavy hard hitting rounds.
  • Sturdy
  • Tri-shot, harder for people to defend against
Weaknesses:
  • High recoil
  • Longer reload time
  • Goes through a lot of ammo
  • Can’t be easily concealed
  • A heavy pistol
  • Hatch design
Description:
Tri-barreled slugthrower built for a heavy round (fires a bullet around 1,900 Ft/s or about 600 m/s) that can pierce light armors and can imbed itself in some medium armors. With a high recoil, the gun is built out of durasteel and is thicker to support the backwards motion, and prevent it from flying out of the user’s hand. The cartridges are held in a Revolver fashion. To unload or reload the weapon, a button on the right side of the grip releases the locking mechanism in a hatch fashion.

The overall weapon is heavy and sturdy. However, there is still a large amount of recoil due to the revolver styled weapon. With standard handguns (Guns with slides) the weight is distributed across the entire gun, having most of the weight in the grip and in the firing mechanisms. However with a Revolver, the weight is above the hand. With an unbalance in the weapon, the recoil will come in a backwards and upwards motion more than a straight back recoil that comes with a more balanced weapon. While most of the gun is steady and hardy, the physical weak point in the weapon is at the hinge. When open and in the middle of a reload, a strong enough hit to the hinge can break or bend it in just the right way to not allow the barrels to lock back.

The gun fires three rounds at once with a single pull of the trigger. (Double action [hammer is pulled back and released with one pull of the trigger]). The cylinders will then turn in their respective axis’ and be ready to fire another set of bullets. On the left side of the firearm is a lever that when pushed, locks the two bottom barrels to not fire. Then with a single pull of a trigger, one bullet will be fired. (Double, or single action [Single action is simply pulling the trigger and the hammer is released]). This mechanism is to save ammo, as well if the user needs to have a more accurate shot, can be focused on one bullet flying rather than three.

(I am still working on this concept and would like some critiquing because I really want to make this a possibility with my character. I have always wanted something different for a force users main weapon to be a Pistol or a firearm rather than a Lightsaber. And this is one way that I am hoping to do it. This can still be denied or approved, I am just trying to see about how I would go about making this.)

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

Adjust ranges on this to approximately 92 meters effective, maximum range can be around 150. This is based off a standard .357 shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom