Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Dantooine Plains Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imageddwwvg.bmp.jpg

Name: Dantooine Plains Turkey [Meleagris Kamanis Ciracuse Tegarin Olfertan Connosoris] A.K.A. Lunchmeat

Designation: Non-Sentient

Language: Warbles & Clucks

Average Height of Adults: 3.36 Meters

Skin Color: Pale Peach & Rosy

Hair Color: [Plumage] Red, Purple, Green, Copper, Bronze, or Gold Iridescence

Breathes: Type I Atmosphere

Strengths:

• Intelligent Forager
  • Fast Runner
  • Camouflage
Weaknesses:

• Relatively Stupid
  • Too Delicious For Its Own Good
  • Cannot Fly

Distinctions: In frankness, the Dantooine Plains Turkey is perhaps only distinctive in its general size compared to other flightless avians and it's dashed good luck so far in surviving acute extinction at the hands of hungry colonists and predators. They're not majestic, they're not precisely beautiful, and they have the charm and mannerisms of unwanted in-laws. You love them more for being handy lunch meat than members of the prairie ecosystem.

Average Lifespans: 75 Galactic Standard Years

Races: N/A

Estimated Population: 30 Million [Exclusively Dantooine Assured Ranges]

Diet: Plains Turkey subsist on an omnivorous diet, mostly consisting of grass seeds, nuts, berries, insects, and even occasionally small rodents if they're need is great. Naturally, their metabolism is geared towards a much more hardy digestion than most humanoid species. However, they can still succumb to common stomach ailments, and can perish from herbicide and insecticide poisoning.

Communication: Plains Turkeys have no established language. Communication is vocalized by basic gobbles and cutts expelled by bulbous air-sacs situated in the throat. Males can utter a gobble that can be heard for approximately ten miles to announce their presence to females. Females in turn can yelp or whine to in turn entice said Male. Not unlike a Co-Ed party

Culture: As primeval as can be imagined. Males find philosophical subsistence in eating, defecating, gobbling, and mating with as many hens as they can lay their plumage on. Similarly, hens are focused upon said breeding efforts come the year's end and in turn lay, incubate, hatch, and raise a nest of some six to nine eggs. They have no legendary songs or noteworthy customs. They are avians. Birds. Feathered meat-machines.

Technology Level: See [Culture]

General Behavior: Plains Turkeys operate on a general 'reaction' platform of established behaviors. Not necessarily brave, but hens have been noted to react with violence when the lives of her hatched brood are placed into peril. Being faced down by a nine foot bird can be especially terrifying. However, most of their kind operate in solidarity, having established only hazy lines of grounded flocks that generally share the same eating territories before moving on to more verdant grounds. Their preferred environs are matured forests with suitably grown thickets and clearings. Mating ruts occur annually in time with Dantooine's established seasonal rotation, most viscerally affecting males. A nine foot tall duck-thing with an intent to mate is no laughing matter, though one is reminded of, once more, Co-Ed parties.

History:

For the better part of some six hundred million years, Dantooine's local Plains Turkey grew through several states of simple evolution, plying from giant birds of prey to the lesser sized and flightless specimens we encounter today.

However, what set them apart from other notable denizens was its selectively delicious breast, wing, and thigh meat. Now, they are one of the galaxy's most sought after delicacies, with a full raw turkey package driving up a price as much as five thousand credits per package. As such, Dantooine local rangers maintain careful selection and watch of the local population in a wary battle to avoid depopulation and over hunting.

Notable Player Characters:
Dependent on your definition of 'Turkey'.

Intent: To create a succulent beast that can fell a whole family into food comas following a full dinner.

[member="Seydon of Arda"]

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha. I think I may have snorted, there.

As funny as this is... I'll need you to take out that lovely unnecessary list. Do that, and I'll give this my approve yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom