Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dangerous Giggles

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris paused at that. And then her brow furrowed. ".. They'd rather spend money saying they're better than help the people they're 'better' then?" She already hated the people they were probably going to end up seeing at the party. Great. She took a moment to breath. Control those emotions for a bit. This was fine. They could do this to make sure they found the source of Giggledust.

That was the whole point.

"Alright. Alright. Where do we buy the clothing?"

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
"That's, uhm..." His tongue swirled around in his mouth, as if the answer was somewhere on his teeth. "Solid question."

Years on Denon, more than half his life, but that never amounted to the finer details of clothes shopping. His were often stolen, scrounged, whatever else one kid could tell another where he got his threads. Least of all in the Upcity for those brands the moronic Corpos obsessed over. He could never tell you what or where, frankly, ever since the Jedi found him his stolen clothes seemed to be traded in for those a younger Dagon once wore. Shrunken down, stitched up, all that same nonsense.

"I guess that'll be something we figure out once we get there."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I- .. Well fuck."

So he was just as lost as she was with this. Ah well. They had some time, at least. "We go up to the top level. Find some stores that don't throw us out, and go from there. Sure, that should be fine. You have a card with money, so yeah. This is fine." The unknowns of her plan were all piling up now. The less he knew about this kind of stuff, the more she was scrambling to make sense of her own plan.

".. Do you at least know where to start?"

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
Come to think of it, hardly.

"It's fine, we can find what we need. There's bound to be some store on that level that has what we need." His voice softened, somewhat, as his own plan formed inside his head and became spat out straight from his brain. "I find the store, I buy what I would never wear, then I pretend to be an nerf herder for-... I be a different kind of nerf herder and find out where the Giggledust is coming from."

Still, another idea came to mind. It was an easier one, for him at least.

"Or, you know, consider this your first real in charge mission. I'll follow your lead, I'm sure you can figure it out."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Well that was tempting. First real in charge mission? Iris clicked her tongue without actually meaning to. She should, right? This was her plan to begin with, so why not take command? The Padawan grinned probably a bit too much before she nodded. "Alright. Well. We'll start with that. The shop. .. Actually, what kind of card do you have? If it looks flashy enough- Oohh. Okay, I have an idea."

She certainly didn't see this in a show.

"If it's fancy enough looking, we can just say we came from off world or such and are looking to spend whatever amount to fit in with the local crowd here. Our parents will pay whatever fortune. Seem careless about the money so they think we're made of it. Let them dress us."

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
"Yeah, I mean." He nodded with pursed lips, "It works for me, and the card'll make do. Trust me."

Yula may want to throttle him afterwards, but maybe consider it a reward for the role of test dummy over the past few years. Sometimes he was left to wonder which of the scars came from crooks and which came from the result of some faulty mechanics, left to littler his body with some form of a mess or other.

"But do we get to have different accents?" Corin said, smiling.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Okay good. The card works. Okay fine. Wait, what? Iris blinked, drifting from her internal plans on what to do at the party in favor of thinking about accents. She'd heard a couple on her shows, back when she was still recovering. Her being able to pull them off? Inwardly and outwardly she cringed at the idea.

".. Do we need accents?"

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
"It's more of a joke," Corin answered with a hint of awkwardness to his words. The Padawan had known Iris... lacked, in certain areas. But to what extent, Corin was unfamiliar. He learned a little, bit by bit, but there was more to learn than the Denon local once thought. He wondered if there was a chance to show her, to teach her, but with these responsibilities that Corin so often consumed himself with and the identities of those he shielded, likely not.

That was the answer he settled on.

"It's something you see on holos... Just, nevermind. Let's get a move on."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I- Ah. .. Alright."

Move on. Alright. Iris scooted into a turbolift to the surface, shrugging her shoulders. No accents, that was fine. She hit the top floor, crossed her arms. Leaned on the glass to watch the city descend below them. The slum, soon to be hidden out of sight by the upper crust. Did her home have an upper layer like this? "You ever thought about what you want to be? As a Jedi, I mean. Like, what kind of Jedi you want to be."

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
In the idle thrum of the turbolift, all seemed silent. The outside world continued on, as if there was no transparent box that rose into the skies on rails. It was normal, a common sight to behold, the same with the speeders that flew about at various levels across the endless cityscape of Denon. Corin leaned onto the horizontal bars beside the control panel, with hazel eyes that flickered back and forth and all around; so much to see, so much to do, the immeasurable weight of it all felt on his shoulders at all time.

The kind that no amount of exhausting exercises could properly prepare one for. It never mattered how tall Corin became, how strong, or how durable. With each year, it seemed to boost more and more, but none of which eased the workload on his mind. Formidable as it was, it was tired. He was tired, and breathed a long exhale in some brief acknowledgement of the fact.

Iris spoke and though his eyes fell on her own, it was through the reflection of the glass.

"I wanted to be a Sentinel, like Dagon." He answered softly, as if his own private musing. "It made sense, what with... all this."

He corrected his stance and turned, even if somewhat slowly. His arms folded across his torso as Corin leaned into the small bar, his back on the glass itself. "But I'm not so good at all that. I assumed Guardian is where I'd end up." It was with his brow raised that he offered the same query to Iris, "Is this something you've thought on, about what kind of Jedi you want to be?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Sentinel's are vigilantes?" Iris canted her head to the side. Or did he mean Dagon was? Ah, right. She shook her head as if just telling Corin not to answer. That'd be something to ask Dagon about herself, if she wanted that answer.

"I've no idea. I'm more or less already a healer, and there's not many of us to begin with. I'm sure Amani's been swamped with me being here. Doesn't mean that's what I want to do, though. I could try for what Valery is, but heh. Iris, Sword of the Jedi. That doesn't really seem like a thing, does it?" She shrugged her shoulders as she hopped up onto the railing behind her to sit. Wait for the elevator to reach the top.

"I think before anything, I'm going to go out on my own. See the galaxy again, now that I can at least see. Find who I am without all the war and this. Maybe then I'll have an answer."

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
In a moment of quiet contemplation, Corin nodded softly with pursed lips. Iris had found herself in a similar situation to himself, forced to follow after their own notable masters that sat on the council. Perhaps Iris had it worse, with the Sword of the Jedi mantle looming overhead. Legacies were complicated and Corin would sooner throw his away than rush headlong into it. Him and Dagon shared similarities, but the Padawan learned could never truly become his master in that sense.

"Sentinel's work with the people, closer to the ground. The streets." He tried to explain with a revolving series of hand gestures, "It's... accommodating, to vigilante life. Is what I mean." Careful not to say much more than that, Dagon's secret was not his to share frankly.

"I think that's a sound idea, though. Go out on your own. I've thought about the same, even. Just... train with others, all across the Galaxy. Learn everything I can, become the best I can be. Though something tells me you mean something a little more spiritual."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I dunno about spiritual. Is that spiritual? Finding yourself?" That was something she didn't really know about. It was yet another thing for her to learn about, for sure. Probably when she does travel. "When you want to go out, let me know. I'll watch Denon for you, so you know it's at least safe."

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png
The teenager huffed with a slight smile that pulled at the corner of his mouth. "Yes," Corin nodded softly once, twice, maybe three times. Subtle movements. Iris had much to learn, almost as much as Corin had to learn of her in what she was not aware of. Teacher, though, seemed a little more than a misplaced title whenever it concerned perhaps the most problematic of the Padawans in their current generation. If not one of them, fallen down in the roster with this new change of heart that followed him in pursuit of Dagon's own teachings. "That's spiritual."

His smile turned into an almost uncertain expression, with averted eyes that turned with his head to see all that occured outside the turbolift. It was a rather long ride, from the surface to the skies. Scenic, more like. Hardly convenient. "It's an if, a big if. Even in capable hands, I don't want to leave Denon for too long."

Nightshrike can handle it on his own, anyways. Be that as it may, Denon is his world. Dagon may be the Jedi Watchmen, but Corin was always the heart of it.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Maybe you should."

Iris hummed a little, taking a look over the scenic view they were having to deal with. Not the lift to take if she needed to run. Good to keep in mind. "Jedi and attachment are dangerous things. Honestly, so is war. Maybe it would be good for you to step back." It proved to be important for her, with some of the things she had to deal with. Mostly around Kai.

Attachment was scary.

At least the lift dinged as they reached their floor. Iris hopped off the railing she was sitting on, walking towards the door to get out on the upper streets. They were.. So much cleaner. Nicer. Sleek. She grimaced.

".. This place kinda annoys me. At least I can make that work. The annoyed teenager."

denon.png

DANGEROUS GIGGLES
Iris Arani Iris Arani
cj2JhgK.png
Both Corin and Iris could allow themselves to find some common ground there; attachments did inspire a certain amount of fear within him, either for different or similar reasons. The Jedi Code warned the followers of it about them, of the roads they may take someone down. Corin never much feared that aspect of the Force, a road best not taken and never so much as glanced down. Not even for what amounted to a heartbeat. Yet as fast friendships had become forged between their fellow Padawans, of which Iris had made many from what Corin had come to note, he elected to remain withdrawn.

He could never allow himself to be vulnerable. Not as he once was.

Corin opted for silence shortly before the turbolift doors opened to reveal the Up-City of Denon; sleek and vibrant, clean and yet still filled with people from one particular walk of life - born into wealth, surrounded by wealth, of the mind to abuse their wealth.

"Hmph," he impassively huffed, "It should." Corin later remarked with an underlying tone of bitterness.

His eyes settled onto her own, "Let's go, time to see what kind of a plan you can make up."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Didn't I already come up with a plan?" She huffed before leading the way. Like, two steps off the elevator before stopping, looking around. Frowning. Plan was easy enough, sure, but finding the shop they needed? Didn't help they were already getting looks. It wasn't like they belonged, for now. Shop, shop shop shop- Oh. Advertising is really handing. All it took was a couple scans of the area before she found a shop in question.

Then took Corin by the hand to drag him along.

"Okay! There! Let's go!" The shop itself was as expected. Expensive, extravagant. Judgmental. As much as Iris cleaned up, the clothing she did have didn't exactly scream wealth. Almost the second she stepped in someone came over, clearly unamused by the intrusion.

"Can I help you?" It didn't take the colors to tell he was just looking for an excuse to toss them out. Iris narrowed her eyes as she puffed up. Looked just as unamused as he was.

"Well I was hoping to get some new threads. Dear papa was foolish enough to mix up the dates and when I arrived, none of my clothing had! I had to borrow an outfit from one of the maids, and I mean, look at this!" She was repeating, word for word, a line from one of her shows. In the show, it was an actual truth. Probably made it easier for her to get in character.

The service rep just blinked in surprise before glancing to Corin. Then back to her. At least he hadn't seen the show, cause he immediately offered an apologetic smile. "Oh dear, that does explain why you're dressed so poorly."

Iris bit back a laugh at that before nodding. "Yes, yes. And I have a party to go to tonight. Well! I suppose this shop will do. Why not show me the best style Denon has to offer. Price is, of course, no issue. C- Carl?" Yep. She looked to Corin. "What do you think, Carl?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom