Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dance Into The Fire

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
dylan_cole_01.jpg

Ashira's Light
Unknown Location

Firemane Industries and Technologies. Omega Protectorate. Siobhan Kerrigan.

Three names was all Stephanie had to go on, but it was enough to fuel her curiosity into the company that designed cutting edge technology and carried out space exploration; the very things Stephanie had been brought up to appreciate.

The silver sleek transport glider brought her and a handful of others to the magnificent space station in good time from Voss. Like a wide-eyed child, she pressed up against the viewport window she was seated beside and watched it as the station slowly grew and dwarfed them. It was like a floating metropolis in space, and unlike anything the girl had seen before.

Craning her head this way and that to see the ships passing above and below, taking in the architecture and design, Stephanie gripped her bag as their craft docked. The pilot gave them clearance to disembark, and she did so with a spring in her step.

Stepping down into the bustling hangar, she whistled in awe as she casually strode down to the ground in her comfortable boots, trousers and sleeveless vest, hair tight in a ponytail. Not knowing where to go from the start, she simply followed the directions to customs and took in the security around her and the atmosphere that was buzzing.

Did she expect to get anywhere? Not really, but she would quench her thirst for knowledge and curiosity before the day was out and she would return home.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Stephanie Swail"]
The Ashira’s Light had two completely separate customs and immigration zones; one for Eldorai…one for everyone else. It suited the somewhat dual personality nature of the planet of Tygara.

As Stephanie would approach the customs desk she’d find it was a pretty quiet day, and she would be able to approach a terminal immediately. There, a Firemane employee in green uniform was waiting.

After taking the newcomer’s identity card she looked her over carefully.
“Ms Swail, what brings you to Tygara? Do you have any items to declare?”

She handed over a customs form which listed the usual things which could not be brought onto Tygara or the station. This included a few extra things; Force artifacts, Vong bio technology, and nanobots.

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie stood still, smiled and allowed the officer to do her job.

"No, ma'am. Just me and my satchel. That's it."

The shield stayed on Voss for now, and she didn't even have a famous lightsaber to her name. She had stumbled into the galaxy with a bump, from the unknown city to Midwinter to Tatooine and Voss....and now here. She was as much of a Jedi as Darth Vader was still alive.

She handed over her satchel as she glanced over the custom card and scanned it, shaking her head.

"I bet it's not always this quiet," she said with a smile.

Yes, it was small talk, but she preferred that to just standing there like a fool.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
The customs officer looked around. “It’s early morning on the surface. Things usually pick up around eighth-hour.”

She frowned as she scanned the bag. “Ms Swail, I’ll ask you again, what brings you to Tygara? Do you have accommodation booked or a return ticket? Our entrance policies allow for tourist visits of thirty local days, after which you will have to apply for a visa or depart.”

Stephanie Swail

With a little flustered shake of the head, the girl sniggered.

"Sorry, of course. I'm here from Voss, I don't think I'll be here for thirty days at all and I have no accommodation. But I will be looking for one, just anywhere to rest my head over a day or two."

She pulled out a folded piece of paper from her thigh pocket and opened it, reading.

"I am hoping to find out more about Firemane Industries and Technologies. And, this is a wild shot in the dark, you don't know if Siobhan Kerrigan is on this station at all do you? I'm hoping for an audience with her."

It was a long-shot, and a rather ridiculous one, but it was worth a try. Stephanie had to try at least if she wanted to understand more.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
For a person arriving at the Ashira's Light asking to see Siobhan Kerrigan would be like a tourist arriving at LAX and asking for an audience with the President. The customs officer was not going to take that step...and wouldn't be able to anyway...without a bit of escalation first!

The Customs Official smiled and handed over a brochure with a list of the 8 hotels in the Ashira’s Light…the Firemane owned ones anyway!
“Well, I’m not sure if the Lady Countess is on the station, but I can put you in touch with my supervisor, Captain Lykar. Might I know what you wish to discuss with Lady Kerrigan?”

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie smiled and took the broucher, holding it tight.

"Thank you. Of course. It's a stupid reason really but..." she didn't quite know how to phrase such a request, "...I've read about Miss Kerrigan and know her links with the Silver Jedi. I simply want to know what she can tell me about them, and about the Jedi she has served with. You could say I'm at the bottom of a ladder wanting to climb."

She lifted the broucher to the officer in a gesture of thanks.

"I appreciate it's silly, but I have nothing else to offer except a desire to do good where I can, and safe to say this place intrigues me a great deal."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
The Customs Officer frowned. That was a very odd request. Alas, there was a queue forming and she’d already spent a lot of time on one person.

She handed over a small data card. “Your clearance to enter the Ashira’s Light. You will need to receive permission at the domestic travel dock if you wish to access the surface. Captain Lykas has been informed you wish to talk to her. Thank you for visiting, good day.”

She pressed a button on her console as Stephanie left to alert her superior that there was someone who needed her attention.

Captain Lykas was waiting at a small side office. She had already been briefed by viewing the security footage.

“Ms Swail, my officer has passed you on to me. I have reviewed your request and find it most strange. As I hope you are aware, we are not affiliated with the Silver Jedi Order in any way other than this system resides in their sphere of influence. However, they have no jurisdiction here. Lady Kerrigan, and Firemane as a whole, does not work with the official Jedi Orders at all. I am not at all sure what more I can add to this, other than perhaps you misunderstood the nature of Firemane.”

Stephanie Swail

She didn’t have time to mumble thanks before she was ushered to the side with her clearance and bag, which she tucked over her shoulder and moved away. Glancing around the customs zone, she caught the eye of one official looking guard by a side office, and she was being watched.

There was little distance between them, and so Stephanie was even more sure when she started talking.

It wasn’t the information she had expected, and it confused her from the off. She thought the names were of Silver Jedi allies. Sure, they may not be up-to date, but they seemed to be rather detailed.

"Thank you, and, well, I’m sorry for the confusion. I’m new to the Silver Jedi and have had no real…introduction to things. I’ve been making me own way and learning what I could and I came across Miss Kerrigan’s name as well as others, and wanted to discover me. I had no idea they were…separate."

She felt foolish, and a little embarrassed.

With a little look to the side to compose herself and look less interested than she was, she made a couple of soft noises with her mouth before looking back to the officer.

"Who can educate me in what Firemane does then, Captain? I assure you I am under no influence from any Jedi Order as yet. I want to find my place, and for now that want has brought me here. Humour me, please."

Stephanie flashed an innocent smile, a little raise of the brow to show eagerness.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
The Captain looked unsympathetic. To her, anyone who waited until they were at a location to learn the most commonly known public information was probably not the right person for the job.

“Our holonet site has a full run down of our history and ethics,” she replied briskly. “Firemane does not officially comment on the Silver Jedi. Any who wish to join us can go through the recruitment office on this station, level 13, office 13.”

She rose. “If that is all, Ms Swail, I have a lot of things to attend to.”

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie stared at the Captain, a bit taken aback by the bluntness of their words. True, she could have done more research, but why read text that now seemed to be untrue? The source was the best font of knowledge.

"Hey, wait," she held her hand out, "I’m not saying I claim to know what Firemane are truly about, but I know what they do. It interests me. I could be of help to you. And I’m not your…average soldier coming in looking for shelter."

She stared down the Captain.

"I doubt you need to be anywhere that important right now, do you."

She shifted her weight onto her other leg and tightened her grip on her bag.

"Let me speak to someone in Firemane itself. If I don’t get anywhere, then I’ll leave. But not before."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
“I am employed by Firemane, actually,” the Captain said stiffly. “And I do have other places to be, I administer all of the check in facilities for this wing of security. I would strongly advise you not to try and hinder me in my job,” she added.

“All recruitment is handled by our offices on this station and other locations. We do not offer special treatment. What did you mean by ‘not average’ anyway?” she said. She sounded dubious.

Stephanie Swail

She sighed, folding her arms. She wasn’t trying to hinder anyone, but sometimes people needed to be…hindered before they got away. And it seemed her interest was peaking a little.

"Let’s just say I’m a product of some of the best Republic minds that ever lived. I need a place to serve, to learn and thrive. If Firemane isn’t willing to take a chance and be what I thought they were, then I guess I was wrong about you all."

She pulled down on her satchel strap and turned into the inquisitive office, half-ready to leave.

"Don’t let me keep you. Captain. I wouldn’t want to hinder you from stopping others who could make a difference."

With a set face, Stephanie turned and walked out of the office she had come into, and made sure the door shut behind her with a much louder slam than intended, rattling the blinds. With a frustrated shake of the head, she looked down at the broucher. There must be another way.

First, she needed a place to stay.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
The Captain did not mention that although the Republic had been able to create Stephanie, they had not been able to prevent their fractious nation from collapsing in a heap.

“Good day, Ms Swail. I wish you luck in your endeavours, but I also wish you would be less impertinent about them.”

And then she was gone.

Stephanie Swail

THE NEXT DAY

A good night’s sleep and a comfy bunk could help wonders. Also, a nice cool breakfast paid for on the Silver Jedi’s account. Yes, she felt bad. It wasn’t ion her nature at all to be reckless or rude, and she had been.

Freshening up, packing her satchel again and blowing out a breath, she left the Mojave Hotel, a decent little place not far from the spaceport, and headed back to the security office with her tail tucked between her legs.

She was early, and she would wait outside to hear if there was activity within the office itself or for when, hopefully, the Captain would come back for her day of work and she could act like she should have.

Her fingers gripped the strap, tongue tapping on her teeth, nervously waiting but still eager to progress and try again with a clean slate and a fresh head.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom