Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dance Dance Revolution

Free in the Park, Amar

Festival season had hit, hard.

The free people of the galaxy had every right to enjoy their lives. The sudden invasion of Coruscant had certainly put a damper on life in Republic space. Okay, I'll concede, damper was a light way of putting it. The people were frightened. If Coruscant, the centre, the capital of the Republic could fall so easily then what of their own planets?

So the people would choose to forget, they would bury themselves in music and passion. Keep spirits alive by living each day as if it were their last, because it very well could have been.

So let's visit one such display of diversion.

Free in the Park, also known by the locals as Pee in the Dark. It was hosted in a very large field upon the unremarkable planet of Amar. The local Amarans, being champion traders welcomed these affairs to their world, they could charge an extortionate amount for gizka hot dogs and bantha burgers. They would even charge to use the toilet. So nobody would use the toilet. Thus the name.

However, where joviality lurked there had to be restraint, common sense, to protect and crack down upon the sale of spice and death sticks and thus stationed at the festival were a few Jedi, and who better to place at the scene of emotion and fun than Jedi Padawan Hal Terrano?

This was sarcasm.

The man's arms were folded across his broad chest as he donned those robes of iconic brown and that oh-so-familiar grimace. Beady blue eyes were trained upon a couple engaged in a spot of extreme PDA. The urge to move them on was great, but for the moment he just stood surrounded by his aura of grump.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Force you're grumpy," Avalore grunted, shooting a sideways stare up at the man, "you know, you're supposed to look ...I don't know, not like you'd rip off someone's arms and beat them stupid. Jedi don't look like that. Jedi look pleasant, approachable. Like this."

A family group walked by, a young child's eye catching on the Jedi and their iconic robes of brown. Well, Avalore was now in robes of green to signify her station as a Healer, but all the same. She plastered a disgustingly sweet grin on her face and returned the wave from the child, "Hi there, hello, please enjoy the festival. If you scrape your knee just stop by and I'll fix you right up!"

The parents made amiable, generic comments about heroic Jedi. When they passed, Avalore turned back to Hal with a grimace.

"Oh feth, that was awful. Why did I...oh my cheeks hurt," hands slapped to her face, she smeared them around, "c'mon, let's go get some cotton candy."

[member="Hal Terrano"]

Grumpy. Now that wasn't a new one, probably one of the less offensive ones as grumpy tended to lead to images of cats and old men. Better than words like cold, unfeeling, rude. A few of the temple Masters looked at him as if he were a ticking time bomb of cliche Jedi repression. Others joked around. Most didn't care.

"Try smiling, Padawan Terrano. It won't hurt."

"Of course it wouldn't hurt. Smiling doesn't hurt."

Suddenly he finds himself stationed at a festival. Suspicious if you ask me. Was a montage supposed to happen? Where accompanied by the Queen of Quirk Hal learns to laugh and let himself go? Probably not likely, but if Belle and Sebastian start sounding in the background I'm ready to dive out of this indie flick.

He didn't respond to Knight Eden's comments about what Jedi look like. She was his superior. One should respect their superiors at all time, or at least try to. Sometimes it got difficult. Certain Grandmasters and all.

Observing the scene with an unchanging expression Hal remarked inwardly that Jedi had better things to be doing than fixing scraped knees, yet when the animated woman turned back to him he bit his tongue. Had Hal possessed more defined eyebrows he might have propped one up at Avalore.

“What is...cotton...candy?”

It certainly didn't sound edible.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom