Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damsel(s) in Distress

[member="Hard Contact"] | [member="Mereel Vaun"] | [member="Seo Linn"]​
[member="Ronin Wendigo"]​
Aargonar​
Jumping into the fray against the Dark Jedi
It was then with a metallic clink one the saber stolen by the dark Jedi from the earlier armored Jedi fell to the floor right side his hand which he lopped off. In one fell swoop of his saber that was soon followed by a volley of slash attack at his chest. Which took everything in him to keep in check as he then slowly began to try channel his attacks into one fluid motion. Where in he made sure to balance his attacks between inflicting pain at the same time keep the Dark Jedi alive long enough that he would be distracted away from. Following thru in hunting down the others and giving them the opportunity to escape.

At which time stop only soon after as his foe fell to his knees in what appeared to be sheer defeat but then again. As he pulls back is when he noted the sheer steel gaze of the stranger at him that cause him to pause. At which time take a step back he then held one hand out to lift the fallen saber to him and latching it onto his side when in sheer defiance his fallen foe rallied to no less with a sinister sickly grin stare straight at him. His eyes no less seem still filled with malice as much as it was in momentary deep thought Before in one last show of defiance let out a bloody spit at his feet. In which case elicited a faint grow to escape his lip as his mind teetered so close yet so far from the edge note how. If nothing else he could no less hear the faint voice in his head lash out where in on one side. Called for the swift punishment of death be dealt with the foe while another beg for the compassion of which plead that he spare his life. Note each side plea he stood over the stranger and could no less feel the surging rush of knowing.....he held in his hand the stranger fate.

At which time with he then lift the saber in one hand over him taunting him back as he swung it close passingly close to his neck. Before shifting to instead reach out thru the force and grab hold of his beating heart. Noticing to then slowly tighten his grip into a fist as a faint smirk came over his face is not so much of anything other than the idea. Of snuffing out one less shadow of the tainted darkness out of the universe.....

Mereel's shoulders sank as he felt a tinge of hatred flicker out of the air.

"You feel that? Your friend back there is alive."

He said to Seo, who he had sat down across from where he was kneeling in one of the facility's large entrance doorways. His eyes focused as a red blaster bolt grew larger in his vision in slow motion. He instinctively dropped from his kneel, going prone as the blaster bolt sailed less than a foot overhead and impacted the wall behind him. When he looked down the sights of his rifle, he was already aimed in on the mercenary who had fired the bolt at him. He gave the quarren a burst of three rounds from his rifle, and the being fell.

"Almost in the clear, Dandellion. Don't pass out yet. Here's a question to keep your mind going. How do you know that guy back there?"

The stranger back there had threatened his life over Seo. Mereel already had a suspicion as to how the two knew eachother. If their relationship had been what he suspected it was, his question would put Seo on the spot, but it was better than letting her slip out of consciousness right now. The first aid he had given was the best he could offer given the non-peaceful circumstances, but he couldn't be sure that she would make it.

[member="Ronin Wendigo"] [member="Seo Linn"]

Taking a few deep breaths to calm herself, Seo stopped trying to fight or resist the carry given to her by Mereel. Not that she was in any real position to do anything about it. However she would have liked to walk out on her own two feet.

When she finished with her breathing, she was not in a fully stable condition and her eyes had started to close. Hearing the voice of Mereel though snapped her back to wakefulness. He asked if she could feel something and her look said no. Clearing her throat, she really wanted to say she was thirst, but that wasn't the right answer.

Throwing a weak barrier up around the two of them, if any of those shots hit, it would fail quickly. Feeling entirely useless and helpless, Seo was not happy or in her right mind fully. Luckily the shots fired at them missed and the barrier remained to seal them away from any other attack. It didn't last long though and as her focus started to fade again, it went away. Mereel's voice drew her back again and golden eyes gazed at him as he asked his question.

"Jedi. Before you and I met. He needed rescued and let out a distress call. Like today."

Cursing in a great amount of languages, they would make more sense than how she had just answered her love. Hopefully he could understand her words and they weren't mumbled incoherently. It was a short and honest answer, but not full of details. Not able to think or speak well enough prevented that.

[member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Ronin Wendigo"]

Mereel's attention was suitably divided, but he heard what she said loud and clear as he continued to stare down his sights. He didn't respond to what she said verbally, instead only giving a head nod in mute acknowledgement as he continued staring down his scope. Slowly panning his rifle from side to side, he didn't see any more movement. He sighed in relief as he failed to detect any presences besides Seo immediately nearby in the force, although there was still a sea of lifeforms he could detect behind them in the facility.

Standing to his feet, he hefted the weight of the heavy rifle in his left hand and started frantically searching through his belt with his right. "I felt that barrier. I appreciate it, but don't fight any more just yet. I got something that'll help. Here -"

Crouching down next to her, he rolled up her shirt sleeve and injected her arm with a syringe he had pulled from his belt."Conserve your energy until that kicks in, and trust me, you'll be able to tell when it does."

Would she though? He had never applied a stim shot to someone as injured as her before. Shrugging his shoulders, he dropped the expended syringe on the ground and lifted his right hand to resume levitating Seo towards the other Jedi's ship. "Going up again. So, here's another question to keep you awake until the stim shot kicks in, is your friend going to try to kick my shebs if he sees me kissing you when we get back to the medbay?"

[member="Seo Linn"] [member="Ronin Wendigo"]

When he said there weren't any other beings nearby he would be fighting, she nodded. The barrier would need to be put up again if they came across others. Before he picked her up again and she was not looking forward to that, he gave her a shot of something.

Directly into a vein, it only took a few moments for it to kick in. True to his words, Seo knew when it did. The headache increased and her heart rate went up. It did accomplish its purpose though and she was quite awake, even if in still rather poor condition medically.

Her eyes popped open and as soon as he lifted her again, that same shiver went through her. Not fighting it though, she just glared at him. He picked up on the conversation that had been started at the same time he did her. Her not liking the telekinesis used on her kept her from reacting to the question right away. After taking a few more breaths, listening to her racing heart, she opened her eyes again to look at him.

Attempting to think like him and where his mind was in asking the question, she took another few moments to answer. There was a small hesitation in her attitude, but eventually the words came to her and when she spoke, it was clearer than before.

"I don't think so. We haven't talked to or seen each other since returning to Silver territory."

Looking away from Mereel for a moment, she made a fist with one hand before speaking on. That small movement would be a tell to him. Body language was part of her way of communicating. If she could have, she would have taken a hold of his hand instead. Being bound by his telekinesis, she did not want to upset what control he had to do that.

"That happened before you and I met, so I do not feel he would want to beat you up."

No full or clear details were given, but hopefully the message would be clear enough.

Aargonar​
Jumping into the fray against the Dark Jedi
It was then with a mix of rage as much focuse seriousness that Ronin attack the dark Jedi. Whom in his eyes he did not see as just a mere pawn in all this but as the focal point of his vendetta as in back his mind. The very thought and image of her laying there as he had happened upon her....hurt and no less at his mercy. That in turn, had him at moment did more to spur him to tighten his grip upon the dark jedi rather than anything else.

As deep inside part, he wanted him to suffer as she had ....

Inside a watchtower overlooking the facility grounds, a radio crackled to life. "Sectors one, three, and four are clear, and most of the escaped prisoners have been dealt with. A -"

"Most?"

"..shut up and let me finish. Sector two is still insecure. Unknown amount of prisoners still in the sector, at least one armed target - a Mandalorian carrying out one of the lab's scientists in quadrant 3. Looks like he's brutalized her. Kill the mando, get the scientist back."

"Copy that."

The mercenary got up from his chair and grabbed a rifle from a gunrack. Rushing up a flight of stairs and then out a door, the mercenary swung around the watchtower until he saw what he was looking for: an armored figure in a courtyard, 30 meters away and below him.

Grinning from ear to ear, the mercenary sighted in on the blue armor clad Mandalorian and eased back the trigger of his disruptor rifle.

[member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Seo Linn"]

###

Sensing the Jedi's rage, Gaurav knew what was coming, he just didn't know how it would happen. Would it be the lightsaber that the man swung purposefully close to his neck, or would it be the invisible grip closing in around his heart?

No matter what the Jedi chose to do, Gaurav would not try to stop him in anyway. Death was preferable to the reprimand he would get from his colleagues when they learned of his shameful defeat.

He began slipping out of consciousness as the Jedi began tightening the grip on his heart. Once he gave in to the darkness ebbing in on the edge of his vision, he knew he wouldn't be coming back, but before he resigned to his fate he had a question for the man who would kill him.

"What.. is driving you... Jedi?"

[member="Ronin Wendigo"]

Mereel felt a wave of relief wash over him when he saw Seo's eyes pop open. It appeared that the stim shot had had its intended effect. It was hardly time to celebrate, but knowing that she wasn't going to be slipping out of consciousness forever anytime soon brought a rather large smile to his face.

"That glare is a sight for sore eyes."

Giving her a simple nod of the helmet when she answered his question, his relief was refreshed. He was glad she had gotten the point of what he was asking. He had been fishing to see if the other Jedi back there still considered her to be his girlfriend, and in a way he had also been inquiring as to whether or not she still thought of him romantically.

"Alright. I think I'll keep on my toes though. Just in case he doesn't feel quite the same way about your relationship."

Still slowly walking them in the direction Ronin had said to go, Mereel slung his rifle over his back. "Was your back injured? If not it'd be much easier for me to actually physically carry you. Plus I don't want you building an immunity to -"

Before he finished his sentence, the red beam of a disruptor rifle slammed into the bottom left corner of his helmet's visor. Without saying a word, Mereel's form twisted as he fell to his knees and his metallic hand slammed into the ground. He was no longer facing Seo for her to see what the beam had done to him, but if she was thinking rationally she could figure out he was fine since he was able to levitate her down to the ground instead of unceremoniously dropping her.

[member="Seo Linn"]

Not entirely in the greatest of mindsets, Seo did give him a tiny smile when he commented on her glare. As much as she disliked the Force being used on her in such a manner, there was a need for it. She also wasn't in any fighting condition at the moment with her head swimming almost constantly. The pain also didn't help her mood.

Lifting an eyebrow at his comment about staying on his toes, she was glad her small barrier was still in place. While Mereel was in the process of asking about any further hurt, he was shot. Sadly it failed in doing its job and broke right away. If Seo would have had more energy and breath, she would have let an irritated curse out at her failure to keep Mereel from getting hit.

When his hand slammed into the ground, the rifle he had been holding was dropped. Luckily it landed close enough to Seo for her to pick up. Injured as she was, she was still a fighter. Out of any weapon, she was most familiar with a rifle. Even more than her own lightsaber. On Lorrd one had to be well versed in how to shoot and it was something she had worked on in her life.

Raising it, she had seen where the shot had come from. A man still stood aiming his own gun at them. He was above them and about thirty meters away. Unless the mercenary fired again before her own shot went off, she fired the rifle as soon as she had it on her shoulder. Firing off only one shot, the recoil from it knocked her shoulder back and caused her head to partially hit the ground again. Letting out a groan of pain, that stim Mereel had given her kept her from going out again.

Her hold loosening on the rifle, she didn't drop it, but it wasn't as secure as it had been a moment ago and rested on her chest.

"Did I get him?"

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Mereel's eyes went wide as the sound of his own blaster rifle rang out from behind him, and he quickly propelled himself up from his kneel with his hand. Starting to look over his shoulder, his head quickly snapped back forward as his eyes tracked a streak of azure all the way to its final resting place, right between the mercenary's eyes.

He waited until the mercenary's body had finished falling over the watchtower's railing before he answered her. "Mhmm.. Lucky shot."

Pulling his Lucky Seven blaster pistol from its holster, he turned back around to face her. Seeing her holding his rifle took him aback to Lorrd and put a smile on his face. A smile that she would be able to see half of, since the bottom left corner of his helmet had been disintegrated by the disruptor.

"Hold onto that for me until we get back to the ship, would you?"

Walking over to her, he knelt down by her side. "Is your back injured?"

[member="Seo Linn"]

His answer to her question was good enough, but the look she gave him was rather relaxed. Not feeling at all useless anymore, Seo was becoming herself again. Happy to keep her hold on the rifle, she was a natural to it. That would show in how she held and fired it.

"Luck? I don't think I have much."

Attempting to motion slightly with an eye roll to the back of her head, "it was luck that brought you to me in time though, so maybe I do."

Taking another physical stock of her body, she didn't quite return his smile and had a distant look while she did it. Her gaze coming back to him from where it gone internally, she did smile a little this time.

"No, my back isn't hurt at all. Though I would like to try and walk out on my own...I'm stubborn and this rifle won't do us much good with you carrying me. So uncivilised."

The last part was whispered, but Mereel would be close enough to hear.

[member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Hard Contact"] [member="Ronin Wendigo"]

He didn't actually think her shot had landed solely because of luck. He still remembered how her rifle looked right at home slung over her back on Lorrd, and even now she seemed far more than comfortable shouldering and firing the weapon in her injured state. But since he was also skilled with rifles, he felt obligated to try to maintain the environment of one-upsmanship they had had in the past.

"Alright fine, that was all merit. And don't worry, I'll keep being your luck."

When her eyes went distant and rolled back as she started taking stock of herself, he panicked. His stomach sank and he dropped down to both of his knees. Before he could get his arms under her all the way to carry her to safety, her eyes came back with a smile. Mereel felt his breath return to him, and he let out a heavy sigh.

"Ok, A. you just made my heart stop with that. And B.There's no way you're walking on your own if you let me continiously use telekenisis on you. You're just going to have to settle for my rifle. Which, for something so uncivilized, you're quite good at using."

Mereel put a hand under her legs and his other arm under her back. Lifting her off of the ground, he resumed walking them towards where Ronin said his ship was. He hoped that Ronin was on their heels, otherwise he might resort to cutting open the man's ship with Seo's lightsaber to get her to a medbay.

"I promise I'll turn you around if someone starts shooting at my back, you'll find I make for excellent cover. Won't let a single bolt hit you."

[member="Seo Linn"] [member="Ronin Wendigo"]

If she felt any better, she would have laughed at his merit comment.

"We're going to need to have a shooting contest sometime. Prove which of us is the better shot with the rifle. When my head is healed."

Not having given any thought to how he would react when she did the self diagnosis, she gave Mereel as much of an apologetic look as she could manage in the situation. Wanting to walk out and not be carried, Seo did not resist when he picked her up. Having to take his word on it that if somebody started shooting again, a clear shot would be given to her to take.

No...that's not what he said, her mind jumbled the meaning of his words together and she gave him a dirty look.

"I'm not helpless..."

Aargonar​
Ushering the Dark Jedi into the afterlife and seeking her out...
It was then as he felt and sense the ebbing tide of life from the dark Jedi wane then slightly recover. With every minute movement of his hands at which time seem time stood still and all but the sensation as much the realization came into view. That at that time a life hung in the balance ... that at that moment a faint glint of clarity came to mind. Of which in the back his mind a faint voice could be heard... along with a choice. Where in on one hand he could choose to end or spare him....which all but cause him to pause. Just as seem to take his cue the dark jedi spoke in a voice all but taunting as much it was haunting

"What.. is driving you... Jedi?"

To which seem to snap back to reality his gaze turn towards him in response.

"Nothing drives me as much as the thought.....though the darkness may not end in your passing its a start."

And with that, he ends him before moving off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom