Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Damsel in Distress: Unlikely friends.

Equipment
: Lightsaber, Wrist grapple, Butterfly blades, two on either side of her belt and one in her sock.
Armour: Stealth suit (Style)
Tags: Ryv Ryv
#50C878
---------------------------------------------

There were times when Daphne loved to be alone. She loved her own company and she loved to get her work done without someone else to get in the way.

Today was not that day.

It had been a simple plan.... Make the deal, assist them in their heist, get back, swap the items for information and murder them all.
Simple right? NOPE. When she brought back the jewels they brought more friends, seemed to think her on her own was something to be worried about. Maybe they thought she was rat them out. So in what should have been a deal turned into Daphne getting beaten, gagged and thrown in a small case till they could get rid of her where no one would come looking.
She had been lucky. Lucky enough to be able to dislocate her limbs at will. Which she did, with her thumb, then her shoulder.... The problem was she didn't have time to relocate them as she heard them coming back.

She would use some of the remaining strength she had to force push the case that confined her, bursting through it she would sprint off. Holding her arm as it hang limply at her side, everything hurt. She was badly hurt, possible broken ribs, her lips were bleeding at the corner, her cheek swelling with purple anger, even marks around her neck were already appearing with black furious welts.
As she ran someone spotted her. She could hear 3 sets of boots following her as she struggled for all she had through the sharp corners and dark alleyways of the shit part of town.
It wasn't long till her lungs burned with need, and her wounds took their toll.

She found herself in a dead end.... of course... nothing could go right today at all. She turned back to them... her body backing up to the wall behind her. She wouldn't beg for them to stop, if this was it. At least she had dignity. She'd spit blood as they crowded her, moving in to wail punches on her again, quickly forcing her to the ground.

• Love
Reactions: Ryv
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Being a Jedi trapped in sith-imperial territory might be the second worst-case scenario, right after being a Jedi in a sith-imperial prison. Since escaping the Beast on Concordia, Ryv managed to catch a ride out of the empire's space to neutral territory. After reaching the borders between the Silver Jedi Order and the Sith Empire, a group of inquisitors caught up to the Jedi and dragged him back to Dromuund Kaas. Narrowly escaping his captors, he fled into the city and kept to himself for several days, waiting for everything to die down. The day had finally come for the Jedi to find someone willing to transport him off the cursed planet to a safer environment. Halfway across Kaas City to catch a speeder to the starport, he witnessed what appeared like a rather blatant kidnapping, as a random woman blew out of a building and dashed away from it, followed by a suspicious-looking group.

"Man, I don't even have time for this," Ryv muttered to himself as he looked at a small holo device. The port closed in less than an hour, meaning he'd have to risk another day on the wretched planet. With a heavy sigh, he dashed into the alley after the two parties. It twisted and turned for several blocks only to come to a dead-end. As he slid around the corner, Daphne's assailants had already set into her, kicking and punching at her battered body. Without thinking further, the Jedi cleared his throat. "Hey boys," he lifted a hand and gripped one with a thought. He pulled him through the air before locking neatly in place, the airborne body vibrating a bit as the force held him. "This seems like an unfair fight," he then lifted a fierce-looking lightsaber hilt from his side and smashed it into the floating man's temple. Once Ryv released his focus on the floating thug, his body carried on forward as if it never stopped moving, sliding across the asphalt into an unconscious heap.

Seeing the lone man wielding a lightsaber, the two largest of the group pulled out a pair of vibroblades, about the size of a boot knife, and rushed him. The other three drew out blaster pistols and opened fire. Ryv nodded, impressed by the precision the group applied in taking on their mysterious foe. He stepped into the line of sight with one of the rear gunmen, baiting out an opening before activating his lightsaber. An angry red glow radiated from the smiling kiffar as he deflected the loose bolt into one of the charing men's knees. As he stumbled forward, Ryv planted his boot into the thug's face and stomped him back and into the floor. His blade fleshed out to his left, deflecting another incoming shot to disarm his attacker, before colliding with the oncoming vibroblade. With his foe's weapon parried aside, Ryv sent a wave of telekinetic energy crashing over the man. It lifted him and sent him soaring back, his body slamming into the wall with a sickening crunch.

The Jedi blocked each shot sent his way by the last two gunmen, his blade work more than enough to deal with them. He reached out, yanking each of their weapons from their grasps before sending them back spiraling into their heads. One grunted, and the other remained silent on impact, but both fell unconscious to the floor. The last of the trio ran off, nursing a battered hand.

"Haha, a bunch of idiots," Ryv stepped up beside Daphne's battered form and knelt, a gloved hand moving to brush loose strands of hair from her face. "Tsk, tsk, I couldn't imagine why these folks thought this would end well for them," his arms slid beneath her as he lifted her bridal style, moving to the mouth of the alleyway slowly. Taking a quick look around, he dashed across the street, his body a dark blur in the night. "Just hold on, miss, just gotta get you somewhere safe before I can take care of this," he smiled down at her before shifting his attention to the streets in front of him. Taking every side street and alleyway he could, Ryv worked his way back to the apartment he'd been squatting in for the last several days.

Once inside, he lowered the wounded woman onto the patchwork pile of blankets, clothing, and towels he put together to act as a bed. Over the next hour, Ryv worked to treat each wound in turn, to the best of his ability. He was lucky enough to of caught them at the beginning of the assault, leaving most of the wounds superficial. He disinfected and wrapped what he could before settling down beside her, back pressed against the wall.

"I guess I'll wait for you to wake up before I put that shoulder of yours back in place," he said softly, allowing his head to fall back against the wall. "I'd hate to wake up to that."

Last edited:
Equipment
: Lightsaber, Wrist grapple, Butterfly blades, two on either side of her belt and one in her sock.
#50C878

The last thing she saw. Was a kind face, the moment the kicks stopped her head turned dark,
In her dreams she could hear the sounds of fighting, and at the edge of her mind a face. The face she saw. She'd seen it splattered everywhere, posters, and magazines.... She could feel her own confusion in her mind as it tried to make sense of it all.
Then the anger started to boil, at herself, for being so weak, to have needed saving, for falling into a pathetic trap.

By the time her sleep started to turn fitful it had been hours.
Her mind starting to force itself awake, reminding her she was unsafe,screaming at her now to get up and run.
Her eyes would open with a flash and she'd be moving, forgetting her arm was dislocated she'd try to use it as she moved to her feet... only to flop like a lamb trying to walk for the first time.
She'd hiss at herself as pain surged through her, her shoulder and ribs hitting the floor, made certain she was awake.
The next time she tried to get up she would be slower, breathing through the paint as she looked at herself..... she was patched up... she had covers on her wounds...
She blinked a few times before turning her head now laying eyes on the other person in the room.... First the look of confusion.... then panic.
She'd shuffle back from him as she looked to him with wide, brilliant eyes. One was bright green and the other kept switching colours clearly the implant in her eye to hide the colour was malfunctioning while the other was flat out busted.

"Y..You... You aren't real...." She'd saying her head moving as she examined him. " Your the boy from the magazines... why am I hallucinating you, who are you?...... Whoever you are....thank you, Darling, I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't arrived." She'd ask as her panic slowly subsided and she sighed softly, flicking back her hair before her hand would go to her shoulder. She was sure he wasn't real or at least his face wasn't, so decided it was time to wake herself up... her hand would go to her shoulder, From the kicking in she took, she could feel the swelling in her joint but would start to roughly shove her arm back in anyway, almost in a way that seemed to be beating herself up.

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Meditation proved itself a staunch ally in the months Ryv spent locked away in an imperial prison camp. Between the beatings received at the hands of more aggressive Mandalorians and the torture from a senile Sith Lord, he needed an escape from it all. Falling into the force and entrusting himself to its tender embrace allowed him to weather the storm of pain that crashed upon him. In these silent moments, he found himself falling inwards once again—his mindscape since his escape appeared as a raging storm surrounding a small island. The clouds above as dark as shadow, rain, and lightning beating downward to assault the island. In the center of it all sat Ryv, his forearms resting across his thighs. His eyes peered out at the storm, sighing weakly. He knew he had to break through the outskirts soon, seeking whatever within his being corrupted his quiet place and remove it. The kiffar stood and moved forward, his hand inches away from breaking through the storm before his mind snapped back to reality.

Daphne's erratic movements brought him to. He focused on the woman and inched closer, trying to gently take hold of her good arm before she could struggle up, only to fail. As pain coursed through her, he raised his hands and waved them back and forth, doing his best to show he meant her no harm. Hopping up to his feet, Ryv turned and moved into the kitchen. After a moment, he returned with a tray of sliced fruits and a glass of crystal-clear water. He set them down and took a seat beside the patchwork bedding.

"Hey, hey, hey, relax," Ryv smiled softly and gently scooted the plate and glass closer to her. "I'm not gonna hurt you, I uh- oh, yeah, I'm the guy from the magazine," as her hand move closer to her bad shoulder he visibly winced. "Hey, no, stop, don't do that," his hands slid forward, one on the back of her's and the other on the shoulder. "Listen, I'm Ryv, it's nice to meet you, but let me help you with that. You're only making it worse and it's going to make the long term healing much worse for ye," he pleaded softly. Each hand moved to the proper place before he braced himself, anchoring against the nearby wall. "Deep breaths, okay? On three, on-" he'd immediately force the shoulder back in place, not even getting past the first number in the countdown. "Boom, mostly back to normal," he spoke more to himself in that instant, admiring his handiwork. "There you are."

Ryv hopped back up to his feet, dusting his hands, one gloved the other not, off. A facial tattoo adorned the space beneath his left eye, its color crimson. A lightsaber hilt, Sith by design, hung at his belt. To top it all off, an odd-looking leather jacket hung over his upper body. All in all, he seemed like an odd amalgamation of sorts.

"I gotta ask, miss, what the hell happened to get you jumped by that group of thugs?"

Last edited:
While Daphne was focused enough and calm enough to speak it didn't mean she trusted him and when he moved she'd scurry backwards... only stopping when he brought her food, stopping to stare at him for the moments as he got close to her.
She eyed him curiously as he spoke, and his acts of kindness had seemed to have left her speechless and kept her still now, long enough to let his hands on her. For a moment she physically flinched at his touch, not just the pain but expecting him to raise a hand to her... but she stayed.
Her mouth shut and her eyes on him, she took a sharp inhale as he readied to pop her arm back in, but when the pain seared through her like lightening she tensed and chewed hard on her bottom lip, letting the waves of pain run its course. Normally someone would scream or even whimper in pain but she sat silently for a moment as he inspected her arm. It was painful to move still, but she could now which was the important part.

She didn't say anything at first but her eyes would fall on the glass of water he had brought her and with her good hand she would lift it and hold it out to him. A suspicious look on her face was her way of asking him to test it first... Once he drank it though she would down the rest desperately gasping after finally quenching the dryness of her mouth.
She wouldn't touch the food yet but she would get comfortable in the little makeshift bed before licking her lips.

"...I..I got unlucky I guess...Deal went wrong... my friends aren't good people, Darling. It's what happens when you try to improve your station." She would say simply, it was easy for her to lie because it was the truth, her friends were bad people, but they weren't her friends and next time she saw them they wouldn't be alive either.... and she was trying to improve her station, the current lack of information one... " You said your name was Ryn... are you a doctor or something?...Why did you stop to help me, you don't know me, you don't owe me anything, why put yourself in danger.... not that I am ungrateful..." She was staring at him like she couldn't understand why he was being nice to her, did he want something?... " You aren't going to try sell me are you, Darling? Because they will bring me back in an hour, I can tell you that." She'd ask her green eye flaring with a slight glow as she seemed to look over him now, spotting his weapon and seeing it was sith origin.

"You're sith?" She'd ask slowly, he didn't seem like it, and she would know, her light saber was back on her ship having to go unarmed to the meet, though she still didn't. She would look down at her own belt, a few blades were missing that she used and her grenades had been taken on capture. All she had left was a simple dagger that was in her sock. She didn't reach for it yet though, something told her to stay calm and to see what he had to say. Curiosity might kill the cat, but satisfaction brought it back after all.

Ryv Ryv

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Bad folks and a bad deal, huh? Yeah, never works out for anyone I'd imagine," Ryv spoke before picking up a slice of fruit and plopping it into his mouth. A sour flavor assaulted his mouth before shifting into something sweet, overwhelming the initial taste. The contrast left him confused more than anything, but he swallowed it without complaining. Beggars can't be choosers. "Yeah, I'm Ryv, and no, I'm not a doctor. I'm just a dude that helps people when they need help, I guess," he shrugged his shoulders and returned to his position against the wall, arms resting on his knees. Going out of his way in the manner he did would stir up far more trouble, given his use of the force on a Sith aligned planet. If the people he'd beaten in that alleyway were not already dead in a ditch somewhere, the agents of the empire more than likely had them in their sights.

"Sell you? Nah, I'm more of a free peoples type of guy, the whole slavery thing and bounty hunting is dangerous business. The type I prefer staying away from," he spoke casually, as if he'd known Daphne for several years already, rather than a handful of hours. It helped keep the lie plausible, as much as he hated doing it. "Like I said, not a big fan of danger. I'm not really a Sith, just a guy who got lucky and killed one when I needed to, chose to keep the saber for a prize. You wouldn't believe how many people turn tail and run when they see someone whipping out a shining red glowstick," his sentence ended in a laugh and mirthful grin. "You got a way off this rock, miss? I can probably get you to your ship tomorrow morning. Let the heat die down, give you an evening of rest. I've got the credits for a speeder trip across the jungle between here and there. Hell, maybe I can even tag along with you, this place sucks."

Not everyone cared for things like life debts, Ryv included, but paying back a favor? People hated being indebted to others. Getting the kiffar off the planet and somewhere in neutral space would probably be the most straightforward task of Daphne's life, or so he assumed, given the nature of her struggle hours earlier.

"If not, that's cool. I can figure something else out, just trying to get out of Kaas City."

Daphne would stare at him. Blinking. She was quite legitimately stunned by this boy. She would soon move to her knees, crawling for a moment over the small space between them, peering at him she would raise a hand before her finger would poke at him. First at his nose, feeling it was squishy, then at his biceps seeing that they were fleshy and warm before her hand would move to his chest, spaying out her fingers she would place her hand where a human heart and her eyes would widen further when she would feel a warm heartbeat.
She'd scramble back, peering at him with a perplexed stare.

"You're a real Kiffar....that's not what I was expecting, Darling. " She would rise up on her knees before plopping back on her butt, her head tilting sideways and her knuckles resting on her cheek like she was trying to figure him out. ".... You must be a foolish creature to help someone you don't even know... one day it'll get you killed." She'd say flatly as her hand went to the fruits. Sticking one in her mouth and tasting the bitter taste but she didn't even react, she had eaten worse...

"You killed a sith?...You must be more skilled than you look....You'd be surprised at how many people turn tails and run at any weapon when you look like you can handle it, Darling."The etchings of a smile now would pull at her lips. She was listening and soaking up everything she could about him.... it was becoming clear if he figured out what kind of monster she was... well right now he had the big shiny stick, best not let him know. " You can come with me, I have a ship that can get us both of us out of this hell hole... I suppose I owe you that much, though we may have to deal with a few friends of mine, it's parked in their hide out, they won't know how to get inside but they will be very very angry that I'm still breathing." She'd smile a little more that she would get a round two against them, they caught her out last time they wouldn't this time.

She would fold her legs as her hands would start to check over the wounds he had dealt with, of course her ribs still throbbed with pain but she made no hint to it as her fingers ran across them. She knew there were bruises under her suit.... but she wasn't about to give the boy a nose bleed by trying to look at them.
" Thank you...by the way..." She would say softly as she would sit back now.
"So you're a model...How does a pretty thing like you end up here?...You clearly don't want to be, Darling?"

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv remained still, eyeing her as she took her time to explore the possibility he may not be real. Interrupting her would probably serve no purpose aside from scaring her and slowing what build up they'd already managed. So, he sat and waited for her to conclude the truth behind his legitimacy. Once finished, he chuckled softly and raised a hand, shoving his hair back and out of his face. How did he even answer any of these questions or statements? Daphne lacked any sense of trust for others, likely from some dangerous or abusive upbringing. It made sense for how she behaved, but approaching it would only serve to make her suspicious. With a faint shrug, he lifted his hands to his hair and tied it back to keep out of his face.

"Yeah, I'm real. And you aren't the first person to tell me doing the right things is gonna get me killed," he took the shared cup and gulped down a sip before returning it to the place between them. "You might even be right. It doesn't matter at the end of the day. If I give up and stop doing right, that means people caught unsuspecting, like you, will end up dead in alleyways across the galaxy. And I'm not about that at all," his hands clasped together behind his head as he reclined back. "Besides, you're willing to help me, and who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line, you'll remember this and help someone else who needs you. A single spark of good, slowly spreading throughout the galaxy can ignite an entire movement," a toothy grin adorned his face at the pause.

"Yeah, I uh-" Ryv paused and looked down at the lightsaber, considering his words carefully. How much could he trust her? Would she turn around and sell him out at the first opportunity for credits if he revealed his part in everything that happened on Concord Dawn? "Yeah, a khaleesh Sith Lord on Concord Dawn began experimenting on the Mandalorian populace. I ended up there purely by chance, I think, so he took the opportunity to torture and experiment on me too," he motioned to the facial scar running up his right cheek while rolling up his sleeves. Dozens of fresh scars raced up his arms, all done by different instruments of torture. "Put him down before escaping the moon and disappearing into Sith space. I'm sure the empire ain't too happy about it, but it's not my problem anymore. Lot of good folks got out of there and are hopefully on the way to their families."

He took another fruit and chewed on it slowly, growing accustomed to the contrasting flavors. "Not gonna lie, these taste better the more of them you eat, I think," he downed it with another sip of water before his cheeks flushed a tad. "Ah, haha, well uh-" he stumbled a bit over each word as he searched for an answer. "Inquisitors dragged me here, intended on turning me over to one of the various Sith. I wound up escaping and disappearing into the city. If you really can get me outta here, I'm super down to help you get your ship and go."

Daphne would sigh softly shaking her head. People like her should probably be left to die in alleyways, she thought to herself.
Still his hope that she will help someone in the future just make her give him a smile. It was bright and sweet but she knew how to fake a smile. She knew it was unlikely she would ever help anyone unless it aided her.
"You are very optimistic about the power of a single good act." She would say softly her eyes casting down to her hands as she looked over the bandages and traced her knuckles with her fingers.

Daphne would only look when he moved, her eyes looking over the scars he showed her. She knew from experience those were painful, those took time to heal and from the look of it he was only telling her the lightest version of what he had seen. And then her brows would frown for a second. A small swelling in the pit of her chest. Rage. Hot and sharp. She knew how much she wanted to lash out at the deWinters for being the cause of her pain.... she wondered if he did too.... Yet he didn't seem to.
"....If the Sith know where to find them.... they won't last long." She would say bluntly as she wrapped her arms around herself and curled into the ragged blankets as her body started to feel a chill, but her right hand would move to the high collar of her suit, unzipping just enough to show her collar bone, showing the tattered skin, that clearly went further than what she showed, her eyes looked away from herself as she spoke
"I understand you, Darling.... what you feel....sort of. It's the main reason I'm on the hell hole." She would say before zipping up again before she moved her hair the side like she was adding more coverage to her marks.

She didn't move to take anything more to eat or drink. "I'll take your word for it, Darling." She would smirk softly chewing at her bottom lip as she watched his cheeks pink, her shoulders would subtly shaking as she stifled her laugh.
"You seem unused to being called pretty? I'm surprised." She'd wrap a blanket around her shoulders before tilting her head at him. " Well it seems for now we are a pair interested in the same thing. But all I will need for you to do tomorrow is watch my back... I can take care of them." She would say with a confident smile returning to her lips.... Yes she was beaten and batters and still rather injured but that wasn't going to stop her. The bonus of crazy was the excess determination when it came to murder and revenge.....
She would nod her head at the water before leaning back against the wall and closing her eyes.
"I promise next time we share a drink, it'll taste much better than this.... I might even buy you one for saving me."

Ryv Ryv

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv eyed the ruined flesh of her collarbone, wincing as he imaged what could've inflicted such a wound. His earlier guess about Daphne had proven true, at least to some extent. Something happened to cause her to distrust others, even those who had gone out of their way to help. Seeing the wound, he couldn't blame her. Not everyone could forgive and move on. So many held onto hatred, allowing it to guide them and rule their lives. While his affinity for force empathy did not pick anything up outright, he could see more from her body language and choice of wording than the force could likely provide him. The woman before him needed help. She needed a gentle hand to guide her to warmth and safety. She needed off this planet. Fortunately, the conversation shifted away from the emotion of it all and focused on his embarrassment.

"I mean, I know I'm decent looking, yeah. Most folks just don't go out of their way to compliment me," Ryv chuckled a bit as he spoke. He tilted his head to the side, offering a beaming smile to Daphne. "I'll have your back; you don't have to worry about that. I can handle myself, I guess, so I'll make sure we get out of there in one piece," he stood up, dusting his hands off as he went. "I think you should get some rest. You've got a few too many bruises to stay up through the night and run into a fight tomorrow," he looked past her to the boarded-up window then the door. He moved across the room and hopped up on the counter.

"I can keep an eye on everything around our base of operations," the kiffar said before laying out across the counter, chin propped up in his palm. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, allowing himself to fall within the force once again. He expanded his senses outward, allowing his perception to fall over the building, searching for a disturbance in their immediate surroundings. "The bed isn't super comfortable, but it'll probably do well enough for a night. Plus, that blanket on top is entirely new. I purchased it a couple of days ago," he opened his eyes and smiled once more.

Equipment: Lightsaber, Wrist grapple, Butterfly blades, two on either side of her belt and one in her sock.
#50C878

Daphne would curl herself into the sheets of the bed, curling like a cat with the blanket coiled around her torso and curling around her legs leaving them free. The ring of metal could be hear as she would pull two daggers from her thighs holding one in each hand as she nestled down.
Her weapons were her comfort, the familiar weight and chill of the metal soothing her enough to close her eyes.
With one eye half opened she would look to him with a gentle smirk.

"Don't worry, Darling, I'm sure I can find more things to make you blush..." She'd close her eyes now rolling her back as she let herself relax her back crackling as she moved before she would shrug. "It's comfier than where I normally sleep...." She would say curling her face into the blanket. " Just know.....yawns you aren't getting this back..." She would say sleepily as she would let herself be dragged into a fitful sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

With dawn still an hour away, Daphne would jerk awake, in a cold sweat and aching body. She had shot up with her blades ready to fight someone who wasn't even there....
She would keep quiet but she would move, giving herself a brief check over, seeing what hurt and testing the strength in her hand before she would slip from the bed, tying the small blanket like a sash around her tight waist, and gathering the remains of the fruit they had.... She had faith she would get her ship back.... but you never know. She would make sure they had everything before she would take a place by the window to wait for him to rise.... She wasn't someone to steal another dreams if she could help it.

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
As Daphne drew out her two knives, Ryv rolled onto his back and propped his head up in his hands. He looked up at the room's ceiling, his gaze tracking the crackles that stretched across the old plaster. One of his legs hung off the counter, lazily kicking back and forth, as the other stretched out in full. He understood the sense of comfort that flooded her at the touch of her weapons. It wasn't too different from the feeling his father's lightsaber brought him before it went missing. He subconsciously shifted his hips, hoping to feel the familiar jangle of the weapon against his side. Instead, a dead Sith's weapon poked him. Her words shook him from his lament, resulting in a short chuckle from the kiffar.

"You can keep it. It's just a blanket," Ryv closed his eyes once more and fell into his meditation. His training with the Jedi taught him many useful skills. One such ability, finding rest and rejuvenation through meditation, had proven the most useful since his escape from the Beast. His mind drifted elsewhere over the silent hours. He wanted to return home to Peace, see his friends again, and resume his Jedi training. Seeing the Sith in action on the battlefield was one thing, but the way they paraded themselves as higher beings besides the masses strengthened his resolve to see the Empire's fall.

With dawn slowly approaching, Ryv slung his legs over the counter and hopped up. He walked across the apartment to the washroom and went through a simple morning routine, taking a quick shower to be somewhat presentable. Once finished, he strode into the kitchen, tying his hair back along the way, before cracking open the refrigerator. The door swung open, and he reached inside to the two remaining fruits he purchased a few days prior. He set them atop the counter, washed his hands, and went to work at slicing them.

"Not a very good sleeper, huh?" Ryv asked as he stepped over to her, extending a hand to offer a plate of the fruit. "This is the last of what I managed to purchase, but I think its worth it. Breakfast is a pretty important meal, especially when you're likely gonna take on a group of thugs to escape this hellhole."

Last edited:
Equipment: Lightsaber, Wrist grapple, Butterfly blades, two on either side of her belt and one in her sock.
#50C878

The sithling would be rather still and rather quiet as she waited.
When he woke she would listen for his movements but would stay put till he was ready. When he rejoined her she would simply shake her head.
"Sleep and I have agreed to see other people.... I normally have other things to fill my nights." She would smile looking him up and down suggestively. Though in her head she meant she was normally on mission killing and gathering information... but she wasn't going to tell him that.
She would look hesitantly at the plate of food again.... for her food was a reward and she had done nothing to earn this... so she would raise her hand. "You need this more than I do... I'm not hungry." She would lie slickly before smiling at him giving him a sparkle of her brilliant green eyes. " Besides, I don't want to spoil our dinner tonight.... If we survive this. It'll be my treat.." She'd roll her shoulders before slinking to her feet again and stretching out. " I wanna get outa here soon, the guards there will be switching over soon so it'll be a good time to get past them." She'd say simply as she would run her fingers through her mane of hair. " The base we are going is about a mile and a half from where you found me... my ship should still be in their barracks as they won't have been able to move it... without it shooting them first... oh that reminds me." She would roll up her sleeve, revealing the pale scarred skin before pulling out her blade and slashing a small gash into her arm before moping the blood with her fingers. "Come'er... you'll want my dna on you or you won't be allowed on my ship.... your choice, forehead or chest? So long as it can scan you, you'll be fine." She would stare at him like this was completely normal, she hadn't even flinched as she cut herself and now make no fuss over the red that down ran down her arm.

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Alrighty, then, suit yourself," Ryv shrugged and set one of the plates onto the counter. Daphne's suggestive actions went entirely over his head, with the young Jedi assuming she precisely what she kept close to the heart, that being mission work. He snacked on the fruit as she spoke, nodding along to the various things said. Dinner her treat? Hell yes! He couldn't remember the last time he had food that wasn't cheap and from a street vendor. Getting to sit down for a real meal would be a great way to wrap up an adventure. Her mention of guards shook him from idle thoughts. As much as he enjoyed messing around, their lives were on the line.

"I'm not worried about the guards, gotta be honest with you. If they're anything like the guys I scrapped with before we'll be alright," Ryv set the plate down and crossed his arms. None of the thugs from the previous day were anything special. As long as surprises stuck to a minimum, the kiffar could handle it. Unfortunately, an immediate surprise caught him unawares, showing clearly on his face the moment his eyes widened. As the blade sliced through Daphne's flesh, Ryv watched the blood trickle out. He wasn't any more uncomfortable than the next person around blood, but the sight of it always left him feeling a little queasy—too many bad memories.

"If you say so," Ryv answered, reaching out to smear the blood across his bare hand. He took his second glove out from his belt and slid it over his hand. "Should keep everything in place while I need it there, so uh," he looked to the door. "Lead the way, I guess."

#50C878

Daphne would nod to him. Once he had smeared the blood on him she knew he would be safe atleast. She would take to her feet with only her knives to fight with but this time she knew what she was in for. She would take her arm wanting to lick clean the mess.... but seeing how he reacted to her cutting herself she chose best not and simply rolled down her sleeve.

She would take the lead now.... but would realize she had no idea where they were as she had been brought here knocked out.... She would look to her wrist pressing to hone in on her ship, which wasn't too far from them and from there she would stare to take the lead. Skipping down the stairs to the ground floor she would swing her blades in her hands as she skipped on her excitement starting to flow through her.
The killing time was about to begin.
"
Keep close, Darling, I don't wanna lose sight of you." She'd giggle and wink at him as she twirled her blade again.
----------

They swapped for credits for a speeder to take them where they needed to.
Traveling was hot and rather long but having set off early meant they missed the true heat of the sun.
Back in the mist of the city where he had found her she would lead him to an old ship building factory, outside stood two guards but there were a few here in there, around 10 in total.
Daphne felt her blood boil as she watched them crowding around her ship trying to figure how to get inside of it.
She wasn't waiting for a plan, she had one.... kill them all.

She would stride towards the gate and her arm would raise. She knew she hadn't exactly told Ryv Ryv what she was but it was safer for him not to know but now she needed her strength.
She would command the force and with violent speed the gate would split open and bend backwards opening for them, the sound alone enough to say they were there as metal screamed as it moved and coiled around the guards confining them tightly in metal that embedded into their skin.
Daphne would call out loudly.

"I'MMM BACK MY DARLINGS!.....and I brought a friend..... who's wanting to die first...." She'd grin as the green of her eyes glowed with brilliant rage as she moved, her body twisting like a snake as she dodge the heavy incoming fire and got up close to the closest one.
"I guess you do!"
Her leg would soar, her boot meeting his nose, spewing blood as the impact took his teeth out with it. Her hand's would take his gun turning it against the man next to him but instead of firing it she would throw it like a javelin impaling him through the stomach.
This men had betrayed her, they used her and tried to kill her.... she had no mercy for them.

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Before departing the abandoned apartment, Ryv collected his belongings from a side room. He threw a nondescript gray cloak over his shoulders, allowing it to hang over his body as they made their way through the city streets. Most avoided them due to the sight of a lightsaber hanging from his belt. It meant a more leisurely trip for both of them, and who could complain about an easier time getting through Dromuund Kaas of all places? By the time they arrived at the rental stand for speeders, the kiffar was tired of walking. The trip wasn't difficult, given he was in good shape from his training and time on the run, but it was boring and left him seeking something to do. The sight of speeder bikes in the approaching lot brought a grin to his face. As they stepped up, he pointed towards one of the bikes lining the road.

"We'll take one of the bikes, boss," Ryv stepped towards it and began tying his bag to its side.

"Are you sure you do not want one of our luxurious speeders, sir? I assure you, for you and your companion, it will prove far more efficient," the human vendor spoke with a forced accent, likely as a means of fitting in with the inhabitants of the rainy system.

"Nah, man, the bike will do," Ryv tossed him a credit chip and threw his leg over the bike. He waited for Daphne to take a seat behind him before activating the speeder bike. "We're gonna leave this outside of the spaceport for you to collect," he kicked the bike in gear and shot into the air. The Jedi looked over his shoulder and gave Daphne a wink. "Hang on; this is gonna be one hell of a ride."

The ascended dozens of meters into the air till they were level with the rest of the traffic. However, Ryv did not fall in any specific lane, choosing to instead fly free of the lines of vehicles. He steered the bike towards a narrow alleyway, shooting between the two buildings at a speed far above the city limitations. Whether by his skill as a pilot or a Jedi, he navigated a series of narrow alleyways no wider than four meters as if they were open air-lanes. As they approached the city wall, Ryv pulled back on the throttle and gunned the bike forward, rocketing towards the wall at a speed that brought tears to their eyes. At the last second, he kicked the bike into a different gear, slowing their pace just enough, so instead of colliding with the wall, he could tug back on the controls and begin flying parallel to it.

They blasted over the wall, freefalling towards the earth beneath them. Ryv's expert handling of the bike led them past the tree line and into the jungle surrounding the city. The bike darted between the trees as the storm beat down on them. By the time they reached the spaceport, the omnipresent rain had drenched them both. The kiffar set the bike down and followed Daphne as she led them to the hangar. As she blew open the door, Ryv perked a brow in surprise.

"Can't say I was expecting that," Ryv muttered softly, further surprised as she speared one of the thugs with his blaster. "Oof," he drew his lightsaber and dashed towards a pair taking cover behind what appeared to be cargo. His red bladed saber flashed from right to left, deflecting the incoming blaster fire before he slid to a stop beside them. His weapon flashed out, slicing the guns in two before he pushed out and sent one flying across the room via a wave of telekinetic energy. He took hold of his saber in both hands and glared at the criminal, his rage burning within him. Hesitating for a moment, it allowed Ryv's foe to lash out and score a hit against the young Jedi, bloodying his cheek. The kiffar followed suit and slammed the hilt of his weapon against his foe's temple, dropping him in a single blow.

Equipment
#50C878

Daphne could feel her ribs screaming under her suit. She was using her pain to push herself to hit harder, to move faster.
She spun and force gripped another's throat, yanking him by it to her, before her own head would launch into the mans nose, her hand now thrusting up using a dagger from her hip to puncture into his lungs. With her twist of her blade she would release him, letting him drop to the ground with the gaping wound.
She was getting hot now, her blood boiling as she moved again, this time cartwheeling and using her legs to coil round one of the taller men's throats with her thighs, choking him as her blade was thrown at another forcing him to duck down.
She would use this second to look over to Ryv Ryv , watching him for a moment just in time to see him take a hit. and quite promptly floor the guy... and that really made Daphne wish she had been wake to see him yesterday.... though she would scold him for hesitating...

Feeling herself being grabbed from behind she'd hiss as pain flooded her body as she was tossed to the ground, with fists coming down hard to her face and then her chest she'd cough as the strikes landed hard, her body curling up, her legs tucking and meeting her attackers chest and launching him back off her. She'd roll backwards coming to her knees again, her last dagger in hand as she looked for a week spot.
She'd spit blood before standing slowly again, her smile widening as she'd charge at him again, jumping and knocking her knees to his shoulders as they toppled to the floor again. This time she went for his eyes, his skin and jaw. Tearing what she could rip and bursting the squishy parts as the screams rang out loudly... at least the it just became gargling sounds like his mouth was full of water....
Finished with him she would stand and launch a kick to what was left of his face.
She was covered with red mess, from her hands, her knees, her thighs torso and face, the only part that was her own was the red stream from the corner of her lip.

She knew there were more... but she needed to breath, her ribs had sustains more damage and were greatly effecting her ability and with the pain radiating through her she was struggling to see... She'd look to Ryv Ryv , seeing the one that had ducked from her before now making a move for him as the other's started to crowd him. Daphne would spot the movement and her arm would instinctively launch her blade as the man went to fire a shot at Ryv. The Blade landing square in his throat forcing his eyes to widen and his body to slump.

Ryv Ryv

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Another thug charged up to Ryv, swinging a crude-looking pipe at the Jedi's head. He dropped beneath the wild swing and shot back up, the palm of his free hand slamming into the bottom of the assailant's jaw. Ryv pressed forward and took hold of the thug's head only to drag it down into a rising knee. The unconscious man dropped to the floor, and Ryv slipped past him, batting a blaster bolt back at who shot it, sending a fourth to the ground. He looked towards Daphne, a sense of panic shooting through him at the sight of the woman momentarily being overwhelmed. Her reversal of the situation to overcome her attackers impressed the kiffar, but he could see the fatigue setting in. His body blurred, and he closed the distance between them, taking up a defensive position between her and the remaining thugs.

"Just stay behind me for now, alright? You're not gonna make it off the planet if you keep this up," Ryv said over his shoulder while falling back onto the defensive. The red-bladed saber shifted from one side of the Jedi to the other, easily keeping up with the few remaining attackers. It wasn't until a group of a dozen more rounded the corner did he reconsider their stance out in the open. As they opened fire, Ryv fell inward and focused on the cosmic power flowing all about them. Seeking a proper end to the battle, he shifted his attention above the firing squad to a cargo crane hanging above them. "This is a bad idea, just stand behind me, Daphne."

Ryv suddenly whipped the weapon upward, the saber whirring through the air towards the giant claw. The blaster fire did no falter as the Jedi's weapon left his hand. With a deep breath, he reached out and seemed to take hold of the very space before them. Dozens of the bolts slowed midflight, inching forward, trapped in his stasis field. He narrowed his eyes while focusing on the two feats of power he displayed, up until the weapon sliced through the point in which the claw met the crane, and the giant metallic device fell to the floor below. One thug looked up in time for his eyes to widen in fear before it fell atop them all. Ryv allowed his lightsaber to fall to the floor midway in its flight back to him as he turned, wrapped his arms around Daphne, and tackled her to the floor.

The stream of blaster fire shot forward before Ryv could take the duo to the floor. Two of the bolts slammed into him, one at the shoulder and the other his lower back. He grits his teeth as the thudding impacts bruised his body and seared his flesh. As the rest passed overhead, he rolled off of the bloody and wounded woman, resting on his back with a pained but excited expression.

"Ah man, we did it," the kiffar chuckled and let his head fall to the floor beneath him. "Nice."

Equipment
#50C878

Daphne wasn't happy at all at having to hide behind him, but she had no choice now. the pain was blinding and her world was becoming hazy again. All she could do was mirror him and stick to his back like glue.
"We'll be fine...I ....I just need a minute to catch my breath.... just hold them off and I'll take them out....just a moment." She would say holding her hand to her ribs trying to focus her mind off the pain.
She wanted to keep fighting but he was right, she was in seriously rough shape now it was hard to even focus on the movements of the attackers. She watched him though. The way he moved and the way he handled them. Her eyes were wide in a slight awe of him.
Seeing the crane topple and create a wipe out of their attackers she couldn't help but weakly smile at it, only her smile was short lived as he grabbed her and covered her.
Her body hit the ground hard the weight of him keeping her pressed hard to the ground, her head pounding and her chest burning, being so close to him she felt the shots hit him and for the few seconds an inch of worry swelled in her.

When he rolled from her, she would push herself to her knees again, and her eyes were on him, ignoring her own injuries she would push him over.
"Idiot.... what the hell do you think you were doing?" She would say slightly more irked than usual before she would suddenly stop seeing that his wounds were flesh wounds at best. Her hands would look over him for a moment. "Don't ever do that again!" She would say gruffly as she would give his shoulder a wack, a gentle one by her standards. "My life isn't worth saving..." She would say simply before rolling him back to look at him. She seemed to have a glare in her eyes. She had no one to kill now... her ship was right there, she didn't need him anymore, he was a liability to her.

Her hand would go to his throat and for a second her hand would hold there and she would lean in, hovering over him, her lips an inch from his before she would turn her head, laying her lips to his cheek that had been hurt. He was helpful and she owed him... that was it right? She reassured herself that was the only reason before she would pull away from him, pulling herself to her feet again with a heavy hiss through her teeth before she would start walking again.
"Come on cutie, we should bounce before more of them come." She would start walking holding her side and picking up her blades, one that was stuck in the floor and another that had been stuck in a guys head. She would stagger a little as she walked to her ship a modified A-24 Sleuth.

Once she was in range of it's sensors the ship would come to life, the black ship powering up with bright green hues around the rims and edges and the engines firing up with a dark green glow as the door hissed open.
She would take a moment once she was inside to curse under her breath and lean against a wall. Muttering "
They are going to kill me when they find out..."
She would shuffle into the cockpit, taking her gadget belt off the passenger seat, the belt that held more knives, her grenades and her light saber that didn't have distinct alignment in its design.
"I'm gonna need you to fly....I'm going to need a patch job."

Ryv Ryv

• Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
The Jedi's eyes went wide as Daphne rolled him over onto his stomach and surveyed his wounds. While they most certainly hurt, neither of them were life-threatening. The armorweave bodysuit he favored so much came in handy more times than he could count, this time just being the latest in a long line of glancing lightsaber blows or blaster bolts. When she rolled him back over, his amber gaze met her own. He knew what could come neck. It didn't take a genius to recognize the workings of a Sith. Her darker view on things, the delight she took in the fight, or her ability to strengthen herself from the pain surging through her body. Only the brave or the foolish would allow her hand to inch closer to his neck, but Ryv did not move. He trusted she'd make the right decision, even if her earlier actions proved otherwise.

When Daphne pressed her lips against his cheek, he allowed only the slightest of smiles, one that disappeared quicker than she could pull back. He pushed himself up and hopped onto his feet, dusting himself off as he looked after her. He couldn't give up on others. Some people searching the shadows weren't there by choice, while others were lost and seeking a way out. The kiffar promised many years ago he'd be the beacon to guide those caught in the clutches of darkness out and back to the warmth of the light. Daphne would just be the first of many, he hoped.

"Here, lemme help you," Ryv called as he caught up to her at the foot of the ship. He wrapped an arm around her waist and propped her up with his shoulder to ensure her weight fell on him, rather than her cracked ribs. The moment she tried to move towards the cockpit, Ryv would gently direct her elsewhere. "I don't know who's gonna give you a hard time, Daphne, but I'll be there if you need me. Until then, you're gonna need to rest. Let's get you somewhere comfy. I'll set a course towards somewhere out in neutral space, and come back to treat what you've got going on, alright?" Even though he ended it with a question, it appeared non-negotiable as he searched the ship for the small cot provided for medical purposes and laid her down.

Ryv made his way into the cockpit and took a seat. He ran a hand along the surface of the terminal before beginning to plug in coordinates to the nav-computer. "Jakku should do just fine. Lots of randoms pass through there every day," he muttered to himself before activating the ship. He took hold of the sticks and veered upward, directing it towards the stars. The kiffar ignored the incoming attempts at communication by the imperial soldiers at the spaceport, gunning it into the atmosphere. "And, we're entering hyperspace," he said to no one in particular as he pulled back on the lever. The beautiful blues and whites of the stars stretched past the cockpit as the ship launched into lightspeed. The Jedi pushed himself to his feet and moved back towards his waiting companion.

Entering into the room, the kiffar moved towards the cupboard of medical supplies. Ryv laid claim to a battlefield medkit, some gloves, and a few other tools before moving back to Daphne. He offered her a grin and opened up the container, setting it down beside him.

"So, I'm gonna work through the simple stuff, take care of the nose, and then we're gonna see what I can do to make you a little more comfortable when it comes to your ribs, okay? I set a course for Jakku, where I should be able to grab you some bacta and more bandaging to apply it with. It'll help with the ribs," Ryv explained all this while he began to disinfect cuts and bruises decorating her face. He applied bandages to each of the smaller wounds and peeled back the dirty bandages wrapped around the scars from the previous day. Ryv treated them once more, going so far as to sew up one particularly nasty cut that increased in size and width, before wrapping them all backup.

"That's the easy stuff. I can't do much for the ribs beyond give you a drink," Ryv said softly before reaching into his pack. He pulled out a flask swiped from one of the criminals, and set it in her hand. "With a bit of that in your system, it should feel a tad more numb."

Finally, Ryv undid his cloak and laid it out across her, similar to the blanket from the night before.

"Anything else I can do for ye, Daphne?" Ryv smiled down at her once more and brushed some of the loose strands of hair from her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom