Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Damorian Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
1%20-%20Damorian%20Manufacturing_zps0iq9suls.jpg
Image Source: Star Wars Chaos Request

HOmot9t.jpg

Image Source: Pinterest Search Turret mount
0 Results Searched over 17.443 billion images

Intent: An armament for Ships and vehicles
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Damorian Manufacturing/Saotome Foundry
Model: Ship Mount
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Can be mounted on ships, vehicles and repulsor sleds
Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)

Material:
  • Alusteel
  • Swivel
  • Components
Strengths:
  • Modular Construction: Designed for different sizes as needed. The mount is simple with just a base, the rings and connections designed to connect from weapon to ship or vehicle.
  • Coverage: Half a hemisphere of 180 degrees.
Weakness:
  • The mounts casing of alusteel is not heavily protected. Designed to be a mount you put things on and connect to the ship. Ion weaponry and emp protection are not something in mind and when disabled the turrets mounted on top of it can be locked in place unable to fire.
  • Thin armor casing. The alusteel is slightly stronger then normal durasteel but it is still relying on two moving parts. The inner and outer rings that will allow the mount to stay in place and turn around. Proper maintenance to make sure the rings are unobstructed is important to ensure it continues to work.
Description: Designed as a modular piece of equipment, the turret mount is made to connect and put turrets and launchers onto ships and vehicles. The design is more universal for connection and can convert, hook up and provide the connections for different system of ship and turret. An example would be if you were trying to install TIE blaster cannons on an A-Wing. Instead of jury rigging and making it more in line with an Ugly fighter. The mounts swivel itself is one hemisphere of coverage. The casing and moving parts of the mount are simple, adding to the thing of if it isn't broken and a simple design like two rings built into a stationary mount so that something on top of it can swivel doesn't lead to a lot of large complications. The real things that change its usefulness come from what you mount on it.
Primary Source:

[member="Isis Varida"] - Can you provide some numbers in terms of field of view and firing arc, or perhaps word it more clearly? As it stands now it's very convoluted and non-specific. I think I get what you are saying, but I want you to try and clarify your point of view before I judge.

And by fitting larger guns on smaller ships I assume you mean taking a very big gun that could normally not function on smaller ships and somehow the mount allows it to function? Can you clarify that as well? I'm not really sure how a mount for a weapon would allow this.

Given you want this mass-produced, I don't want any vagueness in some possibly worrisome abilities.

[member="Isis Varida"] - Unfortunately, if I am reading your intent correctly, I cannot in good faith approve a gun mount in any way influencing the ability of a ship to fire a weapon that normally overmatches it's class, no matter the draw back. Either remove the feature, or I am afraid I will recommend this for Denial.

[member="Isis Varida"] - I just noticed this, and I don't know how I didn't, and could swear it wasn't there before your last edit... BUT... You have a 300 degree firing arc, and then a weakness is moderate area of coverage. These two are in bold-faced conflict. Reduce the firing arc a substantial amount, or remove the moderate coverage weakness and replace it with another substantial weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom