Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damascus Cid

SRTJVSq.png

Damascus Cid

FACTION: Confederacy of Independent Systems

SPECIES: Human

SEX: Male

HEIGHT: 6' 2"

WEIGHT: 202 lbs

EYES: Brown

HAIR: Dark Brown

SKIN: Tan

FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

VOICE:

STRENGTHS
  • + Architect - Cid has the ability to mentally breakdown or deconstruct objects he is looking at down to the components and material they're made from. It was a talent encouraged by his old Sith 'friends' (task masters). Sped up diagnosing issues, allowed quick surveys of things they didn't own (or weren't interested in conquering that very moment) for use in their own projects.
  • + Artificer - Likewise, he had a talent for constructing Force-infused items. Not an easy task, but with friends like Cid's at the time you didn't need enemies. With how often his creations got snapped up by some pompous ass, was it any wonder Cid gave them the finger?
  • + Fortitude - After two decades of endless hard labor building and constructing things physically and metaphysically, along with a great deal of footwork, Cid's built up quite the endurance. Might not be the fastest man in the world, but if you need something heavy lifted you won't just get a quick up-and-down show.
  • + Strength - Try pounding metal or scaling cliffs for a while and see how scrawny you stay. Though Cid also works out in his spare time to keep his body in balance. He might not have a planet-sized ego, but when he looks in a mirror it'd be nice not to see only one side of his body looking like a beast.
WEAKNESSES
  • - Challenge Seeker - Not just any ol' nick-knack or floor design will do to get Cid's personal interest. You'll get one of his employees for common or even uncommon items. No, it's the outrageous special orders he's looking for. Something that would take time, talent, and torture to complete.
  • - Blood Stained - Plenty of what he built for Sith got used in ways Cid would like not to think about. Sometimes he still sees one now and again, or hears about one on some planet plagued by it. Not a terribly uplifting feeling knowing they're still out there; doesn't help him sleep at night either.
  • - Wanted: Sith - And then there's probably a bounty on his head. Who knows how wide that net is cast, but no one likes a traitor (deserter). Especially one used to crank out items of power and means to ultimate destruction. Shockingly, Cid won't be inclined to go back if someone comes calling.
  • - Protector - Cid won't protect you from someone calling you 'stupid,' but if you're in danger he'll be there. Nothing like a mountain casually strolling into a fight to give the other guy's a chance to think about the life choices they've made; and how much they like their bones staying in one piece.
APPEARANCE
Tall with a hard body. Damascus Cid is rippling with muscles from hard metal work, and plenty of roughing it by hand and foot. With his frequent outdoor exposure, his skin is often a solid tan and at times even a dark tan. There's been no shortage of times when his physique hasn't gotten Cid mistaken for someone's bodyguard, or someone looking for a fight; even when more often than not all he wants is a drink and to be left out of galactic affairs.

A few minor scars adorn his body, often along his arms, torso, and a few on his legs. Metalworking can be a dangerous business, especially when he likes to do things the 'hard way.' Droids and technology have their place, but there's nothing wrong with the flames of a good furnace licking at you while you toil away.

While hard a work you might find Cid's eyes glued to the job with a fierce intensity. But, when not occupied with the latest creation, perhaps on the street or when a kid runs up to him, there'll be a genuine smile that easily spreads across his face.

BIOGRAPHY
Jaemus. Where it all began. The glorious Sith Empire, or whatever they used to call themselves. Same pricks, different day. And I was a fool that did what they wanted up to the day I stopped; and then we got to see just what a wonderful, caring family we all really were didn't we? Build this artifact. Construct that orbital defense system. Begin development on this galactic doomsday weapon. I wonder where I drew the line. Doubt they've forgiven me for that, but hell, can't please everyone, right?

Corbos. What is this memory lane? Barren heap that I took to hiding on until the Empire couldn't keep its hands to itself any longer. Further they extended their reach, further I had to go. Uptight motherkarkers. Wouldn't let a man make himself a new life because they were too set on consuming everything just so they could feel that much more self-important.

Saleucami. Crazy ass world. Good sights though. Finally got my feet under me here. Started making connections with people I could at least trust enough not to sell me back to the Empire. Everyone starts somewhere; I'd say this is where I started building something for myself instead of others. I mean, the place had enough resources that needed tapping into. Happened to be I had some talents the locals could used. Worked out for everyone.

Nar Shadda. Not what you think. I didn't need hiding. I wasn't some refugee. And I sure didn't kill people for the gangs. But let's get real for a second -- the Hutts pay well. They have more money than their fat, worm bodies have any reason to possess and know what to do with. So what do they do with it? Buy a bunch of crap they don't need. That's where I came in -- I built things to order. Technological and architectural marvels likes of which you won't see anywhere else. And no droid would ever measure up to it, so save it, Droid lovers. Made good credits here. Got a proper ship out of it too.

Druckenwell. Yeah, this is where I've ended up now. Nice base of operations here. Good buffer between me and the Empire. Don't need to worry about everyone trying to stab each other in the back screwing with my schedules. Confederacy has some legs under it so probably don't need to worry about civil unrest. Sith? You mean those Dark Side Punk-Lords? They haven't come around my shop demanding I build them some super weapon or gauntlet of kill-all, so guess we get along just fine. They buy things like normal folk, I treat 'em as normal folk. Cozy.

Meantime, I travel around offering my services to those in need. Plenty of people in my employ to handle routine stuff. If you want my personal touch I need something challenging. I'm not in it to slap my name everywhere; I'm in it to make bigger, better, and stronger. Maybe someday I will build some super massive marvel. We'll see who ends up with that good fortune; provided I don't spit in their face when they come calling.

POSSESSIONS
  • Breastplate
  • Warhammer, collapsible handle
  • Gauntlet data pad
  • Broken-in boots
TRANSPORTATION

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom