Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dagger-Class Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3UvE5d.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:
  • Affiliation:
    • Corellian Confederation
    • Black Market [Ask me first]
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Limited
  • Material: Various Starship Matrials
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Picket Corvette
  • Length: 100 Meters
  • Width: 70 Meters
  • Height: 40 Meters
  • Armament: High
    • Retractable Double Turbolaser Batteries
    • Retractable Heavy Turbolasers
    • Laser Cannon Turrets
    • Concussion Missile Launchers
    • Proton Torpedo Tubes
  • Defenses: Low
    • Deflector Shields
    • Armor
  • Hangar Space: Average: 0
  • Hangar Allocations: N/A
  • Single Craft Hangar: Yes
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Ship Systems
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Advanced Sensors
  • Advanced Communications Equipment
  • Advanced Scanners
STRENGTHS
  • Fast Attack Ship: Its fast
  • Weapons Platform: It has a lot of guns
  • Scout Fighter: Holds a scout fighter
WEAKNESSES
  • Weak Armor: Its armor is weak
  • Exposed Bridge: Its bridge is exposed
  • Vulnerable when launching or receiving scout fighter
DESCRIPTION
The Dagger-Class Assault Corvette was developed alongside the Damocles-Class Battlecruiser as an auxiliary craft for use in boarding actions and forward scouting. Designed as an aggressive reconnaissance vessel, it was equipped with top-of-the-line sensors, scanning, and communications equipment that allowed the vessel to slice into enemy holonet networks and listen in on conversations even while in hyperspace. Propelled by a powerful engine block, its speed and maneuverability made it ideal for running down pirates and screening for fighters and other small vessels like gunships and light corvettes. Blessed by a wide array of weapons including fast-tracking turbolasers and concussion missile launchers they were excellent for localized fire support but their subpar shielding and armor made for terrible matchups against larger vessels and their superior firepower.

For boarding actions and troop insertion, the Dagger-Class had facilities to house a company of embarked marines. Normal operations only required a small handful of crew though, making it ideal for use by the Damocles-class' embarked Halcyon Commando compliment on covert or short missions away from the fleet. To fighter craft could be stored in the ventral hangar of the Dagger, its mechanism imitating those of the Damocles and Venator of old. These strike corvettes were stored in hangars dedicated solely to them on Damocles-Class Star Defenders, though a small number of them saw action independent from the new line of cruisers.

Last edited:
Yularen Nova Yularen Nova Just a few things for you,

Could you please flesh these out a little more they are very vague and a little construed?
  • Fast Attack Ship: Its fast
  • Weapons Platform: It has a lot of guns
  • Weak Armor: Its armor is weak
  • Exposed Bridge: Its bridge is exposed

If they are retractable couldn't these be construed as a weakness as they could be targeted before they are operational?
  • Retractable Double Turbolaser Batteries
  • Retractable Heavy Turbolasers

Also, A Single Craft Hanger cannot have two Scout Fighters.
Single Craft Hangar: Yes

Scout Fighters: Holds a pair of scout fighters

The strengths are extremely self-explanatory. What do you want like exact gun positions?? Numbers?? This feels extremely nitpicky and unnecessary when combined with the rating system which discourages going into specificity. You don't need a short paragraph of fluff to tell you its a fast ship or a well-armed ship, and honestly I don't want to write one. It doesn't even have any special weapons, its just vanilla weapons which are all already listed

"If they are retractable couldn't these be construed as a weakness as they could be targeted before they are operational?"
Any gun on any ship can be destroyed whether or not its retractable, I don't see it as a weakness particular to this vessel much like most ships are more vulnerable to ion weapons. Its just a thing that every ship is weak to unless built specifically to defend against it so its not a weakness that I feel needs to be specified.

Edited the scout fighter
Matthew Locke Matthew Locke

Yularen Nova Yularen Nova

Your descriptions seem extremely lackluster and almost belittling to the judge that just asked you to write a simple sentence. Just some explanation of how these strengths are achieved will suffice. Armor means nothing, I can have armored paper and it's still "armor" all I am asking for is clarification and more precise wording in terms of these strengths. How is it fast? I want that's all we are asking for when we ask you to flesh out your descriptions a little more.

And for the retractable weaponry, I was attempting to explain a possible weakness that your ship could have but I accept your point as valid that you could aim at any ship's weapons and use that as a weakness.

You're trying to push something that isn't a requirement on the template itself. If it's not a rule its a suggestion and I don't appreciate a suggestion being forced on my submission. I appreciate the feedback on wanting more but I think the description goes into more than enough detail to explain the strengths and weaknesses noted. It answers all the questions you're asking

Although I do agree with the fact that your description goes into more detail about said strengths and weaknesses some people upon viewing any submission tend to look over the description in favor of purely looking at the strengths and weaknesses of the submission.

You need to state the materials that are being used just saying standard starship isn't enough.
Material: Various Starship Matrials

[*][FONT=Arial][B]Material[/B]: (What is it made out of? Certain materials are more resistant, or vulnerable to certain weapons. [B]Example: 'Durasteel, [COLOR=rgb(235, 107, 86)]blaster components.[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=rgb(235, 107, 86)]' [/COLOR]If this submission uses materials not found on wookieepedia, please link. You may also be asked to link materials that are obscure or difficult to find, e.g. exist as a byline in wikia entry)[/FONT] [/LIST]

It's becoming very obvious you're making this a labour just to make it a labour. The template itself uses the vague "Blaster components" in the template's example for materials.

Looking over this it looks like an OK submission, there is just one thing that jumped out at me.

Material: Various Starship Matrials

Please define exactly which materials you are using in this submission. Different materials will have different effects on the way weapons will impact them for example. As per the template:

Material: (What is it made out of? Certain materials are more resistant, or vulnerable to certain weapons. Example: 'Durasteel, blaster components.' If this submission uses materials not found on wookieepedia, please link. You may also be asked to link materials that are obscure or difficult to find, e.g. exist as a byline in wikia entry)

"Various Starship Materials" is not an acceptable response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom