Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voss - Silver Jedi Campus Meditation Rooms
She waited in the cushioned chair situated within the dimmed room, her tall figure not so towering from her relaxed posture. Her flowing robes draped across the floor before her feet, enshrouding her long legs and torso. The only part of her that drew attention was the electric violet hair atop her soft face. Her eyes were closed, patiently waiting while doing her best to calm herself in the face of undertaking what would undoubtedly be an awesome task.

Today marked the beginning of a journey Charity had experienced once before, but from the opposite role. Now she was to be entrusted with the responsibility of mentoring a student of her own. She had been referred to this particular Padawan due to their apparent similarity in personality. The Jedi Knight assumed she had little to fear if that be the case--not that a Jedi should fear at all--but the gravity of their imminent interview was not lost on her.

Hopefully Miss Skirata would open to her enough for them to come to a mutual feeling of camaraderie. If all went well, they would be together for a very long time, after all...

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
Shika had entered the sanctuary in hopes of continuing her meditations, but was instead met with a woman of vibrant Violet hair seemingly at peace in the center chair. Her instincts surprisingly said this woman was here for her. She quieted her doubts of coincidence and approached the young woman.

"My name is Shika Skirata and I am here to continue my path as a PeaceKeeper of this Galaxy," she suddenly proclaimed, doing her best to sound the confident pupil her father raised. The woman gave no reaction. Shika knelt in the center of the floor and placed her staff on her knees in an attempt to collect her thoughts. She felt no malcontent in the woman's motives, this was as the Force would will it. She would belong here. Her voice softened, "My father exiled me because I believe all life should hold to value." finally feeling the depravity of her situation and surrendering herself to it's grief. Shika silently grasped the smooth grip of her only possession and it steeled her nerves as she waited the acknowledgment of the Jedi Knight.

Charity's eyes opened upon hearing the introduction of the new arrival, though she remained serenely silent in her observation of the young woman's behavior. The Knight was nearly taken about at the swiftness of her placement upon her knees, and she leaned forward in her chair offer a more visually apparent acknowledgment of the Padawan before her. Charity was certainly a quiet Jedi--for which she had garnered a reputation among her peers. She never ignored anyone, however, despite how indifferent her demeanor often appeared. It was simply her way.

"Please, take a seat if you like," she insisted, hoping to alleviate the awkwardness that seemed to have set in. The violet-haired Jedi stood up to her full and looking height and bowed to her visitor in accordance to her traditional customs. Her soft and timid voice--perhaps surprising, given her unusually tall stature--penetrated the air again with her introductory response. "I am Charity Luckless. Please, make yourself comfortable. I am not here to test you."

She sat back down slowly, allowing time for Shika to be situated, then allowed the young woman to explain her tale. "Why would your father disown you for that?"

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
Shika Skirata recalled the night that her destiny was laid at her feet. The dream she had when she was but a young girl. It was a vivid memory and an avid reminder of what may still come to pass. Locked in fierce combat with an adversary. Every swing of her Pike gaining power with her passion and calculating their reactions. Each blow ringing with the cries of the battlefield. The final blow came when her foe overreached, and paid for it with his head. As Shika's victory banner was raised her opponent's helmet peeled away to reveal the face of A'den Skirata, her very own father.

"I told him I would continue my career as a Pacifist, all life should be considered precious. He said he would kill any weakness that might decay his lineage. I was declared a traitor and exiled from Mandalore. I have been running from my father ever since and found respite here."

A weight lifted off Shika's chest as she confided in this quiet, eccentric woman.

[member="Charity Luckless"]

The culture of Mandalore was one that Charity was admittedly unfamiliar with in most aspects. What little she knew about the people corresponded with their distinct fashion of armor and notoriety as bounty hunters. Thus it was not entirely surprising to her to learn that the clans had a penchant for violent conduct, and yet it greatly disturbed her that the young woman before her was an outcast for resisting a call for blood.

"That sounds very harsh, Miss Skirata. Tell me, do you believe yourself to be weak?" Charity softly inquired, shutting her eyes momentarily to take in a calming breath. "Why do you choose to live the way you do?"

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
Shika stood briskly and spun her staff under her cloak, onto her back. She hooked the weapon in its holster with the breathless finesse of someone who had lived by the instrument for many years. Shika was still the most highly refined weapon of her father's arsenal but she refused to be a tool in his cruelty.

"Sa kyr’am Nau tracyn kad," she said in her native tongue. "Forged like the saber in the fires of death. My earliest memories are of Father's training sessions. I performed my first execution at the age of 6, an unarmed traitor caught fleeing a battle, against me and my staff in a Death Duel. I split the man's skull and was ecstatic to see the pride on Father's face."

Shika reached behind her to grasp the staff, an attempt contain herself while she unveiled the darkest parts of her past.

"I was young and ignorant, but since my introduction to the Force I have sought to focus my skills to prevent bloodshed of any kind. Conflict can be overcome without the use of lethal force, me standing before you is a testament to that principle."

Shika paused, released her grip on the weapon and stared into the eyes of the Jedi Knight.

"No Master [member="Charity Luckless"] I do not believe myself weak."

Shika's confidence was a little daunting, if Charity were to be completely honest. She spoke with utter honesty, conviction, and even an amount of physicality as she brought herself to full height to recount her history. The softspoken Jedi Knight remained seated, offering Shika her full attention.

It was sobering to hear of the execution--and carried out by a mere child. The tall woman felt unsettled, even if her guest was evidently repentant of her old ways. She could not be held responsible for such a past, being a young and ignorant girl at the time of these events. Still, to have cold blood on one's hands was not easily excused, even knowing these facts. Charity stirred subtly at how she imagined that initial violent experience.

"Then what is it you desire now, Miss Skirata?" Charity whispered after a heavy moment, leaning forward. "If you have strength, as I believe you do, then what else do you seek?"

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
" I wish follow my path as an example. To show the Galaxy that a Pacifist can influence it just as much as a ruthless Warlord can, hopefully even more so. Whenever you're ready Master, may we depart for Ilum? I would like to begin to gather the necessary materials for my Lightsaber Pike."

For a peaceful woman, Shika sure seemed to be impatient. Charity wanted to calm her down, but felt like she hadn't the words to be so direct. Rising back to her feet once more, the Knight simply smiled as best she could--which wasn't much, but it was visible enough. "Soon enough. This is as much of a learning experience for me as it is for you, Padawan." She looked down at the confident face of her junior in the Order. It was almost intimidating. She had not been so bold a student when she was a teen. Was she fit for this job, leading a young soul into the galaxy? Perhaps these were simply beginning butterflies, for she had never taken on a Padawan as her own before. She was well aware of the challenge, and yet could not fathom what lay before both of them in their future together.

Charity inhaled deeply. She was entirely nervous to speak these words. "Will you... accept me as your guide and mentor? I would be honored..."

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
She instantly softened at the thought of a new teacher. Shika stepped up the the tall Knight and with a sudden childlike glee embraced her. "I accept, I will forever accept your guidance. Nothing would make me happier than to share in your wisdom and be apart of your journey through the Force."
Wiping away the tears welling in her eyes Shika grabbed the hands of Master Luckless and led her to the center of the room. Shika knelt, then closed her eyes, the young Master mimic the motions.

" One skill I have developed is the ability to detect impressions in the Force. If I focus I can see yours, it's like trying to hold someone's hand without touching them. You're like a soft warm layer of lavender steam emitting from a bright white center, a comforting campfire in a cold cave." Shika opened her eyes and flashed a youthful smile, eager to impress her new Teacher.

There was an overwhelming sense of joy that washed over the entire frame of the tall Jedi, the warmth of Shika's body amplifying the radiation that seemed to be firing through her skin in petrified realization. Charity stood motionless for several seconds, confused as to what she should do. It had been so long since she had felt the embrace of another being against her own form. Much too long, and the violet-haired woman found her mind floundering for the proper reaction. Finally, before the Padawan could release her, Charity eased her arms around the neck of her first student and eased into a nervous hug.

She didn't even understand why she was crying, but the Jedi Knight was forced to blink back a mimicked tear and allowed herself to be guided to the floor by her new and eager Padawan learner. Charity found her touch to be tender in spite of the energy flowing from the girl, and she submitted to her hold and closed her eyes as Shika probed her senses.

The words she uttered were flattering to say the least, and even a tacit Jedi like Charity struggled with maintaining a humble spirit upon hearing such a lovely description of herself as described by a bright-eyed pupil. "That is a blessed gift you have, Shika." She continued to talk in her low murmur. "I'm afraid my gift does not open me to a world as colorful as yours, though I wish that I could see what you do. But I sense a flame within your soul, soft and warm; well-tended so that it does not rise out of control.

"It is now my duty to protect your flame as well as to nurture it, so that it grows brighter without the chaos of destruction. And I must soon teach you to protect it as well, dear Shika."

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
The two Jedi then sat in silence for some time. It was official, Shika Skirata was a Padawan and Charity Luckless her Master. Shika sat relishing her Master's words. In the moment of meditation she released herself into the Force and was thrust into a scene.

A bonfire on the brink of inferno. The heated breeze it created could be felt long before Shika reached it's base. It's flames nearly burning everything in it came close to. Red hot ashes being thrown in all directions, narrowly missing the pile of supply wood nearby. With the extreme heat beginning to be unbearable, Shika gathered the small woodpile and turned away. Not far off was another glow, a small, well kept, cooking fire with violet coals accompanied by a small supply pack. With a clear view of the bigger fire she sat and emptied the bag. A package of gihaal, a type of dried fish, and a sack of water.

Shika laid the fish on the cooking fire, the smell brought one of the few truely fond memories of her Father to mind. The hunting trips on her homeworld, no Military, no rank, just a Father teaching his Daughter little things that helped him survive. By the time her meal had finished cooking the other fire had shrank considerably in size. Patiently munching on her small meal she continued to watch the flame die down to a large community fire. Shika picked a few logs of wood and approached the bright yellow flame. With the heat now manageable she tended the firewood into a neat cone shape.

"Yes, with guidance this can become a beacon of hope and peace."

With one blink Shika was kneeling in the center of the Sanctuary opposite her Violet-haired Master. A brief moment of panic struck, she wanted rush up and check her surroundings, but a quiet voice said "Patience". She looked upon Master Luckless, a still statue of calm tranquility. Shika Skirata tried to mimic her, recalling the violet coals and tasty fish. Patiently awaiting for her Master to come out of her trance.

Charity's breast rose and fell with lengthy but placid breaths, clasping her hands around Shika's. Everything about her was steady on the outside, though a deep anxiety occasionally swept up inside her spirit as she endeavored to ease her mind of the worries. Shika trusted her. Hopefully she could trust herself as well.

Finally, the Jedi Knight opened her eyes and loosed her hands from around her new student's, though she remained on her knees as they had been for the last few moments. The Padawan seemed to be radiating a refreshing serenity, almost as if she were emitting a cool and tranquil breeze in a transcendental mode. Charity was genuinely amazed at how a girl brought up in such a violent and ruthless environment could grow up to become this staunch yet compassionate young lady. Perhaps it proved something on a larger scale about life and the soul of sentient beings.

"Let me make a covenant with you, Padawan." The orthodox Jedi brought her left hand up above Shika's heart, bowed her head and closed her eyes solemnly one more time. "I promise to lead you along the light path, though I may not always know the way. I promise to defend you with my life, though I may depart from this world in the process. I promise to bring you up so that you may take my place one day as a Jedi Knight, though I may not possess all knowledge. I promise to impart all wisdom I have learned in you, though I may be young and unqualified."

Charity lifted her head and gazed into Shika's eyes. "This I vow and commit to you with all my heart."

[member="Shika Skirata"]

Shika Skirata

S
Shika hardened at the thought of losing her Master, literally the only person in the Galaxy who now cared for her. Shika couldn't handle that trauma, she would refuse let it happen.
"I, Shika Skirata, promise to always uphold myself to your expectations. To always accept your wisdom and advice with a clear mind. I shall be an extension of you through the infinite Force. Ni gar kad darasuume." Shika placed her staff on her knees once more and held it with both hands. "My solem vow is to see your journey through the Force come to completion, no harm will ever come to you while am by your side."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom