Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cyclone

285ced0b6243655ed0288a077ebe53fd.gif

OBJECTIVE: Recruit anti-Eternal Empire rebel fighters
ALLIANCE: Republic Engineering Republic Engineering | Allyson Locke Allyson Locke
REBELS: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin | LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh)

wsL0bBY.png

“Alright, it’s time.”

Aerarii Tithe leaned forward in his chair and activated the holoterminal positioned on his desk. The device powered up and begun running through a complex series of encryption protocols supplied by the Strategic Intelligence Agency. Once the signal was secure, the device began pinging the receiving units far out in Wild Space, letting the other meeting participants know it was time to begin.

While the call waited to connect Tithe looked to the two other occupants in his Senatorial office. When the Chancellor had first charged him with dividing ways to disrupt the Eternal Empire he had put a call out for the brightest officers of Galactic Alliance Military had to offer. Joining him for this important meeting was Lieutenant Raith, representing special forces, and Agent Locke, representing the SIA. Both of their contacts and skillsets would be necessary to complete this mission.

The holoterminal connected to the respective units belonging to ranking members of the Eclipse Rebellion. The Senator for Aargau didn’t particularly care for the plight of the insurgent group, but so long as their mandate to disrupt the Eternal Empire aligned with his, he was happy to work with them. While the official GA response to EE hostilities was the ongoing sanctions and trade embargo, the Chancellor had empowered Tithe to take any means necessary to weaken the enemy. He suspected it was better if she didn’t get involved.

“Ahh yes, greetings, greetings,” Tithe said by way of introduction. “Thank you for the opportunity to meet during these trying times. Let me start by saying that the Galactic Alliance recognises the valiant efforts of the Eclipse Rebellion in your struggle against the Eternal Empire. I hope we can find common ground on which to work together.”

Lori was a little taken aback by Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe 's request for a meeting. She had only met the man once, and that was when he was held captive by her cousin Kaine Australis. The man was working for the Sith, yet she was unsure if he was one of them himself. If anything he proved to be an opportunist, for here he was, now working under the Galactic Alliance. Opportunists weren't entirely to be trusted? But these days beggars couldn't be choosers and if there were sympathizers to the Eclipse Rebellion out there, Lori certainly wasn't going to turn them away. However getting support from such a huge government as the Galactic Alliance was quite the big step for the Rebels.

Turning on her own holoterminal once the ping had indicated all parties were present, the images of Aerarii, Allyson Locke Allyson Locke and Republic Engineering Republic Engineering came into view. Beside Lori sat Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin . He was her bodyguard, fellow Rebel and fiance. Although the latter was still kept secret. Only her twin brother Caedyn Arenais was aware. As far as she knew, anyways.

Lori was quite certain that LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) , also known as the Voice of Abbaji, would either make herself heard or use some other electronic means to reveal her presence.

"Hello. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for the attack on Byss. We had some of our forces there to try to help the fight against the Eternal Empire, yet as you can imagine, our forces are not quite large enough to combat and put a halt to their fleets movements. If there's any assistance that you need that we could provide, then don't hesitate to ask."

The secure link between Coruscant and the Eclipse Rebels connected, first revealing the face of the Rebel leader Loreena. She offered her condolences for the Eternal Empire attack on Byss and enquired as to what her Rebels could do to help the Alliance.

“My dear, it is I who come with the offer of assistance,” Tithe explained. “The Alliance is cognisant to the plight of your people, to the tyrannical actions of the Empress.” Certainly, the abhorrent actions of the Eternal Empire had been long documented within the Alliance, though to Tithe’s understanding this was the first time that something was being done about it. The recent alignment of the goals of the Rebels and Alliance had changed the prior non-interventionist stance.

“Our war with the Sith and Bryn'adûl have pushed our fleet to the limit. My only wish is that we could do more. But alas.” The public was wary of the Alliance entering a third concurrent war, and the timing was not yet right to officially declare hostilities beyond the economic sanctions. This wayy, the Rebels and the Alliance could both get what they wanted.

“Thankfully, the Eclipse Rebellion have proved themselves as valiant warriors. While your bravery is boundless, we percipience is that resources are limited. I’m authorised to offer you financial and materiel support. Now tell me, how can we best be of abetment?”

Last edited:
Lori raised both of her brows as Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe said that he was offering her his assistance. Or rather 'her people'. The Eclipse Rebels were made up of a variety of people from different worlds that the Eternal Empire had attacked and occupied. Yet some were like herself and were outsiders wanting to help people maintain their freedom from oppression.

"Sometimes the way that one may weaken an enemy is to have their military and navy far outstretched to the point that another attack from a newer enemy could break them. That could be what the Sith and Eternal Empire are hoping for in the case of your Alliance."

The proposition was laid out and Lori had wondered what the price was. More than likely it was that such assistance would distract the Eternal Empire from attacking the Alliance for a little while. That could well enough be worthy of the credits spent.

"Our own fleet is small, yet ships are currently under construction. If you have any to spare, we could use them to surprise one of the Empire's fleets and inflict as much damage as possible." Then they'd hightail it out of there and prepare for the next attack.

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) Republic Engineering Republic Engineering Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Loreena seemed happy to align herself with the Galactic Alliance, just as Tithe had hoped. Conducting a rebellion within the borders of the Eternal Empire could not have been an easy undertaken - the Empress, like the Emperor before her, maintained an iron-grasp over her domains. This deal could represent the first time at the Eclipse Rebels had the funding needed to truly bring the fight to their enemy.

The GA and the Rebels were an almost perfect matching - the GA had the credits and resources which the Rebels needed, and the Rebels had the willing soldiers the GA needed. So long as their common goals aligned, it could prove to be a very valuable pairing for all involved.

“Ships, yes, ships won't be a problem,” the Vice Chancellor-elect explained. Between the battles of Felucia, Korriban and Byss, Galactic Alliance space docks were overflowing with damaged cruisers of every configuration. A call to Navy command would see a number of ships official deemed lost and struck from the fleet registers. The Trade Federation would then collect the ships to be scrapped, but instead, complete their repairs, forge new transponder codes, and ferry the vessels to the Rebels. Within a week they would have a sizeable flotilla which with to harry the Eternal Empire.

The ships would not come entirely for free - Tithe had not risen to his post through the application of charity. “All we ask is to be kept informed of any, ah, major forays against the Empire,” he asked. It would not do for the actions of the Rebels to interfere with the economic and diplomatic battles which were being fought in parallel. In time - and once trust had been earned - the GA would look to closely coordinate their efforts with the Rebels.

“I believe we can help find an ideal target,” he added. “Agent Allyson Locke Allyson Locke has been tracking the movements of the enemy fleet post-Byss.” Tithe looked to the Jedi Shadow. “Where were they last espied?”

Last edited:
Lori offered a small smile as Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe mentioned that ships wouldn't be a problem. That was a relief. She was quite certain that she could gather up some crews for the vessels. They wouldn't be fully crewed like the ships for factions were, but there'd be enough crew on board to get the missions done.

Her brows then furrowed as he gave a bit of his terms in regards to the cost of the ships that would be provided. Sometimes their missions were spur of the moment. Especially when Lori acted on impulse. Yet other times there was a bit more planning involved.

"We tend to find out about their next occupations within a few days of the Empire's arrival. Yet sometimes we don't even have that amount of time to act. It's usually a now or never kind of scenario. But we could send you word beforehand if possible." Although if more time was needed in a bid to persuade her not to act, well....she was prone to stubborness. That was something that many could attest to.

Yet to hear that the GA had been tracking the Empire's fleet; Lori was all ears. She leaned forward a little, almost as though that would make her hear better. Her eyes were trained on Allyson Locke Allyson Locke .

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) Republic Engineering Republic Engineering

"I would dare take some small measure of credit for that."

The voice that cut into the comm conversation was light, pleasant, and, for this communication, at least, very lightly masculine--the voice of an accountant rather than a warrior. The signal the voice could be attributed to had been present on the line the entire time, accompanied by an almost-blank screen rather than that of a face. The only thing visible was the sigil slowly becoming known as the icon of the coalescing Rebellion, in a distinctive shade of blue only used by one being in the Unknown Regions.

"I think you may be familiar with my work, Vice Chancellor Tithe," the Voice of Abbaji continued. "Although until recently my ability to speak directly has been rather limited. We have had to be quite suspicious of anyone offering assistance, considering the Empire's response to doing little more than announcing our existence. Fortunately, my own circumstances have changed somewhat, freeing me up to devote even more of my time to keep track of the Empire's activities.

And your activities, which in the last standard year have piqued my interest...particularly your meetings with known Imperial corporate entities. If I may ask, what interests does the Core have in supporting a fledgling Rebellion on the outer reaches of the galaxy?"

With the last question, the voice took on a mild, seemingly uncharacteristic sharpness. Not a threat: an indicator that the question was, indeed, a serious one.

The Vice Chancellor listed as Loreena examined the short notice which the Rebels often had ahead of a major offensive by the Eternal Empire. It would not make for ideal operating conditions and would necessitate the Galactic Alliance moving assets much closer to the Empire’s border than he had hoped, heightening the risk of them being detected. A base on a border world or adjacent to a major hyperlane would be ideal.

“We may be able to offer succour for that,” Tithe explained. The SIA could task additional assets to taping communications in the region, all that was holding them back was funding for equipment and personnel. Luckily, credits weren’t an issue for the Aarguun, and could come from either the GA coffers or his own accounts.

Following a short briefing by Agent Locke, another voice joined the conversation, suggesting that Tithe may know of her and questioning his business associates.

Unfortunately, the individual or their background was unknown to him - he made a mental note to ask Director IVI IVI for anything she had on Eclipse Rebellion associates. “Ah, but of course, your name is exalted in the halls of our intelligence establishment,” Tithe lied.

“Though I apologise, you’ll have to be more explicit - I find myself dealing with a great number of business beings from all corners of the galaxy. Though I assume you, their interests have no bearing on my dream of seeing the Eternal Empire crushed.”

Lori of course was going to get better with her planning of missions. As the Eclipse Rebellion grows in members and support, she was getting more and more to work with. That left them with a lot more options surpassing guerilla warfare. Maybe some day the Rebels would become a force to be reckoned with!

Strategies were needing to be planned. Ones that delved more into just one attack after the next. Working with the Eternal Empire's enemies would certainly be helpful. And already those enemies had been reaching out to her. "That is the Voice of Abbaji, one of our sources from the inside of the Eternal Empire. We wouldn't have gotten this far without that intel and access to the Empire's systems. It was the Voice that started it all." After Bakura anyways. Bakura was what sparked the flame of rebellion against the Empire for Loreena, turning her from a treasure hunter and shipper to a rebel with a cause.

LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin Republic Engineering Republic Engineering Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

"The fact that I should need some introduction means I have been doing my job better than I anticipated."

The sigil flickered as the voice took on a lightly ironic tone. At the same time, the algorithm delivering the voice shifted slightly, changing its timbre ever-so-slightly. Now, rather than a masculine tone, it was vaguely feminine--a secretary rather than an accountant.

"I do," it continued, "take great pains to ensure I am difficult to identify on first meeting. That being said, I rather thought my colors were known well enough to elicit more recognition. Considering the mark I left on my recent escape from the Imperial homeworld...although I suppose that is something they would prefer not be widely known."

The voice chuckled lightly--and inexplicably sadly--at the memory. But the nostalgia lasted only a moment, before it returned to a brisk, businesslike tone.

"Now then. I am quite serious about my question, Vice Chancellor,"
it continued, "and would like to return for it for a moment. As you may know, people in our position have reason to be suspicious of an offering of vast sums of money and assets with seemingly no strings attached. Ragtag rebels we are, outfunded and outgunned, but the Empire has not been able to do so much as stop us from speaking...in large part because we have maintained such paranoia. It would go a long way towards establishing trust for you to be honest with us about your motives.

So, how about it? An even trade? You tell me what the Galactic Alliance stands to gain by supporting a rebellion as far out as the Unknown Regions of space, and I tell you a humiliating story about how the Empire had, then lost, one of its most hated enemies without even knowing?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom