Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Cybernetic Pygmy Ysalamiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
6c4e03e893d65ca35a04b75fb8e9b2bd--reptile-lizards.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Cybernetic Pygmy Ysalamiri
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Origins: Kamino
  • Average Lifespan: Average life span of 2 years, maximum life span of 3 years
  • Estimated Population: Semi-Unique
  • Description: They are a small lizard like being, with various cybernetic components grafted into them. The species is almost all identical, with very small differences in size, or physical features. Each has a yellow newt like scaleless skin, a small number of spines atop their head. Four legs, a tail, and a head are their defining features. Over all they look unremarkable.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type - 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 6 cm
  • Average Length of Adults: 20 cm
  • Skin color: White
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: These ysalamiri have no gender differences, as they lack the capacity to reproduce. They are much smaller than their forebears, with a yellow newt like skin. They are anatomically similar to standard ysalamiri. They are covered in little cybernetic nodules that connect directly into their brain/nervous system.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Ysalamir
Strengths:
  • Force Bubble: Like standard Ysalamiri, they create a protective force bubble around themselves that negates the use of force abilities inside of them.
  • Able to turn on and off: The cybernetics and genetic modifications allow the creatures to turn on and off the force bubble.
Weaknesses:
  • Size of bubble: The anti-force bubble is only about six meters in circumference.
  • Time: The turning on and off of the force bubble is not instantaneous. It takes time for it to work. (It cannot be turned on to block an already incoming attack, and it cannot be turned off to allow force abilities right after. It takes a reasonable amount of time for the bubble to go up or down.)
  • Food: They can only eat a genetically created food paste. No other food is edible to them.
  • Protection: These fragile beings must be inside an environmentally controlled pod to survive, and will die quickly if taken outside of them.
  • EMP/ION: EMP/Ion blasts can fry the cybernetics inside of the animals, killing them.
  • No movement: They spend their entire life grafted to a nutrient rack, that allows them to get everything they need. They cannot move off of this.
  • Weak and fragile: These beings are highly fragile. They can be killed with ease, be it shaking, too much movement, or foreign contamination to their environmental pods. It takes great care to keep them alive at all.
  • Cloning Only: There is no way to make this species genetically viable. They lack the capacity to reproduce, and die unless in very specific environments. As such, the only way to keep this specific strain going is through cloning of the progenitor.

CULTURE
  • Diet: Only food is a nutrient rich food paste designed specifically for them. All other food is indigestible.
  • Communication: N/A
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: They stay inside a pod, in near motionlessness, eating a very specific mixture of nutrient paste. Their cybernetics allow outside forces to turn the force bubbles on and off by manipulating their nervous system and anatomy.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Hundreds of years ago, the cloners of Kamino were hired for a task, to create a species of ysalamiri that was smaller, and able to manipulate the force bubbles they were famous for, by turning them on and off. They started by genetic study, and selected a hundred of the most promising ysalamiri. There, they used selective breeding for generations to create a smaller ysalamiri. During this time, they researched how the force bubble happened, and mapped the parts of its body that allowed this to exist at all.

A hundred years of careful breeding, they managed to create the most reliable specimens. Then they began to manipulate the genetics and create various breeds that could be manipulated further, with more ease. Each specific iteration created a smaller, more pliable creature, with its internal capabilities more easily manipulated.

Finally, tests began with cybernetics to allow an outside force to manipulate the unique abilities the species possessed. Countless failed test experiments were incinerated. However, in time, they found an individual that managed to survive the implants, and the exact type of implants to use. By this time, hundreds of years had passed. Their original client was long dead. However, the Confederacy had risen around them, and they paid well for the specimens. While only a handful existed at any given time, and they had to be very well maintained, existing only on specific nutrient paste, and could only survive in special pods, it allowed for new horizons.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya

I'll be doing this review for you. I really love the cyber-punk aesthetic that you've applied to the Ysalamiri here. There are just a few areas where I think this submission would benefit from some clarification before we move it along.

1. Image.
qzt0cnL.png

Just verifying: Did you mean for the image to be a text link rather than embedded in the submission? It's fine as is, just wanted to confirm before this gets locked in either case.

2. Relevant Links
Origins: Kamino

Please link to the planet Kamino here.

I'd also recommending adding a link to the Confederacy faction page, since its referenced in the history.

Those are my thoughts and I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me when you have finished any edits.

Zak Dymo

Z
Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya

The picture is just a text link at the top for me still. I had a few people check and they reported that they saw the same. Is that what you were intending? Or do you need some help with getting the image to display (I'm happy to help).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom