Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyberneric species question

Negative Prime

Space Elf.. its a thing apparently.
Question is a Cybernetic plant species similar to this allowed?
i think it will be an interesting opponent faction.
209b04729dcabca08e4e841734a76e7f.jpg

my idea is rogue earl organic living ships.

[member="Honoko"]

It would depend on the nature of the race, and how they originated. If they've been artificially created (i.e. by Alchemy or some such process), then they would need a Development Thread to flesh out, rather a sizeable one, I'm afraid. I also have a feeling that a cybernetic race of that nature would probably have some game-breaking abilities, such as organic regeneration and the like. You'd need to be very careful to balance out strengths and weaknesses in that respect: if they came out with more strengths than weaknesses, they wouldn't qualify for the Codex, since they'd unbalance the writing.

I, personally, don't want to see any more quasi-anime stuff added to the site, because frankly it's just not Star Wars.

I'd also note that it'd not likely be faction opposition, because I can't imagine there'd be many serious RPers on the site wanting to write this. Might be worth checking whether people are interested before you tackle whether or not we'll embrace the idea within the Codex and Factory. I will warn you that a large number of RPers share my aversion to anime involvement, so you might struggle in that respect!

As with every submission, I'd ask: is this necessary for the site, and does it serve a practical purpose? Is it something you'll devote yourself to in the long-term, or is it a throwaway idea you'll ditch in two weeks because it doesn't get the traction you're aiming for? Why are you trying to include it on the site? Something to think about before you start putting time and energy in your submissions!

That observed, if you think you can approach all of the above with detail, maturity and commitment, we'd welcome your submissions into the Codex. Insofar as I'm aware, you'd not be breaking any rules to include this (again, beyond possibly not passing the 'Is this appropriate for Star Wars?' test). All depends how you write it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom