Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyber-bullying

MPacuxd.png

//[member="Jen"]//
//Transmission//
//Decoding..//
//10%//
//50%.//
//100%..//
//message..//

//A Friend.//
//Hello, this is @%=^1. I've heard of your exploits Phenoix, they say you can crack any code, break any computer, and put a dent in any holobank. I'm counting on that, I'd like to hire you for a job. I need you to frame this individual. You will find a recorded conversation and audio below, splice it and change to your hearts content, I want her linked to every crime, massacre this side of the galaxy. Maybe link her to the butcher of Koriban, do what you can. I am willing to offer you 30,000 credits for the base job, and more if you produce results. @%=^1...//

[Attachments]
Roll One.mov
[End]

KWjFb1y.png

The signal that contained the message addressed for Phoenix had bounced through the relays of the HoloNet and after some time, depending on many factors such as the net speed and distance between the receiver database and the signals point of origin, it would have arrived in Phoenix’s inbox. First going through an automated address that once more bounced the signal through what was known as the CryptNet. An anonymizing software that made it (almost) impossible to track the origin point of any data send through it.

Jennifer or Phoenix, a handle she was otherwise known by, used the CryptNet in almost all communication devices in correlation with her own personal encryption protocols that would secure her messages from being sniffed up by anyone other than the intended recipient. After she had read the message that had appeared on the screen of her Sandro datapad, she would reply with the same caution as always, having been intrigued by the message. By the time she had sat down in front of her monitors, she had already forgotten about the intense limmie game she had been watching half asleep from her couch just moments before. Of course, she made sure to scan the attachments before launching them on her setup…

>> // Hey @&=^1
>> I already know I am a keyboard Jedi. But TNX even if u spell’d my handle wrong. It’s <Phoenix>. get it right: tnx a 10e6 in advance. Would be sort of stupid if I for example called you &@=1^. Aye? Sort of risky to just FTP me the files right off the bat tho. I will check out if “KAY” can be linked to anything. Speed search doesnt reveal much. She seems like one of dem holy ones. How did u get the file? re you that freaky droid she is talking to, or that uniform dude that’s creeping on her? You’re a creeper aren’t you? Did she reject u, brother?

>> Don’t spaz though. I got u covered.
>> Wire the 30k credz in advance over the HW to my acc, answer my questions and I will get started.

She did not send the message right away though, first trying to trace the signal to figure out from where the message had been send from and if any security had been put in place to guard the device the message had been send from as well as the holonet connection that had been used. Hopefully, the one that had send her the request had a good security consultant. However, outsiders rarely did.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]​

'CLICK' 'CLICK' 'CLACK' these were the sounds of a hulking figure crouched over a screen, his sharp digits biting into the key with a crunching sound, keys imploded from the weight, little tiny electronics were skewered on his long finger's like a shish kebab for the technologically hungry. "God damn it, why do we not have an IT department." he growled in a hollow voice. "If you want something done write buy it yourself."

//[member="Jen"]//
//Transmission//
//Decoding..// //10%// //50%.// //100%..// //message..// //A Friend.//
//I will not pretend, I am no skilled practitioner of the net. I'd do things the old fashion way but that's not applicable here. I am a representative of the Hutt Cartel, I tell you this cause I have faith in you, or at least your skills and you'd probably bounce back my message until you found out who I am. I am indeed the freaky droid as you put it. I am Flannigan Mcnash. The credits have been sent to your account. You will have to reach quite a bit for this one, she is holier than thou.//

[End]

Flannigan Mcnash. The name sounded familiar and almost as soon as she had said it aloud, murmured it infront of her monitors, she remembered the metallic, hair rising voice of his and suddenly recognized the shape she had seen in the recording she had been sent. Of course it was Flannigan Mcnash.

She had met him and his crew, the Jackals once in orbit above Tattooine. They had tried to fool her by emitting a distress signal and once she had been lured in, trap her. It had partially worked, her ship had been shot down while she had attempted to escape their pursuit and had it not been for the appearance of a weirdo that had waved around a lightsaber, she would probably not have ended up joining forces with a Duros, Cadan, and escaped the place.

She had indirectly dealt with Flannigan a few times once more as he and the Jackals had helped the Red Ravens fulfill various tasks and jobs. It seemed, that the droid, cyborg, whatever he was had risen in the world somewhat since she last had heard of him. But obviously she wouldn’t dare reveal her own identity.

>> // Good to be in business with the Hutt Cartel and in turn you Mcnash. Long time no see. I recommend that you install CryptNet for all future dealings. Let’s keep our connections secured.
>> C u m8.
>> …
>> PS: When the job is partly done, expect an extra fee of 100-8000 credits for essential equipment upgrades. Pleasure doing business with you.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom