Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currently Active Jedi Members.

The title basically speaks for itself, doesn't it? I think I've hinted quite obviously at what I'm seeking to establish here; however, I'll go ahead, be that annoying person and state the obvious as I'm very interested in knowing who's who...

What I'm currently asking is: Who among the Jedi Order still remains active within the Galactic Republic, these being light-sided and not members/instructors of the Force Academy but actual Jedi Characters, Students or otherwise.

Some of you already know why I'm interested; for those of you whom do not, Veiere Arenais is a former member of the old Jedi Order (In-Character; and a time when it used to be whole).

I'm currently attempting to gauge the level of interest still within this faction so that I might work towards the goal of reuniting or rebuilding upon the Order that once supported the Galactic Republic, not as soldiers nor involved in politics but very similar to what [member="Mantic Dorn"] was trying to create, an Order resembling the cannon Jedi that we all know and are so fond of.

Beyond that, I've larger ambitions regarding the Jedi Characters on Chaos as a whole but let's keep things simple and for the moment, focus on those within or involved with the Galactic Republic....-So, who's still around and willing to do something with themselves?

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

I am currently writing up this character to fulfill the same goal I think you are striving toward. I was going to use one of my masters, but one is off being angsty and the other is off being dead.

Toss me a PM sometime, maybe we can work together on some things.

[member="Kras Tolem"] | [member="Jordun Darko."] | [member="Safiriel Bane"]

Thank you all for responding, I do truly appreciate it.

I've just dropped something of a controversial bomb in terms of a project that's going to be long term and come with a fair bit of opposition but while making little sense, I think I'll just link it in here.

The Church of the Force.

This will hopefully in time, span multiple factions, the Republic included. It's a very broad movement that I'm hoping will pick up. If you're interested, feel free to check it out.

Otherwise, I will still be around here in the GR too!

I'm all for a return to form Jedi-wise.

Folks here are pretty turned toward the NJO/everyone is independent shpeel. That's not my style when it comes to Jedi -- a council, strict rules, and well kept doctrines are more my speed.

That being said, I'd probably keep to the Republic for now. Better to focus the effort in one place.

[member="Kras Tolem"]

This will work like a movement, not a typical governing power in that you can focus wherever you like but simply being a part of it will help spread the word and raise the awareness for the long term end-game. The Jedi should be in every corner of the galaxy where they are needed, this is simply a matter of IC belief.

If you'd like to join, it's open. Nothing will be expected of you that you aren't willing to provide. All the numbers will help in the long run when the other Jedi begin to notice us.

[member="Sheila"]

I would be greatly interested in pursuing the Jedi Path here in the Galactic Republic and contributing where I can, if the help is sought after. Are there any Council Members or will the Grandmaster be expected to return in the near future, to activity?

Or is it you that I seek, so that I might continue in my efforts here! :)

There currently are no council members assigned as of the active masters none have impressed when last speaking and I turned down the offer. The grandmaster is always around however as he was voted in as an npc. Named Mako Aku

[member="Sheila"]

I see. So then, that begs the question regarding what we might be able to do to further organize the Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic; providing there's a desire for this, how could we raise the incentive for new activity and to coerce all the old fella's into returning?

I understand that as a whole, it supports the Republic but from what I've seen so far, it's more or less just Jedi members dotted in and around politicians and Republic military with no real grit to how the Jedi themselves operate under the Republic banner.

Could this be something we're wanting to work on, and if so, let me know how I can help. All things Jedi-Related are my love across SWRP: Chaos and thus far, The Republic has been my only focus up until this long term side project of mine (explained above).

getting people to return tot he republic is a good joke. Most of them left because they didn't get their way, they couldn't be in charge and made their own orders to do that with their friends. Unless you plan to have the republics jedi go back to the toxic environment it was that force the members like [member="Coci Heavenshield"] to leave with [member="Rasu Gan"], [member="Sochi Ru"] and [member="Matsu Ike"] we aren't going to attract people back. At best getting back on friendly terms with some of them but only expecting them to show up when they have free time is the best thing. Some have come back because members like Corvus Raaf worked really hard to repair ooc relations that were burned or ruined. The rest of the majority will likely not return either as they generally join the hypetrain of GR hate.

[member="Sheila"], I happen to have great respect for [member="Coci Heavenshield"] through one of her Alts and we get along quite well though it's not my intention to pull anyone else away from the factions that they're now currently happy in. I'm sorry if it sounded like that but I was talking about the people that had specifically fallen inactive, not those that had left the Republic for their own personal reasons.

What I would like to see however is that the Jedi that are involved within this faction can organize and build a bit more structure for themselves once again. Collaborate and actually represent the image of what the Order used to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't sound too hopeful in that it might be a possibility? In which case, you being the closest thing to a leader of the Jedi here in the Republic, doesn't bode well for the type of reform I'm hoping for.

Understandable and something I can respect, you've apparently tried and a lot of people suffered from the OOC drama; people must do what's best for them and I wouldn't argue the fact.

I think that bringing the Jedi Members of the Republic to some structure would do well for the Faction over all. Get back into training Jedi students, Consulars, Guardians, earn their way to Knighthood and Mastery one day; something for people to strive for but naturally I can only offer my support in this, if no one else is willing and wanting then, that's that; I suppose. At-least for the Jedi of the Republic.

Additionally: What in your mind made the former times "Toxic" ? It was before my time in the Republic, unfortunately.

I respect Coci as well and I enjoy being with her in the sanctum on my other alts but she left for many of the reasons others did. Because the jedi got a new leader who wanted to micromanage everyone and control every aspect from who they could rp with to how they could progress and what powers they could learn or knowledge have access to. Then if they disagreed it was a very quick trial to exile them because they didn't agree. That led to one of the large exiduses of the jedi. Another reason was the jedi do not clarify themselves. There is less structure. The common questions that are glassed over and ignored. "What era jedi are we, what codes do we use, what structure are we using? A dozen other ones that are never answered

I am only inactive on this char because I have never been able to get him off the ground. I think your idea is solid and with hard work it is possible to create a new and fresh Jedi order. I will gladly help you.

[member="Sheila"]
Is that current leader about? If no then what is the problem? It does not matter that a lot of great people left. Things can be build anew.

I'm a fan of the prequel Jedi, Jedi that backed the Republic. I wouldn't join with this character simply because Ideal differences, but I have another that I'd be willing to bring back to help such a cause.

[member="Senji Selah"] | [member="Sheila"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Jorvan Hatha"] | [member="Kras Tolem"] | [member="Safiriel Bane"] | [member="Cath Lorr"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

It would seem that there's a calling that a good few people would be willing to work toward, of that I am greatly appreciative.

We currently have members in the Jedi Order under the Galactic Republic that have voiced their like for a new reform and yes, though we have lost members in the past that were once leaders, I think there is still room for us to build upon the future of the Jedi here in this faction.

Naturally this is the internet and peoples views and opinions will differ, it's common courtesy to respect the differences we have with one another and as such I'm not suggesting stopping others from Role-playing how or with whom they would choose but to see the Republic strengthened by a semi-traditionalist Jedi Order (re imagining the canonical body of the Jedi Order while trying not to exclude others), we have room here to really get something going. I think when it comes down to it, you are either a Jedi or you are not. Not being a Jedi does not mean not supporting the Republic or continuing to contribute massively to the Faction but for the time being, there's an obvious need to focus on the Jedi side of the faction...

I feel like I'm talking myself in circles but I hope you all understand where I'm coming from. What we need is a Council of active members rather than only a Grandmaster, in my opinion. The Grandmaster NPC might become the High Councilor to ensure it's not targeted with loads of bounties and what not but for this to be organized, we need leading members in place to look out for the Jedi Order's best interests here and those that might one day be open to collaborating with the other factions of the Jedi should that day come (long term goal).

I myself am not looking for a leading role, I've yet to even earn my knighthood yet but I am driven to see the Jedi Order return to it's former glory and it seems I am not alone. These are my thoughts, and as always, I welcome constructive criticism and any offers of advice or help along the way.

Turn your backs on the prospect of OOC drama for the moment, we're all here to enjoy our Role-playing under similar interests; focusing on the negative while trying to get this off the ground again will only work against us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom