Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currax Sea Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
liopleurodon.jpg
- Currax Sea Killer -
Designation: Non-sentient
Homeworld: Champalahttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/68698-champala/#entry1022680
Language: N/A
Average Height in Adults: 5 meters
Length when fully grown: 193 meters
Skin Color: Deep navy blue back, white to cream underbelly with striped patterns around the mouth to upper flippers
Hair Color: N/A
Breathes: Type I (can hold breath underwater for up to 27 hours at a time)

Strengths:
  • Enormous size, can eat most prey in a single bite
  • Thick back/hide making them extremely hard to kill
  • Can smell blood within the water from 34 kilometers away
  • Extremely fast swimmer, but only in short bursts (peak speed: 83 miles per hour)
  • Teeth as tough as durasteel and are constantly growing and being replaced
  • Can survive in immense levels of pollution
Weaknesses:
  • Soft underbelly making them susceptible to attack
  • Requires to eat a significant amount of food to survive
  • Requires all four flippers to function or it becomes immobile, smaller species can occasionally defeat the Currax Sea Killer by disabling one of it's flippers.
  • Poor eyesight
  • Can only swim in open sea, struggles around coastal areas with debris and rock formations
Distinctions: The most notable features about the Currax Sea Killer are it's teeth which sit at a whopping 46 centimeters long. It's teeth are so large they literally spill out of it's mouth. Aside from this they are noted by their crocodile-like snouts which come complemented by their massive figure. Their large tail serves as a means to stabilize their direction when swimming and works in conjunction with their flippers.

Average Lifespan: 231 standard years
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: Ecological surveys conducted on Champala suggest there are no more than 2,000 globally
Diet: Fish, sea reptiles, large mollusks, the occasional bird resting on the ocean
Communication: High-pitched clicking sounds
Culture: N/A
Technology: N/A

​General Behavior: The Currax Sea Killer is highly aggressive towards other large sea creatures although has a benign attitude towards sentient beings who are swimming and other small animals. They will only go to the surface every 27 hours to take in oxygen, a process which takes around 20 minutes and is when they are most vulnerable and exposed. On occasion sea vessels have been attacked by these creatures but this is considered extraordinarily rare with less than fifty reported instances of this in Champala's recorded history. Currax Sea Killer's like sharks will form feeding frenzy's around large schools of fish and they are not known to fight among themselves although cannibalism of other dead members of their species is observed. Typically solitary, Currax Sea Killer's will travel alone until they find a mate at which point they will mate for life. On occasion they will form loose hunting groups which will usually last a month or two. The Currax Sea Killer is a reptile and thus lays eggs which are attached into thick ropes of kept through the usage of a gelatinous substance secreted from glands under the females frontal flippers. A clutch of ten thousand eggs will be laid by a female Currax Sea Killer only once in their life times, out of that ten thousand only one of the offspring typically survive as the 'nest' is abandoned the moment it is laid. Juvenile Currax Sea Killers however are more than capable of caring for themselves from birth. The entire life of a Currax Sea Killer essentially revolves around eating, and most of their day will be spent doing so due to their behemoth diets. They are not a territorial species and are found in the deepest most open parts of Champala's oceans. They are rarely seen, although the government of Champala has several tagged specimens it monitors for research purposes. Currax Sea Killer's on very rare occasions will approach the more coastal areas of Champala's landmasses, however this is extraordinarily rare and any form of debris or rocky formation is impossible to navigate for one of these beasts and has often resulted in them being beached. The Currax Sea Killer is the largest animal on Champala and the world's apex predator. They have no real natural threats once they have reached adult size.

History: The Currax Sea Killer is a recently discovered species on Champala and is considered to be one of the most ancient creatures residing on the planet. Archaeologists believe that genetically the Sea Killer has been relatively the same for over sixty million years. Though early on in Champala's history early Chagrian fishmongers had reported the occasional sighting they were widely considered to be mythical and false. After one specimen beached itself in 23 ABY a research program was initiated to investigate this new find. Soon enough ecological surveys found there was around 2,000 Currax Sea Killer's residing on Champala, a number that has stabilized itself up until modern time. They are protected by law strictly from commercial hunting, albeit they are not considered an endangered species despite their small population. The namesake for the Currax Sea Killer came from Champalan biologist Edwin Currax. Some theories have linked the Currax Sea Killer to the Naboo native Colo claw fish believing them to have developed over hundreds of thousands of years after finding their way into a new environment. This however has never been confirmed.

Notable Player Characters: N/A
Intent: The intent with this creation was to design an apex predator for Champala, a world I am role playing the government of. This is done to flesh out the native ecosystem of the planet which by cannon sources is not described regarding flora and fauna.

[member="Chagri"]

Hey, I'll be working with you to get this approved! Let's get down to business.

So, considering that two big oceanic predators are whales and sharks, I'm going to assume your inspiration here is from one of them, both, or I'm horribly wrong and neither. Depending on your answer to that, there's certain things we're gonna fix.

Also, please fix your submission to fit the template. Don't remove sections, please.

To be honest it draws inspiration from various aquatic animals, crocodiles, sharks and whales etc. The intention with this was to create a somewhat unique apex predator for Champala. I'll re-add the sections I removed sorry, I only took them out because there was nothing regarding them to put there.

[member=Chagri]

For ease, please mention me with the @ Mention button under my name. This will ensure that I see your response in a reasonable time!

Chagri said:
Language: N/A
While I understand why you removed this, there actually is something to put here. While not a language made of letters and words, all animals communicate somehow. In this case, it's sonar, and that should be mentioned here.

Chagri said:
Length when fully grown: 193 meters
This is...large, to say the least, and I'll address that next.

Chagri said:
Strengths: Enormous size, can eat most prey in a single bite Thick back/hide making them extremely hard to kill Can smell blood within the water from 34 kilometers away Extremely fast swimmer, but only in short bursts (peak speed: 83 miles per hour) Teeth as tough as durasteel and are constantly growing and being replaced Can survive in immense levels of pollution
This is the section I have the most problem with. The largest whales on Earth are around hundred feet, at most, if I'm not mistaken. These are twice that size, and can swim twice as fast, on top of that. Enormous size is a strength, but at such size, it's also a considerable weakness. The nose power and teeth are fine to me, however I would like to ask you lower the length at which they can smell blood. A longer nose does mean a better nose, but most sharks can only smell blood from less than a half-mile. The teeth are fine, as natural weapons are important to apex predators. For their hide on their back, could you please clarify their strength? If it's very thick, it might make the creature less flexible. Is it more scale-like? Can it withstand a lightsaber strike?

This is the biggest batch of things I want to help you fix. Everything after this is actually rather minor. Please also address the weaknesses of size that I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom