Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Curiosity and Cats

C O R U S C A N T
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Every time I'd come to this place, I'd landed myself in trouble somehow.

And yet, here I was, once more. As part of my training, my Master had sent me here, to see how much I could pilfer from the wealthy without being caught. There were some tasks and tests that I didn't enjoy, and some that I downright dreaded; but this, for once, was one that I was thoroughly looking forward to. Theft and vagrancy were where I was most at home, after all; and now, bolstered with new powers in the force... it should be like taking candy from a baby.

The building I'd chosen was one of the nicest I'd seen. Excellent. As I silently made my way through the corridors I could feel my heart race with excitement. I could only imagine all the riches I'd be able to pilfer from the rich and lazy. Nicholas would be pleased.

My mind was spinning with possibilities and ideas. Credits beyond my wildest dreams, treasures, nick-knacks, maybe even a rare force holocron. Who knew what sort of things would be owned by the people who stayed in buildings like this? I could feel my tail swishing behind me, my ears keenly tilted forwards as I crept through the halls. Although they were empty at this late hour, I still kept to one side, running my hands along the wall as I did. Presently, my form was hidden by the newest ability my Master had taught me; force cloak. Travelling against the wall was a necessity, as if someone appeared to hurry down this narrow corridor, they wouldn't move out of the way for me, and then my cover would be blown.

My destination was the penthouse.

Once I reached a floor or two below the top, I dropped the force cloak and made my way through the maintenance halls to the outside. From there, I glanced up, seeing the penthouse balcony above me. For a moment, fear gripped my heart. It seemed a long way away, and as the cool air ruffled through my hair, I felt my stomach lurch. The climb up was relatively simple; just the maintenance ladder and then a small hop to the balcony itself.

I turned my head and glanced below me.

Bad idea. Bad idea.

The city lights twinkled seemingly into nothingness below. My head swam, my entire body suddenly gripped in a panic. Taking a breath, I closed my eyes and steeled myself. Think of the reward, not the risk. Think of the riches, think of how you'll prove yourself if - no - when you manage to bring back to your Master.

Without giving myself any more time to think about it, I held my breath and scurried up the ladder, turning to leap onto the balcony of the penthouse.

My tail thrashed wildly, my ears pinned back against my head. But... I did it. Landing crouched upon the balcony itself, I remained still for a moment. Catching my breath. In a moment I'd get up and see about looting my destination for everything it had. But for now, I just needed a moment to calm myself.

At least the hard part was over.

The penthouse was beautiful, for what Valrayne had likely seen. Black marble accented in heavy electrum on most surfaces, and the electronic suite for the home was exceptional - a massive holonet television plastered the wall, while much else in the main atrium was eccentrically well off. The walls that didn’t have anything outright technological about them, instead had ancient paintings worth millions upon millions of credits - and yet, something drew the Sith’s attention somewhere else.​
Deeper, past the kitchen and the bar, past the rooms and the interesting aesthetic - there was a darkness in this place that seemed to beckon her forth. The marble would give way with no sound to her approach, and only after she had found the back of the hallway would she realize a spot on the wall to focus her energy - and would she, the door would open.​
Obsidian moved effortlessly back, and out of the way to show her a room covered in that blackened stone, sith runes glowing slightly on the wall and ceiling, and even a few on the floor; but more than that, on the wall was a sword that reeked power -​
The perfect gift for her master.​

It was as if I belonged here.

Making my way up to the balcony had been effortless, and slipping into the apartment proper had been almost too easy. Inside the penthouse itself, the cool night air was replaced by a pleasant, almost inviting warmth. As I delicately tiptoed across the floor, my eyes grew wide at the elegance and beauty of this place. I knew penthouse apartments were meant to be nice, but this one seemed to be almost on a whole other level.

It was so stunning that I forgot that I had intended to re-adopt the force cloak around myself. Instead, I wandered quietly through the silent apartment, gazing in awe at the vast riches on display upon the dark marble.

Wandering past the kitchen, I paused for a moment, glancing around. For the moment, I forgot myself, simply gazing around, wondering what it would be like to actually live in a place like this. I imagined waking up in some huge bed, fully kitted out with silken sheets, probably black like the stately marble. Then, coming out to the kitchen, enjoying some magnificent feast. With a sigh, I turned and continued deeper into the apartment. Maybe if I could figure out when the penthouse's occupant was away, I could stay here and try it out sometime.

My head canted to one side as I crept through the penthouse. There was a darkness here, an almost tangible presence that seemed to draw me in. There was something here... something that seemed to almost call to be mine. Wandering past the artworks and other treasures I could have pilfered, I followed this strange calling until a sleek, obsidian door fell open, biding me entry.

I let out a soft gasp of awe, gazing around at the glowing runes set into the black stone. The dark side was intense here. Taking a moment to catch my breath, I crept into the room.

There.

Against the far wall. That was what was calling to me. That was what I would take back as my prize. It was a beautiful sword, I almost didn't want to remove it from its place on the wall. But I wasn't here to admire... I was here to take.

"Come here, beautiful," I purred, my lips curling into a smile as I approached the weapon.

In the Lion's Den...
Maliphant’s eyes opened when he felt her presence - a lamb in the lion’s den. And yet - he didn’t rise from his bed, grab his blade, and move in for the kill; no, he had to be more methodical than that. He couldn’t sense a Sith Lord nearby; only the weak nature of an apprentice with her focus somewhere else. Slowly, Maliphant rose, grabbed the hilt of his lightsaber, and treaded the marble out of his room.​
Down the stairs, back around again, and he leaned against the doorway Valrayne had opened only a moment before; his brow furrowing as he crossed his arms. Almost as to startle her, the Sith Lord offered her only a few words;​
See anything you like?”, the alabaster haired demon asked, his lips dripping with molten silver.​
Its not often I get guests - especially ones that aren’t invited.”​

OzyBot.jpg

I took another step towards the beautiful wall-mounted weapon.

But there I paused, feeling almost as though a cold breeze had come into the room. It hadn't, of course, and my hair hung down my back, unruffled as the air was still. Yet, a shiver raced down my spine. Immediately, my heart began to race. That tingle in my core, that hum of warning, my tail swished warily, my stomach dropped as I-

See anything you like?

A yelp of shock escaped my lips as my ears suddenly flattened against my head.

There, standing in the doorway, was a tall man, a Sith Lord. Power emanated from him like waves of cold from the heart of Hoth itself. Echani, I suspected. He simply towered over me. My heart stopped in my chest, breaths hanging in my throat, unwilling to threaten his wrath by slipping out in a gasp at his visage. His skin was pale, his hair like strands of moonlight as it cascaded from his head. His eyes... were fixed on me.

My mouth opened but nothing came out, and the Sith himself continued.

"I'm not a guest..." I replied, my heart starting to beat again all at once in panicked racing, "I'm just a stray cat... wandered in looking for a little food."

Burying the fear under a smirk, I shrugged one shoulder,

"I'm sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to wake you. I'll just... I'll just be going... maybe find a saucer of milk elsewhere"

Whether or not I expected this Sith to actually let me walk out of his apartment was not even on my mind. I was acting on instinct, falling back on my habit of talking my way out. A little banter, a little rapport, and perhaps he'd at least consider sparing my life.

I hoped...

I’m not a guest...:”​
You certainly are not.”, he offered back, quiet and dangerous as he was. His gaze was piercing, unmoving, and eternally focused.​
Maliphant lifted himself from the door, and walked towards her - but as soon as he was within distance to attack her, to lash out and lay her low, he passed by her; his hand moving to grab the sword off the wall, testing its balance. It wasn’t the most impressive sword he had created, but it was a decent example of his work - if not a more ‘scribble in the notebook’ for the would be alchemic artist.​
You could steal much better.”, he offered quietly before pointing the tip of the blade towards her chin.​
Who sent you, kitten?”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom