Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Cuni Mold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Cuni (Or Cuni Mold)
Designation: Non-sentient
Homeworld: Cayay
Language: None
Average height of adults: N/A
Skin color: Black
Hair color: N/A
Breathes: Type I

Strengths:
Quick spreading - Cuni Mold spores and spreads extremely fast, allowing it to completely consume a full-grown human in as little as twenty-four hours.
'Hurts like a Zakkeg bite' - A human infected with Cuni Mold described the pain as 'Being wrapped in lightsabers'.

Weaknesses:
Mold - It's a mold. It can't fight back. It can't dodge your attacks. It can't wield a lightsaber.
Kutaan excretion - For reasons unknown, the flammable chemical that Kutaans excrete is extremely deadly to Cuni Mold, and kills it on contact.
Needs moisture - Cuni mold requires a great amount of moisture. It can either collect it from the enviroment, or from it's host, but if deprived of moisture for more then a few hours, the mold will begin to die.
Acids - Nearly all forms of acids, ranging from citric fruit juice to battery acid, is instantly deadly to Cuni Mold, and prevents it's spores from spreading. The only known exception to this is the mold's own enzymes. Though, oddly enough, Cuni Mold has evolved resistance against many of the acids- other then stomach acid, which kills the mold on contact- found in most species' biology, in order to effectively feed without being destroyed. Most boddily acids still have effect on the mold, slowing it's progress, but does not kill the mold entirely.
Extreme cold - Extreme cold kills the mold rather quickly.
Fire - KILL IT WITH FIYA

Distinctions: Cuni is described as a quick-growing thick black mold.
Average Lifespan: Up to thirty hours in mold form, but the spores can lay dormant for up to six standard months.
Races: None
Estimated Population: Impossible to predict, but it only naturally grows on Cayay
Diet: Flesh, preferably living.
Communication: None

Culture: It's a mold.
Technology level: Still a mold.

General behavior: Cuni Mold has an interesting, and deadly, life cycle. Spores will lay dormant in moist climates for up to six months, until they can be stirred up by movement and land on a living host. Once in contact with the host, the spores typically either find their way in to the pores, ears, eyes, nose, and other crevices- or are washed off. If not washed off within an hour, the spores will begin to grow- statring as a slight brushing of black that resembles newly grown fur, before it begins to spread, anchoring itself in the pores of it's victim. As it grows, the mold secretes an acidic chemical that breaks up the flesh of it's host, before the nutrients are absorbed by the fungi. This is described as extremely painful. The only known ways to remove the mold are by depriving it of moisture, or bathing in acidic substances- such as citric fruit juice. If not removed in time, the mold will spread extremely quickly- releasing spores into the air every few hours as well, to infect others- eating fat, muscle, and any other bodily tissues. Substances such as bacta and kolto simply give the mold more to eta, and are ineffective. Once the host is stripped down to a skeleton, the mold will die- but not before releasing millions of spores by then into the air.

Treatments for Cuni Mold includes bathing in Acid Beat juice, being locked in an arid chamber with a very low humidty and be deprived of water (to dehydrate the patient, and kill the mold), freezing the patient, and dousing the patient in gasoline, before lighting a match.

History: Cuni mold was not discovered by the greater galaxy, as Kutaan were immune, until humans from Barafka attacked Cayay, causing dozens if not hundreds of humans to become infected. The epidemic was not allowed to spread from the Nidaam system, however, as the humans soon returned to their freezing planet, causing the mold growing ont he infected individuals to die. Since then, Cuni Mold has never left the planet, as Kutaans rarely let non-kutaans- other then the Shaki, who suffer hundreds of casualties every year from the fungus- enter their planet's atmosphere.

Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To flesh out the Nidaam System, and put another deadly microbe in the Star Wars Universe.

I get ideas for species when I have nothing to do but read all day, then I make them when I have a chance to get on a computer... God help the Nidaam System.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Mrrew"]

It is mold and while moldy it isn't that overpowered. I like it not something we see all the time so brownie points.

smiling_pinkie_pie_approved_stamp_by_9qsm78-d4t0t3y.png

Approved pending secondary

[member="Maria Natalja"]

1.) Other then obvious exceptions, I would guess pretty much. Anything with flesh, the carnivorous mold will eat. :)

2.) Stomach acid would, so if the mold ruptured the stomach that'd be bad. By then, the host wouldn't care much anyway though... >_>

As far as I nkow there's no other acids in the human body, if there is do tell aqnd i'll awnser your question more accuratly. :D

This is why i'm not a biologist... XD

"Though, oddly enough, Cuni Mold has evolved resistance against many of the acids- other then stomach acid, which kills the mold on contact- found in most species' biology, in order to effectively feed without being destroyed. Most boddily acids still have effect on the mold, slowing it's progress, but does not kill the mold entirely. "

Will that suffice?
[member="Maria Natalja"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom