Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cultivating Kindness

wb1.png
TAGS:
Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr
alexboarder.png
Under the dappled sunlight of Lothal's tranquil landscape, Braze found solace in the simple act of tending to a raised garden bed. The towering treehouse that had become his second home on Lothal, offering him a stark contrast from solitude from the bustling city life he had come to know.

Kneeling beside the raised bed, his hands gently cradling the rich Lothalian soil, Braze carefully prepared the ground for the small berry plants he planned to cultivate. His kitten, Soot, a tiny ball of fur and boundless energy, pounced through the tall grasses surrounding the garden bed, chasing after grasshopper-like bugs with a playful fervor.
Braze couldn't help but smile at the sight of Soot's antics, finding a sense of calm and contentment in the serene beauty of Lothal's countryside. This was a peaceful afternoon- what could go wrong?

"This is... impressive," Malum whistled appreciatively, descending from a hill nearby, having noticed the treehouse on his trek towards the ruins of the Temple of Lothal, having finally been able to avoid the conversation and notice of the Nautolan Jedi back at the settlement, and having made his way to scout out the ruins of the Temple, on his quest to find the entrance to the World Between Worlds.

Well on that journey and no doubt incoming headache, he had noticed the large treehouse, and allowed himself to be distracted, reasoning that it would be best to confirm there was no one else nearby, before continuing on.

But of course, that excuse was as weak as it was transparent.

So ignoring the chiding within his brain, he gazed upon the structure from his short distance away, through the blue contacts designed to hide his identity, almost seeming to be built alongside the tree, rather than in spit of it, he could not spot any points where the tree had been harmed in its construction. Perhaps more importantly, it seemed remarkably new, as if either recently constructed, or maintained to a near obsessive and intricate degree.

It was incredibly large as well, which was the true wonder of the thing, the tree was large for certain, but how it held up multiple stories as it did, was a mystery all in itself.

Though... Malum thought, considering its location so close to the ruins of the Temple, perhaps that mystery was more quickly solved than he had initially thought.

That was when he noticed the... man? Woman? Figure, he settled on figure, resting themselves beside a plot of earth, seeming to be tending to some plant, all the while their cat played around in restless abandon, all until it noticed him.

He was not alone...

Urgh, he would not have any break from the Jedi and their ilk today, would he? Confirming that his concealment was still active, he offered a shy wave, "Hello... I was just wandering through, but well... is this your treehouse? It is a magnificent thing," He was to say miss or sir, but well, with their back turned, and their figure not exactly helping him, he was unable to decide truly to which gender he was currently speaking.

Indeed, they already reminded him of Venerandus, and their almost mystical, magical, ability to somehow seem part of both sexes. Still, he already had Venerandus to confuse him, he did not need someone else, especially not who he was all but certain it was, this close to the ruins.

A Jedi.

Braze Braze

Braze, momentarily distracted from his gardening, turned towards the sound of the voice. His eyes, reflecting a hint of surprise, quickly scanned the newcomer. Noting Malum's cautious approach and the subtle use of Force stealth, Braze's expression softened into a guarded but polite smile.

"Yes, this is my place," Braze replied, his voice carrying a tone of pride mixed with a touch of curiosity. "I built it with care, making sure it blends with the surroundings. It's peaceful here, close to nature and the Force."

He paused, tilting his head slightly as he observed Malum. "I don't often get visitors, especially not this close to the temple ruins. What brings you to this part of Lothal?" Braze inquired, his tone friendly yet inquisitive.

Braze's cat, sensing the new presence, might circle around Malum, sniffing curiously before returning to Braze's side. Braze would watch this interaction, using it as a subtle gauge of Malum's intentions.

Oh, joy, of joys, even with the figure turning to face him, Malum could not tell clearly which sex they belonged, they had the face of one that seemingly with a blink shifted between the masculine and feminine, a mop of platinum locks that held just enough length that it could be mistaken for male or female, and clothing that was entirely androgynous. Malum was left in a state of looking at both a beautiful woman, and a handsome man.

Truly, he felt the confusion that was prevalent whenever he spoke to Venerandus.

It was entirely unfair he told the stars, not that they ever listened.

He tried to ignore such thoughts, as he focused on the words of the figure before him, "You are truly a one-of-a-kind architect," Malum spoke, gazing upon the structure again, he could feel the life brimming in the area, and with that, not so far away was the Force, that seductress that made them all feel so powerful, as it subtly enslaved them.

He paused at the question, another Jedi that desired to know why he was at Lothal, just his luck, "I am a bit of an archaeologist, simply curious to tour the grounds, record what I see, and look for any relics, artefacts or anything else of note." Not exactly incorrect, he was an amateur archaeologist, and he was curious to see the ruins up close.

And he would pilfer anything of note or use.

But still, it would be best to not let the androgynous runt know of his true purpose, it was unlikely the Jedi knew of the World Between Worlds... but if there was any Jedi that did know, it would likely be the one before him. After all, he did not entirely buy the story that they had coincidentally decided to settle so close to the Temple, building a treehouse near it even.

Were they some guardian then?

But then why did they look so young?

He blinked, breaking his musings, as the Jedi's feline companion came close, Malum, always an animal lover by the fact there had not been many upon Jutrand, being a city world, could not help himself, but reach down to pet the creature, before seeing it off, watching as it returned to the Jedi's side, a genuine smile plastered on his face.

Better a fluffy, adorable cat after all, than an annoying holier-than-thou Nautolan.

Braze Braze

"Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be allowed," Braze said, his tone laced with a hint of regret. "The adults, the Jedi Masters, are conducting research there at the moment. They've been quite adamant about the dangers. It's not a place you can just stroll into without understanding the risks involved."

He shifted slightly, the memory of his last visit to the temple playing in his mind. "Jedi Master and Seer Tirin Raene Tirin Raene is leading the current expedition. He's highly respected, but even he approaches this mission with a level of caution that speaks volumes. Last time I was there, the temple was overrun with giant spiders. And we're not talking about small, harmless ones – these were the kind that could give even the most seasoned Jedi pause. So, it's definitely not an ideal destination right now."

Braze leaned back, his eyes reflecting a deep understanding of the temple's unique nature. "This temple isn't like the others. It's not meant for casual visits. It has a very specific purpose and a unique energy. The atmosphere there is... different, almost alive with the Force. And with the ongoing research, that energy is even more pronounced."

He shook his head gently, conveying his uncertainty. "I'm not sure it's a place for outsiders, especially under the current circumstances. The Jedi there are doing more than just exploring; they're uncovering ancient truths, engaging in deep study. The temple itself feels like a living entity, full of secrets."

With a sigh, Braze added, "As much as curiosity is a natural feeling, I believe it's best to leave the Jedi to their work for now. Perhaps, once they've ensured the temple's safety and gleaned the knowledge they seek, it might open up for others. But for the moment, it remains a place of discovery and learning, and not without its perils."

He did not say a single word in interruption as the short Jedi spoke of all that was happening at the ruins of the Lothal Jedi Temple, and he? She? They? Spoke at length of all that was happening there, not that he complained, it was a vaunt of knowledge, and his brain, along with the parasite in it, was quick to take it all in, consuming their words, analysing them, discerning what was important, and storing the information in its rightful sorted place.

Jedi Masters conducting research.

Dangerous.

Seer Tirin Raene Tirin Raene , a name he did not recognise, and as far as he knew, not sitting upon the Jedi Council, thus a threat certainly, but perhaps not the greatest of threats.

Yet he was seemingly not the only master there, which was certainly a deep concern.

Temple overrun with spiders, he resisted the urge to shiver, he did not soon forget the last time he had fought their kind, in that laboratory that had exploded and let their gigantic kind.

They and their spindly furry legs.

So many legs.

He could not quite help but shiver.

The Jedi speaking of specific purposes and unique energies did give him pause. Was that... code? Of some kind? Were they toying with him, trying to subtly nudge him away from what he knew already to be the case? Or was this simply the Jedi's understanding of how the portal to the World Between Worlds functioned? He could not be quite sure.

It was the end which caught his attention the most, essentially a rejection of his ability to enter the complex. Something that would certainly not do.

"Perhaps I may assist them, after all, I am a Jedi of some knowledge and calibre myself, Malum of House Marrtaniel, at your service," Red eyes glimmered under the blue contacts, as he performed a theatrical bow, reaching into his robes, and with a hiss, a blue plasma found itself alight in front of them.

To walk straight into the lion's den.

That was the height of arrogance and danger.

Yet had not Malum known all that more, time and time again?

Braze Braze

"Someone actually named you Malum? Wow, that's a bit harsh," Braze commented, a hint of sympathy in his tone. "You might be able to lend a hand... I'm not entirely sure what the grown-ups are aiming to accomplish, but it sounded like some sort of clandestine gathering or mission," he elaborated, trying to piece together the snippets of information he had overheard.

"If you're looking to be useful, though, you could start by helping me dig a few trenches," Braze suggested more earnestly, his voice soft yet inviting. "We've got a lot of groundwork to cover, and extra hands are always welcome. Plus, it might be a good way to show them you're here to contribute, not just to snoop around," he added, hoping to engage the newcomer in a task that, while mundane, was crucial to their preparations.

He blinked.

Then he blinked again.

And for good measure, he blinked again.

His name was an uncommon one, and in some tongues, it meant something that was entirely tone-deaf, yet to simply point it out to a stranger? How rude. They were quickly eroding what good first impression they had made upon him, as something, something very familiar, began to stir at the back of his mind, apparently, warranting her attention.

The Jedi remained always so annoyingly aloof, so content to remain up on their ivory towers and look down upon them all.

Though he supposed in this instance, the tower was a treehouse.

He let out a hollow breath from his lips, calming himself, as he offered nought but a simple smile, "And, so what would be your name?" He uttered, gears turning at the back of his mind, at the offer given to him, it was so directly said, he might have thought it sarcasm, that his true nature had been revealed.

Yet at the same time... they said it so genuinely, he could not be entirely sure.

He clapped his hands together, despite his nobility, he was no stranger to manual labour... or well... he was, but he was no stranger to manual effort at least.

"And where are these trenches going to be dug?"

Braze Braze

"Me? Oh, I've got a dumb name too, don't worry about it," he said, his tone breezy and devoid of any discomfort. "I sometimes think my parents were having a laugh when they named me, just to see how I'd handle it. My name's Braze," he introduced himself.

He flashed a grin, the kind that suggested he had long since come to terms with the oddity of his name and the teasing it had once brought. "Yeah, Braze. Like to braze metal, or maybe they hoped I'd have a fiery personality. Jury's still out on that one," he joked.

"I've probably heard all the puns by now. " Braze added.

Braze leaned in slightly, adopting a conspiratorial whisper, "Between you and me, I've considered going by a cool alias. Something like 'Shadowblade' or 'Mystic Wind.' But, let's be honest, I can barely keep a straight face saying those out loud."

Straightening up, he clapped his hands together, mirroring the other's gesture but with a playful exaggeration. "As for the trenches, well, they're going to be dug... somewhere around here. I was thinking we could start by that big tree over there and work our way around. Or we could just randomly dig holes until it feels right. I'm all about that intuitive landscaping," Braze said, gesturing vaguely around the area with a wide sweep of his arm.

Braze Braze ...

Alright, he supposed he had no right to be annoyed at his own name, for well after all he had no right already, he liked his name, was proud of what it was, its history, and its meaning. Still, if there was any lingering shame, for any of its... less than ideal meanings, he certainly could not complain when the one in front of him was called...

...Braze?

Oh, it would be rather humourous if Malum was not attempting to do his best to avoid offending the Jedi that held at least now, the key to his advancement to the Temple.

But seriously.

Braze?

He honestly was not sure if Blaze would have been a better name or not... it was certainly more in line with what the... person, considered nicknaming themselves, a Blaze would have fit right in with Shadowblade and Mystic... Wind. Yet ironically enough, Blaze likely also would have worked in the scenarios that they painted regarding their parents, fiery personality indeed.

He blinked.

Realising he had spent the last few seconds considering the use of Blaze as a name... and why someone would ever name their child... Braze.

"Do not be distracted." The all-too-familiar voice of Darth Ophidia broke his thoughts, chiding and lecturing.

Though as he banished his thought, he could not exactly blame her.

"Braze is a... fine name," It was short, and straight to the point at least, though Malum had noticed the fact that they had not mentioned their last name, a curious detail he would file away for later, "You are right though, Shadowblade and Mystic Wind would be rather silly... have you considered perhaps something rather easy, if on the nose... Blaze?"

At this point it was idle curiosity, they had mentioned hearing all the puns before, this had to be one of them, no?

He could not help the smile that poked through at the mimicking of his actions, a clap following his, exaggerated certainly, but one that seemed more teasing than mocking, as seemingly blue eyes traversed the terrain that Braze pointed out. This was rather ad hawk, he supposed, but well, whatever would get him to where he wanted.

He extended out his hand to the tree which Braze pointed, feeling the Force swell about him. This was somewhat risky, however, he had another trick up his sleeve, as almost a mist, a false aura clouded around them. He would feel every part the Jedi that he claimed himself to be, as he pulled, feeling the dirt, feeling the roots, feeling even the small stones and sands waver, as he pulled.

And with a release of his breath, a great chunk of earth was released from the ground, landing nearby.

As he turned towards Braze, "How deep do you need them to be... and if I might ask... what foe do you believe you will face, that they will simply be turned away by a trench?" For certain if this would get him access he would do what was asked... but at the same time, he could not help but feel this was somewhat foolish.

All the while a bead of sweat trailed his brow, and his breathing grew in tempo.

Braze held up a hand and snapped his fingers, igniting a small flame at the base of Darth Malum of House Marr's feet after asking about "Blaze."

"Only if I roast everyone who annoys me, perhaps,"
he quipped, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

With a fluid motion, Braze shifted his hand and effortlessly scraped out a portion of earth where Malum had stood, setting it aside with surprising ease. Levitating and moving heavy objects seemed trivial to him, as if it were second nature. He carved out the section to his liking, declaring, "About 12 feet deep and 15 feet across."

"Plains predators, of course,"
Braze explained matter-of-factly, as if the reasoning were self-evident. "Even if they are persistent, it will at least slow them down and provide a good space to introduce fish for further agricultural engineering here."

"I will do my best not to annoy you then," Malum offered with a ghost of a smile, quickly reexamining his view of the Jedi Padawan, h- sh- they, certainly were misguided, and if the opportunity was there for him in the future to try to bring them to the darkness, he certainly would take it. That very much exemplified the change of opinion in his mind.

The padawan was not aloof or arrogant in the way of the rest of their Order.

Indeed, they seemed downright... innocent.

It would be a tragedy what this galaxy would do to that innocence.

If only... if only he could try to convince him of the truth of the darkness now... he would not be able to save their innocence, but at least, allow him the strength to come out stronger.

Alas, not today.

Perhaps one other day, if they crossed paths again.

His eyes widened, as the earth beneath him shifted, a great chunk of the earth shifted, with him atop, barely balancing himself, before he landed with a breath of relief.

Cheeky.

And certainly said something about the padawan's capabilities.

Yet another reason, to bring him to the darkness... they could be such a boon to their cause.

"Understood," He said, settling down from his sudden and short flight, as he considered the rest of what the Jedi told him, "You are certainly ambitious, do you plan to have this entire area populated?" He supposed there were townships nearby, perhaps they imagined to draw them here, "And is the wildlife in Lothal truly that dangerous?" He only knew of the cats and wolves, well the bats too, but a trench would not be stopping them.

Braze Braze

"No... I just wanted a nice place to cultivate a little spot for peaceful relaxation for myself," Braze clarified, his tone gentle yet resolute. "I have no intentions of building up a community here... and yes... some of the wildlife is very dangerous. Better to be avoided sometimes. Terrain barriers play well into the natural system."

He continued his work with unwavering focus, fully intent on creating a small river moat to surround the tree home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom