Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC CSDF A.k.a The Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
QKzC8h2.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION​
Intent: Civilian Militia that establishes itself to fight injustice and cruelty, In short story fluff fun​
Image Credit: Wasteland 2 by inXile Entertainment and Andree Wallin(Artist), Image Alter by Sanya, Ranger Badge Creation also by Sanya​
Role: Civilian Militia​
Links: starwarsrp.net/index.php?app=groups&module=view&gid=369,​
GENERAL INFORMATION​
Unit Name: CSDF(Civilian Self Defense Force) but are referred to as "The Rangers"​
Affiliation: Semi Independent with ties to O.R.C http://starwarsrp.net/groups/369-outer-rim-coalition-the-underground/
Classification: Multirole, ragtag​
Equipment: Ranger Badge, Any gear that O.R.C determines they should have.​
COMBAT INFORMATION​
Availability: Limited​
Deployment: Minor​
Strengths & Weaknesses:
  • Strength: Uncommon strength: The people of the CSDF are a hardy folk, strong in ways that most would admit existed. They will stand against impossible odds and fight until they are all dead or they claim victory.
  • Strength: Irregular army: because the size of the CDSF, they try to avoid large scale combat on the ground and prefer more unorthodox styles of combat
  • Strength: Home Turf: Rangers tend not to stray to far from the area's they protect and are not afraid to set up ambushes and traps for unwanted guests.
  • Strength: Its not magic: while very few the rangers do have force users among them and even fewer with actual training to harness those abilities.
  • Both: Odd Squad: Ranger are not assigned into squads or even given training unless they request it, because of this squads all fight differently and us different tactics, weapons and armor. This makes preparing to fight against rangers hard to do but also means that they often lack whats required to do a mission properly.
  • Weakness: This gun is a family heirloom: Most Ranger prefer to pick and choose their gear and often use weapons and armors that are outdated
  • Weakness: Boots, blades and bullets: While the CDSF has a fleet they don't really stay near planets often hunting pirates instead of assisting Rangers. While its not always, true for the most part Rangers a ground only force.
  • Weakness: Discipline?: Only a few of the Rangers have had any military training which often leads to weak discipline.
  • Weakness:Resource: the men and women who make up their ranks have a hard time gathering resources. They solely depend on what they can scavenge, barter, steal or be given to keep operating.
Description:​
Life on the frontier is never easy, it's full of hardships just by trying to etch a living out, then you throw people whom care nothing for themselves and you create the will to fight back.eventually people rise up to fight back, and sometime a they become something more. At first they were just a group of people who banded together to protect their families against the raiders that had plagued them for years,but unlike the many whom came before them they were successful in overcoming the challenge. Such a simple thing as fighting back inspired others folk to take a stand for themselves, to not just lay down and take the constant beatings we had all come to know well in this hard unforgiving life. They didn’t have a name in the start, just groups of people roaming space lending a hand to those in need. That was ok at first, but people quickly started to realize that them not having a name made them more a legend then fact, that's when folks started calling them “The Rangers.​
At first it was just a title honestly, something we gave to people to selfless to ask for payment for a good deed. But give anything long enough and it becomes a ideal, something that has the power to change history for better or worse. All i know is a while ago them Rangers started united, the many becoming the one and thats when they started wearing that little gold star. The Rangers badge, a simply piece of copper that didn’t cost more than a few credits, became a symbol of freedom and hope.​
Now I know they ain’t nothing fancy like them scoundrels from the O.R.C but what they lack for looks, they make up in grit. Now y’all gotta understand that they come from all walks of life, most of them didn’t know anything about combat when they started and yeah many died off. But those whom survived became something to reckoned with, men and women with thousand yard stares and skills that would make a soldier’s training look like childs play. They also seem to name their squads, some are more creative than others but who cares about that kind of thing let them have their little happiness they done enough to earn stuff like that.​
Their gear? Heh nothing fancy there, I have seen them use weapons and armors from ages long since past. But that don’t seem to stop them, you know what they say… it ain't the gun it's how y’all use it and ill be damn if they don’t know how to use them. They got them snipers that can hit targets so far away not even I can see em, then guys that are a little to happy to be around explosives. I honestly think that they probably got a guy for just about anything ‘n’ everything, I know for a fact they got a couple of them force using people. Still they had told me one thing before they left and they said to pass it on to anyone that I just happen to come across.. “If you need us, call. If you join us, welcome. If you wrong us, beware.” Whats that mean? You must not be a from around these parts… You go ahead and rob us son, you’ll know soon enough.​

Netherworld

[member="Ayhia Katar"]

While this is not a hard requirement, I would ask that you reformat the submission to left-aligned – it makes it much easier to read.

Ayhia Katar said:
Affiliation: Semi Independent with ties to O.R.C
  • Link the faction please.

Ayhia Katar said:
Deployment: Varies from limited to Minor depending on situation
  • Choose one or the other, please.
  • If there's a specialized division of the Rangers that would be more suited to the Limited rating, submit it as a separate unit.

Ayhia Katar said:
I know for a fact they got a couple of them force using people.
  • That's not a detail to tuck away into the description – that's a Strength. Please add it to the list and counterbalance it with another appropriate Weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom