Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystalogy I

Crystalogy I
pres_guide7_zpsfb727b8b.jpg
[member="Jaron Lesan"]

Outer Rim Territories.
Carrion sector.
Sojourn system, Sojourn.

It was time for work. Together, Darth Ayra and Jaron Lesan had successfully harvested a Qixoni crystal each, confirming for the latter of his new path down the dark side of the Force. For the former, it was the beginning stages of a project into the realm of crystalogy- a science that the Sith Lord had come up with by herself- in which Ayra would collect a rare collection of Lightsaber crystals for study and research. The Qixoni that was now in her possession was the first of these exceedingly rare crystals. It was time to attain the next.

The Katak was another rare crystal that were known to have been used by those who walked the line of the dark side. It was said to have the ability to drain the life force of someone in it's vicinity- although not fatal at first, prolonged exposure could be deadly- and it was a Katak that Jaron would retrieve next for his new dark master.

"The Fort" was a nickname used to describe the residence in which Alicia Drey lived in. It resembled the type of structure one could become to expect from fantasy stories and whilst it looked like a fort, it held minor defenses in comparison to the type of buildings seen on Coruscant or Bastion. Save for the walls that surrounded it, a battalion under the command of @Jaster of the clan Awaud were deployed in space, whilst a group of Sun Guards patrolled the ground. It's main defense was that of it's solitude and it's secrets. Nobody knew that Alicia Drey was a Sith Lord and anyone who knew Darth Ayra did not know she was Alicia Drey. There was some small exceptions to the rule. Darth Pandeima knew who she was, whereas some suspected based on her encounters with Rave Merrill, who was long deceased now. Nothing concrete, however.

Wearing a dark robe, with it's cowl drawn over her head, Darth Ayra waited at the gates to her home, with her yellow eyes trained on the skies above. It was raining on Sojourn- it was the type of season for it- and thus specks of water fell from the heavens onto the Sith Lord. She was waiting for Jaron to arrive, so that they could sit down and discuss the next job she had for her new subordinate. Dinner was in the process of being cooked, which they could enjoy whilst they conversed.

Jaron had lived as a nomad of sorts since his release from Ayra's presence the last time hey had met. The only thing that had been consistent was his ventures to Korriban, to the Valley of the Dark Lords. He was learning from them, but this was his own secret. Ayra was not the only one who kept things secret from the other. Until they were truly engaged in an apprenticship, Jaron would keep his secrets from his overseer. Granted, each task would seemingly come with a reward, so he was curious.

The estate was large, and Jaron was surprised to see the detail of security used to secure the place. One thought highly of her own importance to employ that many in her service just for the sake of keeping herself guarded. What was so valuable in the estate that it needed to be so heavily guarded anyway? Jaron would have the answer soon enough.

Tattered robes had been replaced with a new set of robes to show the change which had occurred. The red blade was not the only indicator of his fall. The once dark eyes were beginning to yellow, a red rim forming on the edge of his irises. The newly built weapon which he had promised to have constructed by their next meeting hung from his belt. It was well used already as some of the leather for his robes came from the hssiss which attacked him on his journies to Korriban.

Boots echoed with each step as the sound traveled against the stone walls and floor. A table had been set, and Jaron approached, and without a word, sat across form his master. His hood was removed. It did not matter of the guards knew his face or not.

"You've summoned me again. What is your wish for me this time?"

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

When Jaron arrived, Ayra greeted him at the gates. "Welcome to Sojourn, Jaron. This way." She turned and entered the Fort, leading the Dark Jedi down the hallway. There were several doors to the left and right hand sides of the hall as they walked down. They led into studies, sitting rooms and storage rooms, whilst a hallway led down into the area assigned to the family that lived there. Their names were the Alfonsi, who were from Chandrila. Alicia had met with them ten years ago during the days of poverty, offering them a place to call home in return for their service. She paid them wages and those wages were used to give their children an education. There was even the possibility of them getting a job once they left school at one of the several corporations Alicia had acquired over the years.

At the end of the hall was another set of wooden gates. To the side of the gate was a staircase, that led to the quarters where the Sun Guards resided and Alicia's own master bedroom. Beyond the bedrooms was another staircase that led up a spire to the top of a tower that overlooked Sojourn and it's forest. Ayra extended her hand to the gate when she arrived and opened it, leaving it open for Jaron to pass. The dining room was as large as the hallway, complete with a dining table, chairs and cutlery. Windows- made out of glass, not transparisteel- showed the torrents of rain that were falling outside. It was a grey and dark day, which was almost suitable to the man and woman who would settle down for a conversation that was the beginning steps to the end of the galaxy.

Ayra settled herself in the chair- more like a throne than the other chair that Jaron would sit in- and lifted her hands to the cowl of her robe, lowering it from her head. It was the first time that her subordinate would gaze upon her dashing good looks and the yellow, predatory eyes that she had, for she had not revealed her face nor lowered her hood when they had met in the Qixoni system three weeks ago. It showed that there was now a level of trust between them both. She gestured for Jaron to take the seat nearest to hers. The seat at the other end of the dining table was a yard away, which wasn't suitable for conversation.

"Sit down Jaron, we have much to discuss." She listened to his response before explaining. "I need you to retrieve another crystal. Much like the Qixoni that we acquired together, this crystal is a particularly rare one. It is called a Katak crystal. Have you heard of it?"

Crystals were not his forte, so he shook his head.

"No, in passing perhaps, but I'm not aware of what the properties are."

His eyes focused on her face. Jaron had not seen it before, and he was surprised, in a way, to see that she was very beautiful. It matched her figure well, though Jaron thought it wise to keep his opinion to himself at the moment. While she may or may not mind whatever opinion he had of her, her eyes warned that she had a predators heart. These were not so easily reached, and Jaron wanted the power she possessed to become his. This was not the time for such compliments at any rate. They were discussing his next task.

A napkin, cloth, was taken from the table and set in his lap as he prepared for the meal which was to come. This would be the first solid meal he'd had in a while. Ration bars had been his diet, and he was looking forward to whatever would be served. Not much could be worse than ration bars.

"Where are we to retrieve this crystal from, or is this a task you are sending me on alone?

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

"It is a rare crystal, as I am sure you have guessed, that has the ability to drain the life force of another. If an individual has prolonged exposure to a Katak crystal, then that exposure can be life threatening. So do be careful." Dinner was served. It was a simple meal. Chicken, potatoes and a series of vegetables, alongside gravy and an assortment of other sauces of their choosing. Ayra nodded to the maid that served the dinner to both her and Jaron, before picking up the gravy mug and pouring it onto her meal.

As she cut her first mouthful with a fork and knife, Ayra said. "This will be a test of your resourcefulness. I will give you a period of one month to find a Katak crystal and if you do, then I shall reward you. I cannot promise another Lightsaber crystal, such as the Qixoni that I gave you, but I can give you a ship better than the freighter you use. Does that sound agreeable to you?"

"I've been looking for a better ship... Though I can be picky..."

A ship of his own that could replace the old freighter? That would be nice, but he didn't just fly any ship. He was Corellian after all, and proud of it. He looked at the food set before him and began to eat. He was hungry.

"A month? Do you know where I should start?"

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

"No idea Jaron. As I said, this will be a test of your resourcefulness. I will give you one month to find a Katak crystal. If I do not hear from you by the time that the month expires, with no Katak to give me, then I will have assumed you failed." Ayra took a bite of chicken, mixed with gravy and a potato. She chewed her mouthful and then swallow. Next, she picked up her glass of water to wash her food down, smacked her lips together and then said. "If you do not get a Katak by a months time, then it is still expected for you to make contact with me. From there, we will deal with your failure accordingly."

"As I said, if you succeed however, I will give you a new ship as a reward. One that will be far better than the freighter you use. Do we have an accord?"

"Very well," he said forking more chicken into his mouth, then washing it down with the water provided. Jaron swalloeed before speaking again. "If you keep bargaining rewards for the tasks I finish, you're going to be giving me a place to live sooner or later. We have an agreement."

Jaron knew when the meal was done he would have to leave straight away. One month's time was not long when it came to a search for something rare. Usually he could reach out to the Jedi, but he had forsaken them. The list of resources he had in regards to dark side contacts was slim. There was one though, and she was pretty resourceful. Jaron would start with her.

"Is there anything else you wanted to discuss before I began the search," he said finishing the food on his plate. "If not, I should be off to the task before my time runs out completely."

His eyes shifted to the yellow gaze of his master looking for confirmation. Her pretty face still haunted him. This was the second time he had met a Sith with such striking features. How was it someone so pretty could be so dark? It was truly a mystery.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

"No Jaron. That is all. Of course, I needn't state the obvious, but I am a meticulous person, so I am going to anyway. The nature of our contact is a secret. Where we meet is a secret and what you do for me is a secret as well. Those of us who seek power discover short cuts to becoming powerful, but the journey is long and arduous for a reason and ultimately, those short cut will come back to haunt you."

"When you find the Katak crystal, contact me immediately. Good luck." Ayra finished her dinner and then left the hall, leaving Jaron to his task.

Jaron spent the better part of the month looking for the crystal he was sent to search for. There was nothing like finding a crystal which literally was so rare, no one truly knew where it grew. There had to be a shift in the search. Research seemed to indicate the crystal was used in the lightsabers of Sith Lords. All research anyone had seemed to indicate that's all anyone new by way of location. It was a long shot, but Jaron would dig up graves when he could.

His adventures over the month had seen him in suitable places to find the crystal, but one thing was certain, he was not finding the crystal. Jaron refused to fail. First he wanted the ship, and second, his master promised suitable punishment if he failed. There was part of him that knew it would be better to never see the woman again if he failed, but also knew his life may be forfeit if he dared to just disappear.

Jaron finally decided to brave the Valley of Sith Lords once more. This time he was alone. Odd how over time there had been many grave robbers, but none so foolish, or desperate, to steal something from a sealed tomb. Jaron knew many other Sith had robbed tombs before though, and a dead body was a dead body. If the Katak crystal was used in the lightsabers of the Dark Lords, or even one of them, Jaron would have it. The hssiss were no longer much a threat to him. He could sense there approach. Enough were killed that he could make several handbags for Maja if she wanted them. Naturally a joke, but making one for her might actually cause a chuckle.

With the crystal finally secure, Jaron sent a communication to his master. Standing where there would be a good image for the holoimage the connection was established. As soon as the connection was received, and Darth Ayra could be seen, Jaron spoke. His hood was kept drawn over his head though, as he was wanting to keep his identity a secret from anyone that may be peering.

"I have secured the Katak crystal for you. It is currently stored so it won't drain my energy, or yours when you receive it. Where am I to meet you... The Fort?"

[member="Darth Ayra"]

Jaron arrived at the fort. The entrance was as it had been the month before. Rain set in, and Jaron's hood was soaked. His robes kept himself covered, and what lay underneath was dry. Still the weather was less than deaireable to wait in.

Passing through the gates, Jaron made his way to where he assumed Darth Ayra would be. Finding her, he put the crystal in her hand.

"Here it is."

Jaron stood and waited for her to acknowledge the crystal he had stolen from the lightsaber of a dead Sith Lord.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

Darth Ayra had been busy in the intervening month that Jaron Lesan had been away. She had no doubt that the Dark Jedi would return with the Katak crystal. Failure wasn't an option for him now. He had embraced a new path, one where failure would and could not be tolerated. Not by his new master and certainly not by the standards that he now adhered too. With the promise of strength and power on the horizon, Jaron had to do what the woman said. She had been the one to give have given him the passion to save the galaxy and he believed that through her, he could prevent another diaster as seen with Corellia.

The Sith Lord had a list. Through Jaron and her own research, she had the first of her list in her possession. The Qixoni was kept safe, deep within her residence on Sojourn; and with Jaron the only one to know about it's existence, suffice to say, it wasn't going anywhere. With the promise of a Katak soon to be in her grasp, Ayra had plans to gain the following:

• Vexxtal
  • Solari
  • Stygium
  • Incineration
  • Heart of the Guardian
  • Mantle of the Force
It remained to be seen if Jaron would be capable of finding more crystals for her. In particular, the extremely rare and currently lost Lightsaber crystals, the Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force, might be beyond the Dark Jedi's skill set. Not even Ayra knew where they were, being the rarest on the list. But with some effort and a determined mind, anything was possible. That was the concept of the science- Sith Alchemy- that was essential in it's learning and application. To test the boundaries of what was possible and go beyond that line, into a darker place that had previously been unfathomable.

The hooded woman waited at the foot of "the Fort", eyes on the Dark Jedi as he made his approach. Calling upon the Force, the Sith Lord levitated it into the air in between them. The casing that was around the Katak floated in between both Ayra and Jaron. If he had touched it physical, then it could have proven fatal. "Come, we have much to discuss."

Turning into the building, Ayra led Jaron up the staircase near the dining hall that they had enjoyed dinner together a month ago. He had retrieved the Katak crystal for her. Now it was time for Jaron to be paid.

Jaron smirked as they climbed the stairs once more to the dining area. They drew near and detoured. Lowering his hood, Jaron revealed his face again once in the privacy of their own selves. He knew the reward for this crystal and wondered when it would be revealed. Jaron also knew there was a list of crystals, they would be his if they were useful. Time would tell, but the man was determined to make his success. What happened to Corellia would never happen again.

"There is more to do, and I have been busy. I have won the trust of certain Sith. They will give me resources to exploit."

There was so much at stake, and Jaron would do what needed to be done. There was even another he could reach out to if needed. Once the list was delivered, and acquired, Jaron would set off to see to it at once.

"I am eager to get the work done."

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

"Walk with me." The hooded Sith Lord lowered the cowl of her robe when she finished climbing the steps. The hall was empty, as she had planned. No witnesses would see Jaron or her communicate. Not even the staff or guards who worked here. "What Sith have you come to meet?"

Up ahead was Alicia Drey's study, where Darth Ayra would reveal her next crystal. It also had the Lenoi I datapad that contained the schematics and details of the prototype she had prepared for Jaron in anticipation of his return with the Katak. In the event that he had failed, then she could use it in different ways. She never wasted a single action or resource.

"There have been several, only one of note. Maja Vern, but she has only recently joined them. From shadow I earn there trust, and when the time is right I will exploit it."

The matter itself was not of consequence. Jaron moved to the table and picked up the data pad. The schematics were interesting and he looked to the woman. Placing it back down he was curious if the ship was constructed yet.

"Has this been made? An interesting design to be sure."

@Darh Ayra

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

"Yes, it has." Ayra had called it the Initium-class Star Courier. She had been the one who had designed it, basing it off the model of the Scimitar design. Unlike the Sith Infiltrator, the Initium was an amalgamation of parts from an Annihilator-class boarding shuttle that Emeritus Industries produced and of which Ayra had also been responsible for it's design. The Annihilator generator found on these boarding shuttles was taken to be fit into the Initium, giving it the same cloaking ability.

The rest was fairly simple. Constructed in the orbital shipyard at Tund, owned by Emeritus Industries, the Initium was constructed completely off the books. With a Adamithium/Durasteel composite hull and Duranium frame, the Initium has no weapons or shields, focusing solely on it's ability to cloak as it's primary form of defense. It was designed with the ability to scan in mind. It's antimatter reactor, which supplied power to it's Annihilator generator and other systems, was found at the back of the ship, near it's impulse engines. The Initium has a class 1 hyperdrive and is a nimble ship, making it extremely fast.

It was also fitted with a portable dampening field, with Jaron's missions in mind.

"You will head to the Tund system, where you will pick up this ship. It is called the Initium. You will then use it to find the next crystal. This ship is extremely rare and focuses on it's speed and ability to cloak. It has no weapons or shields. If you come under fire, then focus on evasion. It is built with the ability to scan star systems and has a portable dampening field, which will stop incoming and outgoing transmissions being made. It can block another ship from scanning it. Combined with it's cloak, the Initium is completely undetectable."

"The idea is not to be caught. Our operations are clandestine. Nobody knows what we do and everything that we do does not lead to here or us. The next crystal is a Vexxtal. When you have it, contact me and I will arrange our next meeting."

"Very well then, I will simply avoid from getting shot at," he remarked.

Looking about the room, Jaron noticed a liquor cabinet in the study. he motioned toward it.

"May I," he asked as he moved toward it.

His eyes widened as the Vexxtal crystal was mentioned. It seemed his master was after rare crystals which no one knew much of. This was not a surprise, but over the past month, Jaron had been acquainting himself with crystals as his master had mentioned there were several. Another which was used in a lightsaber, and another with no known origins. He smirked, though the more crystals mentioned, or not, the more rare they were. Some on the list would simply be threatening to acquire, but Jaron would succeed in them all.

"You should have told me both crystals at once," he asserted, "Both are used in lightsabers of the darkest Sith. I have dug through several graves already, and I will do so again to find this one. You're building something quite potent, master. It seems there is someone you want to keep dead I think."

He simply observed, and nodded. His task had been given him, and he would see to it with the dawn of the next day. For now, it was nearing the end of the day, and he required food and rest. Even being Sith, and there were certain needs everyone still had, the most basic of kinds.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

[member="Jaron Lesan"]

"You may." Thus far Jaron only knew of three Lightsaber crystals that Ayra wanted, having helped her gain two. If he successful in retrieving the Vexxtal then she would reveal the next crystal and so on. This way, she avoided the full list becoming at risk, in the event that Jaron was targeted for information or if he betrayed her. She couldn't see the latter happening. He had come to hate the Jedi and Ayra had more than compensated for his wants and needs, giving him some home truths and providing him with the things he might have not have gained. The Qixoni and Initium were testimony to that.

"How did you come by the Katak? How did you come to meet Maja Vern?"

"The Katak I dug up from the lightsaber of a dead Sith. His name was of no consequence, but I have been spending time on Korriban when we have been apart. The dark lords which were laid to rest can be coaxed easily enough into giving away their secrets if the right price is paid. Most of them foolish enough to believe they still have a powerful hold on the physical world beyond whatever artifact they are bound to in their burial chamber."

Dead Sith all had one thing in common, arrogance. All their deaths were the result of it, and they reeked of it even in death. Jaron had learned how to manipulate their arrogance and coaxing certain secrets from them. Hard lessons were learned, and high prices demanded at times, but Jaron never paid anything he could not, nor was willing to. In the end, he was always the winner.

He retrieved a glass and reached for the scotch that was in the cabinet. Pouring a glass for himself, naturally on the rocks, he then took a sip. He let the flavor set in his mouth for a bit, and lamented it was not of Corellian in origin. Though the truth was Corellian alcohol was now a rather expensive commodity.

"I met Maja Vern in the tomb of Ludo Kressh. Apparently his work on Force Rage was something we both sought. After killing some hssiss, we came across his spirit. He taught us this ability himself."

Jaron smirked and drained the rest of the glass and set it down.

"I must not waste my time. This crystal will be harder to find."

With a slight bow, Jaron departed Ayra's company covering his face with the cowl of his robe once more. It was time to get to work.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom