Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Crystallized Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt]Crystallized Void[/SIZE]​

black-tourmaline-05a.png
[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent: To create a crystal which will be used in future submissions (A Darksaber) [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: X [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: Voidstone , [/SIZE]Ysalamiri
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Name: Crystallized Void[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer: Ironically, the creation of these crystals can be accredited only to The Force.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation: Taru Cadera & [member="Adenn Kyramud"][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Homeworld (optional): Mandalore[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Semi-Unique[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Modularity: No[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material: Crystallized Void ~ Crushed and Carbonized Crystalline Void Stone[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Classification: Kyber Crystal[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weight: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Resistances:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Kinetic: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Lightsabers: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Force: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Extreme[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Color: Black with Gold Flakes. Hints of crystalline blue are visible in certain parts but not throughout the crystals.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Extreme Force Dampening(No Force Zone) within [/SIZE]3 meters the crystal dampens the Force around it with the inner most (usually enough to protect the wearer/wielder) is the apex of the aura, and thus the Force is suppressed enough around the crystal to appear completely nullified or neutralized. Then when touching beskar, this bubble increases to 10 meters. to the degree(wiether the crystal is touching beskar or not) the area around the wearer feels as though the Force is negated. Almost like a hole in the Force which drains its presence. But in truth it acts like its original form of Voidstone in not completely rendering the Force to null, but extremely negating its power and use within the respective radii.

• Force Suppression[SIZE=9pt]. Makes Force Users who are within the Force Bubble think that they have been permanently severed from the Force, when the truth is that they are just in a zone where the Force doesn't work. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Creates Force Bubble similar to Ysalamiri, but at a stronger yet slightly smaller radius. When not touching beskar, this radius barely extends 3 meters, but when directly touching beskar the radius extends to a whopping 10 meters. Th[/SIZE]ese bubbles create a field that dampens Force wielders ability to manipulate the Force. It becomes much more difficult to use the Force in this aura, but sadly not completely impossible until within 3 meters of said crystals. The aura's intensity increases as one nears the object, making usage of the force increasingly more difficult as one gets closer to its source.

• [SIZE=9pt]Through Force Suppression these crystals make any Force User's within the specified radii (either 3 or 10 meters) think that they have had their connection to the Force severed. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Vulnerable. If the crystal cracks then its ability to generate these bubbles void of Force use will end catastrophically, with the crystal fragmenting and draining whatever energy is available nearby to increase its explosive potential. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Cannot stop any use of the Force when the Force User is not being touched by the Force Bubble. However, any attacks through the Force will dissipate once entering the Bubble. Certain aspects of the Force which utilize moving objects may still work as planned. Things thrown through the Force can keep their momentum inside of the Force Bubble just depends on how they were thrown (e.x something thrown upwards would be affected normally by gravity and begin to fall).[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Is just as fragile as a quartz crystal. If you drop it and it lands not on its side then it will break.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]The crystallized void was what these crystals were named when an unnamed, and now dead, Sith Spy had called the two crystals when she had found them while doing her job as a Spy for the Sith on Mandalore. Finding them at the bottommost level of Sundari she had been drawn to the sparkling black crystal embedded into the rock. She had noticed that when she got close to them, she could not utilize the Force. Unearthing them and then keeping the crystals on her body would be the last mistake she made, as within a short while she trespassed upon a secret facility and stumbled upon an automated turret. Upon realizing that she couldn’t activate her force activated lightsaber she was gunned down. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The reason the name of these crystals stuck was because 1) They were in a container which had them labelled as such, and 2) Because the name fit. The crystals were brought to a lab where in one of the subsequent, and completely secret tests their powers were detailed. Their power in suppressing the Force in the radius of 3 meters had been seen to more than double to 10 meters as it was held against one of the guard’s beskar’gam. This, of course, caught the eye of the scientists studying the crystals, and the information gathered was sent to Adenn Kyramud. On the way, the message was intercepted by Taru, who proceeded to hound Adenn about what their future uses were going to be until he was actually given one of the two. This one would go into his own saber, and the other would find its home with Adenn. The blades created from these would rightfully take on the name of Darksabers, as they would leave all Force Users within the prescribed force bubble essentially in the dark(without the ability to use the Force in any way). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The unique property of said Crystallized Void came to play when it came into contact with Beskar. As previously stated, the crystals create a Force Bubble 3m in radius at any given moment. However, when these crystals come into contact with Beskar, the radius of the Force Bubble increases to an outstanding 10m. Further research was called for and the true location/creation of the Crystallized Void was found. They dated back to the Mandalorian Excision, which happened in 738 BBY. During this great war, Mandalore was made mostly uninhabitable to any surface dwellers, forcing the people into dome-like cities. This extreme loss of life, forced into reality by those pledged to save it (the jedi), caused a Wound in the Force. This wound constructed itself in what seemed like an overly large kyber crystal. This crystal sometime in 0 BBY after the Destruction of Alderaan was cracked into two kyber crystals by the Echo caused by the loss of life. What can only be assumed is that the Crystals were created as a way to even the odds against Force Users. It was the Force itself, attempting to regulate its manifestations. The cracked kyber crystals absorbed into their crystalline matrices the remnants of beskar and fused together in a way very much [/SIZE]indescribable[SIZE=9pt] unless one was the foremost expert on Force [/SIZE]anomalies[SIZE=9pt] and Kyber Crystals, of which no one truly is. The Force is intricate in that matter. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Acting similar to how a [/SIZE]ysalamiri[SIZE=9pt] does, the Crystallized Void kyber crystals create a Force Bubble, albeit a more potent one. They severely dampen the usage of the Force within their respective radii, and yet only completely create Force Bubbles within 3 meters. When in contact with Beskar, the fragments of beskar which partially make up the Crystallized Void seemingly energize as though a flow of powerful electrons has started between the crystal and the beskar. This energization is not nearly enough to act as a power source for anything other than the crystal's main function—the creation of powerful Force Bubbles. Acting as an additional engine might work for a speeder bike, the contact created from physical contact with beskar augments the Crystal's power to slightly more than double its original power. However this increase in radii from 3 to 10 meters only acts like natural voidstone in that it dampens the use of the Force between the 3m and 10m marks. It does not enlarge the true Force Bubble which can be reached when within 3 meters of the crystals. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Mandalorians see Beskar as one of many symbols of strength, so why shouldn't something created naturally on Mandalore—the birthplace of beskar ore—behave just like anything other than what it is meant to be: Mandalorian.[/SIZE]

[member="Taru Cadera"], Very nice idea for what you are trying to do. However, there are something that I find are inconsistent.

Taru Cadera said:
Extreme Force Dampening(No Force Zone) within 20ft of the crystals when they are touching beskar, and only 10ft when not touching beskar.
This is fine. Considering there are other ways to stop the force with an even larger radius than these. The one question I have on this, is why Beskar? Why can it only increase its ability to function with Beskar and not say, phrik, or Songsteel, or even clay? You make no real mention as to why it has this ability.

Taru Cadera said:
Anti Force Suppression. Does not notify Force Users that their connection to the Force is severed in the radius until they start trying to utilize any aspect of the Force.
This is not how the force works sadly. I have done quite a bit of research into this, and I have not been able to find anything that would support the claim of a Force user not knowing when they have lost the ability to use it. Secondly, I would have to attribute this to much like our normal senses. Should someone who is easily able to see the surrounding area, Removing that sensory ability, and the person WILL know they can no longer see. Same here. A force user can feel the force, and manipulate it. With it suddenly gone, they can tell if they lost it or not.

I would like for this to be reworded to not provide this effect, or to be removed all together.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to voice them.

[member="Auberon"]

The part about Beskar was to make the entire submission more Mandalorian in idea and in use, because it is "common knowledge" that only Mandalorian Metalsmiths can create Beskar, and in keeping with the idea of the Darksaber being the Mandalorian's lightsaber I was trying to make it more Unique and more Mandalorian-only.

In the future submission for the Darksaber, I was going to have the crystal be connected to the rest of the hilt by a beskar cage which only envelops the crystal when turning on the blade. The saber would thus only block the force within 10ft when not turned on, which is nice when Taru is around Force Sensitive People who he is friendly with such as Mig Gred, because his blade doesn't have to be that far away from him while he, for example: arm wrestles with Mig. When the blade will be activated it would exude the maximum range of 20ft. This would also make turning on the blade slightly longer...

As for the Anti Force Suppression, I have reworded it to make it just Force Suppression. This will make it seem as if by walking into the 20(or 10)ft radius they will have permanently lost their connection to the Force, when in truth The Force just doesn't work in the specified radii.

Overall, I have Edited the submission for the Anti Force Suppression problem and am waiting for your feedback about the usage of beskar in increasing the radius of the Force Bubble created by the Crystallized Void...

[member="Taru Cadera"],

Because this is a really cool idea in its concept, I wanted to get your idea on the "Who, What, When, Where, Why" of this and specifically why it was connected to beskar. While I do value the OOC response of such and its usage later on, I was actually looking for IC justification as to how they reacted with beskar unlike the "Normal" version of Void Stones? It could simply be that they were mutated by the force upon one of the various planets that Beskar is mined from, or could even be caused by the Glassing of the Planet Mandalore from the CHAOS timeline. Where the two were fused together in some form. And while it does not need to be concrete, it could be labeled as "rumors" to match with the current story of how they were found.

If you wish to add upon this you may. Otherwise, this is at a point that I am comfortable with approving if you do not want to add the extra fluff.

[member="Taru Cadera"]

I'll be taking this over for [member="Auberon"] as he's away with IRL for a little while. Give me a little bit to give this a read through and do some research and I'll get back to you.

Under Review.

Taru Cadera said:
Extreme Force Dampening(No Force Zone) within 20ft of the crystals when they are touching beskar, and only 10ft when not touching beskar.
Force Suppression. Makes Force Users who are within the Force Bubble think that they have been permanently severed from the Force, when the truth is that they are just in a zone where the Force doesn't work.

Taru Cadera said:
Material: Crystallized Void ~ Crushed and Carbonized Crystalline Void Stone

Taru Cadera said:
Creates Force Bubble similar to Ysalamiri or Voidstone, but at a stronger and larger radius. When not touching beskar, this radius barely extends 10 feet, but when directly touching beskar the radius extends to a whopping 20 feet. These bubbles stop all usage of the Force within their radius.

So, The Void Stone, doesn't create a Force neutralizing bubble like Ysalamiri. It creates a field that dampens Force wielders ability to manipulate the Force. It becomes difficult to use the Force in this aura, not impossible. The aura's intensity increases as one nears the object, becoming more and more difficult as one gets closer to it. On Chaos this has extended to affecting Force Imbued objects as well, which is a logical progression.

I think we can work with meeting the two interpretations in the middle somewhere.

Perhaps something along the lines of 3 Meter (please be sure to use metric measurements), the crystal dampens the Force around it with the inner most (usually enough to protect the wearer/wielder) is the apex of the aura, and thus the Force is suppressed enough around the crystal to appear completely nullified or neutralized. Then when touching beskar, we bump the bubble up a bit, say 8 meters. Even 10 wouldn't be an issue.

What do you think?

Taru Cadera said:
Extreme Force Dampening(No Force Zone) within 3 meters the crystal dampens the Force around it with the inner most (usually enough to protect the wearer/wielder) is the apex of the aura, and thus the Force is suppressed enough around the crystal to appear completely nullified or neutralized. Then when touching beskar, this bubble increases to 10 meters.

Force Suppression. Makes Force Users who are within the Force Bubble think that they have been permanently severed from the Force, when the truth is that they are just in a zone where the Force doesn't work.

I will reiterate as it appears I was unclear, that is not what Void Stone does. It does not create a bubble of Force Negation, severe people from the Force, or remove their ability to manipulate it. It makes it harder to use the Force and lessens the effect the Force has on beings and objects. This affect has an increasing intensity the closer one is to the object.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

I am using crushed carbonized voidstone as the material because it is the only inanimate material which can act somewhat similar to a ysilimari, albeit stronger. With this submission I am trying to achieve a kyber crystal which acts as a ysalimiri would, but a bit stronger seeing as to how there are only two crystals in existence. The goal is to have it create a Force Negation zone. I do understand that voidstone only dampens the Force, but in order to keep it more Mandalorian(in recent Chaos terms due to the invasions) I am trying to cut off the Force entirely. With Taru being Force Dead this isn't an issue.

Overall, is there any way to make it give off a Force Negation Bubble?

[member="Taru Cadera"]

To some extent I believe we can find something in the middle. We can focus on tweaking it down using Void Stone as our basis, and from there we can add some twists to the usual canon voidstone to give it a little Mandalorian flair with the Beskar.

Perhaps something like it works just like a Void Stone with a 5m radius normally. When touching beskar, the aura of lessening/limiting it produces increases in strength considerably. Even wording it as "to the degree the area around the wearer feels as though the Force is negated". Almost like a hole in the Force which drains its presence. Wording of that nature would allow for others RPing opposing characters openings to use the Force with "extreme difficulty", but will still provide the person wearing this and their allies around them plenty of protection against offensive actions.

Maybe even something like magnets, if you rub the crystal on beskar it helps carry a weakened version of the "charge" for a short period of time, or other neat things.

What do you think of something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom