Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Crystal Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Crystal Strife
Loyalties: Dresden Strife
Role: She is a voice in Dresden's head that acts like his mother figure at this time. She represents the compassion Dresden had for his mother and a blanket he slept with as a baby.
Development Threads:
Species: Human
Force-Sensitive: Yes (Grows in power as Dresden does)
Appearance: If separated from Dresden's mind, you'd see a 5'11" human female with long green hair and blue eyes wearing a long and ripped silver gown. If not, you won't see her at all.
Personality: Crystal is a kind and loving entity to Dresden.
Weapon of Choice: She can't fight at all.
Wealth: N/A
Combat Function: How do you fight a figment of someone's imagination?
Skills:
Notable Possessions: N/A
Other Notes: Crystal is unable to interact with the outside world unless you try to separate her from Dresden's mind. Crystal was created by Dresden Strife when the murder case involving his mother was closed without finding the killer. Dresden thought her up because he felt like his mind was in distress and he needed someone who understands the feeling of a great loss. While she is a figment of Dresden's imagination, she can become tangible in a way, but only in his mind.

Dresden Strife said:
To whoever judges this, I wish I knew how voices in your head as NPCs could work tbh
Also, I might not be able to post for 2 weeks, so unless I get a mobile way of accessing the internet, I may not be able to respond to this.

[member="Dresden Strife"]

Disembodied voices can make for a tricky submission. This looks pretty good but there's a few things I'll need you to do.

1. In the notes, please provide a paragraph or two of the history of how Crystal Strife came to be a voice in Dresden's head and if there is any, the history between the two characters.

2. Clean up your sub. Remove bracketed text from the base skeleton like the red text I've highlighted below:
Development Threads: [Please link to threads where this character has played a role. Not mandatory, but helpful, especially when powerful or skilled NPCs are involved. Master level NPCs will require at least one development thread, the length dependent on their powers and skills.]
If you have any threads where Crystal is used or where she communicates with Dresden, you may provide their links here.

3. Unbold the provided text that I have highlighted in red here:
Appearance: If separated from Dresden's mind, you'd see a 5'11" human female with long green hair and blue eyes wearing a long and ripped silver gown. If not, you won't see her at all.

@[member='Quietus'], I just can't fully think of a paragraph, but I wrote what I can think of. I also took a shot in the dark and made the age her actual age rather than her appearing age.

I'm not keen on the tangibility of a figment of one's imagination - especially when the "entity" in question was never real to begin with. Were this "entity" actually a residual spirit or soul of someone that had once been alive and now trapped within his head, that might make more sense. But you can't create a soul (and make it tangible) out of nothing - there's nothing in SW canon that suggest its plausibility.

So, if you want to stick with "figment of Dresden's imagination" that's fine, but drop this part:
While she is a figment of Dresden's imagination, she can become tangible in a way, if you tried to separate her from his mind in any way for example.

If you simply mean "visible" in that he could project a mental image of her, that's something else entirely. But "tangible" suggests she can become a real person.

I edited it to show it's a mental image, but added a very small possibility for the other way to be seen via Sith Magic. If Sith magic cannot conjure up a person out of a thought and make it real, lemme know.

Conjuring a person up by mere thought isn't possible via Sith Magic. What you're talking about is closer to God-like-powers, and we don't have real Gods here on SWRP.

Strike it from your sub or simply change it to "mental projection".

Not sure how I'd mentally project anything, so I struck the sith magic thing from the sub. I would have asked about that sort of thing if I thought of it before this sub was made

[member="Quietus"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom