Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Crystal Sin, Sith Knight
Loyalties: Crucix Sin
Role: This is Romeo's sister whom he presumed dead, which was not the case.
Development Threads: n/a
Species: Vahla
Force-Sensitive: Yes
Appearance: http://jeftoon01.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Azula-of-the-Fire-Nation-309867044
princess_azula_of_the_fire_nation__by_jeftoon01-d54hixw.jpg

Red eyes, long black hair that she keeps up in a bun style. Very attractive looking, athletic body.

Personality: The mind of Crystal as been broken, and shaped to Crucix's own needs, now she is a ruthless assassin, she is a masochist, and cold blooded killer.
Weapon of Choice: The Force, Lightsabers
Wealth: She a secret weapon of Crucix's and holds her in a hotel outside the limits of his home's district, he keeps her well funded.
Combat Function: Fast, agile, and deadly, Crystal fights from the shadows, being trained by Crucix himself up to Knighthood. She prefers to kill without being noticed, and ravishes in mutilating the body afterwards, or burning it to ashes. Crystal is also a skilled swordsman, able to hold her own against Crucix for a short while. She is Crucix's answer to Romeo in the coming war. Just like the majority of the Sin family, she is a natural in the use of fire abilities. Her biggest problem though is she can easily be mentally broken again. She must be treated with care as she is fragile. It's safe to say she's been spoiled back to good health. She ha
Skills:
Pyrokinesis - Proficient
Lighting - Adept
Telekinesis - Adept
Notable Possessions: n/a
Other Notes:
When Romeo first thought Crucix had killed her, he had ran off with Felicia in hand, afraid he would have killed them all. Crucix had not though, he had severely injured her, and brought her back to full health in secret. Raising her secretly on his own, Crucix has bent her mind to become loyal to him. Because she has her injuries has caused her to forget her what had happen, Crucix lied, and told Romeo had abandoned her, and the family.
Her anger was shaped against Romeo when she had been purely loyal to him.
Crystal's training brutal, and harsh, causing her to grow into a cruel being, but a expert killer. With beatings, and being spoken down to, this is what Crystal knows as love, and thus became a masochist through it.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="The Shadow King"]

The Shadow King said:
It looks like you had something more to type, please finish this sentence

Please tell me how this character differs from her source Azula?
  • She is a fire user
  • She is spoiled
  • She is a prodigy
  • She has mental instability
  • She is can be mentally broken
  • She is sadistic and relishes causing pain

There are to many similarities to Azula to not consider it a near direct rip and not allowed by codex rules

[member="Matsu Ike"]

For one, the reason why she is able to be mentally broken, totally different from Azula herself.
Though I do understand how this looks similar, there is a difference,
She relished in being in pain. That is what a masochist is. So thats the opposite of what Azula is, which is a sadist.

The Shadow King said:
With beatings, and being spoken down to, this is what Crystal knows as love, and thus became a masochist through it.

Probably what really sets her apart from Azula.

But if this isnt enough I can rewrite her to a totally different point of view.

I dont know what that is, "She ha"
Though I did have to erase everything because as I was writing, I accidentally pasted the template again. I guess that was something from the chaos. Everything without that mistake is exactly how I meant it to be.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Also, when we first meet Azula, she is shooting lighting, making us to believe she uses lighting more than anything. Which is true, she doesnt really start to use fire till the end of her need in the show, throughout most of the show she had always beaten the gang with lighting, and had appeared to be the only one to use lighting. (Which was not true as state above)
So to point out that yeah she uses fire as a similarity to Azula feels...just wrong. Azula was a master at the art of lighting.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Azula

There is way more to Azula then here, like how she is manipulative, had always been mentally coocoo XD

The stories are different, the whole situation is different.

Also Azula was basically a general, Crystal is an assassin.

narcissistic

Azula is narcissitstic Crystal isnt.

Azula was known to have an extremely cruel personality. From a very young age, Azula demonstrated sadistic aggression and a near total lack of remorse to friends, servants, family, and animals

Here again similar words are used which make the two alike, but the fact Crystal has remorse, hatred for Romeo "Leaving her behind" that's a sense of betrayal thus making her have emotions, thus making her having the ability to care..and I dont know why this is all done weirdly

[member="The Shadow King"]

Those were off the top of my head. There are plenty more and an in depth analyze of Azula is not what this is about.

Azula
  • Firebender
  • Can use lightning
  • Fragile Mental state
  • Acrobatic
  • Complicated love/hate for her brother
  • Sadistic
  • Prodigy
  • Set against her brother
  • Adept in other fighting (we see her able to fight without bending through skill and guile in Day of Black Sun)
  • Spoiled

Crystal
  • Pryokinetic
  • Uses lightning
  • Fragile Mental state
  • Acrobatic
  • Hatred for her brother
  • Sadistic
  • Masochistic
  • Naturally Talented
  • Adept in other forms of fighting (sabers, telekinesis)
  • Set against her brother
  • Spoiled

You have in her combat function she enjoys mutilating and incinerating a corpse. That is sadistic behavior so at best she has the tendencies. She might be hurt more often but she clearly enjoys inflicting pain as well.

When we first meet Azula she is not named, just a girl with a look of enjoyment seeing Zuko being scarred by the FIrelord, she is seen wearing garb similar to Zuko indicating she is of the fire nation. Later when we see her she is being sent after her brother and we have the back story of her being naturally gifted and more talented then him in firebending. We know she is a firebender, previous scenes establish she is as a child one to enjoy pain being caused. When she appears in season 2 they show she has more talent able to bend lightning which is the avatar universe is more advanced firebending, something a prodigy and one skilled would be able to do. Iroh comments on this stating how only those of great skill and balance can do such a thing.

Azula's mental state though is seen to be a hairs breath from slipping and that is her balance, the imbalance of being a spoiled very talented bender, her obsession with her own greatness and ego. At best you have taken the character, made a carbon copy of her and taken the part where she has a narcissistic love of her brother, replaced it only with hatred and thrown in that she has started to enjoy being hurt. Adding one thing while tweaking another more for the worse since it was a very important part of her personality. Azula loved, had friendships but didn't know how to express it outside of fear and domination, instead of sharing that complexity she just is already at a grafile mental state (which happens after others refuse and stand up to Azula)

As I said what makes this character different? Really different? One aspect is not a difference. Edits wise I would say you are looking at a complete rewrite with substantial edits.

the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
https://www.google.com/search?q=plagiarism+define&oq=plagiarism+define+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5439j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

This is the definition of Plagiarism I found on google.

SO if this is the case, then this is what you claiming I am doing. Which false. Character concept is close, and related, yes. The stories, and situations are different. And characters have different qualities. Regardless of this....if thats how far we are going, then Romeo must be a knock of of Zuko?

Plagiarism can not just be thrown at a person's face without looking at the whole story. This isnt plagiarism.

As I read through more of the articles on google, more of it proves my point here. You're asking for what makes this character different, and havent even asked about the story behind the character.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="The Shadow King"] you are not taking someones work and passing it as your own. You are taking something from another medium, another franchise and importing it here with barely any alterations to make it different.

"Plagiarism: Any obvious use of material from outside the Star Wars universe, including but not limited to: Gundam Wing, Halo, Marvel, DC Universe, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, etc."

As defined by Star Wars Chaos

This character feels, looks, nearly acts in every way as a character from another medium. Yes you tweaked an aspect, she doesn't love her brother she thinks he left her to die and is wanting to kill him. There is not enough additional story there to make it different.

As it stands this is denied, if you wish to second chance it you may but I recommend edits and changes on a large scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom