Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Cry Havoc (Pantheon of Zaathru)

God of War, Steel and Storms
One thing Forrest had to admit, he was having fun. The manchild was putting up a much better fight than anticipated, but he was looking bruised and ragged and Forrest was happier for it than he liked to admit. The little shit needed to be taught a lesson, to stay in his lane when dealing with things he didn't yet understand. Forrest would give him credit though, he had landed some good blows and his defense was good, not perfect, but good. The longer this lasted the more Forrest began to understand how he fought and how he defended. Forrest would have to end this one way or another. Either the manchild would concede to him, or he would beat him until he couldn't get back up.

Forrest defending a slow volley that came from the man. He was tiring quickly after the exertion of the giant he had created earlier. A sinister sneer rested on Forrests face the more and more he saw the man slow. He wasn't letting his guard down in case it was fake, but he had a good feeling, with the rising black of the bruises across his body and the swelling of his eye, that it wasn't.

Forrest waited patiently feeling out the man and waiting for an opening, he was securely on the defensive so finding an opening was proving difficult but with the waiting of the man's energy he wanted to try for a finishing blow. He spun with supernatural speed throwing a roundhouse kick to his midsection, he saw in the man's eyes he was ready for it and as his hands lowered the block the kick to his stomach Forrest used the foundation of his arms to immediately push himself upward and, focusing the force into his left leg for a stronger attack, aimed a hard knee to smash into his opponents jaw.

The mother spoke first and her words were galling. The arrogance and high-handedness of this woman to drive leaches and parasites to his city knowing the position that put him in, then to question his decisions whilst massing an army on his doorstep under a veil of shadow and silence only to tell him to play nice. He closed his hand into a fist and exhaled. He was angry and in his anger, he wanted to do things he might come to regret. Ultimately he did nothing but speak.

"Nice My lady? I have played nice before and what did it get me ?" He asked "Leeches and parasites driven to my door clutching their babes and an army massing on my doorstep entirely unannounced and led by two who have promised to do harm to one under my protection ... I pale to think of what further niceness might inspire you to do"

He really ought to tell Arcturus but he could hardly do it in front of her. They turned to the babies "They were sent to me by you, so yes you shall have to take my word for it" If Rhiannon had wanted to dictate what happened with the women and children she should not have driven them to him. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth as she announced to the prisoners that they would die and Darien would keep their children. May they prosper under finer parentage. It might not seem like mercy now but if there was an afterlife these slavers might come to be glad that their children were taken by him and not left in the care of the mad woman who strangles children.

Through the wailing came the half-baked musings of the god of war retaliation was the operative word. Theryn had promised only that they would not be permitted to do harm to his city. Still he was not going to debate this further with a being who had seen fewer days than some vegetables. He could not leave the latter of Forrest's ravings unanswered though "I think not, you foisted those people on to me it is my decision what happens with them now you will have the women back but I am keeping the children, if you and my lady of the skies wished to care for them you should have done so" it was too late to cry over spilt milk now " As to your intentions I know nothing of them your army is here on my border entirely unannounced and the last I heard from you, the talk was entirely upon bringing a violent end to the man who is now under my protection, how would you have responded if Theryn had brought an army unanounced to your doorstep? Violently I should guess" Knowing Forrest he'd have already started killing by now.

Thankfully the time for talking was soon over. Hopefully killing was not about to start. It did bode well admittedly that Forrest bared himself to be on par with Theryn and whilst it fast became clear that the fight was not one Theryn would win it was not going to be over as fast as any expected. As time passed though and Theryn became more sluggish and bruised Darien began to wish it would end. Theryn showed no sign of conceding and Forrest was clearly in no mood to stop pummelling.

Darien almost opened his mouth to stop things but he could not show Theryn up like that so instead he whispered to Rhiannon "Arcturus won't react well if Forrest takes this too far" he reminded her ... maybe she would be persuaded to end things before Theryn got himself killed.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn Forrest Dinn Forrest Dinn Theryn Hearthfire Theryn Hearthfire

Leeches and parasites? Rhi's eyebrows shot up. Something told her that Darien would've much rather unleashed a torrent of insults and profanity upon her, but he knew that would likely only make things worse for him. So he was taking out his anger on the slavers instead.

"You know, Darien, for a guy who arrived on Zaathru long before me, your roots don't run very deep," she said. "You should've seen this coming. You should have had an army ready to defend your city, rather than coming here crying about our aggressions. Of course we're aggressive. We're Sith gods leading an army of barbarians." She shook her head and sighed. "If you want to play the role of a subservient vassal for the sake of avoiding conflict, then yes, you must be nice to your masters. Otherwise, unless you have a hidden army somewhere to fight us off, it's too late for you and Theryn. We will do with you as we wish. Don't get on our bad sides, and you'll come out all right."

She requested that two chairs be brought so that they could both sit down and watch the duel. Once she was seated, she resumed speaking.

"I think I understand something about you now, Darien. You don't love Zaathru the way I do. This planet and its people are nothing but a means to an end for you. You don't even enjoy being Mercurius. The people deserve better than a sad little man who doesn't want to be their god. So I have a proposition to make."

Theryn was weakening under Forrest's assault. He was covered in bruises and cuts, and his strikes were slower, almost sluggish. Darien would have to give her an answer soon, or Forrest would beat Theryn to death.

"I stop my son from killing Theryn, and I give you both a starship so that you may leave in peace. I will find a replacement to take your place here." She shrugged. "Or at the very least, Theryn will have the means to be free. That's what he wanted all along, isn't it?"

The knee did the trick.
As his jaw was struck, and no doubt dislocated, Rin found the world around him beginning to spin far worse than it had done before. His ears rang, head throbbed, and before he knew it he was down in the sand, bent over as though he was groveling at the feet of a -- oh, wait, he was at the feet of a so-called God, wasn't he?
His forehead was set within the sand, and it was rather soothing when compared to the searing heat which raced through the rest of his face. A real urge to throw up arose within him, but he managed to breathe it back down. He tried to stand again, moving first to one knee, but his attempt was futile.
"Dar---"
Theryn wavered in place for hardly a second and then collapsed before the victor.
At least he was still breathing.

God of War, Steel and Storms
Forrest felt the connection into the man's jaw, there was enough force behind it that he hoped it was broken, dislocated at the least. It was easily healed, but it wouldn't feel very nice. He felt the moment the man slumped and knew he was done, he just wanted to be sure that he was smart enough to know it himself. Forrest landed gracefully in a fighting position as the man swayed on his knees, still not down eh? He heard the man begin to speak and began another forceful front thrust with his knee but before he could connect the man collapsed face down on the sand. Forrest stopped the attack with his knee upward in front of him looking down at the collapsed man. He smiled and put his foot down, right next to the man's face.

"It would seem this little misunderstanding has worked it's course. I am slightly disappointed that the army wasn't here to see it. Watching this....manchild fall in battle would have done well to qwell the lingering sting of a giant god invading out camp, but nonetheless the offense this one has brought up on us has been paid in kind. What now mother?" Forrest held his arms wide once more as his armor and belongings once more fitted to him as he waited for a response.

Deep in the unconscious mind of the fallen Theryn a tickle played at the back of his mind. Using the force Forrest projected a thought into the man's head that would reverberate and play over and over even as he lay knocked out on the ground. "Come at us once more, threaten us once more, pull a stunt like you did today once more, and I will not hold anything back as I did today. Learn from this transgression manchild, think before you act."

Darien was beginning to desire more than just harsh words for Rhiannon. It was true though that no good would come from such. He was surrounded here by thousands of warriors ready to kill at her command and even if he could escape with Theryn all he would bring was devastation and strife to his city. He could withstand a long siege but he had no wish too. Nor did he want to antagonise Arcturus and have him withdraw his support.

It was hard though especially as she spewed further acidic ramblings. Calling him weak and foolish. As if he was somehow stupid not to see his supposed allies might mass an army on his border to do him harm. Of course, she assumed he had no roots or contingencies. He had both, she was nearing his territory now did she think that the tribes here would not react if aggression was levelled on their centre of trade? That he didn't have warriors of his own. Not as many as her of course but it took more manpower to take a city than to defend it. Were her words not clearly the drivel of a mind afflicted by insanity and were she not simply half of the Dyad he might have answered her with an ultimatum. Withdraw or she would see just how deep his roots ran.

Instead, he held his tongue, he would tell Arcturus in due course and hopefully, matters would be resolved that way.

Words were soon replaced by fighting, though it was apparent as the fight wound to a close that Rhiannon was not yet done questioning his competence and capability. She seemed to think he did not care for his people. It was true that the mantle of god did not sit well with him. That he did not enjoy the exposure or the pressure but none of that meant he did not care. He did. He could not have built Mercuitie into the city it was if he did not. All of that was immaterial however as she promised to stop Forrest and give him a ship to leave if he gave up the city.

He was on a promise from Arcturus that they would be given a ship but Arcturus' word was hardly the most trustworthy person to Darien at the moment and a ship now was better than a promise of one later. Then there was Thery to think about but ... his pride also refused to bow easily to this shutta who thought so little of him. Thought him so easily replaced.

Before he found an answer Theryn was falling unconscious. Dari was sure his name had been on the man's lips as he slipped out of reality and it broke his heart. Fury burned in his blood as he watched Forrest crow over his ward. At least he stopped though. Even this mad dog did not delight in kicking a man who was already beaten. He stood to be re-armoured and mused for a plan from his mother. Darien strolled forward and crouched by Theryn's form. Not dead thank the planets. He reached out to speak into the minds of his own entourage summoning them and his chariot. He would linger here no longer he was going home.

He did not speak unless spoken to. Not until he was ready to leave. Only when he was mounted up and Thery was slumped safe at his feet did he speak "Rhiannon ... I am not leaving my city, not willingly anyway " He stated "If you want it you can try to take it but as you pointed out when we first met trying to do so will likely just see it and perhaps other things destroyed" Then he rode off. Initially back to his forward camp to see Theryn given medical treatment enough that he was roused and somewhat capable of movement and then back to the city.

A city now on high alert. Officially for slavers trying to launch a counter-offensive but those who had joined him knew there was friction amongst the gods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom