Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Havoc (LotF Dominion of Therin)

The city of Therin was not a fortified city, it was open to the land around it including a dense bio-luminescent forest to the west. It was a city the Fringe had to take though as they it created a bottleneck for the landing zone, and would secure their place on the planet. With the increasing influences of other nations on the planet of Valen speed was of the essence. However there the locals of Therin unlike Urain were incredibly hostile to the change of pace, and incoming alien powers.

Such had their Black Sun mercenary team taken up position there for their first stand against a foreign power. They had gotten very little personal on the ground so far, but they had a decent sized droid army though a big chunk was being repaired. The Fringe had limited resources with which to win this battle though, and the idea was to completely limit infrastructure damage to the city itself. A job Gundark planned to make impossible.

Many of the citizens had fled to the south of the city or left the city entirely as the droid forces took positions inside houses watching through windows. There was a pair of droid tanks hidden deep inside of town, but without information from the fleet they'd go unnoticed until they fired. Whoever lead the charge on this city had their work cut out for them.

((OOC: Alright some fighting @Gundark when you enter so I can provide opposition yay! Remember forces are SEVERALLY limited due to the atmosphere, air support is nearly nonexistent))

Objectives:
1. Scout city perimeter to find any 'surprises'
2. Invade city via the north with limited resources, urban warfare at its worst
3. Eliminate enemy tanks
4. Limit damage to infrastructure and civilians

@Jared Ovmar @Teslar Rantarus @Lucien Cordel @Meret Blackmoon @Morna Imura @Kitt Solo @The Wrathful One @Hemlock Briar @Sala'dine @Lucrezia @Hemlock Briar @Yandi Vex @Belle Morte @ Tricia Kalamack @Zari Macek @TimirOrso @Lucien Cordel

The Fringe force was headed by a mixture of Legions, with some supporting Rakata military elements. No armor, or walkers had been brought as the locals were estimated to have little in the way of military power. In truth improvised explosives, and some civilians with small arms were expected at maximum. There was no way to know the VDC had bought the aid of a mercenary company, and even less to know they'd smuggled a pair of tanks in. As such they'd only brought a few hundred Legionnaire, and about a hundred Rakata warriors under @[member="The Wrathful One"], and Shinju.

As for vehicles they were traveling by a pair of the dropships they'd managed to get on the planet. They needed heavier reinforcements badly, but they couldn't afford to wait until they arrived through the atmospheric interference before they moved inwards towards the broader plains. Currently the small hole through the interference was over the Omega Protectorate area of control, and the Fringe had little access to it. The hole was headed their way though, and one it was over the Fringe base of operations they could bring in heavier gear.

As they landed Sargon gave his pre-mission speech that was now becoming undoubtedly expected. ::All Fringe units, we are assaulting anti-Fringe forces among the civilian population of Therin. We are going to attempt to limit casualties, and damage to the city itself at all costs. Should resistance be heavier then originally expected we will respond in kind, but until then all units will keep our response to the minimum level. Scanners have shown an odd amount of power signatures within the city, and the possibilities of improvised explosive devices are high. Stay sharp out there, and lets do this quickly so we can fortify that choke point to the south."

Little did Sargon know of the extent of defenses inside of the Therin, and just how much of a fire fight the Fringe was about to enter. The fights would only increase from here as more resources were landed on all sides, the war for Valen was truly starting in the city of Therin. The occupation, while based in the hopes of peace had those who were quite pleased at this violent prospect, and this powder keg could become more bloodier then necessary because of them.

The Wrathful One

T
The flight into Therin was smooth for the second dropship the Rakata were waiting anxiously aboard. They'd listened to Sargon's speech with a sneer, there was no intention within their ranks to do anything, but wipe the floors with these lesser beings. Wearing traditional armor, the Rakata preferred forcepikes, and their double bladed traditional weapons in battle. They'd also brought an array of energy weapons, and the Wrathful's personal choice was a heavy repeater from Blas-Tech. They were armed to the teeth, and looking forward to the fight ahead, the blood lust already rising in the cannibals.

"Warriors, we will sweep through this town like a storm, any who seek to resist us will be claimed as slaves, or die. We are the spearhead, and we will show the Fringe what true warriors are all about. Death to our enemies, and glory to the strong." Ignoring the cheering around her the Rakata Empress looked at her mate and smiled grimly. "Let us dine on the flesh of our enemies, and show them just how worthless their lives truly are."

@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"]

Matreya

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Morna Imura"]
Shado stood behind Sargon as he spoke, but really didn't listen for it was the same speech as always. As the man spoke though, Shado was communicating between himself and Morna, I think wed better move hard and fast. Once inside we capture every home we can before moving onto the next. It's the best way to be thorough. he sent to his friend that would be leading his team. Honestly if Morna ignored his own ideas, Zaiden would most likely find himself working solo for the duration of the short battle. It was nothing against his friend, he just needed to be in control of his own movements for a while.

Dressed in my armor and my mask on. I looked entirely different than what I was used to. Everything had a slight orange tint to my vision. With the HUD all set up I was standing just off to the side where people could still see me, yet I was out of the way of everyone else. Slowly I could feel a presence inter mine. I knew who it was before he started speaking. I didn't nod my head or say anything out loud. I had to think about this.

With my powers, I could easily help take out the tanks, Yet I could also just as easily go from place to place clearing the homes like @[member="Shado"] suggested. I spoke back to him. "I agree, But, make sure to keep the casualties to a low. I don't want to clean up after you. Take a squad and go south west. I take south east." I knew that I wouldn't have alot of chances to use my lightsaber here. The cortosis would short it out every time that I tried to strike at them. I would have to use my sword, powers, and other gear. I would be using My bow this time. With the quiver on my back and bow in my hands.

I was ready for this. Killing is what I do best. If any of the people were to take up arms against me, I would kill them.

Matreya

Shado smiled coldly, the bloodbath began. Nodding to Morna, the Legate gestured to the men and they set off. Moving quickly, Shado made sure to order any civilians caught in the crossfire to be brought to Sargon. Soon enough though, he drew Lilith and held her at the ready, for before him lay signs of nearby droids. Moving to the door nearest him, he took a deep breath...

Kicking it open hard, Shado rounded the corner into the room with shots ringing out. All 3 of the capable bursts flew straight and true, right through the heads of those within. Directly over his right shoulder he saw the barrel of a rifle slowly grow, then the remaining two fell as well. Tossing hand gestures out, Shado signaled the others of his men to move to the next as himself and 3 others moved inside the current building.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] (mentioned any civilians be brought to you as I wasn't sure)

The Fringe had already begun its attack on Therin, and the droids were already moving to respond to the first assault. As the rotation of the tank's turret pointed towards the wall of the building Zaiden had just entered. With the sound of thunder the first of the two hidden tanks fired at the building collapsing the wall of the building in, The first tank was set up in a courtyard trap, anyone who tried advancing to it's position would find themselves being attacked by several dozen war droids in surrounding buildings.

Turning back to the local representative of the VDC the Cragmoloid grunted. "This won't hold them forever, soon the real reinforcements will arrive, and there will be hundred of thousands of them. Grundark will require more credits, or material to counter such forces. You lightless ones will need to learn to fight in order to resist, and to sacrifice for victory."

Looking over at a holo emitter that showed the bulk of his forces based in Black Sun territory he rubbed behind his ears as he thought over the prospects of a true war. "We hired you, to keep them out of cities, and get them off our planet. Did we not pay you in your galactic credits? They are stretching their influences all over the planet, and you can't even keep them out of Therin?"

With a grunt Grundark answered, these night people would learn, or they'd lose everything.

Teslar waited until he heard fighting then he entered the force and after finding @[member="Morna Imura"] and @[member="Shado"] he sent them both a message "If you need me I shall be scouting the enemies perimeters for weak points and surprises. Should you need help ask I will try to be there as soon as I can." He then preceded to sneak along the wall looking for weak points to stay hidden he kept to the shadows and hid in various vegetation when possible.
@[member="Morna Imura"]
@[member="Shado"]
@[member="Grundark"]

As they marched on the city Kiyala began chanting having her personal aide keeping her protected from the occasional blaster bolt so Kiyala could really focus. She knew the @[member="Sargon Vynea"] would not want any careless slaughter as she neared a rather tall building, she signaled a Legionaire to her. After explaining what she had in mind the Legionaire wrapped his arms around Kiyala before using his jetpack to safely and easily as far as her own energy exertion to the top of the building. After ensuring his services he would then transport her aide to another high point of the city.

As she gathered the force and her magics the winds began to pick up through her general location. She opened her comm. to private Fringe Channels saying "I need anyone who is capable of energy bolstering techniques or at least open enough to lend their strength in this Battle Meditation. I intend to use it to make the city literally bow to us as a way of avoiding any needless casualties from now on." She hoped someone would help her but continued whether someone would or not for now those who inhabited her part of the City would feel bolstered if they were Fringers or the inclination to give up amongst their enemies.

Opening her communications up directly to Sargon she spoke "What's the objectives Capt." She said as she began channeling her energies through the Sith Amulet embedded in her Rancor Mark 2 Armor.

@Morna Imura
@Shado
@Grundark
@Sargon Vynea

Matreya

Blasted against the opposite wall, Shado slowly rose from the ground with a light groan. A tank? They had a tank? So be it, now he was beginning to lose control. Standing quickly, Zaiden cast about himself and his 2 remaining allies a Force Cloak, and they all utilized the utmost skills in stealth as they neared the firing origins. Coming up along hugging the walls, Zaiden sent his men a message and quickly they all converged on the tank.

As response to his one time enemy, Zaiden opened a mental connection to @[member="Kiyala Demont"] and began to flood the small woman with his energy.

The soldier in Sargon earned to be on the front lines, but that wasn't his position anymore, at least not at the moment. He was in charge of logistics and planning now , not shooting. Even as the explosion of the tank fire rocked the city Sargon shook his head. "Centurion, get me HQ on the line we need to get some intel on this situation, and possibly some air support. Tell the Rakata to sweep around the city to the south, and try to cut off the enemy retreat."

Walking over towards a holo emitter the Zabrak just looked annoyed by the entire affair. Normally this kind of resistance wouldn't have been a problem, but with the lack of heavy weaponry, and armor they were weak on the ground. Soon the hole in the atmosphere would be leaving Protectorate air space though, and then they could really began this campaign. As was the Republic was moving faster in the north then the Governor liked, but he wasn't sure of the new government's intentions yet.

After a moment the young communications officer reported back, "Sir, two gunships will be lifting off shortly, but it is going to take at least thirty minutes before they arrive." With a nod the Zabrak looked over the map, thirty minutes they could handle. ::All units, we have birds on route if you can get me eyes on that tank we can put it out of commission.::

@[member="Shado"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Teslar Rantarus"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

While the citizens of Therin may very well have been susceptible to mind tricks, and in fact were more so then most as they had yet to experience such things. The droid units were far from being influenced as their only logic was the command subroutines given by the head of the Black Suns security operations, Grundark the Cragmoloid. Even as they worked to manipulate the citizens the mercenary was already going over how to cause as much damage as possible to the Fringe.

Selecting a dozen units towards the front the massive fingers of Grundark set them to moving against the landed dropships. Without a doubt their forces were as limited as Grundark's, and if he could destroy those ships he'd cripple their ability to move. As most of the forces were already sweeping around the city, or entered it there would be little left at the makeshift Fringe HQ to protect those ships.

Matreya

Shado's man chucked a small bag of grenades towards the tank...and he nearly laughed as it landed directly on the barrel of the huge cannon. Unleashing rounds towards the Droids that made way for the dropships, Shado made sure to continue using his Cloak to hide each shot and it's origins as well. Soon enough though 3 were dead and the rest had turned back the way they had came, intent on destroying the opponent they couldnt see. But each shot Lilith was capable of firing has been used and he failed to bring a seperate ammunition cartridge...

Reaching over his shoulder, Shado pulled forth his own "Lola" then cocked and shot her all in a fluid motion. Two droids fell. Reload. The motions were now becoming a second nature, soon enough he would lose control as always happened. He preyed he could last the battle without, but knew otherwise.

DAMAGE INFRASTRUCTURE AND CIVILIANS

Shinju had the orders and the job... Hurt people and make the city burn... Oh she could do that and the sight of it would be well worth the time as Shinju moved with the other members of the Fringer. Her family as it were and her hands came to the Rakatan honor guards she had with her as she smirked. "Spread out and make sure they suffer my sweets tonight the people of Valan get a taste of the carnage." Shinju moved with a skip before she grabbed one of the locals and pulled her aside while touching the woman's head with a grin. "Ah my sweet time to play."

Matreya

BUH-BOOOOM!!!! The grenades went off, and the tank itself followed suit by erupting into flames as it launched several feet into the air before landing back on the ground with a deafening crunch. But Shado had already moved far enough away that he simply ignored the display and kept on his goals. Shells fell to the side like the many dead bodies nearby, but for each shot the flew true and free, the Legate was prepared to reload. So many droids fell that he actually began to stumble over bodies, and thusly had to slow his moves.

They would capture the city. He wouldn't let them fall back.

@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"] @Grundark @Sargon Vynea @[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

Taking no time to waste, I moved my troops down through my section of the city. Letting the FTI do their work in sweeping home from home. making sure that there was no one to rival the Lords of the Fringe. Walking from house to house, I simply carried my sword in my left hand and with my right hand I had ignited flames as red as blood. Looking around a corner, I could see that they had already assembled troops. Nothing much was of them, maybe a few grenade launchers or rockets in the group, but no large weaponry. Suddenly I hear a very loud boom on the other side of the city, Looks like Zaiden had to deal with the heavy guns. Smiling. I walked out into the open. The other troops followed me. Having about 30 men with me, and almost double of the Valen militia, We were out manned, but not out matched.

Raising my sword, All of my men raised their weapons. The troops then turned to as. finally seeing the line of men across the street. With a line of men kneeling, and a line of men standing, all 30 barrels were aimed down range. ANd with a swing of my sword, they all went off. It was a bloody massacre. The troops realized they were being fired on, only alittle to late.

After their weapons were unloaded, I charged forwards. Already we thinned the group to be roughly the same number of men on ether side. With the sword in my left. I lashed out stabbing a man, then raked my claw rings across another's throat. Slashing a man in half followed by lighting a man on fire. THe screams were so loud, I couldn't hear the force through my gift of hearing.
@[member="Shado"],

Matreya

After dropping his Cloak, Shado leapt high into the air, supported himself with the Force and rose higher into the air. As he flew upward he commanded the few men near himself, Locate the next tank. When you do send a mental shout. I'll be listening. The men all nodded and as a singular unit departed from their Legate. The Supreme High Lord looked down at the few droids that continued to march in their small squadrons through the small streets as well as in the smaller alleyways. Roughly he spotted 3 groups, each with approximately 10 bots...

Calculating the fastest and most energy sufficient way to destroy all three, Shado first took a firm hold on the main support beam with his Telekinetic grip, at the same time as creating a pressure from the inside towards the alley one squad happened to be in. At first nothing happened, so he added more pressure. Groaning from the wood of the housing could no be heard, but the wall held. Soon enough the droids would pass the wall..

Drawing back his incorporeal fist he swung it swiftly at the wall, with joy he watched as it crumbled and fell. The bots beneath had nothing they could do but scramble back and forth and slam into each other. Then they couldn't even do that.

@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"] @Grundark @Sargon Vynea @[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

Belle moved when she heard the sounds of what was coming and saw the people. Valen ws an interesting world and terrorizing the people was a strange way to go about things. They could do much as it stood but she had to admit but the fighting that was going on had her moving swiftly as the back of her eye itched. That burning sensation she had gotten since Charroc IV when Jacen taught her how to vaporize people with her sight and here her rage was building towards one of those unleashed moment.

Lucrezia

Vong-formed Imperial Knight/Joiner drone/Imperial
"Please come with me" Lucrezia looked at the people while the others were fighting and tried to get as many of them to safety as she could. Not all of them were fighting and not all of them were a problem. No there was only some who were being a problem with that nerc she had to admit and a smile crept along her face while the armor sent the tubials down her throat to breathe. Her voice came out to the people around her with a smile. "Come on lets go."

Tricia Kalamack

Sleeps all day.... yawns all night
More fighting? Tricia could barely believe it while she moved and dodged the attacks comming, whatever was here and whatever was going after them had her senses on high alert and they flared out searching for things to handle. She would do as much as was needed to handle the problems and kick their arse until there was nothing left but a fine meat paste. The attackers would not escape her notice while she moved and flew into the air bringing one with her. to throw into the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom