Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crushed and Created

"That sounds so cool." She said a bit more upbeat about the situation. "I'd want to learn more about him... about the White Current?" Curiosity clear in the child's tone.

Izzy beamed as Niamh said she was impressed. Her eyes soon drifted to where her master was looking. Her brow furrowed as she glanced between Niamh and the rock, uncertain she could do it at all.

Frowning, she withdrew within herself, her new found confidence, seeming to slip away from her tiny grasp. It took her a moment or two of doubt before the little dark haired girl dared to try again. With a deep breath in, she willed an image of the rock into her mind, working to mask it in the force, tricking the eye to believe it was in fact not there. It took a while longer, and Izzy obviously straining as sweat beaded upon her forehead, but the rock suddenly vanished entirely and completely from sight.

"I did it!" She said it excitedly as she opened her eyes and saw it gone.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

"That could probably be arranged. I'm sure there's someone out there that knows more about the current. I'm not entirely sure what happened to Kamon. He kind of... disappeared."

She grinned as Izzy closed her eyes, even though she knew that the girl was struggling a little bit to deal with this whole thing. She had to learn to let her inhibitions go. Her doubts were going to be the bane of her ability to master and command the Force. It would be hard for her to get the girl to see that. In reality, the best thing that she could do would be to have the girl continue to push herself. The more she succeeded, the more confidence she would build up in her abilities.

When the rock disappeared, Niamh clapped. That was more like it. The girl was a natural when it came to illusion. This was an excellent bit for her to understand. Telekinetics had its benefits, but when you could do things to trick people's senses? Well, that was how you really won fights against evil.

"That's awesome, Izzy! Let's try something larger. How about the tent? Think you can make that disappear?"

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

The illusion faded quickly as her focus shifted away from keeping the rock out of sight. She nodded slowly, for a moment wondering how many people out there in the galaxy were like her.

Her eyes drifted to the tent, now that was much larger than anything else she'd tried so far. "I think so.." Doubt creeping into her words. It couldn't be helped. The tent seemed a huge challenge for her.

Once more she took in a deep breath, though this time she was far more worn than her previous attempts at illusions. It took a great bit of effort on Izzy's part as she struggled to make the structure fade from sight. For a moment, the bottom half of the tent disappeared completely, but the upper seemed to shift in and out as the little one struggled for control over her new strange and foreign abilities.

After a moment more of pushing herself, the illusion faltered and failed completely as pain radiated through the child's mind. Izzy leaned forward, tightly clutching at her head, clearly hurting still. Perhaps she'd pushed herself just a step further than she should have.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

And there was that breaking point. She'd managed to hide a good portion of the tent, but she'd been straining so hard to do anything that her body was now rebelling against her every move. It wasn't unexpected, but Niamh had somewhat hoped it would take longer for Izzy to get there. No matter, though. Now that she'd reached that point it was time for a break. A nice long break involving some food and some rest for the little girl because she still had more training to do.

Reaching forward, she wrapped her arms around the girl and then drew her close.

"Rest, Izzy. You have reached your breaking point. For now you must rest. In the future that point will grow further and further away. Practice will increase what you can do."

She levitated her pack over and reached inside for a meal bar, which she offered the girl.

"Eat this. It will help."

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Little Izzy just wasn't quite used to using the force, nor knowing what her limits were period. Even efforts not involving the force, the girl tended to push herself far harder than she ever should have and the results were usually disastrous.

She sighed, and leaned back, relaxing into Niamh's arms as she laid her head upon the woman's chest most tiredly. "I hope so." The child said, still rubbing at her head. "Does it always hurt?" A question she had to ask. The strain no doubt, had caused the girl the headache she was now experiencing.

Izzy looked down to what Niamh was handing her. With shaking hands she reached out and took it, slowly opening the bar and gingerly started to munch on it. "Thanks." She said politely. Truth be told she'd have preferred fruit but beggars didn't get to be choosers, something Elizabeth already knew all too well.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

Niamh shook her head.

"No. As you become used to using the Force, it will be less tiring and painful. Practice grows strength, and lets you know your limits."

Lifting a hand, she brushed it gently through little Izzy's hair. She might prefer fruit to the meal bars, but the bars were built especially to renew stamina and restore the body. It would allow her to recuperate faster than she would if she just ate fruit. Niamh rarely needed them thanks to her Matukai training, but sometimes they came in handy when things got a bit of out control. It happened sometimes with her. Regardless, she was just glad that Izzy was able to touch the Force intentionally.

"As time goes on you'll determine your limits. You will grow stronger and be able to do more, as well. It just takes perseverance."

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

The little girl nodded slowly, "I hope so, I don't like it hurting me." Sighing, she shifted a bit restlessly in Niamh's arms, only stopping when the woman started to brush at her hair. Finishing off the meal bar, Izzy folded up the wrapper and placed it into her pocket. Closing her eyes she only wanted to rest, to relax for a little while. She couldn't recall the last time she felt this tired.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

She could tell that Izzy was tired. Niamh had pushed her a bit too hard. This whole training people thing was something of a difficult ordeal for her simply because she wasn't used to actually doing it. That and she was training a child who'd lost her family. Though she knew that she could never replace the girls real parents, she did find herself helping that Izzy would look up to her like a mother. She felt very protective of this child and she was certain that she would go out of her way to do anything for her.

As she sat there brushing the girls hair, she started to sing a soft Echani lullaby. Strangely enough, it was only a little bit about fighting. In truth it was about blissful dreams of peaceful meditative training. Izzy may or may not understand it, but it was the tone of the song that would lull children to sleep. Niamh had very few memories of her younger years, but she did remember her mother singing this to her. Perhaps it would help Izzy to rest.

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Izzy was growing more and more tired by the minute. The steady and gentle brushing of her hair, had a most calming effect on the girl, and soon enough her eyes were drifting closed as Niamh began to sing to her. For a few minutes, the young girl shifted restlessly against the woman trying to find the most comfortable spot. Finally the girl curled into a small ball upon Niamh's lap and only a few minutes in that position the tiny girl finally drifted off to sleep.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

Once Izzy had fallen asleep, Niamh scooped her up gently and carried her to the tent. She took the child inside and laid her down gently on a bedroll before she lay down beside her. Considering the fact that she'd curled up upon her in order to fall asleep, she figured the girl would want to stay close in unfamiliar territory. Niamh could keep going for days if she wanted to. Her Matukai training allowed her to keep running for nearly as long as she wanted, provided her body didn't fail her. But rest was good too, so she allowed herself to drift off a bit, though she was keeping a wary eye on their surroundings at the same time.

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Izzy groaned every so softly as Niamh picked her up. Shifting slightly as she was laid down, the young one soon enough rolled onto her side and once more had curled up into a rather small ball. It wasn't long before Izzy was tossing and turning rather fitfully. Though she'd yet to cry out, just by looking at her it was easy enough to tell the young child was stuck in the middle of a nightmare. It certainly wouldn't be the last nightmare she had. Given her traumatic experiences so far in life, it was understandable for her to be having them frequently.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

It wasn't long into their slumber that Niamh was awoken by a dark feeling. Immediately she felt around them with the Force, but she didn't sense any impending danger. It was only then that she noticed that Izzy was tossing and turning quite heavily. She hadn't cried out or anything, but it was clear that she was locked in a nightmarish realm. Part of her really wished she knew more about the aspect of the Force that dealt with such things, but she could at least do a little something to hopefully ease the child's struggles.

Reaching her hand out, she lay it gently upon the girls chest. From within she called the Force, and ushered it through her arm and into the little girl as a soothing warmth. It wasn't something that could take away the nightmares forever, but she hoped that it could at least defeat them long enough for Izzy to get some rest.

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Izzy struggled back and forth tossing and turning in her sleep as the nightmares took over her mind, and sleepful dreamscape. Niamh reached out, and laid a hand on her chest, something that went unnoticed as the child tossed and turned. The force spread through her, thanks to her master's help. Slowly it worked through her mind, and started to soothe her dark dreams away. As time passed, Izzy's struggles slowed, and the child calmed down as she drifted back into a more restful sleep. Rest she very much needed.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

It took a while, but eventually Izzy seemed to calm down and relax. This was something she was grateful for. The thrashing and nightmares were not helping the girl, and she would fall to pieces if she didn't learn to control them. Niamh was worried about her. She was going to have to find someone in the Silver's that knew how to deal with dreams like this. Izzy needed someone to teach her how to handle them so that she could get some actual rest and not have fitful sleep all the time.

She kissed the back of the girls head, left her hand in place, and tucked herself up against her to try and sleep again. She'd rest until Izzy actually woke.

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Hours easily must have passed after Niamh's efforts to keep Izzy's nightmares at bay. The young child finally started to stir in earnest. After a while she finally stretched and yawned before slowly sitting up in her sleeping bag. The little one stretched once more before looking over to Niamh. "How long was I sleeping?" It seemed to be nearly dusk outside the tent now. "And, I'm ... hungry. Can we have some fruit or something?" The kiddo really just needed dinner but fruit was her favorite thing, so it was only natural for her to ask for it.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

When Izzy stirred, Niamh did as well. It had been a good rest for her once all was said and done. She yawned once and stretched a bit, kind of like a waking cat, before she peeked her eyes open and looked at the little girl that she'd been cuddled up to.

"Several hours. Some of which was more restful than others."

She smiled and went to get the fruit from their things. The same fruit that Izzy'd purchased on her home planet. Pulling a small knife from her boot, she started peeling and slicing the fruit to make it easier for them to eat.

"Fruit for dinner is a first for me. I'm sure I could get used to it, though."

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

[member="Niamh Raste"]

Izzy nodded slowly, "I guess that's good." Though she vaguely remembered some of her bad dreams, but didn't speak on it. Those things were best forgotten, even if she didn't say so aloud.

Elizabeth giggled, "I loooove fruit!" The kiddo finally admitted. "I'll eat it any time!" She said a bit excitedly as she started to take a couple slices of fruit to start munching on.

She waited for the kid to eat some of the fruit before she took any for herself. When she did, she opted for the fruits that the girl didn't immediately snap up, figuring that those were her least favorite. That way she got to eat some but didn't upset Izzy, which wouldn't be beneficial to her training. Like it or not, the kid was going to have to go through a lot more training before they left this particular world. Niamh wouldn't be ready to go until Izzy knew enough to protect herself, and they both had created the weapons that she'd come there for in the first place.

"What about vegetables? Do you eat them too or just fruit?"

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

[member="Niamh Raste"]

The little brunette quickly snapped up a few more pieces of fruit, happily munching them, as she drew her legs in, crossing them in front of her. Leaning her head to the side the girl thought for a moment, "A few, but they cost a lot." And there was the reason the little girl had sought out the fruits, sure the sweetness helped, but money wasn't something Izzy really had much of. She was already rather slender, showing she'd not exactly eaten that well over the last few months. "I guess ... I would eat more, if I didn't have to worry about money."

"Then you will eat more from now on, as you'll never worry about money again."

She smiled a bit as she finished eating what she wanted. Truth be told, Niamh could eat a lot, and really pack it away when she wanted to. It came from having a high metabolism and spending a lot of her time training and doing kata's and other things. She was kind of hyperactive more than anything. So eating a lot was just something that she had to do in order to survive. Not in the way that Izzy needed to eat to survive, but in the sense that if she didn't eat she got lethargic.

"And I want you to eat until your full every time we eat. I can always get more food, alright? You're really thin as it is, and I don't want you getting hurt during training. You'll add some muscle in combat training, but only if you're eating enough for your body to build the muscle, which means you also need to eat things high in protein. Deal?"

[member="Izzy Aureth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom