Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusader-class corvette

I ask the Factory GMs to help me specify the SWRP Chaos statistics for the vanilla Mandal Hypernautics Crusader-class corvette.

I was told a standard corvette doesn't need approval at character creation, but I'm making my first character here and while I only want minor changes to the ship I can't really decide what/how to modify if I don't know how the Factory works and what the basic Crusader is supposed to be like.

I was also told no one is known to have used a Crusader before so I hope getting the ingame RP stats for the standard Crusader will also benefit the whole community. This will also help me understand Factory process better.

Here are the things I know of the classic Crusader

First appearance: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
Affiliation: Zann Consortium / Mandalore

Wookieepedia

original concept art:
1456435713344.jpg

The variant I wish to have would be based on the work of a freelance artist, Ansel Hsiao.
Looking at the guns I assume just basing my own ship on the 3D model would mean the stats would be different from vanilla (see difference of broadside guns as example, which on Hsiao's work are fewer but bigger/more advanced guns)

My own character's ship (not that I have much clearly decided yet):

| Ship |
  • | Name | Menace
  • | Model | Crusader-class corvette

• | Manufacturer | Mandal Hypernautics

tnWzjTf.png

Starship Menace Theme
https://soundcloud.com/joriandrake/a-good-old-fashioned-dogfight

I don't wish to state how my ship would be different until I actually know what the stats of the basic Crusader-class corvette would be. I believe it's also possible for players to own/control companies so I ask if Mandal Hypernautics has any way become owned or eliminated by players, or if the company history is unchanged.

My first/main character and possible future ones are to be based around the 'Zann dynasty' and Mandalorian/Sith tech in a way to implement Zann Consortium lore into existing SWRPChaos timeline/lore as smoothly as possible. (as such I avoid actually making Tyber Zann as character not knowing how if at all he acted in the Chaos timeline, plus I consider him semi-canon who shouldn't be player made & used)

I did browse factions and I see there were some attempts at making Zann Consortium and someone even made Tyber Zann so I really don't know how much that affected the RP timeline or the ships affiliated with the Consortium. (which is one reason among many why I just make a Zann 'splinter faction' more in line with the 'Chaos canon')

Thank you for your interest (and hopefully help) in aiding with the specifics for the basic Crusader.

[member="joriandrake"]
Moved to the Pre-Factory section. A factory judge will be with you to assist you in making a submission shortly.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="joriandrake"]

I do love to see interest in making a gnarly ship. Also I think you meant to say BasedGodFractalSponge, which is the proper way to refer to the God of 3d Ship Renders.

To get started, use the appropriate template in this thread. There is one for Corvettes, which we determine on this site based on the length of the vessel. The canon Crusader-class has no listed length, but between 120m-180m is common for heavy Corvettes.

The core concept around which ships are balanced is ratings in one of five main categories. Armament, Defense, Speed, Maneuverability, and Hanger. Hyperdrive rating is also factored, though not as heavily. Then it must be further balanced with strengths and weakness. For 'average' vessels this can merely highlight the listed ratings. For example, a warship with 'Low' Defense rating could have a corresponding weakness of 'Fragile, for a warship.'

Having an actual written out armament is optional. Some people do it, some don't. I always include it, because I think it's cool.

Lets go ahead and start there. Put together what you've got so far with the template given, add anything you want, and let me know if you have any other questions.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] My starting problem is that I don't know where to find the stats/data for the basic corvette.I think I did read this ship is 200m long somewhere as I looked for data and images.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="joriandrake"]

There aren't any really, because it comes from a game. You'll have to make them up.

The game mentions the ships as being very fast and well armed for a Corvette. Going off the template, that would probably look like High Armament, High Speed, and Low Defense and Low Maneuverability.

For actual weapons, the FractalSponge renders have 6 turrets of a single type and four more of a second variant. Something like 4 x Twin Turbolasers and 6 x Twin Laser Cannons would be heavy but not unreasonable for a 200m Corvette.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
[member="joriandrake"]

There aren't any really, because it comes from a game. You'll have to make them up.

The game mentions the ships as being very fast and well armed for a Corvette. Going off the template, that would probably look like High Armament, High Speed, and Low Defense and Low Maneuverability.

For actual weapons, the FractalSponge renders have 6 turrets of a single type and four more of a second variant. Something like 4 x Twin Turbolasers and 6 x Twin Laser Cannons would be heavy but not unreasonable for a 200m Corvette.
OK, I just installed the game again only to test ships.
I will read up all the fan sites on what stats they gave, and then attempt to make a standard, then my variant of the Crusader-class

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom