Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cruelty of the Mockingbird

Ravenous

R
Thick crimson fluid ran down Ravenous's left cheek the blood pouring from the newly formed cracks in his bone mold mask born from the roundhouse kick to his face. Normally his mask would be able to sustain a blow like that but with Lightning shooting out of he
Ravenous-1.jpg
r pores and the Force enhancing her speed and strength what normally would have been impossible suddenly became plausible. Still, even with all that effort, her kick wasn't enough to knock the Dark Jedi off his feet. A ripple slammed into him like the tides of Kamino sending out warning and danger signs to the point it almost pained him.

His ankles flared to life in terrible agony followed by a hollow silence as though they had been...removed. Reacting quickly to the agent of death on its way Ravenous leaped into the air narrowly avoiding the twin sabers aimed at his feet. The man flipped over Telani resisting the urge to strike at her from above feeling it was too risky.

Using a small measure of the Force to adjust his trajectory Ravenous propped himself on the ceiling using the Force to create a magnetic field around his feet that clung him to the roof.

He was ready and able to leap back into the fray when@Telani held her sabers above her head. It was entirely possible this was a sign of surrender but what came from her next shot this notion down. A truce, working together, it was very likely this was a trick of hers but there was no telling.

She was correct in that they were unlikely to survive this duel especially if they remain at a stalemate. Perhaps talking was a good option it would at least give him time to catch his breath. Ravenous released the field around his feet and plummeted towards a console his body twisting mid-air so he could squat on top of it. "You know what? That's fair. Alright, I'm listening." Deactivating his saber Ravenous proceeded to throw it in the middle ground between them a sign that he was committed to the truce. To be honest, it was more for morale than anything, after all, it wasn't as though he needed a weapon to fight. But even after acknowledging that fact, Ravenous stared at Telani expectantly.

"Your turn."

Telani

As soon as his saber was tossed, she too deactivated her and teased them similarly, it was no trick. She stood up slowly and carefully, evidently not trusting him any more than he trusted her, which was fair, but she was also making a clear effort to give him the opportunity to prove her wrong. “Thank you. Now let’s talk business. As I said, if we continue to fight, neither of us are walking away alive, but what if we were to fight on the same side? Two dark side users of our caliber working together would be a force to be reckoned with. If that isn’t acceptable, allow me to leave, and I won’t bother you again, and I’ll see to it that I send a ship of mechanics with food, materials and fuel so that you can get going again.”

He’d feel her mind reaching out with the force, light side this time, and staying halfway between them, if he were to touch it with his own mind he’d be able to tell how sincere she was with this.

Ravenous

R
Bright golden eyes tracked the steadily rising current of Light side energy emanating from Telani its tempered and restricting nature abysmal to the Dark Jedi. Though this newfound shift in mental state provided essential information into what Telani was thinking with this truce...she was serious. The light side while questionable wasn't deceptive and had no use for powers such as concealment or shadow. It strived to be pure and even though it inherently could never reach that goal the drive for excellence was what made the Lightside more reliable than the dark.
Soren.jpg

"You certainly make a lucrative offer, one I would like to thoroughly analyze before accepting. The thing I value above all else is steady meaningful conviction. Without conviction, we all devolve into mindless husk gnawing away at the rotting trunk of life. We live and die for our conviction. Wars are fought over conviction. The entire concept of LIFE itself if built around conviction! It's that exact reason that MY conviction, my purpose in life is to bring down those who LACK conviction who LACK true meaningful existence. If you want to work with me..."

Raising his hands to his mask Ravenous removed the seal from his face revealing the face behind the darkness behind the fear and rage. A man with brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair stared back at Telani Telani his face bleak and emotionless. Whilst one side of his face remained unblemished pristine and clean the other side was horribly disfigured burnt to a crisp and black in color.

"On the day I got these burns I made a choice. I chose to make my own conviction and live with purpose and because of that, I will bear these burns for the rest of my life. What I'm trying to say here is that if you want to work with me I have to know your conviction and know that you have committed it to your heart."

Telani

“If you have a mark, or emblem that belongs to your organization, I’ll need a little bit of metal, and I’ll make that commitment.” She says, looking him dead in the face, not horrified, thoughtful. One side dark and the other side light? That sounds like a perfect grey jedi quality. Besides, if he learned the proper uses for the light side while still being able to use the dark side, he’d find that both of them working in tandem was a great deal more powerful than either one on their own.

Her plan was that if he required such commitment, she’d allow herself to be branded, in the traditional, more painful way. Or she could just force-lightning brand it onto her skin, but that tended to be a little more alterable than straight up branding. So, if he wanted conviction, he’d get it.

Ravenous

R
A dour expression befell Ravenous's deformed face. "I'm not saying to join me you must needlessly mutilate yourself I'm saying that to join me I have to know your reason for existing the reason you bother to rise in the morning. I need to know the tether that keeps you tied to the mortal realm. Conviction damn it! I want to know your conviction!"

Ravenous inhaled deeply trying to calm his troubled nerves. "What I'm trying to say is that if you want to help me then I need to know what you stand for and how you plan to achieve that."

(I know this is short but I got nothing sry :( ) Telani Telani

Telani

(No need to apologise)

"What keeps me going. The need for a purpose, to accomplish something. I've been running from the With for a while, and I've been alone that entire time, no friends, no contacts, no nothing. The need to be a part of something and to fulfill my part. I keep going because I want to do something meaningful, and to grow stronger as I do. Stability and strength to be short." She says shrugging. "That and completing my training somehow."

She was unfazed by his anger, she did not fear him, she knew that she'd die, and she knew that he'd die with her, so she had nothing to fear. "Is that satisfactory?"

Ravenous

R
Peeling back his lips Ravenous revealed a toothy smile its abysmal demeanor a stark contrast to his elated intentions. A wanderer looking for purpose. He noticed it before but it was clear to him now, Telani was like him from their fighting style all the way down to their experiences. Everything. It was as though he were looking into a mirror. It's oddly comforting to know that he wasn't alone in his endeavors whether he could see it or not. Should he feel guilty? Should he feel wrong for wanting others to share his sorrow? Maybe but he would never know, guilt is a thing of the past. And if he wanted to grow stronger and truly understand the reason he exists then he would have to leave his past behind whether he wanted to or not.

"
Yes. That is satisfactory. My name is Ravenous, master of dark arts, wooer of women, preeminent in villainy and preserver and preserver of artifacts. Good to meet you."

Spinning on his heel Ravenous walked towards (what was left of) The bridge exit the automatic doors barely attached to their hinges. He was all to eager to exit this deathtrap of a ship its core not guaranteed to not explode at any moment.

"I'd make you stay and clean up this giant mess you've made but we don't have time for that. Besides our ships are still docked in the hanger so I say we get out of here." With that he was off a lovely dinner followed by some late night television awaiting him back on Kriselist.

Telani Telani

Telani

Wooer of women? Really? Maybe he planned to keep her chained like so many of her blue and green skinned cousins? Of course, slavery, particularly that of the more carnal kind, was probably what her race was most known for. But she banished the thought from her head, he would do no such thing, and he'd be seriously hurt if he tried. So she calmly retrieved her sabers and attached them to her crossed belts, two belts crossed over her hips, not shoulders. She watched him turn and lead the way out.

She boarded her swiftly repaired sith interceptor ship, and followed him out. And not a moment too soon, as not long after, the ship behind them exploded.
e7f6aecaa53985ae64dde13a97518bc8.jpg

It turned out that he was serious about the dinner, which surprised her, but she didn't complain, she had a feeling that the two of them were about to become close friends and partners in crime. Oh the mayhem that would soon ensue!

(And that is a good time to wrap it up. And it seems like a perfect foreshadow for future RPs of different nature. Perhaps we might discuss another one in the conversation?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom