Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crossroad betwen Vex lines,,,(Xian Xiao)

concrete_46.png

At time would have it despite his aversion to other questions that despite his seeming good rapport with most the new arrival to the Temple seeking training. That he neither took any active interest nor drive take one for himself despite the fact he could have had. That rather than staying aid in the fight he seems to appear to be disinterested and busy himself with other things. As such with whatever free time he had that day Ron came to answer a call for need pilot ship heads toward colony system. For a resupply run to the refugee outpost set up on the edge of Silver held space.

So with that once make his way to the dock to take moment to familiarize himself with the transport he was to fly. Then secure the ship he had left behind for now that Ronin then set off with the convoy towards one their first stop ....a planet called Castell.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Her home was just another world that had its good days and bad. This time of year was rough and things were looking bad for the poorer population of Castell. From what Xian had heard through the grapevine though, there were going to be some supplies coming. It was either going to be something good for them...or the people were going to get carried away. Either way, the teen was there to try and get a share of them.

A cloak covered her head but she had easy access to the lightsaber she kept hidden. These people had no idea about her past and she did not care to share it with them. Drawing in a deep breath, she waited in line and watched the street for whoever was bringing the supplies.

With her senses stretched out with the Force, she could overhear some of the conversations around her. Tilting her head slightly to listen closer to one of them, she knew whoever was coming was in grave danger. Taking a few more breaths, she looked around for a vantage point. She hated being so short but she did what she needed to. While Xian was no longer with the Silver Jedi...some of their training had stuck with her.

She did not want to see this poor currier hurt. Almost not wanting to lose her position in line, saving a life was worth it. Whatever was being delivered could be gotten at a later date. Honing in on where she felt the conversation taking place, she tried to disappear within the Force and came to stand near to them.

Knowing when they planned to attack was what she needed to know. Wondering if there were others involved, she continued to eavesdrop. Getting a tighter grip on her lightsaber, the moment would happen as soon as he rounded the corner. Jumping up to a ledge above her, she scanned the street. Seeing the delivery man approaching, she jumped closer to him.

Just as he was about to pass her, she heard a signal from the conspirators and she dashed out into the street. In her movement, she would grab the delivery man and drag him out of danger. Using the Force to enhance her strength and speed, this really was not at all difficult.

After reaching another ledge, she let him go and covered her mouth to tell him to keep quiet.

"Watch."

Looking down at the caravan he had been leading, he would now see it being swarmed by the gentle people he had been instructed to deliver to.

"They were going to kill you. I couldn't allow that to happen. Now I suggest you go back to your ship and leave before they find you."

Being familiar with the streets here, she broke through the window they were next to and went into the building. Darkness swallowed her but she was providing Ron a clear path to make his escape.

Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo

It was at best not quite the ideal time nor place for Ron to be at that time but then again given all that had happened thus far. Along with the long laundry list of baggage he'd had coupled with state mind he'd been of late. He figured despite his better judgment distracted as he was as to what his place or even future would be, Now that he'd somewhat tentatively return there was no telling if or when he could ever find himself truly return the fold. As more and more that part him lean into exploring a far different path that he seemingly shed much what one would expect or assume Jedi would be.

Blending in as much seem with the masses that even those from the convoy he came on the planet gave him anymore mind than any of the normal crew. As seen by that point his saber was nowhere to be seen... was his force signature so faint make it very much undetectable appears non-existent. As he then with once ship landed kept to the load one the skiff with supplies and when ask came with the group help unload. Once the convoy reaches the appointed waypoint drop off that unknown they were going to be met by a detour. As he was walking and trying to keep one the skiff from veering off track best he could cause him to slow down a bit as its motor began to slightly act up.

That although as he turn the corner felt a pair of hands grab him from behind which for the most part swift as it were sudden, Gave him barely time to reach for his mind seem to sense no hostility from whoever grabbed him and the fact Ron was in quite a disadvantage. Being unfamiliar with both the planet as was the surrounding he'd found himself letting things slide for now. Even when upon reach the next ledge and come glance over note who he was deal with. Momentary interaction between the two as she signals him to be still as glace aside he'd noted what she meant... and as she seems gone on her way appear contented with simply. Give him the opportunity to exit with relative safety that glance oversees or note the apparent palatable desperation or was it urgency amongst some of his would-be attackers. That simply could feel be fair just leave and least give try to rectify the situation make sure the supply they've brought over did go to those was intended for.

That when whomever it was she who came to his aid apparently disappear into the shadow. That Ron letting past memory his time work the street himself thought it was of a different era as much purpose. That he slowly let himself down to slowly try tail the attacker after making sure those that he came with were ended aid. By him using what bit medpack he had on himself at that time before moving those he could out there first for now.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

If only Ronin had followed her. Xian would have probably let him in on her plans, even though she had told him to leave Castell. When the man decided not to follow her, she continued on her path and walked out the front door. She intended to try and pick up each of the convoy guards before harm could get them.

When she got back outside, she watched as the man jump down from the ledge and into the fray. Curing to herself, she used very colorful language to describe her feelings and ran out through the gate in front of her.

Slowly walking through the riled-up crowd, she couldn't help but follow him. Coming to the second of the lifts, she again jumped into action and hopefully was able to rescue the delivery man. Not the same one of course. Attempting to catch the attention of the first stranger, she motioned him to follow her again.

If he followed her this time, they would meet up on the sidewalk.

"Obviously you're just as good at listening to directions as I am, sir. Please, listen to me this time. I want to keep all of your people safe from those here. Everything you've brought will get to the right ones. We're all poor and desperate here. Working together, we can save your delivery people."

The next load was just about to hit the corner and she would take a hold of Ronin unless he pulled away. Using the Force again, she would jump and drag him with her to land next to the container and the person guiding it. Nodding if he grabbed the guy, she would attempt to lift them both with the Force...away from the crowd and out of danger.

It was then as stubborn as he was not one at times take a moment think thing thru simply act Ron slipped back down. Work in the shadows as best could check the area out. To then come notice some those he came initially seem to disappear as he only gets too few them whom he leads drag off the side When from hindsight though slightly more aware now than earlier notice one earlier. Attempting to catch his attention which took him a brief moment to do so. Take bit time that what he wanted to give his familiarity of the place. Come back to converse with him at which time listening as the two meet up in the opposite sidewalks from earlier.

"Well Listening and being told not quite one is my strongest suit....but what can say? neither is just turn tails running out leaving any those came her with, But guess being from round here ...got any idea how to go about this? Oh, shoot...."

But then again before reply seems could be told that he notice as much to remember the next batch that Was no sooner going be turn the same corner they had earlier than he rush off to try to flag them down when. Feel the hand on his shoulder the second time which was given earlier he could have easily resisted. Thought since whoever this was had neither ill intent nor appear have that of a hidden agenda in regard to things, He instead op to work with rather than resist as he figured two hands work on the same goal was good an idea as any.

So with somewhat uneven back and forth, the pair accomplish the goal of keeping the next tail end of the convoy safe. And only when the coast was clear that Ron approach her to speak.

" So guess now that done....mind telling me what going on here? Who or what is your stake in all this?"

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Last edited:
After their brief conversation, the two of them quickly got the other delivery people out of danger. She would issue the same advice to leave Castell to this group before turning to respond to Ronin. Lowering the hood that had been covering her head, her black eyes met his green, Xian was silent for a moment before answering.

"What's going on is a hungry and starving population that did not want to wait for the supplies to be delivered properly and safely. These things will get to the correct people just not like you were expecting. My stake was my share of the supplies at the end of the line."

Xian had been behaving herself until overhearing that conversation which caused her to jump into action. The rest was history and now she focused on the present.

"Does that answer your questions, sir?"

Neither one of them had offered a name and she wasn't planning on being the first.

It wasn't after seem that the last of the group he'd come with were both warned as he had been and then sent off. That lowering her hood she turns face meet his gaze. Speaking as she did Ronin did for a moment least hear her out and took note for once of what was said. To which with given the situation being something he in a way knew all too well. Being that he'd at one time his life all Ron knew was the hardship and strife... that least he felt a bit at ease that trip was not a total loss. Despite the possibility of losing out she at least was going to do the right thing.

At that moment knowing what he did now he at least some idea situation and felt perhaps there was still something he could do. Though might not rectify the situation would least help give some they came to her help a chance. That her next response he nods and thought he'd had some reservation that despite let out a faint sigh.

" That it might...least not quite in the dark about the situation though I've known we haven't had a good start. So least can do try..."

He then extends a hand to her adds.

"And I did come help just don't know where to start... name Ronin yours if may ask?"

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Now, most of the danger had passed, Xian could relax a little. The food and supplies would eventually reach her. There would just be a bit of a delay. Here, the strong sometimes ruled and the ruthless, thugs had won the day. Letting out a bit of a sigh, she nodded when Ronin replied to her statement.

"You've been through hard times?"

She was unsure what caused her to ask this but she sensed he had more to say on the matter. Looking down at his hand when he held it out to her, she once again met his gaze. However, she did not shake his hand.

"Xian. Do you need dinner? I can make you something."

With five ingredients, she could practically make a feast. If there was one thing the teen was good at, it was cooking.

"I might not be able to give you much but it should fill your belly. Follow me."

Almost not caring either way, she motioned for him to get behind her. Taking a few steps, she turned around to make sure he was and if he was would guide him to her small apartment.

At that time as she then posed the question that he sort fell silent a bit as worry began to sink in. As to how much should he come clean tell her and faint doubt form in his mind if he even was one in the first place. So make up his mind at the heat the moment Ronin comes to the reply.

"Yeah well let's just say I know all too well how it is to live off the streets....."

And then it kinda bum as much made him realize somewhat how badly their initial start was when she appeared not to take his open hand while initiating the introduction as he gave his name. But then again feeling some hope that maybe there could be hope still that it was not quite a loss as she too gave him her name partially.

"Well ok, I guess.....not that want be any trouble to you given how things are,"

At which case here her reply Ronin opted do so follow close behind her thought this time. Weary of what possible danger there could be he'd proceed with caution and occasionally faintly reach out with the force to feel his way round to best avoid danger ahead. TIll eventually, they made it to some nondescript location he assumes to be the hovel where she stayed?

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

With his answer, Xian knew she could trust him. Besides they had just worked together to accomplish the same goal. Taking the lead in guiding Ronin through the streets and alleys, she took a few shortcuts to make it to her home.

"Too many people know those pains, but there is nothing I can do."

Keeping her words short and to the point, she might even come across as rude...especially since she did not accept the hand he had offered earlier.

"It's no trouble, Sir Ronin."

A small sliver of a smile spread over her face and she made no effort to hide it. Not that anybody would really care. The people that lived here had too much on their plates to worry about other citizens like them, even if he wasn't from here.

"I am just one person and have enough food to feed two. It'll be fine. Unless you eat more than you look like you can."

As they rounded a corner, they came to her apartment complex. Here the walls were almost as thin as paper and every sound could be heard easily. Unlocking her door, she bent over and picked a package that had been dropped off. Holding it up to show Ronin.

"I told you the supplies would get to the right people."

Tucking it under her arm, she opened her door and flipped the light on. Turning around to close the door behind Ronin, she removed her cloak to reveal clothes that were well worn.

"Welcome to Castell, Ronin. Have a seat and I'll whip us up some food."

Motioning to the couch that had seen better days or the table for him to plant his butt into.

It was at that time that while the two after having just worked together to evacuate much of the team he'd come in with to safety. And him deciding to stay behind. Scout the place out and try to see if any could be done to rectify things though he was certainly sure the other might disagree. At any rate, stay close behind and follow behind Xian who then conversed with him. That he in turn listen and took mental note of what was being said while contemplating a plan or course of action could undertake.

"Indeed, too many.... for too long had to...."

His words then seem to trail off as hers seem to be just as brief that in any other case could gain his ire. But then again seem not this time as if nothing less he could not help admire the determination she had. Despite everything that he could not help want to look after her and stay help say the least

"Very well then I appreciate it and don't worry....and see that your right about the supplies."

By then after turning a few corners they soon found themself in a quaint humble apartment complex where she then shows him in. And once inside he then sat himself down on the couch as in the back of his mind. As though cross his mind about how best to help her and others here with their lack of food. Which given his ability with the force and other newly gain abilities pertain the breath.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

With all the years Xian had spent on the streets and the relatively short time she had spent with the Jedi, the teen did know how to cook well. If she had any real thought for her future, she would invest in becoming a culinarian. As it was, she had to scrape by working a dead-end job to stay afloat and rely on supplies getting dropped off.

"I'm glad you and your men came, Ronin."

Speaking through the open window between her kitchen and he was sitting, he would be able to see what she was doing clearly. If he had any concern about her poisoning his food, there was a sense of honesty about the girl. Not a sign she was even thinking about that.

After a few minutes, there was a lovely aroma filling the small apartment and she brought out two plates to set on the table for them.

"I don't have much but I help when I can. You need to eat as much as I do. Come over here."

Moving to grab a couple of drinks, she returned to the table and took a seat.

It was then as he sat there and conversed with Xian while she move to the other room as began to prepare the meal. That he began to look round and sort kinda figure out few things about his host. For if nothing else thinking back to how she noted her move with such ease during the brief time they worked together evacuate as much the crew he came in with. That she no less gives mention next thought uncertain given earlier incident how wise be thought she seems trusted him enough. To kinda just question her when he himself at the time wasn't sure what if any his affiliation was anyway. But just the same given the moment think he comes to reply.

"Well guess they were less my men than me being just assisting them...in a manner speaking. Seeing as I figured the ration could only go so far and good enough start finds some way get these people the help they need...."

He then cut his words short before he figured said too much as truth be told his come here was of his own accord. And not something other in the Order might approve of thought not that he'd care given the fact. He sort of had some falling off with some of them that he kinda exile himself for quite some time and was just now return. To now only come learn of the many turmoils that had transpired during his absence to which he was trying to look into on his own. When she spoke up to invite him to partake of the meal she'd prepared while setting the table for them and was grabbing drinks. That he then came to overtake a seat while he did do spoken.

"...and I appreciate it. Thought you need not worry as I hope can offer my assistance as well..."

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Last edited:
Tilting her head at his comment, the teen found it interesting. They weren't his men but he was just assisting them. It made her wonder what it was he actually did. That question would have to wait until they were sitting and eating. She didn't feel like anybody else hearing their conversation. With the walls as thin as they were...they could have eavesdroppers right now. And it also seemed like he didn't quite finish what he was saying.

"Well, the help was appreciated. You did well to work with me. Thank you."

Bring the food and drinks in, she sat down and waited for him to join her. Looking at him with a slightly confused look, she lowered her eyes to look at her food for a moment before returning them to him.

"What assistance is that, Ronin?"

Trying not to show much emotion, Xian did not want some sort of additional handout or pity. Waiting on his answer, she took the first bite of her food.

It was that time Ronin noted how she tilted her head at his comment reply regarding his role amongst the group earlier. Seem both somewhat cryptic as they were slightly vague with him dropping just enough. To hopefully ease her mind and reciprocate the trust she seem to extend him by being as honest he could. That although he wasn't quite actually part of the group that had come render aid to them his intention was no less honorable. Despite the fact, he kinda was operating here on his accord in somewhat or probable defiance of....as he could only assume as he sort had cut ties with most Jedi brethren. That he could not help doubt if he could even call himself a Jedi at this point though, for the most part, he'd kept the light. That with a smirk as she extended her appreciation that he, in turn, replied back.

"Don't mention it though it was good having to work with you in getting them safe."

By then as the two partake of the modest meal which ito him as if anything much appreciated as it was a welcome change. From having c-ration they had during the trip here. And as he spoke of while taking few initial bites of food offer about him extending his own assistance that Ron took notice. Of the look on slight confusion on her face as then turn her face away briefly before return gaze back towards him. That he adds soon after ... let out a faint sigh unsure how well his admission would go over given what he knew of things be.

" Well, I do have certain skills few possess that could help to assist...maybe get something done about the condition here thought. Am not sure if those in the Order would agree....not that seem matter see am here on my own accord and not by theirs."

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Twirling her fork in her fingers as she chewed her food, she waited on the answer from Ronin. Having distanced herself from the Jedi, she did not expect to hear from them ever again. Xian had been a Padawan and had a few Masters that didn't seem to stick around long enough to train her in anything. Only one woman had proven to be a solid one and she had learned quite a lot from Noriko. However, time had passed since they had last seen each other and that had caused an even great schism. Xian didn't feel her future was set in stone and she had allowed Ronin in for a reason...something beyond what even she could understand. If the thought had crossed her mind, she would have said the Force brought them together. It didn't though and she made no mention of it until he spoke.

Narrowing her eyes slightly when he mentioned the Order, she stopped fiddling with her fork and set it on her plate. Picking up her water, she took a sip of that and remained a little tense as she formed the words she wanted to say. Putting the glass down on her small table, she folded her hands together for a moment and leaned forward to whisper. There wasn't any real heat in her tone but if Ronin was at all empathic, he might sense some deep anger within her.

"There is NOTHING you, me, or any Order can do here. Do you understand that, Ronin?"

Maybe he was still rather idealistic even if he was not here at the behest of the Jedi. At least, she assumed that was the Order he spoke of. A question came into her mind.

"When we were rescuing the men you came with, you never used the Force. Why not?"

She had done all of that and maybe it was enough. The extra help from him would have been nice though.

It was then that he seems as spoke that on cue no sooner had he let drop mention of the "Order" that shift in her. As having lived the life he had Ron couldn't help notice when she lean over and in seem whisper spoke out. Her mind to him that if nothing else there was as he suspected some history there as well which thought not privy to what clued him in some way. That he then seems, in turn, replied back...

"That much I agree to be true... but reckon as old space once told me. Ain't no harm least trying thought everyone gunning earn those blood stripes be true to once self ....be something else even if mean being a rogue ...."

At which time he then stop briefly leaning back having eaten one bite of food then taken a few sips drink. Just as she then perhaps contemplated something in her mind added to pose a question which he then replied.

"...which I guess be honest I've could've used the force all along but choose not to as have forged on to a different path. "

He then fell silent unsure how best to proceed as if nothing less than as far he figure he'd progress on the path he'd set himself on. It was at best not something easily understood nor explain being that he himself felt himself barely does himself.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

The teen sat there, all tensed up and with her teeth clenched shut, breathing through her nose. Listening to what Ronin was saying, she nodded.

"I left the Jedi for a reason. As a whole, they didn't do anything bad to me. However, nobody stuck with me to train me. Without the interest of a Master to keep me there, I left and nobody has come looking for me. Unless you have and you're lying to me."

Giving him a hard look, Xian did not think he was and hoped her accusation was false. Finally, she opened her mouth and took another bite of food but was quiet as she considered what he said.

After leaving the Jedi, hadn't she essentially become rogue herself? If what he said was true, then he was too. Maybe they had that much in common and could find some sort of ground to stand on together.

"Why not use your skills to help people? Like I did."

Not that she knew of a better way to help the delivery people. Using the Force had been the best option and she had followed her intuition and acted on it.

It was then in between bites of the food that as much she appear not to show he could no less sense. How slowly some of his suspicion about Xian were realized as did faint hints or tidbits that she'd willingly share. As passive-aggressive tone her words earlier when dropping mere mention of the Order which he listens to before come to reply back.

"Well be honest believe me I'll be the last person anyone would want on their side nor come looking for them. .... Seeing as I too had my reason for leaving and it's not so much if anything bad as well. Just that did have had but one Master who care as much took me in when none would. But then again ever since much had happened that somehow however much I've tried it was never to be so I left. To find a different path that of which started me on a journey am on ....."

It was with that after a few more bites and conversation she then posed another question which he in turn took moment to ponder before replying.

" That I would if could or can thought to find myself unsure or if anything if these skills ... does more harm than good. Thought to try help despite there being so few if not maybe I being maybe the last....for there is I've come find things other than the force. "

He pauses as in the back of his mind unsure.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Again fiddling with her fork between bites, the girl listened to Ronin and allowed him to finish speaking. Giving a bit of thought to his words, she felt some surprise when he said he would be the last person anybody would want to be on their side. Tilting her head a little in confusion, she kept quiet and chewed on her food. Finding her plate empty, she was going to clean up when they were both done.

"You had one Master that helped you and I guess I did too. She wasn't a part of the Silvers though. Which Order were you in? And if I'm honest, I do not usually make use of my abilities either, Ronin. Tonight was the first time in a few years, I'm just glad they hadn't left me. Since I turned away, you know?"

Most of the anger she had been feeling had drained away. Now she was just a young adult having a good conversation with another adult. He was certainly her senor but he was treating her as an equal. He was accepting her and this was something Xian wanted more than anything. Just to be accepted and treated not as a child but as the adult, she thought she was.

"What are you going to do after this?"

Finishing off her drink, she leaned back in the chair she was in and looked across the table at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom