Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Cronos Aegir's Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qhorin Solas

Q
DaxJuno2.jpg
Intent: To craft a blade born of Cronos's own Force energy to engage in combat against Force-adepts galaxy-wide.
Development Thread(s):
Manufacturer: Personal Creation
Model: Lightsaber
Affiliation: Cronos Aegir
Modularity: Minimal
Production: Unique
Material:
  • Phrik Casing [Hilt]
  • Synthetic Focusing Crystal
  • Refined Phobium Emitter Matrix
  • Adegan Crystal Focusing Lens
  • Diatum Power Cell
  • Copper Modulator Circuits
  • Magnetic Stabilizing Ring
  • Leather Grip
Description:
  • The blade is powered by a Synthetic Crystal imbued with Cronos's Force signature -- he fed it both negative and positive emotions, all of his love, and joy, and anger, and pain. The blade is especially attuned to him due to this duality. The hilt is made of Phrik, and as such is resistant to lightsabers. Due to the synth crystal the lightsaber cannot be used underwater, and if used to cut through strong metals can overload and rupture, ruining the integrity of the blade. The adegan focusing lens refines the strength of the synthetic crystal, and has been modulated to emit a slightly elongated blade with a tight, tapered beam.
Classification: Dual-Phase Lightsaber
Size: Bastard (One-handed/Two-handed)
Length: 40 cm Hilt; 155 cm Beam first phase; 465 cm second phase
Weight: 1.76 kg
Other Features: Gold Beam

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Cronos Aegir said:
Phrik Casing [Hilt] Synthetic Focusing Crystal Refined Phobium Emitter Matrix Adegan Crystal Focusing Lens Diatum Power Cell Copper Modulator Circuits Magnetic Stabilizing Ring Leather Grip
I'd like a clarification on what you expect each of these effects to do and why, as a lot of them sound like KOTOR-type phrases/items and we don't use gametech as most of it's a balance system.

Cronos Aegir said:
Due to the components involved in its construction, primarily the synth crystal itself, the lightsaber has the rare ability to 'break' an enemy saber by overloading its energy matrix during prolonged engagements.
I'd like this removed, as this a pretty blatant attempt at powergaming, and other submissions have been denied for similar functions.

@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
They're just parts of a lightsaber, added for "realism".

The effect is no different than what happens to a lightsaber when you strike something made of cortosis, which has happened to my character. Anyway, I took it out.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
The effect you're describing is the effect of a lightsaber hitting pure cortosis ore, which is very, very brittle, to the point where a blade made of it would be useless against any good armor, and any armor made of it can be pretty easily slugged through with a strong sword or hammer, throwing something large at them, or even a punch from stronger characters(whether in natural strength, force enhanced speed/strength etc). This is a plasma blade which cuts through anything but six or seven rare metals that can stop a lot of people's only defense against said blade. If the average Jedi fights someone with a cortosis blade or cortosis armor they still have a ton of options, but if the average Jedi fights a guy with a lightsaber that acts the same way they're screwed.

Realism is cool, but I just wanted to make sure you're not trying to add in any strange effects or things like that in it, as we don't do that. Looking at the description I don't see anything in there that seems like you trying to make your lightsaber better than any other lightsaber, aside from personal touches and a phrik hilt(Which is completely legitimate with the dev threads you've done). Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom