Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Critique the Oligarchy

Yoru Shakou

For a while I've been wondering what the members of Chaos think about the Avidon Oligarchy. I have thrown myself into it, trying to get it back up and running from my previous attempts. Now though I would like to know what the members think about the Oligarchy (both non-members and faction members alike) so that I can make it better and create a faction that others would like to join.​

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

I took a look at a few of your posts before. Suffice to say, your idea is solid. You've got the rhyme and reason, so you might be wondering: Why doesn't anyone join?

I had that same experience when I started The Primeval; our info thread took off the day it was posted yet with all the numerous replies you want to know something crazy? No one joined... I don't remember a single person who joined from our info post. I'd like you to hear me out since although this might not be critique in the traditional sense, I want to be helpful.

I'm assuming you want to go Major since you asked about dominions for the event.

If you want people to join your faction you need to do more than just make posts, I gave up on recruitment threads for the most part. Instead I started asking people. Anyone who had a character I liked, new members, I actually follow the new members forum for the sole reason of recruitment; not going to lie. See a new character sheet? Ask them if they're interested in joining a faction, offer to help them develop their characters, things like that. Another way to gain quick activity (although not guaranteed to stick!) is to do something Crazy. If your faction doesn't stand out enough from the others, why would someone want to join it over one of the more established ones? For us, the most activity we've gained came from our Helska invasion. Albeit the invasion went dead in the water, we gained interest because suddenly we were doing something and that made people want to be part of it.

Above all -- advice I've gotten from others -- be inclusive. It's better to provide the clay rather than the art. Just because someone's character might develop inside your faction at first, that's not stopping them from continuing that elsewhere... Give them something to build inside the faction, that way they're committed to something that's theirs as much as it is yours.

Take my advice however you'd like, I think you have a clear vision; you just have to run with it.

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

Make a lot of interesting threads. People love to have things to do, but get them into something they like doing too. I haven't seen you guys around really. To my perception your public presence is very low. Most people never look twice at a faction advert but if they see your factions out there doing stuff, they will flock to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom