Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Crimson Saber

Status
Not open for further replies.
f2VQk2E.jpg

OOC Information
Purpose: A versatile and specialized Light-saber
Image Source: http://imgur.com/a/hypu5
Primary Source: NA
Cannon link: NA
Production rp: If needed

Production Information
Manufacture: Kurenai Yumi
Model: NA
Affiliation: Kurenai
Mod-ability: NA
Production: Unique
Material: Velmorite Crystal, Durasteel, Beskar

Classification's
Weapon Type: light-saber
Hilt size: 30 cm length hilt, 100cm when extended
Blade Length: 65 cm electrify-able area of extended part
Weight: 2.3 kg
Special Features: Velmorite Crystal to give a thin fluid blade, extendable shaft allows for the weapon to be held like a spear/halberd, extendable area can be electrified via and extra switch on the body making it able to parry blows against other sabers.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Extendable End: The extendable end is fast moving allowing for sneak attacks, can be electrified and used against light sabers and makes it easier to add momentum to swings.

Velmorite Crystal: The special crystal in the blade makes the sabre a much more high quality thin, useful against armor with small gaps.

Heavy: The extra material and Beska coating on the extendable part makes the blade slower to swing, on the other hand such wight means it is harder to block and parry.

Length: The weapon is susceptible to being damaged on the end removing the advantage of the extendable area when not electrified, though this does not always damaged the actual saber.

Cortosis: Still being a standard light sabre despite its special function, the blade will short circuit if hit against a substantial amount of cortosis, though it can still be used as a blunt weapon.

Tight spaces; The blade needs a decent amount of room to be used to its full extent, as such tight spaces reduce it to a normal saber.

Slugs: Slugs still pose a problem as trying to deflect them results in molten shards, which can damage the user.

Water: The sliding components mean the blade is not water tight and will short out when submerged.

Description:
Kurenai's life was one of adventure and excitement and as such she became well acquainted with with a variety of weapons. To mimic her versatile nature she designed and made a specialized any highly skill required saber to be used in most situations. The blade took inspiration from the saber pike, electro staff and stun baton, weapons she was partial or well use to and merged it into an exotic and specialized hybrid weapon.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Hello. My name is Rusty and I'll be your friendly neighborhood Factory judge for this submission. We have a few issues to straighten out before we can move forward.

Kurenai Yumi said:
Velmorite Crystal
Please provide a link to the crystal in question in the submission.

Kurenai Yumi said:
I think you meant beskar. Just a heads up, beskar is a restricted material on Chaos. Use in unique submissions like this one doesn't require you to jump through any hoops, but anything other than a unique submission would.

Kurenai Yumi said:
Slugs: Due to the blade emitter creating a much wider beam it has no trouble deflecting slugs.

Kurenai Yumi said:
Velmorite Crystal: The special crystal in the blade makes the sabre a much more high quality thin, useful against armor with small gaps.
You sort of contradict yourself there. You can't have an extra wide blade, and also an extra thin one. Pick one.

Kurenai Yumi said:
well antiquated with
I suspect you meant "well acquainted with" here.

Once you're done making the edits, let me know via the @name tag function, and we'll take it from there.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

I linked the crystals wiki page, removed the Beskar, for the blade emitter it is still a thin blade just has a wider breath like a sword, the thickess does not change. [member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Kurenai Yumi said:
removed the Beskar
The beskar was fine, was just giving you a heads up about proper usage.

Kurenai Yumi said:
for the blade emitter it is still a thin blade just has a wider breath like a sword, the thickess does not change. Rusty
That's not how a lightsaber blade works. The blade is cylindrical, and while it might taper slightly towards the tip, it doesn't do anything radical in terms of shape.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom