OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit a standard combat uniform for the Crimson Dragons Mercenary Outfit
- Image Source: Battletech Concept Art | Battletech Trading Cards
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Crimson Designs
- Affiliation: Crimson Dragons
- Model: CD-BDU
- Modularity: N/A
- Production: Minor
- Stygian-Trisprismatic Polymer
- Classification: Multipurpose
- Weight: Light
- Kinetic: Low
- Lightsabers: Average
- Environmental: Very High
- Environmental Protection: Due to the often varied jobs required of members of the Crimson Dragons, the CD-BDU is designed to serve functionally both as armour for ground operations and as a vacuum-sealed suit for pilots. Due to the effort that has gone into designing it for use in space, the CD-BDU subsequently provides significant environmental protection.
- Lightweight: Designed not to interfere with the maneuverability of wearers, the CD-BDU is a particularly lightweight and flexible uniform, making it particularly useful for recon and exploration. Additionally, its lightweight design has made it surprisingly comfortable, and it can be worn for long periods without discomfort.
- Stock-Standard: Aside from its unique vacuum-seal and environmental modifications, the CD-BDU has no real systems or defenses that would put it above any other standard armour one could purchase on the market. It especially offers little protection in regards to kinetic force.
- Not-so-Subtle: As a uniform, the CD-BDU is emblazened with the Red, Gold and White colours that represent the mercenary outfit. Unfortunately, these are colours that tend to stick out, making the uniform not especially useful when it comes to stealth.
Considering the often varied roles that members of the Crimson Dragons play, often needing to be able to adapt to jobs that would shift between ground and space combat quickly, it was determined that the mercenary outfit needed a standard uniform which would allow for this modularity. The task of creating a uniform that could provide solid protection, environmental defence on par with a pilot's flight suit, and represent the mercenary outfit, was given to Crimson Designs, the workshop functioning as part of the outfit. The result of this task was the CD-BDU, ticking all of the required boxes.