Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Criminal Currents in a Serendipitous Sea

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
"A noble sentiment, but you can understand how I can't take you at your word or why I can't turn a blind eye to it even if I did." 'They deserve it!' was an often complaint regarding the 'lack' of punitive action taken against a criminal. In the moment -- a single criminal or group -- it would seem easy how best to treat a criminal. An eye for an eye. Show criminals their lifestyle was wrong and they would be held to account in this life, not just the next (if they believed in one). But that ignored several very crucial facets of life and the justice system. Not everyone accused was guilty, there was no universal understanding on how best to 'punish' a criminal, what motivated a criminal to their act played a crucial role in all things, and so on.

In this case, the Reptile claimed she would only kill those that won't be 'dearly missed' with the implication they were just enriching someone higher int he food chain. Quite the vague assurance. Even those people could have families. Some of them might not have a choice but to participate in the criminal enterprise -- literally, do or die. Others might be undercover agents unless the Reptile would care to share how she'd tapped into government databases. Local police departments were one thing, Nation-States weren't so easily compromised.

Normally. Ra had to admit if this creature could change their appearance that might allow them easier access.

"I think you come from a background born of darkness not of your own making. You've seen the galaxy at its worst since the beginning. Given that it's only naturally you would distill the galaxy down to a pursuit of money in order to survive," the Constable replied. Her milky white eyes remain on the woman. The Arkanian hadn't made any move to change her position as they spoke. "But there is more to the galaxy than a selfish desire to live. If only two people were left in the galaxy there's a chance they'd try to kill each other, but to what end? It's just as likely they would die in one another's arms -- a desperate attempt to find solace surrounded by an infinite abyss devoid of all other life. That is neither here nor there, however. I'm here because I want to keep as many people alive as long as possible."

Tag: Laramie Kamryn Laramie Kamryn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom