Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crime Time Lime

GADividerPurple.png

He'd already put out the call.

Crime wasn't something he often saw, especially on the streets of Coruscant, but it happened now and then. A fruit vendor, mugged. Their stand overturned. Aris was currently running after the assailants, but he did make sure to call the proper authorities over it. Assault and robbery was a very big crime after all. So he ran, sprinted down through the street. After a speeder. And was actively keeping up with it just on foot alone.

Aris was pretty fast after all.

"Stop fleeing! You're under arrest!"

"Jesu- Why is there a kid running after us!?"

Panic was clear in the passenger's voice as he looked to the driver. Who, in turn, glanced back to Aris in utter bewilderment. They were sticking low to the streets so they couldn't get picked up by a tractor beam or such from law enforcement, but the didn't think someone would be able to just run and keep up with them.

"That's a Jedi! Shoot em!"

Xeno Xeno

Coruscant, Underbelly
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble

sithspit_divider.png

Luxar | Klocto | Sword

"That's a Jedi! Shoot em!"

"The hell?"

Xeno frowned, putting down the magazine he was reading. A rather bizarre trio sat at an outdoor cafe, or as outdoor as any one place could be on Coruscant. A thin pale man, sun hat and aviators over his head, a large robotic individual wearing a pair of box glasses and a fake mustache, and a rodian that had hidden his face under a full fake beard.

Little did anyone know that this was, in fact, the famous band Sithspit in disguise, incogneto to blend in and enjoy their evening. The three turned in unison, looking on at a speeder rushing towards their location.

"Hot damn," Klocto noted, taking a puff of his cigarette. "That kid is fast."

"Obviously," Xeno told him. "They said Jedi. It's just force speed."

"Looks like a hit and run," Luxar laughed. "Don't worry, fellas. I got this one."

The hulking shell that housed the shard stood, striding out into the path of the fleeing speeder. While the band of criminals was concentrated on getting their guns drawn to fire on the young Jedi, the last thing that the driver would witness was a giant mechanical figure bring down his powerful arms, completely flattening the nose of the speeder. The goons would, of course, go flying out the open top in various directions. Xeno and Klocto would follow behind, rather casual about the whole ordeal.

"I thought you were just gonna catch it," the Rodian noted with a laugh. "What a shame. Could've sold the speeder."

Xeno sighed, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"The hell do we even need money for," he shrugged, then turning towards the fast kid. "You call the cops?"

Sometimes Jedi were bad about getting law enforcement involved. Then again, sometimes law enforcement was bad at getting involved. You just never knew down here.

GADividerPurple.png

Aris didn't stop running, even as the speeder suddenly came to a halt. Instead, he leapt up onto it and forward right for the two people that had just been launched from their seats. And caught them. They weren't heavy for Aris, despite the fact they should very much be too heavy for a boy his age. He landed in a way to keep them from getting hurt before letting out a sigh and setting them down.

They were too stunned to really say anything.

"They're on their way here now, yes. Thank you for your assistance, though please don't be so destructive in the future. They could've gotten hurt from being launched like that."

It sounded like a lecture, but Aris was, as ever, just stating facts. The pair of criminals were certainly lucky Aris had caught them.

Xeno Xeno

Coruscant, Underbelly

sithspit_divider.png

Luxar | Klocto | Sword

"They would have been fine," Xeno shrugged. "The area's wide open. A little road rash never killed anyone."

Despite the seeming violent nature of how they stopped, most of the momentum had stalled as the pilot tried to hit the breaks. Injury was just karma as far as he was concerned. Still, it had been loud, and perhaps a bit destructive. They should probably tone that down a little.

"Well, you heard the kid," the half-Nagai continued. "Less destruction. Let's get this thing cleaned up."

"You got it boss-man," Luxar saluted.

The large frame of the Shard's mechanical body was quick to hoist up the speeder, rather impressively picking up the shattered vehicle above him to haul it off to an alleyway. Xeno frowned, looking down at the Jedi child to assess them. Tall, but very baby faced. He couldn't have been any older than fourteen. A sigh escaped from his chest. The kid could have wound up running into people who were actually dangerous down here.

The Jedi killing kind of dangerous.

"I didn't think the Jedi sent the young ones down here without supervision," he remarked. "Seems irresponsible. Mothers don't exactly like kids coming home in body bags."

"Aren't you a downer," Klocto scoffed, taking another puff of his cigarette. "Tryin' to give the guy nightmares?"

Xeno shrugged, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"Just honest. There's three trillion people on Coruscant. Not all of them wanna be your friend."

GADividerPurple.png

"We're not so far down that Padawan's aren't allowed to walk freely. I just happened upon a crime, and chose to chase them down so the Authorities would know where they were while preventing them from doing any more harm."

If they were the dangerous kind, he wouldn't have chased after them like this. Aris glanced to Klocto, tilting his head a little. "Why would that give me nightmares? He is just speaking the truth." And Aris had already faced down people who wanted to harm him and his family, not just a Jedi. "But there is no reason to worry about me. I am making sure to be as careful as I can."

Xeno Xeno

Coruscant, Underbelly

sithspit_divider.png

Luxar | Klocto | Sword

"If you say so," Klocto shrugged. "Got nails, I'll give you that."

Xeno frowned, tilting his head.

"You look familiar," Xeno remarked, pausing to ponder for a moment.

How strange. Xeno didn't think it was someone he had actually met before. Perhaps it was a public figure? Famous Jedi always had some kind of successor, a kid or two in their private life. You'd look away for a moment and then find more families with continuous generational trends of being great Jedi. They'd probably be hearing about more Jades or Vanagors or whatever other Jedi lineage was most likely to get recycled later on.

"Eh, whatever," the half-Nagai shrugged. "Probably isn't that important."

"Bad news!"

Luxar had called back, stomping his way over now short a busted up speeder.

"Radio chatter is getting hot," the shard relayed. "Word of a Jedi down here has the hunters squirming. They're eager to pick up one of those bounties the Enclave put out."

"Well look at that, kid," Xeno chuckled. "Seems like you've been drawing a lot of attention to yourself."

GADividerPurple.png

"I'm Aris Noble."

There was no reason to hide who he was. He was certain that would be why he recognized him at least. He did raise a brow right up as the Shard came back over and announced that Jedi were being targeted. Here on Coruscant? He hadn't gone that low into the city world, but he was going to be attacked? He frowned a little at the thought.

He'd already been attacked at his own home.

"Then I shall return to the temple."

Xeno Xeno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom