Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Crentice's Shadow Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Shadow Guard

Intent: To protect Crentice, and any other person(s) Crentice orders them to.

Affiliation: The One Sith

Availability: Rare

Quality: A - Elite

Type: Bodyguard (Infantry)

Strength: 3 Guards per unit. (Only 1 unit allowed per month. When 1 unit is wiped out, Crentice must wait 30 days before another unit arrives.)

Description: This unit was created by Crentice in order to protect him, and those around him. The members of this unit are children taken from planets around the galaxy that are force sensitive, who are taught for a set period 10 years from the time they are taken from home. They are not acolyte level in lightsaber combat, but do know a few force powers that most acolytes wouldn't know, which are limited to Force Lightning, and Force Choke, as well as the basic force powers, Force Push, and Force Pull. They are armed with a lightsaber staff, and a heavy blaster pistol for longer range engagements. Their armor is resistant to light blaster weapons. Due to extensive training in the force, Jedi Mind Tricks are rendered ineffective on these particular Guards.

Links: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_pike/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_blaster_pistol/Legends
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/76032-shadow-guard-test/#entry1122976

(P.S. these guards CANNOT be used for teaching, leading assaults, leading fighter squadrons, etc., and they only obey orders directly from Crentice, unless ordered otherwise.)

[member="Crentice"]

So hello there and welcome to the Codex, I will be your friendly Codex Judge for this submission. So a few things that will need to be addressed, but that can be done in a moment. What I need first are the links to the equipment your guards are going to be using posted into the sub at the bottom. They can be from both the factory, with the creator's permission/bought through the marketplace or you can use canon equipment from the wiki.

[member="Crentice"]

Thank you very much, so that leads us into the next thing which is the biggest.

Personal Cloaking Device (( Objective : Complete a role-play without your character by only describing the scenery and actions of other characters from NPC perspectives without changing the course of the story directly. Ask for permission from the participants before engaging. ))

A personal cloaking device is a restricted item that requires the above condition to be met in a roleplay for use. Also, as an A-rank NPC unit, your guards also require their own development thread. As you're new to the site and all that, I'm only going to ask for ten posts of development for the guards, but they must be present in each post in some way to show how they are so elite.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] So, I need to find someone who will do a thread with me to prove how elite they are, and a second thread that doesn't involve my character, that just describes the scenery and actions of others

[member="Taeli Raaf"] The development thread is complete. Now I have to do the requirement for the cloak, but just as reassurance, what scenery/ character actions am I supposed to observe as an NPC, and what NPC am I supposed to be?

[member="Crentice"]

It would be from the point of view of one of the Shadow Guards if that makes it easier, and it can be any scenery/actions as long as it makes a cohesive story. The best way and easiest to go about this challenge is to get together with another writer, let them know you need some help with this challenge, and craft a story with them from there.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] Any required number of posts for this? I am working on something, and need to know its length for story purposes. (Sorry as to how long this is taking.)

[member="Taeli Raaf"] It was going fast when I did the dev thread. Now I am doing the dev thread for the PCD, and I have someone with me for it. So it was going slower, and now he is barely responding. So, I only have five posts done, and waiting on him to respond.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

So my thread is divided up in two parts. The second to last link is my solo, while my one that I did with someone else is the last one. But it is finished, regardless.

[member="Crentice"]

Apologies for the small delay, was discussing the dev threads with the other judges and the admin. So, we concluded that the first thread is okay for use as a personal cloak dev thread, but the second one doesn't really follow the challenge itself. Furthermore, it was decided that for each NPC to have one, then another two threads would be needed for them that follow the style of the first thread.

My recommendation, if you are agreeable, is to drop the personal cloaking units from the unit temporarily and then submit a unit modification after the other two threads are done so you don't have to keep waiting on your unit. Or you can drop the cloaks altogether, your choice.

That was my idea from the start. If this didn't go accordingly, (which obviously it didn't) I would drop it the cloaking device all together. And plus, if I have to do one for each NPC, it makes it even less worth it. Considering a person knowing Force Sense could easily sense them, and if you're adapted to fighting cloaks, you could see the distortion. It's not nearly as good as Force Cloak, and I would refuse to let them have that. So yes, I will remove that.

Otherwise, what else us necessary for completion? [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom