Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creepy Crawly Space Bugs

[member="Mrrew"]

It had been several months since Rygel Larraq and Skek'zus Quall had interacted. In that time, the Qellan had been placed as CEO of Auron Helix and continued to make innovations with the company. The Qellan seemed to revel in the opportunity to lead his own genetics company and it made Rygel Larraq happy to see one of his more valuable employees find enjoyment in their work. But as Skek'zus Quall walked into his office, Larraq could tell that something was bothering him. That, or he was excited. Larraq was still having a hard time discerning Qellan emotional expressions.

"Something of interest had been brought to my attention." Skek'zus said simply after Larraq smiled and greeted him.

"And what would that be?" Larraq asked with veiled annoyance at the Qellan's mannerisms.

"We have competition." Skek'zus said.

"Mandal Hypernautics has a lot of competition in the Galaxy. Maybe you could be a little more specific?" Rygel Larraq asked the Qellan as he leaned back in his chair and resumed sipping on the glass of scotch that had been resting upon his desk.

"There has been at least one recent development in Biological Starships before Mandal Hypernautics made the Mesen'Laras." Skek'zus said. "An organization known as the New Order created... At least two massive, flagship-scale warships that are, in fact, biological in nature."

Rygel Larraq leaned forward and returned the drink to its place on his table. His hands came together and a serious look crossed his face. "What do we know about them?" He asked flatly.

"Next to nothing." Skek'zus responded. "Only that they have found their way from Sith faction to Sith faction. They are currently being held somewhere by members of the One Sith."

"And how do we know this?" Larraq asked.

"Shokita Stations tracked their hyperdrive signature fleeing the collapse of the New Order group. Considering their last confirmed trajectories, and cross-referencing public data from Republic institutions that monitor Hyperspace, it is very safe to say that the two ships have found their way into One Sith hands." Skek'zus said as he sat upon the floor on the opposite side of Larraq's desk. Larraq couldn't help but not the similarity to how Talyn, his pet Vornskr sat.

"Alright Skek'zus. What would you like done about this?" Larraq asked simply as he leaned back into his chair.

"I want genetic samples." Skek'zus said with what seemed like excitement creeping into his voice. "I want to know how the creatures compare to the Prowler-class Mesen'Laras. Perhaps studying them... their genetics and their construction... could lead to further developments for our own projects?"

"I'll make a call." Larraq said. "And I'll get you your samples. Construction on additional Mesen'yai Stations has already begun and I want to expand our options. For now... continue the projects we're working on. I have great faith in your abilities."

[member="Mrrew"]

As the Qellan Bio-engineer left his office, Rygel Larraq was placing a call to the only organization he could think of that would accept such an insane mission. Skek'zus had left a heap of data for Larraq. Visual confirmation from Mandalorian naval actions against the New Order, Shokita Station recordings tracking the path of the creatures around Mandalorian space and along the Northern edge of the galaxy, and public records from Republic space tracking unidentified signals making their way into One Sith territory.

There was no way to know exactly where the creatures were at the moment... But Larraq know who could track them.

"I have a proposition for you." Larraq said simply as his call was answered.

Mrrew's secretary droid announced he had a call. The Togorian looked up from the book he'd been reading, titled 'The strangest creatures of the Galaxy', and blinked at the intercom device. Most orders were handled by his secretary droid- the only times he spoke directly with a client was a buisness oppurtunity, or a very large order... Mrrew pressed a button on the intercom device, letting the call come through. "I have a proposition for you." Straight to the point. At least there would be no beating around the bush- not even the pleasentries of exchanging names. "And what is that?" He could be straight to the point, too.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

"The biggest game there is." Larraq said with a slight smile playing at the corner of his mouth. "I want you to track it down. There's no need the capture or kill it. I simply... need a few samples." Pressing a few buttons, Larraq sent his files through the Holonet for [member="Mrrew"] to review. "I'm sending you a data-packet on the target now." he added, waiting patiently for the reaction of the Togorian when he realized just exactly what he was being asked to track.

"It is called an Omen-class Command Ship. And as far as I know, there are only two known to exist in the galaxy." Larraq said as he scrolled through the file himself. "We know that there is an Organic creature contained within a coral shell. The design does not deviate all that much from traditional Yuuzhan Vong designs. But we have no information on the core species. We don't know where it comes from, what it's capable of, or even what it eats."

Leaning forward, Larraq stared into the holocom. "I want you to find it for me. And I want you to help me unwrap its secrets." he said to the Togorian. "The reward... Will be substantial and proportional to the efforts you must take to safely get me the samples I need."

The biggest game there is? Exogorths were the first thing that he thought of. Which wouldn't be much of a problem- the guild had captured one already, and was working on capturing two more. And only a few samples? That wouldn't be hard at all. Then the image went through... ... Kriff. It was a fething warship. Mrrew opened the file with a touch to the hologram, scanning it as [member="Captain Larraq"] spoke. A fething 2,000 meter Yuuzan Vong monster that could rip apart a city with one swing of an arm.

"Do you have any idea where these... things... are? Even a sector of space would be useful. We can find it either way, of course, but it's easier not having to search every inch of space from one side of the galaxy to another."

He only hoped that Larraq had the credits to back this.... These things could probalby eat exogorths. He wondered if they were competition for Colossus space wasps. Or maybe they ate Oswafts?

It eats people....

fuckthat.jpg

[member="Mrrew"]

"We have hyperspace monitoring stations along the borders of Mandalorian space. Readings from these stations and similar civilian stations within the Republic seem to show the pair of creatures traveling along the northern edge of the galaxy and then making their way towards the systems currently controlled by the One Sith. So... Our best guess puts them somewhere in the clutches of the Sith. Unfortunately, beyond that you'll be on your own." Rygel Larraq said over the holocommunication with a hint of disappointment on his face. "If we had better intel, it'd be my own men I'd sent after these things. But you and your guild are renowned for your ability to track and acquire nearly any target... And I think I can make this project worth your while if you choose to see it through."

( Ooh I forgot about this thread. )

"That's enough of a lead. I warn you that if these things are in One Sith control, it may be difficult to acquire them. Hopefully, they are not." The Togorian leaned forwards to the hologram, and nodded. This would be extremely difficult, but not impossible. "It will take some time. But again, it is possible." Nearly anything could be done for the right amount of credits. Getting samples from giant space spiders included.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom