Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Creating Species From Other Galaxies

Val Drutin

V
As usual, I am asking the weirdest (and possibly the stupidest) questions here.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has submitted a species which originated from beyond the SW canon/Chaos galaxy (a la the Yuuzhan Vong) and how it worked out, or if no one has done it (yet) what kinds of restrictions would play into how it functioned on here.

(Also sort of wondering if anyone has attempted to bring species from other fandoms/folklore in, and just how swiftly they've been axed. Tell me stories.)

I remember reading some rule banning people from creating extra galactic species (excluding vong) but I can not find that rule anymore so im guessing it was relaxed however the species would have to be from a pre existing extra galactic planet since there is rules against making planets and locations outside the main galaxy so I guess the main restriction when making an extra galactic species is it would have to be from a planet like Nagi located in the Firefist Satellite Galaxy

As for attempting to bring species from other fandoms it is somewhat possible as long as they are not exact copies and have enough differances from their original fandom. If they are exact copies of another fandom's species you can most likely expect it to be denied straight away.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of site staff nor a codex judge so I could be completely wrong

Kyber is correct.

At the current time it is possible for a writer to submit an extra-galactic species to the codex if you wish to. However, since extragalactic locations nad planets are not allowed they will have to have a physical homeworld within the galaxy to be based on.

As far as other species, a straight import of a species from one IP to Chaos is not allowed, however many people have taken inspiration from aa species they like to run with it and make it their own.

Val Drutin

First of all - Good question. Thank you for asking!

When in doubt - Always double check the Codex Standardized Rules. Here are the pieces that would directly apply to your question:

1c65eb679c4b8372328130091bf3296a.png

be99521a2231aa837b6497b303bd2c12.png

2469dbb816d5089891ab6236b158c728.png

16d16f1025e0f87673f7c4238dc617bf.png

1.) You can create a Species that originated from an Extra-Galactic/Companion Galaxy planet or location. They can come to our known galaxy for a variety of reasons, meaning, that you can immigrate them in. You just can't create Ex-Gal Locations or Planets. Nothing outside the spirals on the Chaos Map. (The purple background.)

2.) No crossovers and no plagiarism. You can draw inspiration from a species that you like from another Fandom, however, you must put it in your own words. It should be unique and it should still follow the rules on Species. (Ex. They can't be immortal.)

If you have Codex Questions in the future you can always start a thread in the Codex Discussion area as well, or, use the Codex Discussion area on the SWRP Discord. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. No question is stupid - And we never mind. Thanks again!

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
technically there are a few other Exo galactic species thay can be used i play as about 2 of em Silentium and Abominor
ive seen Toff and Vong

^ as the poster above said you can't play as a non SW species/ crossover that dosny mean yoi can't be a Droid who is red and blue and says " Roll out "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom