Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crashing Circumstances

She'd been eating in complete silence until the man to her right asked her a question. Millu didn't know quite how to reply to that, since the girl didn't really stay in one placd for too long. There were only two ways she could answer that question: either she could say the name of her home planet, or she could just say where she had been coming from when her ship crashed in Vandor.

Millu decided to do both. "Well, I was born in Denon. But I have been traveling around for such a long time that I don't really think I can say I come from there. Now, when I crashed here, I was coming from Thaere Privo, going back to Nexus Ortai which is where I'm living for now."

She smiled and got back to eating.

Beric Layne Beric Layne

bericnongif.png

V A N D O R

Tag: Millu Lee

Beric listened as Millu spoke, quietly feeling out into the force to listen to the emotions emanating from the young woman. She was quite calm; that, or she was skilled enough to hide her emotions from a Force Probe, something exceptional -- but not unheard of -- from someone of her age and training. Beric noticed that she also didn't mention anything about parents; for someone to be so young, and to own their own ship. . . he sensed that there was something more to her story. But for whatever reason, she had not decided to bring it up, and Beric would honor that.

He swallowed as Millu finished and went back to her food, and studied the girl, an idea forming in the back of his mind. "Your ship can be repaired in a couple of days, and you'll be able to get back to Nexus Ortai like you planned, albeit a little late. But. . ."

"You have a potential, a rare potential that I have rarely seen before. You have a connection to the Force, something that few can boast of. If you'd let me, I can train you to use and control that power. In the Confederacy, there is a group called the Knights Obsidian, filled with people like you -- and me -- that are able to use the force. You could join their ranks and learn the ways of the Force, realize your true potential."

"The choice is yours to make. I will respect whatever decision you choose."

millubar.png

V A N D O R

Millu sneaked a few peeks at Lord Beric as she ate. The man was looking at her, seemingly mulling over something in his mind. Shortly after, he spoke, claiming her attention. It was good news, her ship (or better, her employer's ship) would be ready and fixed in a few days, and she could be out of this freezing hell of a planet.

Millu was just going to add her two cents that she could help with repairments to the machine when her host added a but to his sentence. Darn it, did there have to be a catch to everything in the galaxy? She was expecting him to say that she owed him money for the stay, or a job, or anything, really, but Millu wasn't expecting that.

So she was right to think that his interest in her force sensitivity was more than mere curiosity of a fellow force-sensitive after all. But she couldn't really take his offer, could she? Lord Beric was offering the opportunity of a lifetime, scratch that, a thousand lifetimes.

Ever since the girl realized she was force-sensitive, Millu dreamed of actually taking that foward, and learning to control her powers, and here was she, the promise of training and a whole different life, falling directly into her lap. What her host offered was a way out- out of that messy life she had created for herself over the last five years, and steps into a journey that might actually take her somewhere instead of just leave her wondering in circles.

"I'm not... sure. I need to think on this. I mean, it'd be a total 180 from where I am right now, and though I don't really have that much of a life going on, there's still things I need to think about. And I do need to return this ship to it's owner in Nexus Ortai..."

Beric Layne Beric Layne

bericnongif.png

V A N D O R

Tag: Millu Lee Millu Lee

Beric could not deny htat he was disappointed by Millu's choice. He saw a potential in her that he'd never seen before, and he felt an urge to compel her to not return to the life that she had led. But, he'd also promised that he would respect her ultimate decision, and so when she declined, he simply nodded.

"If you wish to return to Nexus Ortai, then I will make sure that your ship is fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, you have full access to Frosthall's grounds, and if the castle's accommodations are not to your liking, I'm sure that the inns at Fort Ypso will have some open space this time of year."

Drawing up his cloak around himself, Beric stood up and gently slid his large wooden chair backward with the force, a servant immediately coming to clear his plate. He turned one last time to Millu, giving a slight bow before straightening. "I have matters to attend to, but you are free to finish your meal. Tomorrow I'll let you know how the progress with your ship is coming."

And with that, the Lord of Frosthall left.

millubar.png

VANDOR

Millu opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again without saying what she had already forgotten. It seemed like Lord Beric was disappointed by her choice somehow. But what was he expecting? He surely couldn't think I'd give up my entire life in a whim? She sighed. She did want to follow that path, but it was too sudden, and she had things back in Nexus Ortai, She couldn't just leave so suddenly!

The girl opened her mouth to say I'm sorry- but again stayed speechless as her host got up, said goodbye and left the room. Millu had a feeling she had just messed up real bad the best opportunity she had her entire life.

Beric Layne Beric Layne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom