Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Crash Prime

Lehon (Rakata Prime),
Outer RIm

If it moves, it's edible.

That's how Rusty Bones had been able to survive for so long. He'd eat anything, puke it and then eat it till he would not. At this point, he thought, he would be able to eat steel too. Rusty Bones wasn't his name a long time ago, it was something else. But he could vaguely remember and it hardly mattered. Where he'd come up with the name Rusty Bones? He wasn't too sure either. Maybe something he ate. Maybe an old crew member of his who did not survive the crash. Did he actually have a crew? Did he actually crash here at all? Delirious dreams, most likely. He'd been here his whole life. Once he separated his life into two parts - before the crash and after. Eventually, all blurred together. What was before the crash remained as blurry dreams haunting him once a week. Rusty Bones got so used to these dreams he now acknowledged them as visions instead and thus he became Rusty Bones The Seer of the Crabs.

The only stupid edibles which never avoided him. They'd come out on the shore, dozens of them and listen to his incomprehensible ravings. At the end of his tale, they were already in boiling hot water ready to be served to Rusty Bones.

One sunny morning, he woke up sweating on the shore. Another vision of the ship crashing down onto the planet. But this time it was different, it was not the same ship, nor the same crew. Rusty Bones pondered on the visions and the more he wondered about it the more he seemed to recall moments of a life before he was baptized as Rusty Bones on this world. At noon, a shadow flickered and he looked up to see his vision come to life. A ship on fire as it plummeted towards him helplessly. With a gaping mouth he gazed at the sight as the ship came closer and closer.

And then it all came back to him.

He'd been a faithful husband and a good father to three children. Oh, how he had loved them. They had been plagued by debt, financial insecurity. It was why he had gone on this voyage, on this crew. It was a good pay for an honest job. A cargo run to the Outer Rim. They had received their payment on delivery and were headed back home. He finally had the hard earned cash to clear their debt and start their life anew. Pay the mortgage, send the kids to college. Alas, an interdictor caught them. War times. Believed to be smugglers for the enemy, the interdictor started blasting and tearing the ship to pieces. Half of the crew died then. The frantic navigator sent them on a course to nowhere and the ship appeared too close to the gravity well of this planet. Yanked out of hyperspace and sent down to their deaths. And he - the lone survivor - lived. Hope dwindled. Day after day until the days became years and the years became decades. A tear rolled down his cheek and Ran Felian took a final glance at his life.

Gaz swore he saw a man down on the shore right before they crashed. He also swore it was the Shepard that was to lead them to the Heavens. But he was still alive, he knew that because the unholy stench of the Empress Teta still lingered in the air. He'd cursed the day his captain decided it was a good idea to smuggle Gizkas and if the stench was not enough of a reason to turn down the job - take a look at this. Apparently, one of the gizkas had eaten an artefact of great power for Jedi and Sith alike, a star of some sort. He could've sworn he'd seen it auctioned by a Zeltros girl a few months ago. Well, either way, they ended up chased by a big warship. Navigator boy sent 'em here with engines ablaze and no hope of survival as the corvette plummeted down from orbit to its death.

They were supposed to be dead, right?

Salko fought back the weight of his eyelids to wake up to an unforgiving headache. He lied down on the cold steel floor of the bridge. Emergency lights flickered, conduits sparkled and hissed.

And the stench.

So we made it.

The Force had listened. He called upon it right before impact. Shielded the whole ship in a bubble as it crashed. Alive and away from the damn Sith.

These rusty bones' still got it, huh?

Something was beeping.

"Gaz."

No reply. He cleared his throat.

"Gaz!"

"What...captain?"

"Why is the distress beacon on?"

"Feth."

This entire place was insane.

An emergency landing (okay, so his freighter crashed) planted him straight in a tropical forest. Lehon. Where legends went to die, or so the stories went. You know how it goes. One day you wake up. Set some coffee. Read a holo-article about Historical Events of the Past. It briefly mentions an ancient war before the Plague. It mentions a name of a world too. And the 'Get Rich Scheme' is already forming in your head.

Get to that place.

Hope you find some scrap of a legendary device.

???

Get rich.

Of course, Wynter hadn't been counting on the nebula. Nor his ship being smacked out of the atmosphere. The last week he had been trying to survive. As said before however? This place was insane. No beach house in sight or any coconut drinks. Cannibals, instead. Cannibals. That's straight out of some nasty holo-flick. Humans, too. But also strange aliens with maws the size of a scaled-up plate.

The only reason Wynter was still alive was because of his training.

Sure, he had no fething idea which plant was poisonous and which ain't- but he was lucky. Then, of course, a second (third?) crash landing happened near the beach. It was a wreck. A corvette maybe, unless it was a cruiser with a lot of parts missing under the waves now. Slipping inside wasn't difficult. There were holes the size of small hills carved into it now. No, the most difficult part was avoiding getting fried.

Wiring exposed, reactors leaking.

But this was the best place to scavenge for parts. The only way to get off this place himself. Besides ... everyone was dead anyway, right? No way anyone survived this.

Unbeknownst to him he moved through a proximity laser. Somewhere on the bridge a bleep peeped. This would alert The Fool The Fool to something simple. Someone was inside the ship, someone the still surviving systems didn't recognize.

Aghezhakh.

A mentally handicapped Noghri who had only one job. One job. Keep the E-press Tete, as he knew it, running. He was pretty good at it. He'd been fixing ships since the day he was born, a couple of hundred years ago. Nothing could stop him from repairing ships. Nothing. But when the ship lit up in flames, there was barely anything Aghezhakh could do to fix it. The engines went bust, the reactor nearly exploded, saved only in a last ditch effort and with a prayer more than anything else. There was absolutely nothing he could do and that made him angry. Limping, he found the opportunity to be useful once more.

"Aghezhakh." the intruder would hear from behind him. A slithering hiss of a cursing spell uttered by the reptilian maw of a warlock. For all the intruder knew, it was not a hydrospanner that Aghezhakh was holding but a staff with a skull on top. A thing of nightmares.

"Aghezhakh." the spell was cast once more. "Aghez-"

"Barry, please." Salko appeared around the corner facing the intruder. Gaz shadowing him like a curse. "It's just a guy who lost his way."

Gaz's eyes widened. He ought to have been used to his captain's obliviousness at this point.

"Capt-"

"Welcome to the Empress Teta, wanderer!" Salko opened his arms wide and approached the man carelessly. "Mind the stench of gizkas. We will fix that asap. Top priority."

A gizka hopped on the intruder's head and then hopped away.

"Captain, what are-" Gaz's hand fell to his holster.

"Name's Salko. Captain of the Teta. Named after my cousin - the Empress Teta." Salko offered the intruder a hand and grinned. "How may we be of help?"

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

The Fool The Fool

Everything was fine and dandy.

Until chit broke loose.

Well, metaphorically anyway, because no explosions were roaring. Just ... sentients. Being sentient. First the hissing behind him. A gorram lizard (walking... Noghri?) wielding something in their hands. It was big, so was the lizard. Already his hand going to his blaster. Then a voice in front of him. Wynter glanced back and saw a human. He already put his most charming smile in place, but before he could say anything?

Something landed on his head and then bounded away through the wiring.

"GAH!" Head rearing up, but it was already gone. Everything was going kinda fast. Salko suddenly walking in, hands shaking, greeting and smiling. It all made Wynter a little bit ... dazed. "Um, Wynter Rack- Captain Wynter Rackham, formerly of the Undoubtedly, but currently of the... jungle, I guess."

An awkward cough there.

"Well, sir, I noticed y'all having some ... landing difficulties. Quite frankly I assumed y'all were dead. So, I came to salvage this ship for parts to make my own escape."

Space travel was awful.

A damp cloth leaked water down the pale face of one Eloise Deceaux. A wet towel applied directly to the forehead was supposed to help. It didn’t seem to be working for her.

Her cot rattled and shook with the ship as her stomach dipped from the wide turn and acceleration. The vibration of the vessel’s sudden movement was intense enough to jerk the woman from her rumpled sheets. Durasteel bunks weren’t all that comfortable to begin with but they were even more unpleasant to slam directly into. “That’ll hurt tomorrow,” she thought aloud while massaging the bruise already forming on her forearm.

Two arms pressed against the ship’s bulkhead helped to support her sluggish, yet deliberate, steps towards the bridge. Before Eloise managed to work her way to the helm though she was thrown backwards by another course correction of the Infans. The Infans... a small vessel, held together by fraying wires and sheer willpower. It’s captain, Buckley, was so honest that it was a surprise he hadn’t been swindled out of the ship already. It was why she’d booked passage with him. Wouldn’t ask too many questions and the fare would be cheap.

“Distress beacon, gonna go see if we can help,” the Sullustan captain called back towards the cabin.

Ah, right. The true price of an honest captain. Dropping everything to go help a stranger in need.

As the Infans entered the gravity well of whatever planet they had been skimming near the ship’s cabin was filled with Buckley’s calls to be careful, grab onto something, and a bit of pleading to whichever deity he called his own. The ex-Sith tried to convince herself that this would all be something she could laugh at in a few weeks, they surely weren’t about to die in a horrific crash. It helped a little. The tumbling ship snapped a few dozen trees as it approached and the crash couch that Eloise had strapped herself into provided some level of sanity in the chaos of the impending collision.

Flash of colors, then black, and then a whole bunch of pain.

When her brown eyes finally parted open they were greeted by the slobbering mouth of a concerned Sullustan. “You ok?”

Just peachy,” she answered back.

“Hyperdrive is shot, landing gear is busted, but the reactor is ok and I think I can get the thrusters online,” the captain explained. “Maybe we go check that beacon, maybe they have parts to spare?”

Traversing through the jungle hellscape was annoying but for all his faults Buckley had managed to crash at least somewhat close to the wreckage that was hailing distress. As the pair approached the downed vessel the red haired woman asked, “you have a plan? Besides waltzing up to that ship and announcing ‘don’t worry your rescue has arrived but could you spare us one hyperdrive please?’

“Something like that,” he said as he waddled toward the downed starship.

Space travel really was awful.

The Fool The Fool

"Well, that's fucking cynical." Gaz growled and took out his blaster.

"Aghezhakh!" Barry confirmed.

"Ladies, I'll be damned if I wouldn't have done the same as Captain Wynter Rackham." Salko diffused the situation. Reason unknown. "The Undoubtedly, ye say, huh? Heard the name."

"He hasn't." Gaz murmured coldly.

"Aghezhakh." Barry confirmed. Probably.

"Anyway, Rackham, we ain't dead. Bob's out in the infirmary-"

" Vercingetorix!" a youth's shout from afar corrected him. "It's Vercingetorix , captain!"

"So we ain't leaving any time soon either unless there's a scrap yard 'round this neighborhood." he said and headed off out of the hole from which Wynter had earlier arrived from. "Might as well start looking now, eh? Gaz, Barry - get on with any repairs y'all can make. Starting with our biggest issue - the stench of gizkas."

"That's hardly our biggest concern, Captain." Gaz mumbled but remained unheard by his captain.

Salko stepped out of his ship and breathed in the fresh, salty air. A long coast on one side and a canopy to his other. A canopy from which a pair materialized from - a sullustan and a human.

"Y'all ain't customs, right? Be kind enough to point me at the nearest scrapyard?"

It looked like the most uninhabited world in the galaxy to all but to Salko.

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham Eloise Deceaux Eloise Deceaux

The Fool The Fool Eloise Deceaux Eloise Deceaux

He opted to latch onto Captain Salko.

The simple reason being he was the first soul in weeks that wasn't interested in just putting a bolt through him. Or eating him for that matter. "Okay, look, I don't want to rain on your parade here, Captain, but-" Eyes peering at the two figures approaching them. They were blurry, but Salko didn't seem concerned. Which didn't mean chit actually. Since he clearly didn't know the problems this planet had.

"Get your blaster out," He hissed towards the man next to him. It was his damn eyesight. He had glasses, but they were a schutta to keep intact after a crash landing. "This place is filled with cannibals, savvy? Been dodging them for a week now. Karked up aliens with maws filled with teeth. Crazy humanoids."

Pointing a finger towards Eloise and her Sullustan pilot.

"How do we know they ain't part of them? Your crash landing just lit up a beacon to all of them."

He could almost imagine a horde of flesh-eaters descending down upon them. Through the treelines. It would be a massacre. Then again... these two ... didn't seem all too ravenous. The blaster pistol was still rearing up, but much less confident now.

"Hey, you two! You stay right where you are and tell us whatcha up to here, okay?!" His voice only moderately shivering.

To both of their surprise the crash site didn’t contain mangled bodies but rather several humanoids that were very much unmangled. And it looked like they were staring at the pair.

Buckley’s mouth fell agape once he caught sight of pointed blasters and fingers. The Sullustan pilot threw his hands up in a non-threatening gesture of greeting.

“Saw you hailing for help, just came to see you’re ok or no,” he explained.

Let me handle this.

Sand scrunched beneath Eloise’s feet as she took three slow steps closer to the downed ship. The captain was naive, willing to show he was unarmed and ready to surrender before they even assessed if these marooned travelers were friend or foe. The Infans’ ex-Sith passenger understood people a bit better. They sensed weakness and they may be inclined to take advantage of it, even if their original intentions were all well and good.

How about you holster that blaster cowboy?” She faked a slight smile as sunbeams reflected off her freckles. They were outnumbered at least two-to-one but Eloise wasn’t about to raise her arms in subservience so soon.

Just as my friend said, we’re responding to your distress signal. No need for anyone to get hurt today.

The Fool The Fool

"We're fi-" Salko began but Captain Wynter Rackham had a different view on the situation. With a pistol out and frantic eyes scanning the two newcomers. To Salko, Rackham seemed a bit too worried. This talk of cannibals and whatnot, it confused him. Honestly. Especially when he had no clue what cannibals meant. Nonetheless, Salko acted as if he did with the most nonchalant self-assured grin on his face.

The lady from the pair took to speaking, seeing as the Sullustan seemed shaky at best. She really wasn't having any of Rackham's gun wielding, trigger happy attitude. He figured the two newcomers weren't customs officers so the captain mentally sighed with relief.

"Distress signal?" Salko asked and then remembered.

"Oh, yes. Well, someone better shut it down before the Sith come find us. We just managed to evade 'em. 'pparently we've got some artefact on us they were looking for. I am sure they will be 'round the block soon enough." he said carelessly and lit a cigarette. Last of his pack. "So, I think it's a good time for me to find a scrap yard 'round here, patch the Teta and leave before them Sith folk show up."

And with that he kept on walking passed the Sullustan and human lady. Whether they all followed or not was not something Salko really gave another thought about.

Meanwhile, for those even a drop more perceptive than Salko would feel eyes hungry for humanoid flesh stalking them from the shadows of the canopy.

The Fool The Fool Eloise Deceaux Eloise Deceaux

"My distress call? Now listen here-"

Before he could get farther into his indignation Salko interrupted him. By being himself. Mostly. Talking over him and then ... walking forward, past the two. "Wait, wha-" Nope, the Captain was already walking. Which didn't leave him with a lot of options. Stay here? With his crew that wanted to kill him? With the .... red-haired lady and her companion? They COULD still be cannibals for all that Wynter knew.

"Hold up, wait!" Blaster holstered as he sped after the Captain. As he passed Eloise and the Sullustan? "Still got my eyes on you two. This place is filled with cannibals and I don't trust you."

Once he cought up with Salko he sighed.

"Captain. I am serious, this place is dangerous. It's not a tourist resort. There are no scrapyards. It's jungle as far as the eye can reach." Glancing over his shoulder to the pair. "Do you really think I'd still be here, if there was a convenient located place to draw parts from?"

A Sith artifact? That was interesting. Her Force training had been cut short and maybe that artifact could help expand her knowledge. Or at a minimum she could pawn it for a few thousand credits. File that thought away for later.

Ocean breeze made the embers dance around Salko’s cigarette as he passed the redhead by, seemingly oblivious to the fact that a scrapyard probably wasn’t going to materialize before them. That wandering off into a jungle alone was ill-advised. That they should probably devise a plan.

There wasn’t time for her to point these facts out though. The karking idiot who was waving his blaster around earlier was trying to flag the wandering captain down, spewing warnings of cannibalism. Plus a crude remark about trust.

Cannibals? Scrapyards? Did you two bash your heads in that crash back there?” Eloise inquired with her thumb flung behind her, gesturing at the crash site.

She walked a few paces behind the two likely concussed men and stated, “you don’t have to trust me but I want off this rock, same as you. Panicking over some primitive natives that you think are cannibals isn’t gonna help any of us.” The former Sith slowed to a standstill, arms crossed and staring at the duo with one brow cocked.

Buckley shook his head and mumbled, “last time I agree to ferry humans.”

The Fool The Fool Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

Last edited:

Salko halted to a stop, the self-confident and incredibly ignorant smirk still carved on his face. He narrowed his eyes at Captain Rackham who seemed quite worried about something. Cannibals, he had said. Whatever those were.

"As my old man used to say - it's easy to get lost in the city, son." Salko said with the most ignorant wisdom ever produced. "You've just not found it yet."

Whatever bothered Captain Rackham about the jungle certainly didn't help him in his endeavor to find a scrap yard. Salko pointed back at the coming red haired lady and her sullustan friend, while selectively ignoring her initial rhetoric questions.

"Lady got a point. Panicking over some cannibals ain't helpin' no one, Cap'n. I wager they ain't bad at all. Good neighbors, I bet, too. Might as well have a cousin among 'em running a scrap yard. 'ho knows, ey?" he shrugged and turned to head away on his randomly chosen path into the jungle.

A crunch of a branch and half a dozen of primitive, flesh hungry sentients ambushed the shipwrecked troupe from above. Spears flashed and blood splattered. Salko staggered back and reached for his pistol but it wasn't there. Calling the Force was useless, he'd used it all on saving the ship exploding to bits when it crashed. Another slash from the makeshift spear and the Captain of the Empress Teta tripped and fell on his backside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom